• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

ZeroRay

I stopped watching before Ziggler's win and only caught the Undertaker segment afterwards.

They do this great RAW shit every year after WM to keep the smarks glued for another year. Not gonna fall for it!!

Poor Big E

kwX98V4.png

strobogo

Banned
I'm gong to lol so hard tomorrow if Dolph loses the title to HHH. It makes so much sense. Dolph wins the Smackdown title, HHH will be on Smackdown for no reason the next night. It's written in the stars!

McNei1y

Damn tonight was special. Thanks for posting the YouTube videos. It's moments like these that just can't be had anywhere else but a wrestling ring.

I'm also eating so much crow about Fandango. It's like the complete opposite of what I thought.

Edgeward

For as short of a match as it was, the 8 mixed person match was pretty thought out and had great energy. Quite a number of nice spots.

Anth0ny

so i just watched raw

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ZIGGLER DID IT I FUCKING MARKED OUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If I thought WWE were clever enough I'd be able to believe that John Cena is the most well crafted character in the history of the wrestling. He's the perfect Face and Heel at the same time. He's the face of the company, and a hero to a million of kids, while adults seemingly hate his guts.

The kids love him because he's Superman. An indestructible larger than life character that on the surface has morals and preaches about being loyal and respectful, yet... underneath all of that is a subtle heel that bullys, name calls and belittles his opponents. There's a sophisticated Troll that baits people in then destroys all hope.

Damn tonight was special. Thanks for posting the YouTube videos. It's moments like these that just can't be had anywhere else but a wrestling ring.

I'm also eating so much crow about Fandango. It's like the complete opposite of what I thought.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves with Fandango. His theme is more over right now than he is. This is his chance, though.

strobogo

Banned
I think last year was louder with the YES chants and Bork's return, but this crowd was a lot more ridiculous. Chanting Fandangos music is probably the best chant in WWE history.

Also, I'd like to see Rock's receipts because I have a hard time believing he could go on with the match throwing Cena around and bumping repeatedly on his stomach with the injury they say he has. And he wasn't selling it at all even after the match.

I just can't get over how hilarious it is that HHH called an audible with the crowd and delayed his post-WM appearance for Smackdown where they can control the reaction.

It's always around Wrestlemania time that I start start getting burned out on the product.

Then the post-WM Raw happens and my interest is reenergized for another year. It never fails.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I've spent the past couple hours since I got home reading through the pages following what GAF thought of the show tonight.

I didn't stop hearing Fandango's theme until I got on the E train. At Penn Station. In Manhattan.

Let that sink in.

I did say earlier in the weekend that I was seeing a lot of love for Fandango amidst the crowd at Axxess. Now you know.

antonz

Was such an awesome moment for Dolph. Man you can see the emotion even in Big Es face with the win when Dolph gets handed the title.

It would have been cool at Wrestlemania but I think Raw was the perfect moment for it especially the post WM raw.

Anth0ny

how the fuck does a 5 foot nothing 100 pound chick no sell a fucking 400 pound all muscle beast smoking her in the chest with his fist

AJ is pretty awesome

Just caught up on the thread... fucking reactions were hilarious. This crowd tonight was INSANE, as expected from a post Mania crowd. Those chants, and the Fandango theme song... too good.

Too bad it's back to same old little jimmy shit next week.

Ydahs

Wow.

Wrestlemania is off the bucket list. The RAW after Wrestlemania is now at the top of my list.

I guess it's all part of a package anyway. I wonder how much it costs all up travelling from Australia...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, one funny thing is that the boos for Cena basically stopped entirely for the post-show segment. Sort of a "ok, show's over, we're all bros" kind of thing. We were having too much fun, Cena was dancing and playing along, and quite honestly it was just plain work to keep up the whole booing thing throughout the main event while it was otherwise a party in the building. He also thanked us rather specifically for putting over Ziggler huge, and he left the WWE title in the ring when he left saying we earned it and said that instead of playing someone's music to usher us out they'd let us take care of it, which we did. Though a minute or two later they did also turn on Fandango's Titantron and music.

