• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Jamie OD

This is from a match where the goal was for one wrestler to protect his "castle" from another. I dont remember the exact details, but thats the context. DDT is crazy

Wrong match. This was just done to make fun of those kind of spots in hardcore matches, stuff that the Great Sasuke (who you can see beneath the table in that gif) does every now and then. It probably did inspire the castle siege matches though.

As for Kana...shes ok. The Shirai sisters however I miss terribly though. Hate what happened to Mio.

Nothing happened to Mio, unless you mean how she looks now which isn't anything different. Io was the one who was framed for drugs with NOSAWA last year.

Aiii

So not worth it
Could somebody please find this Orton picture... it's... important.

k8zW5.gif

strobogo

Banned
ECW on TNN 3/24/00

I wonder if Paul regrets phoning these shows in. And not paying people.

Joey and Joel bring out the new TV Champion, Super Crazy. He is the telenovella champion! They also bring out Tajiri. This brings out Cyrus. He decides he's going to book Tajiri vs Crazy right now for the title. He then tells Joey to shut the hell up and tells Joel to get his fat fucking ass out of the ring. Cyrus pushes Joey, which pissed him off enough to take his glasses and jacket off. Cyrus gets him to back off by claiming he'd get Joel and Joey arrested, leaving no announcers for the show, getting it canceled by THE NETWORK.

Super Crazy vs Tajiri ECW TV Championship

I'm getting sick of this match, just like Awesome/Tanaka. They definitely aren't going to top the death match a few shows back. It's one thing to do the same match on house show loops, but having the same match over and over on TV is lazy as fuck. And so far, they've pretty much had the same match at least 5 times now. So far, the only new thing I've seen is Tajiri putting Crazy's face on an open chair and kicking the chair. Double stomp through a table. Crazy comes back with a powerslam through a table in the corner. Moonsault on a table that doesn't break. The last time Crazy tried to break a table that didn't, he ended up moonaulting the leg with his face in anger. Instead, he powerbombs Tajiri through it. Title retained. Steve Corino and Jack victory run in and attack Crazy after the match. Rhino came out and hit a GORE as soon as Crazy made a come back. This brings out Sandman. Well, brings him out to the crowd to drink and sing along. Why don't guys just keep beating on whoever since Sandman is going to take at least 3 minutes before he makes it to the ring. He hits some cane shots, but is then misted and hit with a piledriver. Crazy also gets a piledriver.

via Imgflip GIF Maker
via Imgflip GIF Maker
via Imgflip GIF Maker

Balls Mahoney vs Rhino

Balls hasn't been on the shows for a while. I think Axl got fired, so Balls was left with nothing to do for a bit. Balls tries to hit Cyrus with a chair, Cornio grabs it, and Rhino hits a GORE.

EARLIER TODAY. Da Baldies confront Tommy Dreamer getting a Coke. They attack him for no reason and break two soda machines by slamming him into them and busting the lights.

Grimes vs Tommy Dreamer

Tommy and Grimes head to the penalty boxes. Can't even see most of this match since the lights reflecting off the penalty boxes make it impossible to see. And away from that, it's too dark to see. It's literally like 4 minutes of not being able to see any of the action. Grimes drops an elbow off a scaffold. The other Baldies keep getting involved. Grimes puts Tommy on a chair on the outside and tries to do a tope. Instead, he basically eliminated himself from the Royal Rumble and bounced over to the chair that Tommy was no longer on. A ladder gets involved and Dreamer fights the whole group off on his own. It goes back into the crowd where you can't see shit. Tommy drops an elbow off the scaffold from earlier, but you can't see it. Dreamer pins Grimes after Vic misses a senton on a ladder.

via Imgflip GIF Maker
via Imgflip GIF Maker

Francine, Raven, Judge Jeff Jones, Mike Awesome, and the Sinister Minister are in the ring for a promo. Francine looks even trashier dressed like Raven than she normally does. She got tired of not getting any credit and is the one responsible for Raven and Awesome taking out Dreamer. The Impact Players come out. And that's the end of the show. The Impact Players coming out to join the promo.

