• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sheamus is interesting that he has a unique look. He is bland with his promos (as a face) and even as a heel all he says is "I'm going to kick you in the face fella". His move-set serves him well but I wish he used the High Cross more. The Brogue kick is as interesting as the W.M.D.

Sheamus as the "Great White" makes no sense to me unless there is a shark somewhere. The Celtic Warrior was so much better.

He had that good promo once upon a time...

"Hey fella, how about I rip your head off, fuck your girlfriend?"

Striker

Is there a reason Natalya is simply enhancement talent now for crappy Divas? Watching NXT because I'm bored and eating a late lunch.

Kaladin

Is there a reason Natalya is simply enhancement talent now for crappy Divas? Watching NXT because I'm bored and eating a late lunch.

Without Laycool and Kharma, all WWE really has for divas that can wrestle are Beth Phoenix and Natalya. While I would love to watch them two go at it all day, Vince has other ideas.

I won't argue with that. But the constant near-fall, spot fests do get a little grating after a while.

they're awesome in person, but there's a reason i don't watch indy wrestling week in, week out, and why i generally celebrate when a guy i like from the indies gets signed by the big leagues and no longer has to fight every fight like it's the main event of Wrestlemania.

Wrestling can't get enough what?
impact, obviously.

wrestling can't get enough impact.

Striker

They had Melina and Gail Kim and did nothing with them for the longest time before they ended up leaving. They were decent wrestlers and had good matches on Superstars - hardly saw them outside spot fests in tag matches on Raw/Smackdown. Laycool were eh, and Kharma really never got started. They've had Natty and Beth for about five years and still seemingly have done little with them. Just stupid all around, but it's been this way since the little angle of Trish-Mickie James, which was probably the last decent angle from the Divas.

Clegg

they're awesome in person, but there's a reason i don't watch indy wrestling week in, week out, and why i generally celebrate when a guy i like from the indies gets signed by the big leagues and no longer has to fight every fight like it's the main even of Wrestlemania.
I'd like to see Davey Richards in WWE.

However, he's definitely someone who'd have to spend a while in developmental before he gets called up.

He has a similar build to Benoit imo.

G-Fex

STOP SAYING LET THE PIGEONS LOOSE.

I DONT KNOW EXACTLY THE DEFINITION OF IT BUT I HAVE A GOOD IDEA WHAT IT MIGHT MEAN AND IT JUST DISGUSTS ME AND THE TERM IS AWFUL NO NO NO NONONONON

Kaladin

Davey Richards would work in WWE, he's one of the few guys at that level who seem comfortable on the mic. The only thing is, I don't see Jim Cornette letting his perfect champion go any time soon.

They had Melina and Gail Kim and did nothing with them for the longest time before they ended up leaving. They were decent wrestlers and had good matches on Superstars - hardly saw them outside spot fests in tag matches on Raw/Smackdown. Laycool were eh, and Kharma really never got started. They've had Natty and Beth for about five years and still seemingly have done little with them. Just stupid all around, but it's been this way since the little angle of Trish-Mickie James, which was probably the last decent angle from the Divas.

i hate what's happened to the women's division in the WWE. not quite as much as i hate what happened to the tag division, but nearly. when TNA are doing something better than you, that tells you right there that you've got something seriously wrong going on.

they never use the women who can actually wrestle, even if they're smoking hot... and seem happy to let the female talent piss through their fingers.

fake edit: i was totally going to rewrite that last sentance, but thought, nah, fuck it.

DMczaf

WWE has PS3 controllers now

35494X.jpg

W03696X.jpg

Striker

i hate what's happened to the women's division in the WWE. not quite as much as i hate what happened to the tag division, but nearly. when TNA are doing something better than you, that tells you right there that you've got something seriously wrong going on.

they never use the women who can actually wrestle, even if they're smoking hot... and seem happy to let the female talent piss through their fingers.

fake edit: i was totally going to rewrite that last sentance, but thought, nah, fuck it.
Natayla and Mickie both look real good, but WWE had some ridiculous "fat" label on them and purposely had Cole and Laycool bringing it up.

somedevil

The Dean Ambrose and Mick Foley feud is continuing now on twitter. I wonder when this will go to Raw?

Mick Foley‏@realMickFoley
Having a blast with my kids at Disney. Not really concerned about some guy I've never heard of.

Dean Ambrose‏@TheDeanAmbrose
Must be nice to be so arrogant and oblivious. Guilt free family funtime. Just great. Good for you. @realMickFoley

Clegg

I still don't know why WWE insists on changing the ring names of every guy that goes through developmental.

