• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

"While the “YES!” chants for Daniel Bryan have gone over well with WWE officials, some in charge believe that the chants will end beginning with next week’s WWE tapings and things will go back to normal for Bryan as far as crowd reaction goes. Despite WWE expecting the chants to eventually go away, they will be releasing a new “YES” t-shirt soon. "

Kaladin

Speaking of Cody Rhodes, why is he steeling Daniel Bryan's maroon gimmick? Does he hope people will mistake him for a better wrestler?

Chopper

Are we really debating Ziggler's ability here? The dude is a fucking hero. He makes the best of whatever he's given, makes everybody around him look amazing, and is one of the most hilarious talkers on the roster. His showoff stuff is great fun

Yeah yeah, we all know he is great to watch in the ring, but what I said about the rest of him is 100% correct.

The guy does sit ups on his opponents then flicks his sweat at them.....The hell is wrong with you haters?

Things to discuss with WrassleGAF if you want a stroke:

1. Movies
2. TV shows
3. Anime
4. Dolph Ziggler

Kyoufu

Are we really debating Ziggler's ability here? The dude is a fucking hero. He makes the best of whatever he's given, makes everybody around him look amazing, and is one of the most hilarious talkers on the roster. His showoff stuff is great fun

His gimmick sucks. What do you show off exactly? Jobbing?

Don't even talk to me about the butt-cape lol...

Clegg

Maybe he can adopt a boring moveset, speak slow or be cheesy as fuck on the mic, will he win over your undeniable love?

You're also against Cody. Yeah, I'm done here.

I've already said that Ziggler is a great wrestler. I just feel that his gimmick isn't serious enough for him to have anything more than a short heavyweight title run. He's also not good enough on the mic.

I'm not against Cody either. Hes decent in the ring and talented on the mic. He needs to tweak his gimmick though.

I'd like to see them as a top guy but I can totally understand why they're not.

Kyoufu

I've already said that Ziggler is a great wrestler. I just feel that his gimmick isn't serious enough for him to have anything more than a short heavyweight title run. He's also not good enough on the mic.

I'm not against Cody either. Hes decent in the ring and talented on the mic. He needs to tweak his gimmick though.

I'm not a fan of boring, slow wrestlers either.

He is great on the mic, but guess what, he doesn't get ANY time on the mic for a reason. Vince doesn't want him over.

The guy does sit ups on his opponents then flicks his sweat at them.....The hell is wrong with you haters?

Things to discuss with WrassleGAF if you want a stroke:

1. Movies
2. TV shows
3. Anime
4. Dolph Ziggler

Fistful of Dollars is on par with Archer (the worst animated series since Bob's Burgers) Dolph Ziggler and *insert Wrecker's favorite anime here* as the worst things in media of all-time.

I don't actually mean this, I just saw a challenge.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
We should have had a feud with Dolph Ziggler vs McGillicutty as Joe Henning a long time ago.
Agreed. I'm surprised this hasn't happened.

Speaking of which, my brother thought Ziggler was actually Curt Hennig's son for the longest time. It's pretty funny now that I think about it.

Clegg

He is great on the mic, but guess what, he doesn't get ANY time on the mic for a reason. Vince doesn't want him over.

I don't think hes that good tbh. Hes entertaining in a goofy way but you need more than that to be taken seriously.

I agree that hes not being given the opportunity he deserves though. He needs the US title back.

Does anyone even remember that Santino is champion?

Kyoufu

I don't think hes that good tbh. Hes entertaining in a goofy way but you need more than that to be taken seriously. I agree that hes not being given the opportunity he deserves though.

Watch the opening segment of RAW where he is actually given mic time against Punk. Good stuff. Too bad that feud lasted like 1 month tops.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Cody Rhodes, why is he steeling Daniel Bryan's maroon gimmick? Does he hope people will mistake him for a better wrestler?

Minority opinion: I think Cody is better than Bryan.

"Crucify him" go ahead! I'm like Conan!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't think hes that good tbh. Hes entertaining in a goofy way but you need more than that to be taken seriously.
In the WWE? Since when?

Literally at what time in history has that been true?

I don't think hes that good tbh. Hes entertaining in a goofy way but you need more than that to be taken seriously. I agree that hes not being given the opportunity he deserves though.

