• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Razorskin

----- ------
SMH at anyone saying Cena is better than Surfer Sting.

Instead of Raw, I'm gonna see if The Last Samurai is on Netflix. A friend convinced me to look for it, and I've always wanted to see it.

It's good, eventually I'll buy netflix again just to watch the WWE stuff they put out for Canada.

jred2k

stunner-o.gif

I'm new to the gif game so that kind of sucks, but its a pretty funny stunner sequence I just came across on a Raw I was watching.

Always wondered what's the best way to make gifs. FRAPS?

I do mine like this;

1. open video in Daum PotPlayer, press alt+c and capture the section you want to gif.
2. open GIMP (with the GAP plug-in installed)
3. go to video > split video into frames > extract video range, then select the .flv file created by PotPlayer
4. check 'create only one multilayer image', click audio track down to 0 then click 'Video Range', mark the start and end of the gif and click OK
5. re-size gif, then press ctrl+shift+E to export as GIF. Check save as animation, set FPS delay between frames and check use delay for every frame (ignore that last bit if your gif already plays at the right speed) and save.

strobogo

Banned
imgflip.com is 100% better at online gif making than gifsoup, especially since gifsoup changed something recently and now all gifs are super choppy from them.

Oh, is that how people make those animated GIFs so quickly?

I can make a GIF pretty easy once I have a file to get it from. For example I can use JDownloader to get a video of Youtube and use that to make a gif in few minutes.

I have no idea how SunhiLegend can get good GIFs from something that is currently in progress. I am guessing screen capture or something like that

Oh, is that how people make those animated GIFs so quickly?

Sunhi, at least, records things in real-time and uses Photoshop on the footage. I personally use Avidemux on downloaded footage, and then Jasc Animation Shop to make the actual gif. It's pretty easy when you get the hang of it.

Kaladin

I can make a GIF pretty easy once I have a file to get it from. For example I can use JDownloader to get a video of Youtube and use that to make a gif in few minutes.

I have no idea how SunhiLegend can get good GIFs from something that is currently in progress. I am guessing screen capture or something like that

If I had to guess, he's probably using a DVR program like Windows Media and gets gifs off the file that is created as the DVR is recording.

Ripclawe

Banned
If I had to guess, he's probably using a DVR program like Windows Media and gets gifs off the file that is created as the DVR is recording.

I do the same almost, record over wintv for live shows or download video clips, convert it to an avi clip in xilisoft video convertor then use old school jasc animation shop for the gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Surfer Sting was the very first character I actually took notice of in wrestling. Must have been about 4 at the time and I watched WCW on Sunday afternoons primarily because of him. Then, when they stopped showing WCW over here, I found WWF and Macho Man, Jake Roberts & Roddy Piper became my favourites. I liked the Hulkster, too, but I hated the Mega Powers Collide angle, as I always thought it came off like Macho was in the right.

It's not bad, if a little too over-wrought and schmaltzy in places for my tastes.

If you like it, do yourself a favour and check out the TV series Shogun (or even the book it was adapted from), as Last Samurai is pretty much based on Shogun, but lacks the same depth;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoTGQffgifo

Shogun was fucking doooope. Also Toshiro Mifune is in it, and the inestimable Richard Chamberlain who is one HELL of an ac-TOR.

and Gimli.

WWE should not have Cena talk about Boston tonight. He is going to get some audible boos regardless of what he says tonight, and it will be a horrible image for them to air.

Top Bottom