• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus fuck America, what's going on over there?!

There's a whole world of worse shit happening, I wish people over here would do more international awareness and help abroad.

strobogo

Banned
I would guess something in the opening video talking about the patriotism and bravery of Americans. Then Cena will speak in his low voice with a clenched jaw and nod at the camera before saluting and then going back into full on dicky Cena.

Probably and it will be a good use of that type of promo. There's probably a lot of kids who may hear about this that it will help.

Yeah totally right.

They should open with cena in the ring and giving a speech.

Heck maybe RAW will be canceled?

Maybe we just get "a very special RAW".

They can't do a normal show

Aiii

So not worth it
Cancelling Raw is a bit useless, helps nobody and is basically giving into terrorists by stopping everything just because of them. It's what they want.

UberTag

Vince was the first person to hold a public sporting/entertainment event of any kind after 9/11. He's not cancelling shit.
He'll be all too happy to milk it, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the most abnormal thing you'll see tonight is a heartfelt Cena speech and maybe a splash graphic. It's bad, but it's nowhere near as bad as a lot of other things that have happened.

Out of curiosity, what did WWF do when there were the OKC bombings? 168 dead, 680+ injured - that was quite a horrible thing.

I think the most abnormal thing you'll see tonight is a heartfelt Cena speech and maybe a splash graphic. It's bad, but it's nowhere near as bad as a lot of other things that have happened.

Out of curiosity, what did WWF do when there were the OKC bombings? 168 dead, 680+ injured - that was quite a horrible thing.

That bombing happened on a Wednesday and not hours before a live TV show. Completely different situations

somedevil

Vince was the first person to hold a public sporting/entertainment event of any kind after 9/11. He's not cancelling shit.
He'll be all too happy to milk it, though.

According to Jericho in his Book it wasn't Vince idea but the Mayor of Houston to do the show to take people minds off 9/11.

edit: Only the Bruins game in Boston has been postponed.

WWE will not cancel RAW as long as they are not directly affected at very short notice.

Cole will do the regular "The people of Boston, and America as a whole, have been hit with a real life tragedy today that is still ongoing. The WWE: hopes our brand of Entertainment can take your minds of what has occurred in out country today." line when the show opens.

Have any big sporting even been events been canceled?

Any football games on or anything.

Where is RAW tonight anyway?
In Boston. They postponed the Bruins game tonight due to this. The Red Sox finished a game an hour or two before this happened and Fenway is almost two miles away from where it happened.

Kaladin

544693_10151470117689888_157551951_n.jpg

This was just posted by Heyman on Facebook.

That comic is amazing and has better writing than current WWE! I hope that's some sly internet hint at things to come, but my hope is often misplaced.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking of Rude and Austin

Ravishing Rick Rude, Ron Simmons, Stunning Steve Austin vs Ric Flair, Sting, The Boss

It's really shocking all the similarities between surfer Sting and Cena. Guy who's completely competent but not much else. Boring, predictable matches, sells well but only for like 3 seconds and constantly wins. Though Austin was beating him pretty bad during their 1v1.

Also, I love that you have to use a guy like Rude to make Flair a face in the 80s in anywhere but the Carolinas. Flair's character just didn't work as a face. Though at this time, Rude was getting so much heat that he couldn't even cut promos sometimes.

I will not hear people shitting on Surfer Sting by comparing him to modern day Cena. That's BOGUS. Surfer Sting was awesome.

strobogo curled up in a ball hugging his Surfer Sting cuddly toy thingy.

Actually, just had a look through google to find what I was looking for, and I can't see it, but some of those old action figures were really good. Wish I had kept them now.

strobogo

Banned
strobogo curled up in a ball hugging his Surfer Sting cuddly toy thingy.

Actually, just had a look through google to find what I was looking for, and I can't see it, but some of those old action figures were really good. Wish I had kept them now.

Even though I was always a WWF kid, I was always a little Stinger, more than a Hulkamaniac, or Warrior, or Kliq member.

Surfer Sting was fuckin awesome, anyone who says otherwise was a WWF mark at the time.

dude worked some fantastic matches in the early 90s.

JustinBB7

How long till Raw? I always watch it on tuesdays because it doesn't air here, don't wanna read spoilers in this thread so will avoid it when it's on haha

Even though I was always a WWF kid, I was always a little Stinger, more than a Hulkamaniac, or Warrior, or Kliq member.

Me and my mate had a big bucket full of wrestling figures. Some of them where the 'ACTION' ones, some where these horrible molded ones, but we used to have Royal Rumbles with them.

This was last week!
(I wish).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sting Theme 3 was the best, and Surfer Sting was awesome as hell. AND IT AINT BECAUSE I WAS A KID~

Anyone here really useful with Photoshop who wouldn't mind doing a little project for me? It's just putting a face on a picture, and changing the wording here and there.

Surfer Sting was the very first character I actually took notice of in wrestling. Must have been about 4 at the time and I watched WCW on Sunday afternoons primarily because of him. Then, when they stopped showing WCW over here, I found WWF and Macho Man, Jake Roberts & Roddy Piper became my favourites. I liked the Hulkster, too, but I hated the Mega Powers Collide angle, as I always thought it came off like Macho was in the right.

Professor Beef said:
Instead of Raw, I'm gonna see if The Last Samurai is on Netflix. A friend convinced me to look for it, and I've always wanted to see it.

It's not bad, if a little too over-wrought and schmaltzy in places for my tastes.

If you like it, do yourself a favour and check out the TV series Shogun (or even the book it was adapted from), as Last Samurai is pretty much based on Shogun, but lacks the same depth;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoTGQffgifo

Top Bottom