• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

This was a thing? Really?

2L5ji.gif

Alucard

Banned
I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if Ryback won the title at Extreme Rules. It would give the entire WWE a huge shot in the arm. Ryback's lost way too many PPV matches at this point. Don't want to see Cena crush him. I'm sure it won't be a clean finish one way or the other anyway.

Anth0ny

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if Ryback won the title at Extreme Rules. It would give the entire WWE a huge shot in the arm. Ryback's lost way too many PPV matches at this point. Don't want to see Cena crush him. I'm sure it won't be a clean finish one way or the other anyway.

You make a very logical argument for Ryback winning at Extreme Rules.

Cena is winning clean

Come on now, don't go trying to fool yourself into believing something that you know won't happen. Cena isn't dropping that belt until at least Summerslam.

Gonna watch the NJPW vs AJPW show from 2001. Apparently this is one of the stiffest events ever. Can't wait.

That show is pretty amazing from top to bottom - Tenryu vs Mutoh in the main event is FANTASTIC! Tenryu wrestles like he's young again, rather than like a grumpy 50 year old who doesn't want to do much. It's not like Mutoh was in great shape at this point either, but they both just utterly bring it. I'm pretty sure it won MOTY in Japan that year. That show also has Kawada & Tenzan beating the piss out of each other, iirc.

KissVibes

Banned
Cena will only drop the title when a returning CM Punk screws him during a match with Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar faces The Rock at WM30 for the WWE title. Cena fight and BEATS The Undertaker, and CM Punk runs the smoke machine or something with Ryder and JTG.

Documentary from VICE on British wrestling;

The British Wrestler - VICE

"VICE looks at the UK's underground wrestling scene, from the community centres of Plymouth to the streets of Glasgow. A far cry from the now faded memories of terrestrial TV's World Of Sport and even further from the glitz and glamour of the stateside WWE, Brits across the country have been escaping the banality of their everyday lives by moonlighting as pro-wrestlers in the largely unheard scene of today."

Thankfully it has subtitles, can't understand a fucking word Grado says, lol.

Nebula

"VICE looks at the UK's underground wrestling scene, from the community centres of Plymouth to the streets of Glasgow. A far cry from the now faded memories of terrestrial TV's World Of Sport and even further from the glitz and glamour of the stateside WWE, Brits across the country have been escaping the banality of their everyday lives by moonlighting as pro-wrestlers in the largely unheard scene of today."

Posted this myself a while back. I thought it was pretty good. I also found some british wrestling on TV the other night but can't remember the channel or brand to save my life.

Maybe it was all a dream.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

I've finally gotten to the point where I just don't want to see these documentaries any more. I'm all for more showcasing of wrestling on television of course, but how many of these are actually helping any of the wrestlers look good or to garner interest in those who (as it was promoted) just remember World of Sport? How is it helping any more when it's constantly presented as guys we should feel sorry for or just won't like (the neds) even for those like me who do love wrestling in Britain?

I really wish BWC British Wrestling Round-up takes off or some network like DAVE rips off the idea. Hell, I would even settle for another reality television show if it was like Boot Camp (just longer) or Wrestling Road Diaries.

I've finally gotten to the point where I just don't want to see these documentaries any more. I'm all for more showcasing of wrestling on television of course, but how many of these are actually helping any of the wrestlers look good or to garner interest in those who (as it was promoted) just remember World of Sport? How is it helping any more when it's constantly presented as guys we should feel sorry for or just won't like (the neds) even for those like me who do love wrestling in Britain?

I agree that a lot of these recent documentaries haven't presented British wrestling in the best light, especially to fans of the old World of Sports era that bears little similarity to the wrestling of today in presentation or in-ring style, but I found it entertaining nonetheless - that Grado is a real character and I enjoy seeing a guy like that with a passion for wrestling trying to make it. That being said, it would be nice to see a documentary focussed on some of the bigger promotions, or more well known wrestlers. Someone should make one about Zack Sabre Jr and his travels around Europe and to Japan for Pro-Wrestling NOAH.

Nebula said:
I also found some british wrestling on TV the other night but can't remember the channel or brand to save my life.

Maybe it was all a dream.

That was most likely the BWC Wrestling Roundup, which just started last Sunday on Challenge;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVm17g1UvU0

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of documentaries, I am 45 mins into the Mick Foley doc and it's great so far. I love these new docs WWE makes on their legends. Great stuff.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm sorry, did someone just hate on the Shield and praise Aces and Eights a page ago?

And is that person still high as shit?

KenOD

I would love it if Irish Whip Wrestling could step up and get another deal with a company to produce a series of television shows or a line of documentaries, even a side project for WWE like they once had with ECW or TNA with Ring Ka King would be something. Their show on The Wrestling Channel was decent enough, but never had a chance with such a dedicated channel.

Right now they have a lot of events they set up yearly and sell out often enough, numerous tours across Ireland, often enough get talent already from North America or continental Europe (it's how I discovered Portia Perez), and it's never a surprise when someone is given a try out for WWE or TNA or NOAH. If anyone could pull it off right now, it's them.

Jezbollah

It's kind of surreal watching those documentaries, when I went to a few WWF/WCW events in 92/93 with a high school friend, and he became a pro-wrestler. (Jonny Storm).

The actual Cena match is against the CM Punk record of days with the champion Belt.

Wait for 500 days for a minimal posibbility of dropping the belt.

Jamie OD

Jonny Storm. Does he go by the nickname "The Human Torch"?

He was "The Wonderkid" but I think one of his moves was called the Fantastic Four. He put you in a headlock, grabbed one of his own feet and bashed it into the opponent's head 3 or 4 times before doing a Bulldog.

Sephzilla

Do you see my avatar?

Don't bet against Cena.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Twitter, I had to do the unthinkable

I unfollowed Batista.

There's no reason for 50+ RTs of people begging for RTs. When Bats learns to use social media correctly I'll be back. It stings.

KenOD

@KennethOD for my casual account. I mostly just have it to follow other people.

Also curse you Mr. Luchador, now I want Greggs pasty, but I can't since I'm half the bloody world away from one.

@KennethOD for my casual account. I mostly just have it to follow other people.

Also curse you Mr. Luchador, now I want Greggs pasty, but I can't since I'm half the bloody world away from one.

PAC will Pele kick one your way soon!

Hoping to have my first blog post up tonight, and it's recapping... Heartland Wrestling Association from September 2001!

Aiii

So not worth it

I unfollowed Batista.

There's no reason for 50+ RTs of people begging for RTs. When Bats learns to use social media correctly I'll be back. It stings.

You sir, are the worst mark of all marks. You are now officially out of the Marks Club. You shame us all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You sir, are the worst mark of all marks. You are now officially out of the Marks Club. You shame us all.

Just can't do it. Still following Strongman though.

I'm @Sunflower4000 so there you go.

Come on Wrassle-GAF what's your twitters/touters, etc.

Blogger - http://digitialageofwrestling.blogspot.co.uk/
Tout: https://www.tout.com/u/mrluchador
Twitch.tv - http://www.twitch.tv/mrluchador/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MrLuchador
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLuchadorTV

Cliff Compton can't be wrong!

Time to populate.
Twitter - www.twitter.com/SpeedyBlueDude

Only Wrestlers I follow are Shawn Michaels and The Miz. I'll follow you and Spindashing.

DiscoJon

Banned
I don't post very much. But after reading all the Boston bombing threads in OT I think I want to just stick with posting in Wrasslegaf once in a while.

McNei1y

I unfollowed Batista.

I'm going to tweet Batista for a RT and let him know what you have done.

Top Bottom