• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Everyone should follow Big E and Regal on Twitter, hilarious and often informative respectfully. I can't follow just to follow, I need to gain something if I'm going to take the time to go through the list of tweets. Most celebrities don't provide that, I'm hoping all of you do.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm playing King of Colosseum II and loving it, but I have this constant thought in my head; I can't believe it plays so much better than WWE 13.

In Jack Swagger's America, none of this shit would be happening :mad:

Because everyone got high?

jred2k

Someone from GAF should start up a iLikeGirlsDaily account, but just with pictures of female wrestlers. It could be a phenomenon.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm playing King of Colosseum II and loving it, but I have this constant thought in my head; I can't believe it plays so much better than WWE 13.

Kofi Kingston would be about Jack Swagger's America lifestyle instead of Jamaica

Play ASPW3 if you get the chance. While I believe KoC2 is better, ASPW3 is no slouch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF's SUPERCARD is scheduled for Monday Night riiiight after RAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Lots of care and love has been put into this show, so make sure you attend! We will be streaming and offer the link up when it's time!

Here's the current card:

Zandig w/Bootaaay as manager vs Heavy
Jaekwon15 vs Carnby in a Loser Leaves Forever Match
McNei1y and Perspicacity vs Shark Johnson and B-Arthur in a Professor Beef Memorial Match for the GWF Frenemy Titles
Mr. Sandman vs ??? in a Dragonzord Memorial Match One on One Arena Brawl
Laserfrog and Bootaaay vs Lou Thesz and Stan Hansen in a Folding Space And Time Match
Soulplaya vs Kane in a HELL IN A CELL Match

Also there will be surprises, cameos, ghosts, AND what is being called a "Glimpse Into the Future"!

Be there!

strobogo

Banned
I really want to see if Zeb will get to use this as proof that he's right. I don't really remember Muhammad Hassan full on using 9/11 for heel heat, but I just wonder if Vince has the balls for the backlash (and publicity) it would get him.

Lots of care and love has been put into this show, so make sure you attend! We will be streaming and offer the link up when it's time!

Here's the current card:

McNei1y and Perspicacity vs Shark Johnson and B-Arthur in a Professor Beef Memorial Match for the GWF Frenemy Titles
Laserfrog and Bootaaay vs Lou Thesz and Stan Hansen in a Folding Space And Time Match

Also there will be surprises, cameos, ghosts, AND what is being called a "Glimpse Into the Future"!

Be there!

!!!!!!!!!

Fire Pro Returns coming to PS3.

Status of Tuesday night: THE NIGHT

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McNei1y

Here's the current card:

Be there!

I'll be there!

JustinBB7

I really want to see if Zeb will get to use this as proof that he's right. I don't really remember Muhammad Hassan full on using 9/11 for heel heat, but I just wonder if Vince has the balls for the backlash (and publicity) it would get him.

It's already been recorded before it came out who did it. So it wouldn't be smart to start blaming outsiders if it might be an "insider" in the end.

he won't

jred2k

OMG I'm not a junior anymore... Someone hit me with a "yes" gif!

daniel-bryan-no-o.gif

Here's the current card:

Be there!

Shark Jobson and B(itch slapped)-Arthur? Sounds easy enough for the Heritage Wrestling Heritage Fighting Heritage Tag-Team Heritage Stampede Champion Heritage Heritage Heritage Champion Champion Champions

gurudyne

Hell goddamn no. If it had been a failed attack, then maybe. As it stands now, it's too soon, too close to home for the company and its top star and too many people have died in ways that were designed to be cruel for anyone to do anything but demand blood through (admittedly doomed) litigation if they tried this story.

Kaladin

Here's the current card:

Be there!

I'll take a mystery opponent, but arena brawls are kind of boring with AI and don't use the full movesets.

