• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

jmdajr

And, man-O-man, they're going to shove the popularity of Fandango's theme down our throat. Look at the viral videos, look at what's trending on twitter, etc.

I if he's still a HEEL it will add to the annoyance of the character.

But will they go with "look, everyone loves me!" or "why must they mock me!"

UberTag

You guys can go through with not watching RAW.
It's not hard. Just find something else to distract yourself with while it's on.
After a few weeks you won't even miss it.
You'll even be able to contribute to WrassleGAF while it's on without feeling the urge to tune in.

Kacho

Gold Member
Has anyone read Bob Holly's book? I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

I wonder who was the more terrifying guy in the locker room and in the ring between Layfield and Holly. lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You guys can go through with not watching RAW.
It's not hard. Just find something else to distract yourself with while it's on.
After a few weeks you won't even miss it.
You'll even be able to contribute to WrassleGAF while it's on without feeling the urge to tune in.

"contribute"

Upcoming Raw Tapings till Extreme Rules:

4/15: Greensville Sc
4/22: London England
4/29: Columbus Ohio
5/6: Roanoke Va
5/13: Tulsa OK

Other than England I wonder if any of the other crowds will be good.

I'm going to the Roanoke, VA show and have NO idea why they are coming here. It's a pretty small building (about 10,000) and while Smackdown has come here a couple times, this will be the first Raw. As for the crowd, it will SUCK. The crowd will be pure babyface lovers and play right into Vince's hands while being extremely quiet most of the night.

I just randomly remembered that one HHH/Taker match from King of the Ring 2002 earlier, it's weird, The Rock comes down halfway through the match to sit on commentary only to attack Taker at various points and i'm not even sure if there was any reason for Rock to be trying to screw over Taker outside of face/heel dynamic.
Taker wins anyway and Rock's pouting at the top of the ramp, then he runs down to the ring to hit the people's elbow on Taker, then HHH pedigrees Rock, then Taker is back up to chokeslam Trips.

It's like one big what the hell is going on moment, why was Rock there to begin with? he had like no role in the entire feud build up, he just turns up mid match to screw with Taker, am I missing something here? i'm pretty glad HHH pedigrees him, even my younger self felt that Rock aiding HHH for no reason was just wrong, coming to think of it have Rock and HHH ever been allied? enemies for life.
Coming to think of it, they clearly wanted to get the title on Rock in time to face Brock at Summerslam, so maybe this was their odd way of setting up Rock facing Taker.

jmdajr

younger self felt that Rock aiding HHH for no reason was just wrong, coming to think of it have Rock and HHH ever been allied? enemies for life.
Coming to think of it, they clearly wanted to get the title on Rock in time to face Brock at Summerslam, so maybe this was their odd way of setting up Rock facing Taker.

Don't know. They had some good matches together. Summerslam ladder match was bad ass.
Leather strap match, Ironman. Heck lots of gimmicks, but I dug em.

jred2k

Nothing beats the ridiculous Kobashi/Sasaki chop battle;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67hrSXt2zHQ

Top comment, lol; "My favourite part is the part where they chop each other"

That was brutal. I wonder what hurt more after that, their arms or their chests?

BTW, can you recommend some good Tensai matches to check out from Japan? His match with The Shield from Main Event this week really piqued my interest to see what he is capable of.

Don't know. They had some good matches together. Summerslam ladder match was bad ass.
Leather strap match, Ironman. Heck lots of gimmicks, but I dug em.

Such an underrated feud really, i'd happily take Rock vs HHH at WM30 if WWE go all part timer happy again, they need to face off one more time on the grandest stage of them all.
You know even with them both being present on shows over the last few years I can't remember them interacting.

jmdajr

Such an underrated feud really, i'd happily take Rock vs HHH at WM30 if WWE go all part timer happy again, they need to face off one more time on the grandest stage of them all.
You know even with them both being present on shows over the last few years I can't remember them interacting.

I'm ok with this.

I can't wait to see how they run the Fandango thing into the ground tonight. It's going to be gloriously cringeworthy.

Raw's opening theme will be replaced with the Fandango theme and video reel, we arrive on the scene with the ring crew dancing to it while the commentary team are do-do-doing away before they announce themselves...except JBL who simply glares with a look of disgust.

jmdajr

2013-04-12-fandangoing.jpg

Someone here did in fact say it was their ringtone.

Nothing wrong with that of course!

jmdajr

And I've enjoyed listening to it the past week! No shame.

Edit: it's actually quite good as a ringtone jingle because it's a generic instrumental

Yup. It really is. Makes sense.

I could have "time to play the game" on there, but outside HHH calling me, there is no point really.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bootaaay I have a unique situation that I hope you can help with. You're the encyclopedia and a connoisseur of fine matches but here's my dilemma.

I have a friend who sometimes watches WWE and thinks it sucks. They're not a fan of monsters in the matches - but aren't completely enamored with high flyers either.

I have two hours to convince my friend to watch NJPW. What would you choose to fill that two hours?

Accessibility, easy transition from WWE style, and quality wrestling. These are the points I want to hit.

I sort of feel like Fandango himself is no more or less over than he was last week, but is instead been gifted an opportunity to get over in a way that no victory over Jericho ever could have done. I feel like Curtis is weird and clever enough to make it work but they need to give him the breathing room to run with it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I sort of feel like Fandango himself is no more or less over than he was last week, but is instead been gifted an opportunity to get over in a way that no victory over Jericho ever could have done. I feel like Curtis is weird and clever enough to make it work but they need to give him the breathing room to run with it.

Yeah, I think this is about right. He's not really any more over right now, BUT he does have the eyes of the crowd on him now in a way that he didn't before, even at Wrestlemania. Basically he's been gifted an opportunity to either become a star or totally blow it.

Assuming, of course, that creative doesn't blow it for him before he even gets the chance.

Top Bottom