Did the whole Lita affair happen before or after Edge won MitB for the first time? Because I think that's probably what helped propel Edge ahead of Christian.

strobogo, I really don't know how you do it. I'd probably hate wrestling if I subjected myself to as much late WCW and dying ECW as you have.

Some of you make me feel like I'm barely a fan of This Sport™ anymore.

Aiii

So not worth it
Did the whole Lita affair happen before or after Edge won MitB for the first time? Because I think that's probably what helped propel Edge ahead of Christian.

Hardy/Edge/Lita feud was in 2005.

He did win MitB that year at WrestleMania, cashed in just after new years 2006.

TGMIII

I thought they were clearly putting Edge ahead when they had him win KoTR in 2001. That's what I remember being the start of them breaking the tag-team up.

Alrighty. Tonight is a live edition of RAW. We're still a ways from Extreme Rules though apparently so what do you guys think is up tonight?

Personally, I hope we get the tag title match established this week for Extreme Rules. Apparently they're also teasing a possible 4th member. I don't know if i like that very much as I feel the trio dynamic works so well, and having a forth throws off the balance a bit. If there has to be a 4th member, It's gotta be another NXT guy and not an established Superstar. Ohno would be a no brainer though someone like Corey Graves or Leo Kruger might do alright as well.

Jamie OD

Edge was always intened to be pushed ahead of Christian. But he was flopping as a heel until the real life reveal of his affair with Lita came out. Looking back, it's funny how much he benefited from that.

Aiii

So not worth it
Alrighty. Tonight is a live edition of RAW. We're still a ways from Extreme Rules though apparently so what do you guys think is up tonight?

Personally, I hope we get the tag title match established this week for Extreme Rules. Apparently they're also teasing a possible 4th member. I don't know if i like that very much as I feel the trio dynamic works so well, and having a forth throws off the balance a bit. If there has to be a 4th member, It's gotta be another NXT guy and not an established Superstar. Ohno would be a no brainer though someone like Corey Graves or Leo Kruger might do alright as well.

I hope they don't add a 4th member, doesn't seem needed at all. They're perfect right now, so why mess with that? Though I do feel kinda bad that Roman Reigns always runs down the steps by himself now, while Rollins and Ambrose buddy it up. I guess it's because Roman looks tougher than the two of them, but still, it's weird.

I would expect some kind of program with Big E starting up for the US title soon, maybe tonight.

Ithil

e16KjC5.gif

WByzTJw.gif

hUpR9LM.gif

KhNJYKA.gif

Old? Link to interview?

From his shoot interview for SmartMarkVideo, it's like two hours long, good stuff, he goes over his whole career (and how he got into wrestling) up to about 2009 when it was recorded. He's definitely got his head screwed on right.

KissVibes

Banned
If Cena is legit hurt, let Christian sub as face for awhile. Story was he was going to return as a face anyway and he's seasoned enough to handle that spot. Plus, it would be kinda nice if he got to hold the WWE Championship for a little bit. I'm still upset that his WHC run didn't last longer. Goddamn Orton.

He is worth more than he's been used as and it really sucks. I like Edge and all but to me, it was ALWAYS Christian and Edge. He's just more exciting to watch and plays various roles better. Plus that fucking theme is so good.

XenoRaven

Such a great match. I love the fact that 95% of all the storytelling in New Japan is done in the ring, really helps get past the language barrier.