Classic Match of the Day;

The Great Muta (c) vs Masahiro Chono (c) - IWGP & NWA World Heavyweight Titles Match - (NJPW 01/04/93)

One of the best early 90's heavyweight bouts from Japan here as The Great Muta & Masahiro Chono face off in a HUGE title vs title match. The story of Mutoh & Chono's rivalry thus far has seen Chono come out on top, defeating Mutoh in the finals of the '91 G1 Climax with his powerbomb and then in the '92 G1 Climax semi-finals defeating Mutoh again with the STF, winning the vacant NWA World Heavyweight Title in the process. Of the two friends and rivals, it was safe to say that Chono was decidedly the more successful of the two at this point in time. Yet just four days later, Mutoh would reappear as The Great Muta and defeat the legendary Riki Choshu to win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, the grandest prize in New Japan. It was obvious that a confrontation was brewing and at the 1993 'Fantastic Story in Tokyo Dome' show the former tag partners faced off and a double champion was crowned. The match itself is excellent stuff, with a whole bunch of nods to previous matches. For instance; Muta goes for a spiked tool from under the ring early on (which plays off his IWGP title defence against Hiroshi Hase a month earlier, where Hase used the same tool on Muta and the Muta scale was born), only to throw it away, as if he had to remind himself that, despite his frustration, Chono is his friend & rival, not his enemy. Also, Chono is insistent on trying to put Muta away with the leaping shoulder tackle from the top rope, as that's what he used to defeat Rick Rude in the G1 '92 final and he's certain that it'll finish off Muta too, perhaps a little too certain. Ultimately, that's what the match is about - Chono's been on the path to success for the past three years, yet despite besting Mutoh at every opportunity, Mutoh beat him to the top prize and now, with perhaps more than a little bit of wounded pride, Chono is out to defeat Mutoh once more and claim his place at the top of the Japanese wrestling world. However, Chono finds out that wrestling The Great Muta and wrestling Keiji Mutoh are not the same thing at all.

ibrxCuBCbHiAxN.gif

I do mine like this;

1. open video in Daum PotPlayer, press alt+c and capture the section you want to gif.
2. open GIMP (with the GAP plug-in installed)
3. go to video > split video into frames > extract video range, then select the .flv file created by PotPlayer
4. check 'create only one multilayer image', click audio track down to 0 then click 'Video Range', mark the start and end of the gif and click OK
5. re-size gif, then press ctrl+shift+E to export as GIF. Check save as animation, set FPS delay between frames and check use delay for every frame (ignore that last bit if your gif already plays at the right speed) and save.

Thank you, this seemed to work OK for my first attempt. Just need to gain a better understanding of which settings are best to maintain the 'true' speed of the image captured. Image quality has sort of dropped too, might need to crop it smaller.

For someone reason I can't upload the gif to photobucket.

For someone reason I can't upload the gif to photobucket.

Photobucket is ass, it has a 2mb limit on gifs and scales them down to fit - use abload.de, min.us or phota.me

Mr. Luchador said:
Just need to gain a better understanding of which settings are best to maintain the 'true' speed of the image captured.

I just make sure to click the 'keep exact timing' on the video range window, then mess around with the frame delay when saving to get the right speed.

Photobucket is ass, it has a 2mb limit on gifs and scales them down to fit - use abload.de, min.us or phota.me

I just make sure to click the 'keep exact timing' on the video range window, then mess around with the frame delay when saving to get the right speed.

Yeah abload.de worked.

Haas Brothers v Reno & Johnny The Bull - HWA September 2001
hwahaasbrotherstdrmj.gif

What is the obsession with that gif of Cena's bobbing man-ass?

Haas Brothers v Reno & Johnny The Bull - HWA September 2001

Nice, Russ & Charlie were so damn good back in the day, real shame what happened to Russ as the Haas Brothers could definitely have gone far.

Also, I find the sweet spot for frame delay is about 25-30 (unless you wanted it slower, of course);

ibrduVCU9Umc1Z.gif

you're on a roll Bootaaay, another great match.

It's easy when you've got a bunch of early 90's NJPW, Muta was amazing back then.

Nice, Russ & Charlie were so damn good back in the day, real shame what happened to Russ as the Haas Brothers could definitely have gone far.

Also, I find the sweet spot for frame delay is about 25-30 (unless you wanted it slower, of course);

Ah, nice I'll try that setting in the future as that looks great! Yes, that's perfect, thank you.

- On the current WWE European tour, current NXT Diva talent, Summer Rae, is playing Fandango's dancer. Rae has been signed with WWE's developmental program since late 2011.