He needs to be "more than entertaining in a goofy way" when the 3rd biggest babyface in the company is a joke wrestler who pulls a snake sock puppet out of his crotch, and the face of the company is the anti-entertainment of professional wrestling.....Uh huh.

What We've learned today: There are 2 types of people in this world. Those who like Dolph Ziggler, and those who are wrong. I'm happy that not everyone in WrassleGAF is in the 2nd group.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Until recently, I might have agreed with you on some aspects, but Bryan is showing more personality than Rhodes in his heel run.

Well, at least you see where I'm coming from.

Aiii

So not worth it
imagefbz.jpg

Oh sweet lord.

Clegg

He needs to be "more than entertaining in a goofy way" when the 3rd biggest babyface in the company is a joke wrestler who pulls a snake sock puppet out of his crotch, and the face of the company is the anti-entertainment of professional wrestling.....Uh huh.

What We've learned today: There are 2 types of people in this world. Those who like Dolph Ziggler, and those who are wrong. I'm happy that not everyone in WrassleGAF is in the 2nd group.

When have I said I disliked Ziggler? I think he has a joke of a gimmick, but I still like him.

And Santino is a comedy character anyway. Do you see him ever holding the WWE title.

Fistful of Dollars is on par with Archer (the worst animated series since Bob's Burgers) Dolph Ziggler and *insert Wrecker's favorite anime here* as the worst things in media of all-time.

I don't actually mean this, I just saw a challenge.

i really hope no one exists that believes all of the above.

Ziggles is super entertaining. he has a great gimmick and a solid look and he is starting to get over. (maybe if i say this enough it becomes true).

i think people are so used to seeing people undersell that someone who actually sells now looks to be over reacting to everything.

booooo.

and overselling is way more entertaining than underselling anyways.

When have I said I disliked Ziggler? Just because I think he has a joke of a gimmick doesn't mean I dislike him.

I wasn't serious with the second paragraph btw.

And it's not a joke gimmick. Santino is a joke gimmick. Funkasaurus is a joke gimmick. Dolph Ziggler's a show off arrogant douche who does just enough overselling comedy to be a perfect heel foil to ANY babyface, but can REALLY go in the ring so people can also take him seriously. I get that the main event on Raw is getting a bit crowded so there isn't room for him right now, but the fact that he's never been given a real run at that level is disgusting.

DMeisterJ

Banned

I can't understand how so many WrassleGAFers are wrong. Ziggler is amazing, and anyone that thinks otherwise is unworthy of being mentioned.

RBH

--Brock Lesnar is now being advertised to appear on the Extreme Rules PPV show in Chicago on 4/29.

--The new TNA TV contract with Spike TV goes through the fall of 2014, so it is a new two-year deal. There are a lot of people in TNA breathing easier, not because of any fear Spike would get rid of wrestling, but there was genuine fear they could switch their affiliation.

-A tweet from Dixie Carter indicates Jose Canseco will be on Impact tonight after Canseco teased it on twitter saying he'd like to work with Hulk Hogan. TNA has a history of spending money on celebrities and it meaning nothing for ratings and with Canseco, it's pretty much a lock this won't either. There are celebrities and then there are people the public thinks are pathetic rundown losers, for better or worse. Pathetic rundown losers only drag down your company by association, not build it up. Real celebrities if they are genuine stars can make a difference. If they are stars from 30 years ago, they usually don't hurt if they aren't considered losers.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...nars-first-wwe-ppv-canseco-to-wrestling-white

sajj316

All Dolph needs is a push, a good opponent, and some mic time. Drop Vicky. I think she steals heat from Dolph (not on purpose).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All Dolph needs is a push, a good opponent, and some mic time. Drop Vicky. I think she steals heat from Doloh (not on purpose).

He used to need it, but now he can shine on his own. Vickie is excellent at helping people get head while they find their character.

I've been playing a lot of WWE 12 lately. Game is pretty fun when you just simulate matches.

I think I'm gonna buy TEW 10 as well. Been in the armchair booker mood lately.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing a lot of WWE 12 lately. Game is pretty fun when you just simulate matches.

I hope you're ready for some serious armchairin'. I like it, but it is definitely overwhelming.

Striker

Online is full of jerks, no fun allowed. THQ still never fixed their highlight of the online, Community Creations. Server has been absolute ass since launch.

Top Bottom