• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

jred2k

Those Rosa gifs are ridiculous. Does she put on full makeup to go to the gym?

Edit: New Maddox page

tumblr_m9e7o6ysEw1rdi35lo1_500.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Yes, #face or #heel wether you think Cena will turn heel on Sunday (to be determined no later than the following Raw). Losers change their avatars for two week to [blank] (don't think this has been decided yet).

Yes, #face or #heel wether you think Cena will turn heel on Sunday (to be determined no later than the following Raw). Losers change their avatars for two week to [blank] (don't think this has been decided yet).

Ohh thats a tough one. One the One hand its Cena, on the other hand its NJ/NY. He'd be technically the heel walking into Sunday...

I will mull over this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If he stays face, all #heel voters go to avatars of a smiling or smirking Cena! Face voters, if he goes heel, we will need to use a sad Cena pic for an avatar.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
How is it determined that Cena has actually become a heel. He can't change any of his behaviours, they are already heelish tactics. Will King, Cole, and the merry old soul JBL have to claim him as a villain unanimously?

Those Rosa gifs are ridiculous. Does she put on full makeup to go to the gym?

No matter where I go in the world, I always see at least a few women with full makeup at the gym in order to help attract someone, so I wouldn't be surprised if she did so even without a full camera crew.

jred2k

How is it determined that Cena has actually become a heel. He can't change any of his behaviours, they are already heelish tactics. Will King, Cole, and the merry old soul JBL have to claim him as a villain unanimously?

Yeah its kind of gotten split between the two threads, but I believe the determining factor mainly lies with how the announcers react to him. It will also be determined at the end of Raw the night after WM. Unless, of course, something happens to make it immediately apparent at WM itself.

Aiii

So not worth it
If he stays face, all #heel voters go to avatars of a smiling or smirking Cena! Face voters, if he goes heel, we will need to use a sad Cena pic for an avatar.

Great, pretty sure I'll be rocking that Cena avatar soon, but hell, I have to #believe that something is done right just once by WWE.

I don't even care if it's a super short heel run, but at least change things up once with Cena.

Botaaay watch season 4 of the wire!

Season 2 of the walking dead is bad . Couldn't make it through m. Also a a fan if the comic hearing some Of the things they changed in season 3 turned me off

Sephzilla

I finally caught The Marine on TV the other weekend.

I expected it to be horrible, but holy sweet mercy it was worse than I was expecting.

Aiii

So not worth it
Paul Bearer's sons are pissed about what WWE did on Raw, saying that what was pitched to them was not what happened:

Uh oh.

Doesn't sound like it was different, just that they didn't expect it to be so real.

Don't think there's much to uh-oh about, storyline is over anyways.

TEXT FROM MICHAEL MOODY TO WWE:

Hey. I woke up in time to watch the tail end of the show. What you explained would happen happened. Which is fine. Just it was a little difficult to watch it play out. I put a message on Facebook last night saying that we approved it but it wasn’t what I envisioned. That I didn’t have anything to say. Well woke up this morning and that quote is being used all over “media outlets”. For the record. I was fine w it. Was hard to watch but y’all are professionals and I trust.

I love being right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I expected it to be horrible, but holy sweet mercy it was worse than I was expecting.

Kinda been curious as that was WWE's biggest hit by far.

Sephzilla

Why can't people just accept that its fictional television.

Kinda been curious as that was WWE's biggest hit by far.

It's one of those movies that's bad but doesn't know its bad. So it never hits the "so bad its good" tier.

And Cena's never going to be touching Rock's level of Hollywood success.

