• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Sephzilla

Just like Cena's heel turn, it's a very slim possibility (like, 1% chance), so I won't be expecting it, but it will be nice if it does happen.

21-0 sounds worse than 20-0, 20-1 would be preferable. He'll always have the 20 streak, after all.

I think they're just trying to get the streak to live until Wrestlemania 30, where he can safely retire on one of the big "anniversary" Manias

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cena will remain a face, Punk will lose via pinfall/submission. Anyone wants to bet against that, let me know.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's the WWE. It's...

RGh2ywh.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena will remain a face, Punk will lose via pinfall/submission. Anyone wants to bet against that, let me know.

Regardless, something needs to happen to SWERVE us.

So that means one of these logically will actually happen:
1. Dolph cashes in his briefcase succesfully.
2. Brock legit retires Triple H.
3. Punk beats Taker.
4. Rock beats Cena again or Cena wins by turning Heel.

I don't believe for a second they'll go with the logical predicted outcome for all of these, that would be very un-WWE-like.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dolph will NOT cash in and win at Mania. Add that to the Bet List.

Dthomp

Trish Stratus vs. Stephanie McMahon -- WWF No Way Out 2001

I remember thinking this match was going to be horrible, but they beat the shit out of each other. Also, Stephanie randomly tries to rip Trish's clothes off, which is always a plus.

So this makes me wonder why the WWE has not yet done a Trish Stratus DVD? Lots of great matches, gimmicks, and feuds. I mean honestly I'd rather have a good Trish one over another HHH one. Make this happen E'

Aiii

So not worth it
Dolph will NOT cash in and win at Mania. Add that to the Bet List.

agreed, they're
already advertising
Del Rio vs. Swagger Title Matches for the European Smackdown WrestleMania Revenge Tour, while AJ and Ziggler are advertised for Raw shows. Which is fine by me, since I'm going to the Raw tour and I already missed out on them last year when I went to the Smackdown one

Sephzilla

By the way, did they quietly change the stipulations for the HHH/Brock match to include HHH's COO position? Durying Heyman's speech he also mentioned HHH disappointing the board of directors since he couldn't fulfill his position as COO

Aiii

So not worth it
By the way, did they quietly change the stipulations for the HHH/Brock match to include HHH's COO position? Durying Heyman's speech he also mentioned HHH disappointing the board of directors since he couldn't fulfill his position as COO

No, he did a promo on Smackdown (Heyman did), which was amazing in which he explained that Triple H will start growing more and more resenting of current wrestlers when he has to watch them from his COO position without being able to wrestle himself, thus consuming himself in hatred and being unable to do his job after that, ruining his life.

It's a great promo, try and find it and check it out.

Sephzilla

No, he did a promo on Smackdown (Heyman did), which was amazing in which he explained that Triple H will start growing more and more resenting of current wrestlers when he has to watch them from his COO position without being able to wrestle himself, thus consuming himself in hatred and being unable to do his job after that, ruining his life.

Ooooooh okay. Thanks!

Entropia

No One Remembers
agreed, they're
already advertising
Del Rio vs. Swagger Title Matches for the European Smackdown WrestleMania Revenge Tour, while AJ and Ziggler are advertised for Raw shows. Which is fine by me, since I'm going to the Raw tour and I already missed out on them last year when I went to the Smackdown one

Well, Vince like to change his mind at the drop of a hat, soooo

Ithil

agreed, they're
already advertising

I went to the RAW Live tour last November, got to see AJ actually wrestle, and in fact win the Divas title (for a moment). Fun stuff. AJ/Layla are absurdly hot in person (I was just about ringside).

jred2k

Yeah I was disappointed that didn't get some form of replay on Raw. They shouldn't let quality like that go unviewed on the B show. I was also kind of surprised there wasn't any sign of an interaction between Cena and Laurinitis. I guess that would telegraph a potential heel turn too much, but it would be even weirder if his appearance on Smackdown was just a one off.

Aiii

So not worth it
I went to the RAW Live tour last November, got to see AJ actually wrestle, and in fact win the Divas title (for a moment). Fun stuff. AJ/Layla are absurdly hot in person (I was just about ringside).

Yeah, we got Kaitlyn vs Natalya, which also wasn't bad mind you. But missing out on AJ twice would break my spirit. It's not like we get that many chances on seeing wrestlers over here.

Ithil

Yeah, we got Kaitlyn vs Natalya, which also wasn't bad mind you. But missing out on AJ twice would break my spirit. It's not like we get that many chances on seeing wrestlers over here.

Now that I've been reminded of that, I must go back and look over the pictures I got from that show (not just the Divas, the whole show). Seem to remember I got an awesome one of Sandow on the ropes.

Kaladin

The best part about the house show I went to was that they had a stipulation in the Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk match. The crowd got to vote for 2/3 falls or street fight. Well, they only really mentioned it once before the show when there weren't many people there yet and I voted for 2/3 falls which ended up being the match. The majority of the crowd boo'd it. It was great.

Kaladin

WWE® and The Rock Unveil “Rockpocalypse” Mobile Game

STAMFORD, Conn. -- WWE, in partnership with WWE Champion Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, today announced its first-ever 3D action mobile game titled WWE Presents: Rockpocalypse. The free mobile app is available for download from Apple iTunes and Google Play for use on iOS iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android devices.

“This is WWE’s first ‘action strategy’ game and we’re thrilled that WWE Champion The Rock is right at the center of it,” said Perkins Miller, Executive Vice President of Digital Media, WWE. “Our fans have come to expect compelling content from WWE on every platform and this high energy game with customizable experiences will once again deliver.”

“I am excited to partner with WWE and some of the best game developers in the world to bring something cool for fans to play,” said The Rock. "Boots to Asses style app…this will be fun!”