Here is the complete listing for the WWE's War Games: WCW's Most Notorious Matches DVD & Blu-ray…

Disc 1
War Games Match
The Super Powers (Dusty Rhodes, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff & Paul Ellering) vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard & J.J. Dillon)
Great American Bash – Atlanta, GA • July 4, 1987

Great American Bash On Tour

War Games Match
Dusty Rhodes, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff & Paul Ellering vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard) & The War Machine
Great American Bash – Miami, FL • July 31, 1987

A Different Type of Animal

Tower of Doom Match
The Road Warriors, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, Ron Garvin & Jimmy Garvin vs. Kevin Sullivan, Mike Rotunda, Al Perez, Russian Assassin & Ivan Koloff
Great American Bash • July 10, 1988

Brutality

War Games Match
Dusty Rhodes, Lex Luger, Nikita Koloff, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams & Paul Ellering vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard & J.J. Dillon)
Great American Bash Tour – Greensboro, NC • July 16, 1988

Live Events

War Games Match
The Road Warriors, The Midnight Express & "Dr. Death" Steve Williams vs. The Fabulous Freebirds & The Samoan Swat Team
Great American Bash • July 23, 1989

Disc 2
Getting Replaced

War Games Match
The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Sid Vicious, Barry Windham & Larry Zbyszko) vs. Sting, Brian Pillman, & The Steiner Brothers
WCW WrestleWar • February 24, 1991

Talent Change

War Games Match
Sting's Squadron (Sting, Nikita Koloff, Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat & Barry Windham) vs. The Dangerous Alliance (Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Steve Austin, Larry Zbyszko & Rick Rude)
WCW WrestleWar • May 17, 1992

The Almighty Dollar

War Games Match
Sting, Davey Boy Smith, Dustin Rhodes & The Shockmaster vs. Sid Vicious, Vader & Harlem Heat
WCW Fall Brawl • September 19, 1993

A Really Special Night

War Games Match
Dusty Rhodes, Dustin Rhodes & The Nasty Boys vs. Terry Funk, Arn Anderson, Bunkhouse Buck & Colonel Robert Parker
WCW Fall Brawl • September 18, 1994

Disc 3
Pride in Their Product

War Games Match
The Hulkamaniacs (Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Lex Luger & Sting) vs. The Dungeon of Doom (Kamala the Ugandan Giant, The Zodiac, The Shark & Meng)
WCW Fall Brawl • September 17, 1995

Glimmer of a Fire

War Games Match
Team nWo ("Hollywood" Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & A Mystery Partner) vs. Team WCW (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger & Sting)
WCW Fall Brawl • September 15, 1996

Pulling Out Every Stop

War Games Match
Team nWo (Kevin Nash, Buff Bagwell, Syxx & Konnan) vs. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Steve McMichael, Chris Benoit & Curt Hennig)
WCW Fall Brawl • September 14, 1997

The Talent Made The War Games

War Games Match
Team WCW (Diamond Dallas Page, Roddy Piper & The Warrior) vs. Team Hollywood ("Hollywood" Hulk Hogan, Stevie Ray & Bret Hart) vs. Team Wolfpac (Kevin Nash, Sting & Lex Luger)
WCW Fall Brawl • September 13, 1998

The End of the War Games

War Games 2000 Match
Sting, Booker T, Goldberg & KroniK vs. Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner & The Harris Brothers
WCW Monday Nitro • September 4, 2000

The Main Event

Blu-ray Exclusives
Rage in the Cage Match
Brian Lee, Jimmy Golden, Ricky Morton, Robert Fuller & Robert Gibson vs. Kevin Sullivan, Killer Kyle, The Tazmaniac , Stan Lane & Tom Prichard
Smoky Mountain Wrestling: Volunteer Slam II • May 9, 1993

Ultimate Jeopardy Steel Cage Match
Tommy Dreamer, Public Enemy & The Pitbulls vs. Raven, Stevie Richards, The Eliminators & The Heavenly Bodies
ECW December to Dismember • December 9, 1995

Ultimate Jeopardy Steel Cage Match
Buh Buh Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley & Mustafa Saed vs. New Jack, Axl Rotten & Balls Mahoney
ECW CyberSlam • April 3, 1999

War Games Fantasy Booking with Dusty Rhodes

Kaladin

I'm buying that War Games blu-ray....fuck yes.

Though I wish they had more of the build to the matches, or at least a video package.

Top Bottom