• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

OvEr8Yb.gif

QUOTING FOR NEW PAGE

strobogo

Banned
You are smashing through Eee-Cee-Dub stro, can't be that many more episodes!

There's actually about a year's worth of shows left. It's just that they're only like 40-45 minutes and I watch them at 1.10x speed, so it's more like 35 minutes a show. And I have no job or life of any kind.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'oh god i hope people will remember me'

poor thirsty gaf playing right into the hack's plans
Don't get excited. The settlement does not give WWE the right to profit from Owen Hart's image and changes nothing about their pre-lawsuit relationship with Martha. It's simply a settlement of the lawsuit Martha filed against them.

You should send that to yahoo then.
No details were revealed but it appears that the WWE will once again be able to use Owen Hart's likeness for future projects and will compensate Martha for the usage.

Kaladin

I have to block those Rosa gifs at work......they look too much like sex if you're just walking by or see them at an odd angle.

strobogo

Banned
My googlefu is lacking when I can't find two teachers I had. I can find everything but an email or facebook on them. It's a bummer.

strobogo

Banned
I know, but one of them is young enough I figured it'd be a bit easier to find her online. How weird and creepy is it that you can easily find pictures of someone's real front yard, but not find an email address?

Watching AR Fox vs Tim Donst from the Wrestling is Respect show, real fun event, well worth the $4.99.

AR Fox hits a 450 with limited headroom;

iZQYQpXB7cblT.gif

Donst avoids Fox's flippy-do shit, suckering him into a backbreaker;

ifsOBJA0mgIze.gif

Donst dumps AR Fox right on his head with a belly to belly into the ropes;

i5GUt9lMpbDul.gif

Donst for Chikara Grand Champion........seriously, the guy deserves it.

I concur, he's been quietly improving over these past few years and should really be getting more recognition - I thought he was going to beat Kingston back at the season 11 finale, but I guess that loss helped play into his downward spiral story. Hopefully he'll be in grand championship contention again soon enough.

strobogo

Banned
ECW on TNN 10/29/99

Taz vs Sabu TONIGHT! I bet the fans are going to be all over Taz. The show opens with a Paul E. voice over about Dawn Marie and Sunny. Francine vows to stop Dawn Marie as the Catfight Warz of '99 continue on the Friday Night THRIIIILLLLZZOOONNNEEE!!!!!

Joel's tag lines suck on TNN. They're not even worth repeating. They introduce the next match as being between the only two ECW Grand Slam Champions in history. This is really the opener?

Taz vs Sabu

Taz gets some heat, but nothing like what they gave him at the PPV. No "you sold out" chants, just booing. Not sure why Joey did the ring announcements for this. From main event of the first ECW PPV to opener on TNN. Some general brawling and it goes to the floor. A table gets placed between the ring and apron and we go to commercial. After the break, Sabu DDTs Taz on the entrance ramp. It goes back in the ring where Sabu hits a dropkick to the knee and a springboard side kick for a two count. Flipping release German Tazplex. Super Frankensteiner. Sabu goes face first into a chair.

via Imgflip GIF Generator

A table is now in the ring. Alabama Slam through it. Taz randomly does a flipping senton off the top. He missed. A table is set up in the corner. Sabu throws a chair in Taz's face and then leg drops him through the table. He mostly missed Taz, though. Another table is set up. Sabu wins with a guillotine leg drop through the table.

The Impact Players attack Sabu after the match. RVD makes the save. Sabu and Rob fight. Taz puts RVD in the Tazmission. Sabu stomps Rob while he's in it and shoves Fonzie away. Taz giggles and walks out. Aces and Eights BROTHA! Two steps ahead!

Coming up next, someone gets under the skin of Paul E.! We'll also get Dreamer vs Storm tonight.

TO THE ECW ARENA. Sign Guy Dudley arrived as Lou E. Dangerously, which pissed off Paul. Mikey Whipwreck returned to ECW in a loss against Mike Awesome.

Lance Storm vs Tommy Dreamer

This is the same building where Lance broke Tommy's back. Lance attacks as Tommy is getting in the ring, but Tommy hits a pop up low blow. They go into the crowd. Beer to the face! Devastating. Tommy gets suplexed on the floor. He was trying one, so he would have hurt his back anyway. Back into the crowd. Tommy leaves and comes back with a ladder. He naturally misses a rope walk elbow on it on the ramp.

Lance gets thrown into a ladder in the ring and hit with a DVD. CAT FIGHT! Raven comes out and DDTs Dreamer (again) and Lance makes the pin. Credible walks out and hits Raven with a cane on the ramp. Dreamer chases the Impact Players off. Then the whole thing is replayed for like 6 minutes. Raven talks and then attacks Tommy. Tommy hits a DDT. I'm not interested in this feud at all. Wasn't interested in anything with them after 1997.

TO THE BACK. Nova says he's dedicating the rest of his matches to Chris Chetti until Chetti is able to return to the ring.

Da Baldies vs Nova/David Cash

I guess it doesn't happen since Roadkill and Doring were in the ring after the break. They all beat up on Nova. Balls and Axl come out for the save. A chair is destroyed on Doring's head. Lita faces off with them, but Jazz hits her with a chair. Overly long celebration with them. Like, almost all of the Big Balls cover played.

TO THE BACK. Raven talks about Tommy, Justin, and Lance. I think he called both himself and Justin rapists. Interesting choice to end the show on. Calling people rapists.

ecurbj

Vince McMahon joins Twitter, big announcement to be made on SmackDown.

vince-1507953.jpg

Twitter has numerous fake accounts for celebrities, and opening an account on April Fools’ Day would be a nice idea for a prank. But WWE chairman Vince McMahon opened his Twitter account on the 1st of April, and tweeted about a major announcement to be made on SmackDown.