And, yeah, join us this Friday for Wrestling Dontaku! Promises to be an even better event than Invasion Attack;

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

May 3rd - 17:00 JST | 09:00 BST | 03:00 EDT | 00:00 PDT

. Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - IWGP Heavyweight Championship
. Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Shelton Benjamin - IWGP Intercontinental Championship
. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs 'Machine Gun' Karl Anderson
. Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata
. Togi Makabe vs Yujiro Takahashi
. Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tomoaki Honma - NEVER Openweight Championship
. K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka) vs Muscle Orchestra (Strong Man & Manabu Nakanishi) - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Championship
. Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale
. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) (c) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championship
. Yuji Nagata, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Maximo vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo)
Man I would love to, and if I was still on the west coast I probably would. But I don't know if I can start watching an event like this at 3 am.

e16KjC5.gif

WByzTJw.gif

hUpR9LM.gif

KhNJYKA.gif

Old? Link to interview?
I have watched like five matches from Japan over the past year and have gotten giddy just watching the matches, with no idea what the story was or who the people were. Wrestling IS fun.

The problem is that WWE isn't fun right now. It's frustrating because it used to be fun, we want it to be fun again, and they have all the pieces in place to make it fun. They have some good things going, but then they slap us with Cena raising Rock's arm with fireworks the whole state of New Jersey can see and I'm reminded of everything that sucks about the current show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hyped as fuck for Wrestling Dontaku because this could be it to put Suzuki on my list of pals. Watching at an ungodly hour is beyond my control though so I'll have to catch it on replay. Super excited though. Kazuchika Flair is gon' win.

AND OF COURSE MUSCLE ORCHESTRA TO WIN TAG BELTS
nope

Yeah, it's pretty difficult - especially at the moment. Used to be we'd get an episode of Dramatic Fantasia each month, but since they lost their monthly TV deal and since there's been a bit of a shake-up in the puro scene, we haven't been getting anywhere near as much DDT content. I'm sure it'll come through, eventually, but we're talking months after the fact, unfortunately.

I just read JamieOD's DDT blog and hope some of this stuff eventually shows up;

http://dramaticddt.wordpress.com

I still haven't seen the last campsite pro-wrestling show, the one with El Generico :(

Depressing =/

Yeah, so damn hard to find anything. Oh well, I'm sure something will come up eventually.

strobogo

Banned
strobogo, I really don't know how you do it. I'd probably hate wrestling if I subjected myself to as much late WCW and dying ECW as you have.

Some of you make me feel like I'm barely a fan of This Sport™ anymore.

I'm getting there. These ECW shows are actually more torturous than the WCW stuff.

Striker

Day 3 of the 2013 Champion's Carnival;

AJPW, "CHAMPION CARNIVAL - DAY 3", 2013.04.21
Sanjo City Public Welfare Hall
1,200 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2m1y4

01. Shuji Kondo vs Yasufumi Nakanoue
02. Koji Kanemoto, Minoru Suzuki & SUSHI vs BURNING (Atsushi Aoki, Kotaro Suzuki & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
03. Champion Carnival - Block A: Seiya Sanada [2] vs Ryota Hama [0]
04. Takao Omori, KENSO & Hiroshi Yamato vs Last Revolution (Suwama, Joe Doering & Kaz Hayashi)
05. Champion Carnival - Block A: Masayuki Kono [2] vs Go Shiozaki [1]
06. Champion Carnival - Block B: Masakatsu Funaki [2] vs Akebono [0]
07. Champion Carnival - Block B: Jun Akiyama [2] vs KAI [2]

Day 1 & Day 2

Really enjoyed the main event, KAI looked great here and Akiyama's always awesome. Kono vs Shiozaki was a good match too, and I liked the Last Revolution 6-man tag match.

Depressing =/

Yeah, so damn hard to find anything. Oh well, I'm sure something will come up eventually.

Here's a relatively new match, actually;

HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano (c) vs Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega - K-OD Tag Title Match - (DDT 01/20/13)

I really want to see Omega vs Shigehiro Irie. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna know how the FPR tournament is going.

In GWF news, closer to season 2 I'll make an OT thread for it so as to not clog up wrasslegaf.