Catching up on some BJW, watching Drake Young vs Masashi Takeda in a TLC match (pretty tame by BJW stipulation standards, but I'm sure Drake will find a way to do something dangerous);

Drake eats a sideways ladder early on;

ibgQ13QUqwuXqK.gif

Takeda, the only person in the history of wrestling to not walk into the dumb 'ladder on the head' spot;

iNS32zlRO8e6o.gif

Takeda is unbreakaboru!!!

ihzs8z028BYr5.gif

Oh...nasty Drake's Landing on a Japanese folding chair ends it;

ivnooTyp3jUm.gif

Fun match, surprisingly Drake didn't do anything too reckless, although it's ridiculous how easily he bleeds.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh...nasty Drake's Landing on a Japanese folding chair ends it;

ivnooTyp3jUm.gif

Fun match, surprisingly Drake didn't do anything too reckless, although it's ridiculous how easily he bleeds.

BLORGHHHHHHHH that bump :(

I remember Cena killing a dude with the flying stand through a pier like platform, he just jumps at the guy and crushes him through the wood feet (and crotch) first.

BLORGHHHHHHHH that bump :(

Gosh darn that looked brutal.
He falls into the perfect position for a post move chair guillotine if they wanted to go overkill.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Abra you ever consider wearing sunglasses inside? Prescription shadez? Will go well with the Zubaz pants and fanny pack you'll take next trip to Japan (you'd better bring those)

somedevil

Here are the supposed match times for Wrestlemania 29 not including entrances: Daniel Bryan match is now 40 to 50 times longer than last year!

- According to F4Wonline.com, here are scripted times for the WrestleMania 29 matches, not counting entrances:

* Chris Jericho vs. Fandango has been given 10 minutes

* Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston has been given 12 to 15 minutes

* Ryback vs. Mark Henry has been given 12 minutes

* The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus has been given 15 minutes

* CM Punk vs. The Undertaker has been given 20 minutes

* Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio has been given 15 minutes

* Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar has been given 20 to 30 minutes

* The Rock vs. John Cena has been given 25 to 30 minutes

* A Diddy musical performance has been given 8 minutes

* The WWE Hall of Famers coming out to wave to fans has been given 7 minutes

* The show opener and National Anthem has been given 7 minutes

* Other assorted segments throughout the show have been given 10 minutes

Ithil

Here are the supposed match times for Wrestlemania 29 not including entrances:

g7ujyjr.jpg

But still, all that time added up is just under 3 hours. Either they're being very conservative with the main events, planning to give a lot of leeway with overrun, or they have a lot of extra shit happening. I note the Rhodes Scholars match isn't listed, that's probably been moved to the pre-show.

somedevil

But still, all that time added up is just under 3 hours. Either they're being very conservative with the main events, planning to give a lot of leeway with overrun, or they have a lot of extra shit happening. I note the Rhodes Scholars match isn't listed, that's probably been moved to the pre-show.

I'm fine with the Brock Lesnar match time. Also the undertaker I don't think can do a 20-30 minute match anymore. Also, it doesn't include entrances which take time. Imagine Triple H and Undertakers entrances alone. Also, the Rhode Scholars match might have just been forgotten by Meltzer.

jred2k

Are there any spoilers around from the SmackDown taping last night? I checked pwinsider this morning but didn't see anything.

Watching the Best of Raw and Smackdown 2012 DVD and wow I had forgotten how bad Cena reacts towards Ryder getting choke slammed onto a crash pad.

I'm just like is he for real? Is this honestly how ROBOT CENA shows emotion? Weird facials looking around with occasional awkward hand placements for 'dramatic affect'. Does he seriously not know how to act like a human?

Wtf were his movies like with that kind of acting range? :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWolb57-8eg

Why does he like, bow to him at one point??? Omg.

That WM29 match time stuff got me to check out match times at more recent WM events.

Miz vs Cena - 15:10
That main event level slugfest right there, it's barely 2 minutes ahead of Cole/Lawler.

WM26 only has two matches breach the 15 minute mark, somehow Vince/Bret went past 10 minutes while Punk and Rey got stuck with around 6.

Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy at WM25 lasted 17:19 which is actually longer than I expected, Rey/JBL aside WM25 has quite well balanced match times.

