• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

I am gonna say Cenas injury is just WWE trying to stick it to Rock by being immature asshats.

"John Cena never backs away from his duties unlike some people" and so fort.

I am gonna say Cenas injury is just WWE trying to stick it to Rock by being immature asshats.

"John Cena never backs away from his duties unlike some people" and so fort.

I hadn't thought of that, but it's possible. But I mean, Rock needed surgery right? How could he have POSSIBLY wrestled?

Ondore

Achilles injury usually means out for six months.

There's a hockey player who (thanks to PEDs) came back from a 75% rupture in two and a half months.

Clearly, SuperCena can do it in two weeks.

Rock and Cena injuries are a work and they're just building to THRICE IN A LIFETIME.

He will be on his knees next time

13.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I think Shelton and RVD's stupid 'catch my foot/spin kick' moves would be one that I'd refuse to bump for. You do it in EVERY match, how is that exciting? It's so dumb and makes the opponent look like a moron.

DAWP YA CAUGHT MY FOOT OH WAIT UNPREDICTABLE KICK!
tumblr_mlpcvbjs1i1qbaep1o1_400.gif

gurudyne

This company. Hopefully wrestling in America doesn't die before Vince does, but I'm starting to worry it might.

So how many more years before Cena ends up like Dynamite Kid and what will WWE's panic button be?

Sheamus. He isn't charismatic, but as someone once pointed out, a monkey could get over with Cena's spot. After so many artificial boons, cynical pushes and forced torches, it'll start to stick for most marks.

Only other options are Orton and they won't risk him, Ziggler who is unproven and DBry. But Vince would rather chop off his own leg, fashion the femur into a knife using only his teeth, then cut off the other leg than push someone "small" and indie into the main event scene, let alone the face of the company.

strobogo

Banned
I'm thinking of switching to a strictly fruit/veggie diet. No meat, no dairy, no bread. None of that shit. Maybe rice and soy based products. The only issue I have is there aren't really groceries with good selection of produce around here. So what I will end up with is a ton of frozen veggies, apples, oranges, and bags of frozen fruit.

I look and feel like shit and eating right is what lost me most of my 20 pounds I had lost (and now gained most of it back). I'm ready to make a full lifestyle change. I can't do this shit anymore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking of switching to a strictly fruit/veggie diet. No meat, no dairy, no bread. None of that shit. Maybe rice and soy based products. The only issue I have is there aren't really groceries with good selection of produce around here. So what I will end up with is a ton of frozen veggies, apples, oranges, and bags of frozen fruit.

I look and feel like shit and eating right is what lost me most of my 20 pounds I had lost (and now gained most of it back). I'm ready to make a full lifestyle change. I can't do this shit anymore.

Make sure that's what you want though. I cut all sugars, period, out of my life and that was a huge change. Now I'm on the way to becoming a statuesque beast of a man and it all started by cutting out all sugars. Even fruits.

maxxpower

You need to eat protein, and exercise if you want to lose weight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You need to eat protein, and exercise if you want to lose weight.

I highly recommend coming to either the weight-loss thread or fitness thread Stro if you want this. Diet is 95% of your weight, and sometimes it's easier to take it one challenge at a time.

strobogo

Banned
I know. I do exercise. I regularly do pretty brutal 7 mile hikes, kettlebells, and other stuff. Although I've cut down on everything a lot and been eating fucking junk. I feel terrible when I eat all the junk I eat. I don't want it anymore.

I have always had a problem with keeping my vegetables fresh. Like, I'll buy cauliflower and broccoli, and they'll go bad in like a week and a half. That shit isn't going to work if that's all I'm eating.

I highly recommend coming to either the weight-loss thread or fitness thread Stro if you want this. Diet is 95% of your weight, and sometimes it's easier to take it one challenge at a time.

I definitely keep up with the fitness thread from time to time. What I also would like to do is to be able to catch/carry a 160ish pound dead weight person. Not for carrying dead bodies or anything, but to be able to catch/carry my grandma when she falls or passes out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know. I do exercise. I regularly do pretty brutal 7 mile hikes, kettlebells, and other stuff. Although I've cut down on everything a lot and been eating fucking junk. I feel terrible when I eat all the junk I eat. I don't want it anymore.

I have always had a problem with keeping my vegetables fresh. Like, I'll buy cauliflower and broccoli, and they'll go bad in like a week and a half. That shit isn't going to work if that's all I'm eating.

This is why you've put back on the weight. All the exercise in the world can't turn what you're eating into nothin, so it's time you adjust things.

Take stock of everything you eat, do a basic calorie count of what you're taking in each day. Find your maintenance weight, adjust...you probably know all these things anyhow.

For me, it is easiest to focus with no cheats meals, no bending the rules, no nothing. My meals are bland and on a schedule. It helps me focus by taking ALL of the joy out of eating and replacing it with routine. I'm no longer a slave to meals. It's tough in the beginning but right now I'm rollin.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Speaking of foot injuries...

I got an MRI tomorrow to see has my osteomyelitis spread further in my foot - and if I may need further amputation.