And one more thing I almost forgot. Towards the end of the show, even some of the stagehands working on swapping out the ring apron were dancing around to our rendition of Fandango's music. Everybody out there seemed to have a blast.

antonz

Something we have to remember.

We have to thank the Rock for this Episode of Raw. When he went home it forced them to rewrite the show. God only knows what we might have missed if the rock had been there etc

Slizeezyc

I do wish I could have heard HHH and Rock get boo'd and for Punk to battle against all the MARKS, but holy crap guys, what a night.

Fandango avatar gets slight edge over Ziggler avatar only because Fandango has his official in after tonight and Ziggler was already a star in the waiting. Let the record show, I was officially sold for good on Fandango after he was judging moves, but his post-death name pronunciation was too good, too.

The Road To Extreme Rules is the best road there is in WWE now, it's official.

So...heres what im hoping:

And this is partly based on both wishful thinking and his issues with cena last year (since this company is allll about long term storytelling now)

Dolph holds the belt til summerslam...

Where he takes on Cena in a unification match.

Let me dream.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder how they're going to book Dolph to be taken seriously after doing nothing buy job for the past 2 years. Or more specifically, after winning all of maybe 5 matches since winning MITB. Are we to believe that now that he has the title, he can actually win matches? I mean, he almost lost during the cash in.

On his arse after a beating from Jericho. Guy announces his name wrong, and he still manages to correct him. Good character.

I wonder how they're going to book Dolph to be taken seriously after doing nothing buy job for the past 2 years. Or more specifically, after winning all of maybe 5 matches since winning MITB. Are we to believe that now that he has the title, he can actually win matches? I mean, he almost lost during the cash in.

Wade Barrett.

:(

I think we're gonna see Miz vs. Ziggler over and over again. Miz is main eventing Wrestlemania 30.

ecurbj

These comments on YouTube:

"Big E was like why you so close bitch I told you 3 steps behind.."

"Damn, that look she gave him after he hit her...almost like she liked it and wanted to fuck him!!!"

Last nights RAW was so epic. Congratulations, Ziggles! Awesome, awesome, and awesome! Excellent stable too. AJ, Big E and him. I bet they celebrated like crazy on the bus. And I'm sure Ziggles and AJ got it in ;)

Wow, just wow.

Seriously.

I knew it was gonna be good, I was excited for Raw because of last year but man it was soooo good. :D

Dolph!!!!!! :D Finally, that guy has been busting his ass for so long its well past deserved. I'm really happy they saved it for this crowd too, as expected they were HOT AS F**K for it.

Speaking off, as usual the crowd stole the show. F**king amazing. I wish we had them every week, it brings so much interest to the show with a giant pile of people actually excited over whats happening (as long as whats happening is what they want. :p)

Sheamus vs Orton was crucified and I thank them for it. Hilarious chanting for the ref etc.

Ol' cocaine belly HHH was sooooooo smart not going out there hahaha, save it for SD where they can pipe in some you still got it BS chants. :lol

Daniel Bryan is making powerful friends. :D

We know from last year none of the excitement and good stuff will last, Raw will be back to average in no time I'm sure. But right now I'm just gonna enjoy it.

Finally good, piss off back to Hollywood Dwayne and never come back.

antonz

Hall just went in for his hip replacement surgery.

I know HTM was implying heavily about a scam but it does really seem like Hall is trying this time. I mean this is probably the longest he's been clean in years

Striker

Ziggler's appearance was pretty loud.
Ziggler's pop was really great. Felt good for him and getting a title opportunity. Now stay tuned to see how they fuck it up. :\

If they stay don't and allow him to win a couple feuds before he does, there's an awful lot of good possibilities they can throw up. Ziggler works really well with Del Rio so they can go into Extreme Rules together. There's Daniel Bryan once they have Hell No split up, and despite Sheamus always getting the victories, he and H's gym buddy still had pretty good chemistry.

Top Bottom