Michaels vs Flair was the longest match at WM24, I don't recall it being that long but it outlasts Taker/Edge.
Actually HBK seems to quite frequently have long (Or even longest) match times regardless of his opponents, Mr Wrestlemania indeed, HHH as well, that damn DX taking over WM!

And WM 2000's main event clocks in at a whopping 36:28, to think Big Show gets eliminated in like the first 2 or 3 minutes.

Watching the Best of Raw and Smackdown 2012 DVD and wow I had forgotten how bad Cena reacts towards Ryder getting choke slammed onto a crash pad.

I'm just like is he for real? Is this honestly how ROBOT CENA shows emotion? Weird facials looking around with occasional awkward hand placements for 'dramatic affect'. Does he seriously not know how to act like a human?

Wtf were his movies like with that kind of acting range? :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWolb57-8eg

Why does he like, bow to him at one point??? Omg.

We should be thankful he managed to surpress his smirk at least, maybe he smirks so much because it's the only human emotion he has mastered.

somedevil

Are there any spoilers around from the SmackDown taping last night? I checked pwinsider this morning but didn't see anything.

Smackdown spoilers:

Ryback defeated Epico and Primo in a handicap match

* Team Rhode Scholars and The Bella Twins come out dressed as Tons of Funk and the Funkadactyls. They are then interrupted by the real group and they all brawl in the ring. Team Rhodes and The Bellas retreat.

* Jack Swagger defeated Kofi Kingston

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
But still, all that time added up is just under 3 hours. Either they're being very conservative with the main events, planning to give a lot of leeway with overrun, or they have a lot of extra shit happening.

Leeway and overly extended entrances. Who knows how long it'll take the Undertaker to enter, better give an hour buffer just in case.

Vince vs Bret felt like a half hour at least.
Everything about that match fell flat, McMahon's idiotic plan that backfires on him in such an obvious fashion and then he gets utterly abused for like 10 minutes, if anything by the end I was cheering for Vince to wreck them all with that pipe or whatever it was he pulled out from under the ring.

That includes the post bell ringing McMahon reunion and people's elbow on Stephanie?
I don't think it does.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Smackdown spoilers:

Ryback defeated Epico and Primo in a handicap match

* Team Rhode Scholars and The Bella Twins come out dressed as Tons of Funk and the Funkadactyls. They are then interrupted by the real group and they all brawl in the ring. Team Rhodes and The Bellas retreat.

* Jack Swagger defeated Kofi Kingston

I noticed that the Smackdown spoilers were up right after Raw. Is it live this week or something?

Raw64life

So apparently there's a new wrestling game coming out on PS3 this summer...

http://rajah.com/node/33000

...sounds promising but I've been fed enough of these stories from other devs claiming that their game is going to be the best thing since No Mercy that I'll have to see it to believe it.

I came to the depressing realization that there has only been ONE good wrestling game this entire generation.

Wrestle Kingdom on the 360? Also, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns was released this gen, even if it was a PS2 game.

It really sucks that Spike went tits up, as we'll likely never get another Fire Pro.

Kyoufu

I came to the depressing realization that there has only been ONE good wrestling game this entire generation.

Not for me, sadly. Wrestling games are dead.

Syn Sophia should do a kickstarter for a Revenge/No Mercy style game. Sell it on PSN/XBLA/Steam or something.

Brinbe

Wrestle Kingdom on the 360? Also, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns was released this gen, even if it was a PS2 game.

It really sucks that Spike went tits up, as we'll likely never get another Fire Pro.

They did? Well, fuck. Still appreciate that they bothered to localize FPWR and the awesome GBA Fire Pro games. A while ago I got some english edits to FPA2's MOR mode off fireproclub and it's just like a better-TEW on the go.

Not for me, sadly. Wrestling games are dead.

Syn Sophia should do a kickstarter for a Revenge/No Mercy style game. Sell it on PSN/XBLA/Steam or something.
I fully support this idea. Hell, they just have to provide the same engine, put in a ton of modding options and let the community go wild with it. SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Top Bottom