• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

I would totally put money into a syn Sophia wrestling game if they were to kickstart it. Loved me some WCW vs NWO Revenge back in the day.

They did? Well, fuck. Still appreciate that they bothered to localize FPWR and the awesome GBA Fire Pro games.

Yeah, same here - I really enjoyed those GBA games. They were probably my most played games on the system, which is saying something when you consider how good the GBA library was.

Spike merged with Chun-soft, but they don't seem to be doing much other than making those weird Visual Novel games that are big in Japan. Meh.

Watching the Best of Raw and Smackdown 2012 DVD and wow I had forgotten how bad Cena reacts towards Ryder getting choke slammed onto a crash pad.

I'm just like is he for real? Is this honestly how ROBOT CENA shows emotion? Weird facials looking around with occasional awkward hand placements for 'dramatic affect'. Does he seriously not know how to act like a human?

Wtf were his movies like with that kind of acting range? :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWolb57-8eg

Why does he like, bow to him at one point??? Omg.

Well he is the Prototype..

But seriously, that acting was fucking dreadful. God I hate Cena.

I came to the depressing realization that there has only been ONE good wrestling game this entire generation.

SiyHwkz.jpg

(LOL)

ecurbj

Rumble Roses double x was good.
Thanks. I'm going to see if my nearby GameStop stores have any copies in stock. I was questioning that game for awhile but I remember playing the PS2 version. Have they ever released a new game in the series yet?

bangai-o

Banned
Thanks. I'm going to see if my nearby GameStop stores have any copies in stock. I was questioning that game for awhile but I remember playing the PS2 version. Have they ever released a new game in the series yet?

wiki says Yukes is the developer. i guess they just make WWE games from now on.

So, Kassius Ohno and Bray Wyatt, right?

For what it's worth, they've been taking Corey Graves on RAW house shows for the past few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised to see him called up, especially if Punk's taking some time off.

Bray Wyatt needs to be brought up with the whole Wyatt Family group, so I can't see it being him, unfortunately.

Aiii

So not worth it
For what it's worth, they've been taking Corey Graves on RAW house shows for the past few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised to see him called up, especially if Punk's taking some time off.

Bray Wyatt needs to be brought up with the whole Wyatt Family group, so I can't see it being him, unfortunately.

Ohno and Wyatt have both done house shows as well over the past half year. But yeah, those three are the best bets.

Don't think they'll call up Paige yet, she could do with a bit more guidance over at NXT, is she even 20 yet?

Watching some classic BJW, namely, the infamous show where...

Nick Gage sets fire to the ring;

iBDUIXoeLrY2z.gif

The Zandig tries to murder Jun Kasai;

ijWYne1J4a1rm.gif

Matsunaga tries to murder The Zandig;

ibtbqSdFoc7mju.gif

Jun Kasai tries to murder himself;

iRK3hxTz0bsTN.gif

Aiii said:
Don't think they'll call up Paige yet, she could do with a bit more guidance over at NXT, is she even 20 yet?

Just turned 20 last August, so yeah, still a bit young as of yet. She really needs someone great to feud with as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You need to post those gifs in the mania thread Boots, a lot of people don't know what they're missing!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
the Zandig killing Kasai spot is the worst of all of them. That table might as well not even be there. It's awesome.

JEEEEEESSUUUUUUS! What a botch!

Serious. I love that you can tell he's about to botch from the panicked look on The Zandig's face.

Sunflower said:
You need to post those gifs in the mania thread Boots, a lot of people don't know what they're missing!

Yeah, gotta be careful with the deathmatch gifs though and there's more attention on the OT. I know some members are of a more sensitive disposition and don't appreciate seeing blood/sick bumps without due warning :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I see no blood in these, just explosions, drops, and beatings. The only one you showed me that ever got me...was the one where the guy was SQUIRTING blood from his face. I can watch a hundred "drops X on his head" and cringe, but that blood squirt makes me upset. In a good way, but I'm always upset with it, hahah

strobogo

Banned
ecwontnn.tumblr.com

ECW on TNN 10/29/99

Joey opens the show in the booth and throws it to Joel who introduces the next match and runs away.

