• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Watching that Ziggler cash-in again, it really is perfect on all fronts. Hot crowd, great commentary, and just enough back and forth to make everyone look good.

We complain a lot when WWE does something wrong, but I'll give them kudos for doing something right.

ETA: The post-match backstage interview sure felt like a "face" turn to me.

Ithil

I think Del Rio is actually quite good as a face. They've just booked him terribly and his pandering smiling and American dick riding isn't what anyone wants to see. Not really sure where you go with him now.

He started out good, he was still the same rich cocky guy, but he was mending his ways, being a buddy to Rciardo, and he had a legitimately hateable opponent in heel Big Show.

Then that ended and he just started being another happy pandering dullfest.

Also:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/wwe-chachalala-fandango-single/id614738696

Never gonna happen but I wish they release the whole RAW unedited. I get that they want to keep it a personal experience, but this was one of those nights where the party was hot all night. At least put up Orton/Sheamus in full unedited. That's when the magic really started.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also for a better Del Rio face turn, make Ricardo poor as well and accompany him. Best of friends! Ricardo is money (as in valuable to this) - he's so good and so sympathetic.

Ithil

Also for a better Del Rio face turn, make Ricardo poor as well and accompany him. Best of friends! Ricardo is money (as in valuable to this) - he's so good and so sympathetic.

It was annoying that there was no real reason for him to stop using the cars. As far as we know, he's still a rich aristocrat, so now he just randomly doesn't have anything expensive for...some reason.

Fandango's theme sounds like it came from some random licence free CD and its awesome.

Did we ever find out who his dancer lady is? I guess a actual dancer and not someone from FCW?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was annoying that there was no real reason for him to stop using the cars. As far as we know, he's still a rich aristocrat, so now he just randomly doesn't have anything expensive for...some reason.

Ultimately they just half-assed the Del Rio face turn. There were MANY things he could do to evoke sympathy and they decided not to go for it. They could have built a face that appeals to everyone.

Snaku

Banned
Re-watching the Ziggler cash-in, I love the look on Del Rio's face when he sees Ziggs coming down the aisle. It was a very sympathetic look of knowing it was coming, and accepting his fate. Very well played by Del Rio. I hope he feuds with Ziggs for a while before D-Bry steps in.

So who else has Fandango as their ring tone today. Admit it.

Ziggler. Though I did consider it.

20130408_raw_ziggler_title_large_r_2.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Okada-2_zps55171a4c.jpg

What a fantastic week.

Just watching some of the clips again--Fandango/Jericho, etc.--and you can hear the smiles in the announcer's voices through the whole show. Just makes everything so much more fun.

Ultimately they just half-assed the Del Rio face turn. There were MANY things he could do to evoke sympathy and they decided not to go for it. They could have built a face that appeals to everyone.

I think they need to look at the success with fan reactions to guys like Bryan, Ziggler, and possibly Fandango to see that people don't need to follow traditional heel or face archetypes. They just need to have well rounded, entertaining characters to appeal to people. Taking everything away from Del Rio that made him Del Rio wasn't the way to go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now all we need is Suzuki to lose and get Okada on a better feud :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry, Suzuki's not winning - Okada's got to get his win back from their match in February. I guarantee their match at Wrestling Dontaku will be all kinds of awesome though, and in no small part thanks to Suzuki, he's just so unique compared to almost everyone else on the roster.

I wish I liked Suzuki more. It's the hair though. It's just the hair. It looks so GROSS. I'm so shallow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Penis Land? I'm not alone!

Does anyone have the Suzuki slap on Okada gif?

Toki767

If you were ever curious as to what real Michael Cole laughing sounds like, you only had to watch last night's show. It didn't seem forced at all.

I just wanted to party poop a little. All those crowd reactions lately.. I think this is the worst for the WWE. Cause this is so random and changing. Typically, Fandango, who barely wrestled and had a really bad match with Jericho at Mania, is suddenly the new hot shit and will be pushed to the moon until people eventually grow bored with him.

Ryback is, let's face it, the perfect archetype of an hated wrestler with zero ring ability nor charisma.

IN those two cases, they are crazy over for a random gimmick popularity, and will disappear as fast as a meme on internet.

In the end, what last RAW showed is that the WWE totally failed at making any relevant star in the last years (Orton and Sheamus useless), and they are now totally dependent on random ponctuous fans chants.

That doesn't bode well for the product at all on the long term.

I liked both of theses guys before tonight, I have no idea the fuck you're talking about. They were simply elevated in my eyes.

Jamie OD

I regret not being able to stay in New Jersey long enough to see Raw. I knew it would be something amazing but even that smashed my expectations.

Cagey

Banned
WE WANT COULTER

Were they chanting "We want Coulter?"

Cole.

Stop calling every move a throw.

"were they chanting we want coulter?"

I AM GOING TO MURDER JERRY THE KING LAWLER

GOTDAMMIT VINCE

THIS STUPID COMPANY

WE WERE CHANTING WE WANT COLTER

I'M DONE

Re-reading the thread... we were chanting WE WANT COLTER at one point.

Colter was in the ring for two minutes that didn't air on TV, and we were quite pleased.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, Fandango/Curtis got me hyped to go to the gym today.

POWER UP!

Weird real talk involving Cena - I saw a clip of him going to the gym and he said "come on guys, you know if I can make time to go the gym, you can make time." and I was like shit, I'm lazy. So I went to the gym.

Re-reading the thread... we were chanting WE WANT COLTER at one point.

Colter was in the ring for two minutes that didn't air on TV, and we were quite pleased.

Oh shit. That wasn't on TV? That was amazing. I need to sit down and actually watch Raw later to see what made it to air and what didn't.

For what it's worth, I was behind Fandango before Raw too.

Cagey

Banned
Oh shit. That wasn't on TV? That was amazing. I need to sit down and actually watch Raw later to see what made it to air and what didn't.

He didn't do much besides stand around, taunt him a bit, stomp him a few times and then leave, but when he got tagged in the place went cray.

He didn't do much besides stand around, taunt him a bit, stomp him a few times and then leave, but when he got tagged in the place went cray.

I know. I was there. He punched him a few times and slapped him on the back of the head too. I didn't know it wasn't on air though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I know. I was there. He punched him a few times and slapped him on the back of the head too. I didn't know it wasn't on air though.

I was wondering why the hell they made it a handicap match if Colter wasn't going to do anything.

Cagey

Banned

Yeah I watched highlights last night on the DVR and was bummed. I wanted to see that happen again.

It's too bad they couldn't air Orton/Sheamus in all of its glory.

Toki767

Weird real talk involving Cena - I saw a clip of him going to the gym and he said "come on guys, you know if I can make time to go the gym, you can make time." and I was like shit, I'm lazy. So I went to the gym.

To be fair, going to the gym is part of his job.
I go 5 days a week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the slap gif. From faraway Suzuki's hair looks like an attempted "this is my brain" hairstyle and it puts me off. Maybe these two will get Suzuki over to me. I'm already tempted to cheer for him...

Top Bottom