Oh boy.

ecurbj

McMahon opened the account weeks before Arpil 1st, his first tweet was sent April 1st.
Okay. And I posted it because I figured no one probably posted that his real account is active and he tweets now but if it has been posted ignore my post then.

strobogo

Banned
ecwontnn.tumblr.com

ECW on TNN 11/12/99

TO THE ECW ARENA.
The closing moments of Impact Players vs Dreamer/Raven are shown. And a CAT FIGHT! They're really trying to push Cat Fight Warz of '99 as a thing. They got into it until Rhino came down. Raven tried to DDT him, but Credible hit Raven and Tommy with his cane. Justin and Lance hit their piledrivers and the lights go out.

It was...THE SANDMAN! He's back! It switches between real cam and fan cam with Sandman caning everyone. So with in the past 2 months, Raven, Mikey, and Sandman have left WCW and returned to ECW. I think that blonde guy is Raven's neighbor and good friend Jim. Dreamer goes from dead to straight up dancing and drinking beers. Sandman and Tommy hug.

lwS0t3G.png

Run down for November to Remember. Awesome vs Tanaka, RVD vs Taz, Lynn vs Tajiri vs Super Crazy, Sabu vs Candido, Impact Players/Rhino vs Sandman/Raven/Dreamer. Sounds like a pretty stacked show.

DA BALDIES are in the ring and call out Balls/Axl.

Da Baldies vs Balls/Axl

Fucking Vito. Or the Skull. But Joel calls him Vito later. He gets 4 concussions after a chair shot.

PN News ambushes. What a random group of jobbers. Vito and DeVito were early 90s WWF jobbers, PN News was a comedy gimmick that ended as a JTTS, and Angel was basically a rookie. New Jack comes out. Weapon shots galore. Angel staples New Jack in the eye and the music immediately stops. Other wrestlers and officials try to protect New Jack.

Another run down of N2R.

TO THE BACK. Da Baldies are walking the streets because New Jack isn't on them anymore. Of the four, only two are actually bald. The two have a lot of head stubble.

TO THE ECW ARENA

Little Guido vs Super Crazy vs Spike Dudley

Spike gives his glasses to his girlfriend fan. Guido grabs them and steps on them. Spike didn't appreciate it one bit. Guido elbow dropped Crazy's balls right before the break. Fujiwara arm bar out of the break. Tornado DDT from Crazy. Guido takes that so weirdly. Joel calls stuff in Spanish, which makes Joey call him Mike Tenay. The ultimate insult. Crazy hits the crowd Asai moonsault. Some chair shots with those shitty plastic ones that at least sound really loud. Top rope chair shot from Spike to Crazy. For 3 small guys who do high paced stuff, this is a lot of boring brawling in the crowd. Sal gets Acid Dropped through a table. Spike is eliminated with the Unprettier. Remember when Guido came back to WWE as a ref and was never mentioned as having been Guido/Nunzio? That was odd. Sicilian Slice only gets two. 2 of the 3 moonsaults land, and then a brainbuster only gets a two count. Crazy wins with a powerbomb.

Another run down of N2R.

TO THE BACK. RVD is just going to re-cement his place as the top guy in the company by beating Taz. Simon never comes alone. He always brings his big Dick (Hertz). Doring cries about losing his woman. He got over it quick. Who would ever fuck Danny Doring? He's disgusting. Fonzie is with Sabu now. Skip is going to die. Eventually, yes. Back to Simon and his big Dick and they're coming together. Jerry Lynn is going to fuck Tajiri up. Da Baldies are still hanging out on the street. If you play with Simon, you'll have to play with Simon's big dick. And Simon's big dick is stiff. Corino/Rhino/Victory are up next. Rhino's arm are fucking huge. Rhino is going to give Sandman a fucking ass kicking. To Raven. Fuck off Raven. He's upset that Tommy let Sandman into their happy family. He'd rather watch his mom die than job to Justin Credible.

Am I the only one who thinks that we're in for a Cena/Vince feud?

Think about it...Cena has never feuded with Vince to any great degree, and Vince may feel that since he's not getting the desired crowd reaction, the only way to do so is to put himself in the feud since it worked 12 years ago, why not now?

strobogo

Banned
Shows are half as long and only once a week instead of twice. And no PPVs. I have to say, they really aren't that much better than the WCW shows. They don't feel organized, everything feels random, and that style of wrestling doesn't hold up very well. It feels like they were still doing major stuff on the syndicated show and arena shows and weren't fully taking advantage of a national TV show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even all my diehard ECW fan friends say that the actual wrestling pretty much bottomed out about a month before they got the TV deal. It's ironic considering how well it would have done with a major network deal just a year or so before.

Shows are half as long and only once a week instead of twice. And no PPVs. I have to say, they really aren't that much better than the WCW shows. They don't feel organized, everything feels random, and that style of wrestling doesn't hold up very well. It feels like they were still doing major stuff on the syndicated show and arena shows and weren't fully taking advantage of a national TV show.

Yep, the syndicated shows, which during this point were finally given a name ("ECW Hardcore TV") were MUCH better than the TNN shows. You can tell that Heyman quickly realized he made a shitty deal and quit giving a fuck immediately.

strobogo

Banned
Even all my diehard ECW fan friends say that the actual wrestling pretty much bottomed out about a month before they got the TV deal. It's ironic considering how well it would have done with a major network deal just a year or so before.

It's not just wrestling, but the storylines bottomed out, too. I haven't seen an engaging and interesting storyline yet. They're all super basic, except for the Raven/Dreamer thing, which is just generic feuding tag partners that happen to have a big history.

Top Bottom