Mike Awesome vs New Jack ECW Championship

Oh shit! New Jack in a title match! Of course it starts out with a bunch of random weapon shots before heading to the floor. I wonder if this ends with a powerbomb off a balcony. It gets back in the ring and Awesome hits a top rope lariatooo and uses some of the weapons. Vader bomb! Supposed to be missed, but most of him still hit New Jack. Staple Gun to the facccce.

via Imgflip GIF Generator

Coke guitar to the head. Body slam over the top through a table. Awesome brings Jack back in the ring and hits a frog splash for the win.

Chris Candido vs Nova

"And the following match up is brought to you by the New Jersey chapter of the Betty Ford Clinic." Joel is going to spend the whole match making fun of Tammy's drug/alcohol issues, which is weird since Tammy is also a heel. Simon Dean was better than Nova. I'd totally watch Skip vs Simon Dean in an exercise battle. About 2 minutes in, Doring and Roadkill hit the ring and attack Nova. Candido fights them off? Sunny and Lita have a terrible and fully zoomed out cat fight. Lance's music hits and he and Dawn Marie come out. Doring and Roadkill attack Chris and Tammy. Dawn and Lita paddle Tammy.

Dawn then calls Francine out. She and Tommy come out. Lance insulting Tommy's fucking skills was too much for him to handle. Justin Credible hit Tommy with a cane. Then Raven came out and started to walk out, but Justin shoved him. They fight off the Impact Players, but Raven DDTs Tommy again. Did Vince Russo book ECW at the end? After the break, Tommy calls Raven back out. Raven again bails last second. He's like Fandango!

Impact Players vs Dreamer/Raven and Sabu vs RVD will happen at the next ECW Arena show.

Rhino vs David Cash

Gore! Cash kicked out. He does not kick out of the piledriver. Squash match. Steve Corino calls out Sabu on behalf of Rhino.

Sabu vs Rhino

Sabu's TNN in ring debut. Sabu was already in pretty bad shape by 1999. It's amazing he's still doing what he does 14 years later. Rhino does a plancha, but hits Jack and Steve. Air Sabu way into the crowd.

Rhino is on offense after this, which makes no sense to me. He puts Sabu on a table that is leaning between the railing and apron. Sabu gets up and hits a super frankensteiner. Corino breaks up the pin. Fonzie crotches Steve on the ropes and Sabu hits a super frankentsteiner on him as well. GORE! Sabu goes for the triple jump moonsault, but gets tripped into the chair. Victory takes a hard bump off the apron. Camel clutch. Corino again breaks up a finish. Lol wtf Fonzie does a slingshot body press to him. Rhino gets leg dropped through the propped up table.

Another table is in the ring. Rhino's HEAD is leg dropped through it.

Rhino kicks out again. Dude should be dead by now. Arabian facebuster on Corino, who was shielding Rhino. Another one on Rhino. Triple Jump moonsault. Sabu wins.

Next week will have Taz vs Sabu! Show ends with hype video set to Godsmack. Or Disturbed. But I'm pretty sure Godsmack.

I just saw the Metal Gear Solid 5 trailer...

Besides being awesome, it gave me an idea. A John Cena recap vid set to Garbage's "Not your kind of people"

Lyrics fit quite well to our sentiments for Cena

Classic Match of the Day:

Antonio Inoki & Tatsumi Fujinami vs Andre the Giant & Rene Goulet - MSG Tag League FINAL - (NJPW 12/10/81)

Oh man, this match is SO much fun and it's all because of Andre and everyone's reactions towards him. From the terrified flower girls at the start, to the way Inoki & Fujinami both scurry out of the ring when Andre comes over the rope to break up a pin, there's a real sense of menace to the Giant. Andre works the heel role really well here as he bullies Inoki and Fujinami in turn at the start. Rene Goulet, like most of Andre's tag partners, is there to help make Andre look good, the idea being that Andre could get to the finals of a tournament with ANYONE. Goulet tries to match up to Fujinami, but is caught off-guard by Fujinami's sheer speed and technical ability. Every time Andre comes in to save his partner, Inoki & Fujinami flee as if their life depends on it, but at last Andre makes the hot tag and things really start to pick up! The finishing stretch is a whole lot of fun, Andre gets himself tied up in the ropes (which was apparently his all-time favourite spot, according to Hansen) and bumps HUGE when Inoki & Fujinami build up some offence. Just a really fun tag match from when Andre was still mobile and in his prime, with some great David vs Goliath/cat & mouse spots.