Jon Moxley is a much better name than Dean Ambrose. We're lucky that Paul Heyman fought to keep the CM Punk name.

Kaladin

http://twitchandmoan.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/titus.gif

I was hoping someone would gif this when I saw it live.

I still don't know why WWE insists on changing the ring names of every guy that goes through developmental.

Jon Moxley is a much better name than Dean Ambrose. We're lucky that Paul Heyman fought to keep the CM Punk name.

I understand why WWE wants a fresh start with their guys. They just need a better random name generator.

I got to see Dean Ambrose over the weekend as he worked both the RAW and Smackdown dark matches. They were both good and he got to cut an intro promo before the matches which was also good both times. Ambrose reminds me of The Miz a lot in his mic skills, but he looks less like a douche and more like a guy you wouldn't want to meet on the street.

RBH

From the latest issue of the Observer:

WWE had a business deal on 3/31 in the morning with the major execs at like 9 a.m. and brought in R-Truth and Brodus Clay to dance which must have thrilled them given that most guys were up late the night before playing video games, or whatever video games is supposed to mean. Vince talked about having Flo Rida at Mania of all things. It was described as the kool aid meeting where they kept pushing social media.

RBH

Also:

In the segment-by-segment, the Rock promo opened at a 3.6, which for the first segment after Mania is nothing that special. Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Jack Swagger lost 295,000 viewers, which is less than I’d have thought. Lord Tensai vs. Alex Riley stayed even, which to me is a big success since it was a TV squash match the type that people are scared causes people to tune out, plus it involved someone who most fans don’t know. C.M. Punk vs. Mark Henry gained 148,000 viewers which is again a poor top of the hour gain. The Sheamus/Alberto Del Rio angle lost 297,000 viewers, which isn’t too bad for that period in the show. Cody Rhodes vs. Kofi Kingston stayed even. Zack Ryder vs. The Miz lost 150,000 viewers. And the final segment, with John Cena and Brock Lesnar, gained 1,036,000 viewers to a 3.9 overrun, one of the best gain segments of the past few months.

In the segment-by-segment, Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne lost 13,000 viewers. Hulk Hogan and Dixie Carter talking on a park bench and an Austin Aries interview gained 66,000 viewers. Matt Morgan vs. Crimson lost 118,000 viewers. Jeff Jarrett vs. Mr. Anderson and the James Storm music video lost 40,000 viewers and did the low of 0.99. I expected that would happen with the music video, although top of the hour is often the highest rated point of the show. Sometimes you have to give up quarter hour ratings for starmaking or promotional purposes, and things like video packages promoting big matches, running down matches, personality profiles to get people over will lose you some viewers. The vignette with ODB and Eric Young getting married and Eric and Garett Bischoff in the ring gained 53,000 viewers. Bully Ray & Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries & James Storm lost 13,000 viewers. And the final segment where Carter and Sting talked Hogan into coming back gained 52,000 viewers and did a 1.06 quarter.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just imagine how over some of the women could be if they got actual angles and matches to work with. So many women and young girls are watching along with their male siblings/parents/spouses, wouldn't they buy an AJ t-shirt or a Naomi tank-top. Hell, half the internet smarks jerk off to AJ in her little wrestling outfit, they'll buy her shit.

Sometimes it's like WWE just refuses to make money. Maybe if the network launches and fails and all cash reserves are depleted they'll start being smarter with talent and booking.

WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan has been asked not to attend tapings of WWE RAW for the foreseeable future. WWE hopes his removal will lead to less “YES!” chants, which WWE Management feels is detrimental to the product as a whole. Bryan will still appear on WWE Smackdown, as WWE feel they can edited around any unwanted crowd reaction. Possible PPV appearances by the controversial superstar are still up in the air at the moment,

Linkified

I know how Execs think:
  • Dean - makes him sound like a Scholar(e.g. Dean of a University)
  • Ambrose - makes him sound like a God(e.g. the drink of the gods Ambrosia)

And on the flipside:
  • Jon - makes it seem he is stupid as can't probably spell the name 'John'
  • Moxley sounds like the drug Amoxicillin which makes him sound shitty

If he keeps saying "which a bad gain for that time slot" EVERY DAMN WEEK for the top of the hour segment is it really a bad gain for a segment anymore?

I swear he has been saying that they have been getting a poor gain in ratings on top of the hour for at least 6 months now..

Top Bottom