Worst case scenario is likely to be a transmetatarsal amputation. (Pro Tip - don't Google that).
Best of luck.

strobogo

Banned
ecwontnn.tumblr.com

ECW on TNN 3/17/00

The show starts with the ending of the Impact Players vs Chetti/Nova. Dawn Marie broke up a pun, which led to a YAK FIGHT with Jazz. Jazz also beat up Jason. Justin superkicked her, Chettit knocked him out of the ring, Lance superkicked Chetti, Nova got hit with a cane, and Lance rolled him up.

Highlights of Living Dangerously are shown. The main highlights were Rhino murdering Sandman's wife, Super Crazy winning the TV Championship, Impact Players regaining the tag titles, and New Jack/Grime almost dying.

via Imgflip GIF Maker

TO THE BACK. RVD cuts a promo with Fonzie and Super Crazy.

The Sandman vs Angel

Ohnyel is a bad wrestler. So is DeVito. Sandman's jeans are so baggy. He chases DeVito to the back and strolls out with a guard rail. Guard rail suplex. Sandman tries to leg drop Angel on the railng, but misses. DeVito explodes a cane on Angel's face on accident. Sandman wins with a few more cane shots.

via Imgflip GIF Maker

TO THE BACK.
Cyrus and Rhino talked about Joel and not winning the TV Championship.

Steve Corino vs New Jack

This is a New Jack match. A lot of weapons and a balcony dive onto Jack Victory. Tajiri came out, Rhino GORED Jack, and Steve Corino wins.

via Imgflip GIF Maker

TO THE BACK. Raven and Francine cut the same Raven promo he had been doing since 1995, except now he's wearing a Punisher shirt instead of a Sandman shirt.

Masato Tanaka vs Mike Awesome ECW Championship

Lol again? Whatever, there will be some good gifs probably. This is actually not that gifable for them. Raven comes out and DDT's Tanaka and the ref. Awesome Bomb to the floor. Tommy runs out and also gets DDT'd and then Awesome Bombed in the corner.

via Imgflip GIF Maker
via Imgflip GIF Maker
via Imgflip GIF Maker

These are some boring ass shows. It's far more insulting to the fans than TNN to put on sub-par shows to prove a point.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Beef's a VIP to me. He has poor taste in some games and is unnecessarily hateful to me but I value him, very high up on the list. He gives us character, and he's a heel we all can cheer for in secret.

mooooose

I would fucking DIE in laughter if Cena is injured and WWE has to panic and bring Punk back early to hold the title until Cena is healed. I don't think Punk would come back for any amount of money, not until he has a good storyline worth his time. I think he's going to be on a Shawn Michaels schedule soon.

Beef's a VIP to me. He has poor taste in some games and is unnecessarily hateful to me but I value him, very high up on the list. He gives us character, and he's a heel we all can cheer for in secret.

<3 you Sunny. I just try and target Batista to ruffle your feathers.

We also wouldn't have Brotista without Cena.

somedevil

I would fucking DIE in laughter if Cena is injured and WWE has to panic and bring Punk back early to hold the title until Cena is healed. I don't think Punk would come back for any amount of money, not until he has a good storyline worth his time. I think he's going to be on a Shawn Michaels schedule soon.

He is still signed to a contract you know so if they ask him back he has to come back. Besides he is on the break because his knee is messed up and being burnt out. No wrestling for him for six weeks and he is scheduled still to be at the May 27 Raw.

Ithil

I like how WWE really has no actual plan for Cena being injured (doesn't amtter if this one is a work or not, they still don't have one for a real injury). They just coast along with his eternal super push, simply hoping he doesn't get injured in this physically demanding sport that he wrestles in 300+ days a year.

If he had a freak accident and broke his collarbone tomorrow, they would not have any plan or contingency.

Cagey

Banned
I like how WWE really has no actual plan for Cena being injured (doesn't amtter if this one is a work or not, they still don't have one for a real injury). They just coast along with his eternal super push, simply hoping he doesn't get injured in this physically demanding sport that he wrestles in 300+ days a year.

If he had a freak accident and broke his collarbone tomorrow, they would not have any plan or contingency.

They would toss him out there at every show anyway, whether he wrestled or not. Make him BFFs with some other face they want to push, let the face protect Cena while Cena does his Cena thing every show, then the friendly protective face turns on Cena because lawl and Cena squashes him when healed #cenasmirk #thennowforever

Ithil

They would toss him out there at every show anyway, whether he wrestled or not. Make him BFFs with some other face they want to push, let the face protect Cena while Cena does his Cena thing every show, then the friendly protective face turns on Cena because lawl and Cena squashes him when healed #cenasmirk #thennowforever

What if he had a car accident and broke his neck?

He is still signed to a contract you know so if they ask him back he has to come back. Besides he is on the break because his knee is messed up and being burnt out. No wrestling for him for six weeks and he is scheduled still to be at the May 27 Raw.

The funny thing is they are going to have to flip flop on Ryback again.

Unless they bring in Punk as a face?

the top guys they have built up(lol)

1.Shield
2.Shaemus
3.Bryan(Commentators make fun of him)
4.Orton(but they wont give him a top feud anymore)

I guess HHH is just gonna have to wrestle again.

Kaladin

They have a plan now more than they have had in the past. His name is Ryback. He's still being groomed but I bet he's penciled in as the next Cena.

Top Bottom