2 more new characters complete. Everyone existing currently is getting "time skip" apparel or entrance, and sometimes body type changes.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Off the line of DDT and the difficulty of finding it, anyone know of a way to watch any of the World Wonder Ring Stardom "seasons" or previous events? Seeing their biggest event Ryōgoku Cinderella the other day really impressed me even if it was just a weird card and I find myself wanting more yet all I seem to find is random matches here and there.

Though like WWE, I know I will have to ignore the ones that are just models and aren't that good.

I'm getting there. These ECW shows are actually more torturous than the WCW stuff.

To this day I don't know how anyone can go through most of ECW any more without a strong sense of nostalgia blinding them. Lance Storm I can appreciate a lot of his matches, maybe a few of Tajiri vs Super Crazy (they all blur together, so only a few), some of Mosco de la Merced , Chris Jericho, or the few truly great matches like Guerrero vs Malenko, but overall it's just awful.

Off the line of DDT and the difficulty of finding it, anyone know of a way to watch any of the World Wonder Ring Stardom "seasons"? Seeing their biggest event Ryōgoku Cinderella the other day really impressed me even if it was just a weird card and I find myself wanting more.

You can usually find a few Stardom shows on DVD or MP4 over at IVPvideos.com and a few pop up online occasionally, like the show ahead of their Ryogoku Cinderella event;

Stardom - The Highest, Pre-Ryogoku Cinderella - 03/17/13

In GWF news, closer to season 2 I'll make an OT thread for it so as to not clog up wrasslegaf.

2 more new characters complete. Everyone existing currently is getting "time skip" apparel or entrance, and sometimes body type changes.

Got real busy this weekend. I will simulate some matches tonight and throw em up as well.

It is KoC2 btw :)

Sokantish

When are you planning on starting up again?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got real busy this weekend. I will simulate some matches tonight and throw em up as well.

It is KoC2 btw :)

Knights of the Circle 2, got it. Whatever! GO GO DISCO INFERNO FOR CHAMPIONSHIP

If I win, you're gonna eat SO much pudding you dont even know.

When are you planning on starting up again?

"When it's ready" but my projected time is around the end of summer/early fall. Unless I get way too fucking excited with what I have and decide that now is the time. I am going to do debut trailers for new members and some old ones to build to the night of breathtaking.

Who else is hype?

51JsLOEcgJL.jpg

I am, but I know the truth

The truth that the cover looks better than the matches ever were

XenoRaven

Is there any way I can watch the entirety of Wrestling Dontaku at a time other than 3am without resorting to looking up individual matches on Daily Motion?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way I can watch the entirety of Wrestling Dontaku at a time other than 3am without resorting to looking up individual matches on Daily Motion?

Should be available on-demand after airing for...a week? I thinkkkkk? Boots would know for sure.

Novid

Banned
Wrong match. This was just done to make fun of those kind of spots in hardcore matches, stuff that the Great Sasuke (who you can see beneath the table in that gif) does every now and then. It probably did inspire the castle siege matches though.

Nothing happened to Mio, unless you mean how she looks now which isn't anything different. Io was the one who was framed for drugs with NOSAWA last year.

oh my bad.

Yeah, it'll be available VOD for a week after the event - also, if it starts 3AM your time, the VOD is usually up as soon as the show finishes, so probably about 7AM or 8AM for you.

I'll try to change my avatar back to a cat-man before then for proper character identification.

But I demand new entrance music. "2Cool instrumental" is the worst.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll try to change my avatar back to a cat-man before then for proper character identification.

But I demand new entrance music. "2Cool instrumental" is the worst.

Everyone's getting custom tunes for 2.0. And I agree, the "Bangin It" 2 Cool is far superior.

There's gonna be some BIG changes to some people. Bootaaay comes to mind. After defeating his idol, what would a man like Bootaaay do?

Nocturnowl has been training, upset at all of his previous losses. Did he finally put up the phone and ditch the brown chicken suit?

Everyone is getting custom finishers too.

Top Bottom