The game takes place on the set of a fictional Hollywood studio where The Rock is filming his latest blockbuster. Without warning, everyone around him is infected with a disease and starts changing into destructive personalities. The Rock must discover the truth behind the contagion and put an end to it. Players control The Rock as he powers through each battle, all the while looking for clues to help unravel the mystery and stop the contagion. Available in-app purchases for equipment and skills allow players to enhance their game play.

The app was built in partnership with Thruster, a division of BottleRocket.

Penguin

Today is my name day.. not sure why people started using the term but I can dig!

And also.. is it bad I kind of want to download that Rock game.. it is free

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today is my name day.. not sure why people started using the term but I can dig!

And also.. is it bad I kind of want to download that Rock game.. it is free

And they shall know the name of

PANGUIN

Here's a birthday image for you that'll make you cry, like I do:

VGuktvA.jpg

Finishing up the last two CHIKARA shows released, really enjoyed Jakob Hammermeier vs Mr. Touchdown from the Tampa show, Jakob's improving a lot and Touchdown remains awesome. The 3.0 vs Devastation Corporation tag title match was good fun, even if I'm not the biggest fan of 3.0, but I wasn't all the impressed with Kingston vs Amazing Kong. King's backfist is so bad these days and he didn't hit the Sliding D all that well here either. The reason Masato Tanaka makes it look awesome is because of his precision, with King often shows none of. Also, he wasn't at the Orlando show the next night because he got drunk and punched through a mirror, slicing up his hand.

Jakob's KO punch;

iKOlZea7ZMweH.gif

Freaky agility from the 6 foot 5 Blaster McMassive;

iBvUdZCxLtrpM.gif

*edit, happy b-day Penguin!

Entropia

No One Remembers

STAMFORD, Conn. -- WWE, in partnership with WWE Champion Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, today announced its first-ever 3D action mobile game titled WWE Presents: Rockpocalypse. The free mobile app is available for download from Apple iTunes and Google Play for use on iOS iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android devices.

“This is WWE’s first ‘action strategy’ game and we’re thrilled that WWE Champion The Rock is right at the center of it,” said Perkins Miller, Executive Vice President of Digital Media, WWE. “Our fans have come to expect compelling content from WWE on every platform and this high energy game with customizable experiences will once again deliver.”

“I am excited to partner with WWE and some of the best game developers in the world to bring something cool for fans to play,” said The Rock. "Boots to Asses style app…this will be fun!”

The game takes place on the set of a fictional Hollywood studio where The Rock is filming his latest blockbuster. Without warning, everyone around him is infected with a disease and starts changing into destructive personalities. The Rock must discover the truth behind the contagion and put an end to it. Players control The Rock as he powers through each battle, all the while looking for clues to help unravel the mystery and stop the contagion. Available in-app purchases for equipment and skills allow players to enhance their game play.

Killer app.

Kaladin

Also, he wasn't at the Orlando show the next night because he got drunk and punched through a mirror, slicing up his hand.

I had not heard that. I think everyone suspected he got injured in the match with Kong. Eddie Kingston probably won't be the champ for long if that continues.

Also, that dive Blaster McMassive did in the big main event in Orlando was awesome.

I had not heard that. I think everyone suspected he got injured in the match with Kong. Eddie Kingston probably won't be the champ for long if that continues.

Yeah, can't imagine Quack being too happy about that. Kingston mentioned it in this interview with Homicide, where Homicide's talking about how this'll apparently be his last year in wrestling;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzDP7qzWlBY (5:40 or so)

Mr. Sandman said:
Also, that dive Blaster McMassive did in the big main event in Orlando was awesome.

I haven't got round to watching the second half of that show yet, but I'll gif Blaster's dive when I do.

First of all, congrats to Aiii for the WM thread.

And now, I had insomnia, so I watched The Streak DVD on Netflix. They really open up the possibility of the streak ending after 20-0.

If it wasn't for the RAW ending last night, I would believe Punk would break the streak

Maybe it's because I just watched the promo for Austin/Rock at WrestleMania 17 and am watching that match right now on the WrestleMania stream, but I can't let go of the idea of Cena turning because he's as obsessed as Austin was.

BlazinAm

Maybe it's because I just watched the promo for Austin/Rock at WrestleMania 17 and am watching that match right now on the WrestleMania stream, but I can't let go of the idea of Cena turning because he's as obsessed as Austin was.

The problem is that is it very hard to take the Cena character very seriously. Also all the talk coming out of the dirtsheets are around how badly Cena will be booed makes me think that Cena won't turn but who knows.

I played this last night.

2/10.

Cagey

Banned
The problem is that is it very hard to take the Cena character very seriously. Also all the talk coming out of the dirtsheets are around how badly Cena will be booed makes me think that Cena won't turn but who knows.

The Cena and Rock promos both fed into and played off of the crowd hatred for Cena, which was interesting. Who knows what, if anything, will come of that, but it was certainly evident at 8pm and 10pm last night.

Sephzilla

I just don't want Cena to get a clean face win and continue his "Year of Cena" thing. In fact I think nobody wants to see a year of Cena dominance.

Y'know the one thing that might backfire about a Cena heel turn? WWE would turn him heel since he gets plenty of boos already, turning him heel might end up getting him cheered.

Pavaloo

I don't know guys. Big Jonny coming back "Cena was why I left and Cena is why I'm back," Cena breaking down for "the first time," admitting the Rock never beat Cena, Cena beat Cena, Cena's "I'll win at any cost" mentality, announcers and Cena alike gradually, finally acknowledging more and more the anti-Cena chants.. I really think he's prepping for his turn and is truly entering this match with being a heel in mind. The Rock is after all, super baby face with the crowd.

edit: Cena and Punk should be a heel mega duo/tag team, so smarks can cry.

Top Bottom