Andre scares the crap out of the flower girls, lol;

iU9RHQuvVct8K.gif

Here's the playlist of other classic matches so far;

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2j4f3

• Tatsumi Fujinami vs Vader - IWGP Title Tournament FINAL - (NJPW 04/24/89)
  • Nobuhiko Takada vs Bob Backlund - (UWF 12/22/88)
  • Antonio Inoki, Riki Choshu & Kantaro Hoshino vs Dick Murdoch, Bob Orton Jr. & Scott Hall - (NJPW 11/17/88)
  • Billy Robinson vs Nick Bockwinkel - (AJPW 12/11/80)
  • Bob Backlund (c) vs Stan Hansen - WWF Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 09/30/80)
  • Tatsumi Fujinami (c) vs Tony Rocco - WWF Light Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 09/11/80)
  • Takako Inoue vs Kyoko Inoue - (AJW 01/24/93)
  • Tiger Mask (c) vs Bret Hart - WWF Light Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 02/05/82)
  • Stan Hansen vs Andre the Giant - (NJPW 09/23/81)
  • Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - Real World Tag League FINAL - (AJPW 12/03/93)
  • Jumbo Tsuruta & Tiger Mask II (c) vs Stan Hansen & Ted DiBiase - PWF World Tag Team Championship - (AJPW 11/07/87)
  • Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Nobuhiko Takada - IWGP Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 10/09/95)
  • Aja Kong (c) vs Dynamite Kansai - WWWA Title Match - (AJW 08/25/93)
  • Naoki Sano vs Masakatsu Funaki - (SWS 04/01/91)
  • Koji Kanemoto (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - (NJPW 01/04/96)
  • Nick Bockwinkel (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta (c) - AWA Heavyweight Title & NWA United International Title - (AJPW 02/23/84)
  • Terry Funk vs Stan Hansen - (AJPW 04/14/83)
  • Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs El Samurai - Top of the Super Jr's III FINAL - (NJPW 04/30/92)
  • Genichiro Tenryu vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara - (WAR 11/27/97)

Hopefully they can come to further agreement about future use of Owen's name - I'd love an extensive Owen DVD collection, perhaps a documentary about him and his career, with a ton of matches. Also, it'd be nice to see him inducted into the Hall of Fame. I'm sure Bret would love to see his brother remembered in that way and given the recognition he deserves, plus, it's only right that a new generation of fans are given the opportunity to know Owen's work and why he was so loved.

Carnby

#heel ...for a few weeks.

I predict Johnny Ace helps him win and he turns heel. But before Extreme Rules he will AA Johnny and repent for the error of his ways. Johnny will send a hell challenger after Cena and everything will resume as normal.

Omega

Banned
The problem with the TV show is it doesn't have any sympathetic characters, it adds horrible sidestorylines, it randomly changes events from their amazing source material and it does stupid stuff like (S3 finale)
having Andrea spend half an ep looking at Milton instead of picking up the damn pliers off of the damn floor so she can live.
I watch it more out of habit then out of pleasure nowadays. For every good ep, they have 3 bad ones. Terrible shame since I'm a huge fan of the comics.

Started Sons of Anarchy yesterday, looks to be good two eps in.
Season 3 is filler. 8 out of the 13, a dumbass swerve that contends with Russo

4 & 5 are decent at best. more swerves and prolonging character arcs because they signed on for 7 seasons, so most episodes don't do anything

Don't get excited. The settlement does not give WWE the right to profit from Owen Hart's image and changes nothing about their pre-lawsuit relationship with Martha. It's simply a settlement of the lawsuit Martha filed against them.

Top Bottom