• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

somedevil

IMO, they need to kill the 4 PPV per year idea. It's good on paper, but long stretches of TV with nothing big to build to probably costs them viewers.

Funny thing is with those pay per view builds only 10,000 people bought it. I just don't know will get the impact ratings up. Luckily for them spiketv only has one other show that appears on the top 100 and thats bar rescue. Bar resuce actally gets more 18-49 viewers than impact wresting. Though impact gets more overall viewers.

Kaladin

Funny thing is with those pay per view builds only 10,000 people bought it. I just don't know will get the impact ratings up. Luckily for them spiketv only has one other show that appears on the top 100 and thats bar rescue. Bar resuce actally gets more 18-49 viewers than impact wresting. Though impact gets more overall viewers.

TNA is probably happy being on a failing network that is happy with their own low performance.

im0dESDY59SMb.gif
Better gimmick than Fandango, obviously.

Ithil

Well, I just got back from the RAW World Tour house show. Awesome show, though sadly I did not get Bryan vs Ziggler solo. We had a hot crowd that made a big reaction for pretty much everyone, but even though I was third row, unfortunately I was at a corner so I had a spotlight straight in my face during entrances and didn't have as clear a view as last time. Also I had a kid with his loud grandma (!) behind me, the granny did not have the slightest clue about anything wrestling, seemed hard of hearing, and had a horrendous smoker's voice. But right behind them again was a group of smarks so it worked out.

There was a Twitter vote at the start of whether to allow AJ to stay ringside for the Tag Title match. Heel or not, she was voted to stay in a landslide (like 85-15).

Card was:

R-Truth vs Heath Slater - Quick opener, R-Truth was super over for some reason. Truth won with his "Rock Bottom Yourself" finisher. Slater's hair is fabulous live. No Drew or Jinder though.

Antonio Cesaro vs Zack Ryder
- I was hyped to see Cesaro big time, and he actually WON, with the Neutralizer. Cesaro's a great heel with the crowd, he was messing with them throughout the match. He also came out wearing his red jacket, a beret tilted to the side, and sunglasses, with NO YODELLING, thank fuck.
Kaitlyn vs Tamina Snuka for the Divas title
- Tamina was probably the only fairly dead crowd reaction when she came out, but there were healthy boos thanks to Kaitlyn being over. Easily as long as the first men's matches, Kaitlyn won with a wicked spear.
Team Hell No vs Team Rocket (Ziggler & Big E plus AJ) for the Tag Team titles
- Probably the match of the night, while I was disappointed in no Bryan/Ziggler singles, this one went a good 15-20 minutes it felt like. Great interactions and interplay between both teams, Bryan and AJ got into a shouting off, Bryan was imitating Ziggler's strutting and posing (Bryan is MEGA over, too, probably the most universally popular guy of the night, and he was the best all night at playing to the crowd). Hell No won after Ziggler accidentally superkicked Big E, and got hit with the chokeslam/flying headbutt combo. After the match Bryan and Kane did their schtick with the title belts, with Bryan on the mic demanding his belt and doing the bullfighting gag. They eventually hugged it out to great cheers. AJ is smoking hot in person, by the way (though I knew that from the last house show)

-intermission-

Rhodes Scholars and the Bellas vs Tons of Funk and the Funkadactyls
- Pretty much the same deal as their TV match, but twice as long. There was a group of girls a bit behind me that were super into Cody, whenever he was in the ring he'd stop and yell things at them while they chanted. Tensai got the pin on Cody after his senton. While they were all dancing in the ring, there was a funny bit in the background where the Bellas and Sandow carrying a completely limp Cody between them to exit.
William Regal vs Michael McGillicutty
Man, this was a pleasant surprise, Regal got the second biggest (non-mixed) pop of the night. He's as awesome as ever, ha a fun match with SHAH. As the match was starting, he went got a mic to say "Are you cheering just because I'm old? Last time I was here you booed the heck out of me!" to a big laugh. He got REGAL chants nonstop throughout the match and won with the knee trembler. Probably my second favourite match thanks to Regal.
John Cena vs Ryback for the WWE title in a Tables Match
Shit loads of kids in the audience, but equal number of adults to boo, so Cena had his usual mixed reaction, though a big one. Ryback, heel or not, was damned popular, only some of the Cena kids were booing him, everyone else (including me, it was Ryback or Cena, I'm picking Ryback) was super into him, and he came out way more impressive this time than last time i saw him. Ryback demolished two tables while throwing the steel stairs at Cena at different points (including one set up in the corner right in front of me, that table fucking exploded). Cena won after putting Ryback through the third table with the AA.

I was sad to see no Fandango and no Shield, I heard people doing Fandango's theme at a few points, but the rest of the card was great. I'll check the photos I took tomorrow, if there's any decent ones I'll drop them here.

McNei1y

I had a nightmare when I took a nap guys. Cena was booked in a match against Kane for the WWE belt. The match was a no DQ match and The Shield interrupted. Undertaker came out as well. So did Daniel Bryan... Somehow, my dream ended with Cena and Undertaker chokeslamming all of The Shield, Daniel Bryan, and Kane (for some reason). It was horrible!

Looking at NXT this week...

I have decided that the people to finally beat The Shield should be another group of new people brought up from NXT

Possibly The Wyatt Family

Haven't read the spoilers, was this SD worth watching? Please quote me if so and I'll check the reply in the control panel thing. Dont wanna scroll by spoilers

UberTag

I had a nightmare when I took a nap guys. Cena was booked in a match against Kane for the WWE belt. The match was a no DQ match and The Shield interrupted. Undertaker came out as well. So did Daniel Bryan... Somehow, my dream ended with Cena and Undertaker chokeslamming all of The Shield, Daniel Bryan, and Kane (for some reason). It was horrible!
You woke up before the best part. That's when Taker salutes Cena while walking up the ramp and then holds up his arm in victory and points to him while bowing his head humbly and then leaving for the back so Cena can soak in all of his deserved cheers.

bigosc2k

Banned

You just gave WWE it's next storyline good job!

Huh, did the Shine 9 stream just die for anyone else? I can't access it on WWNlive either. They were still setting up the cage I think.

Edit: Never mind, it just showed up again after reloading about a hundred times.

Top Bottom