• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just popping in to say that I started watching Walking Dead, and that Net_Wrecker knows his teevee.

THANK YOU WRECKER *clapclap clapclapclap*

Walking Dead is absolutely terrible up until about the halfway point in Season 2, which is when they got a new director, and it shows. Thank god. If you can live through the shit coming up you might enjoy it...later.

Walking Dead is absolutely terrible up until about the halfway point in Season 2, which is when they got a new director, and it shows. Thank god. If you can live through the shit coming up you might enjoy it...later.

It's a good thing I've learned to not trust your awful, awful taste on things then, isn't it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
More like people arguing and being passive aggressive and killing zombies from time to time.

Ugh, it's so horrible. People refusing to eat dog food but letting their friends die instead, stupidity abounds

S2ish spoilers:
THE BABY ISNT YOURS, SO FUCK OFF. IT MIGHT BE YOURS. MAYBE ITS YOURS. I DONT WANT YOU AROUND. SO I'M GOING TO TELL YOU ABOUT A BABY AND MAKE YOU WANT TO TAKE CARE OF IT BUT I DONT WANT YOU AROUND

I cannot stand...anything about that show. Until a certain point

Sokantish

Most people said S1 and half of S2 were terrible, is there something wrong with me if I didn't mind them and actually enjoyed the show?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Most people said S1 and half of S2 were terrible, is there something wrong with me if I didn't mind them and actually enjoyed the show?

Well...it explains the Raiders av at least.

Sokantish

I do have a high tolerance for terribleness, it's true. For instance, I love Mass Effect 3 and wasn't even upset about the ending. I mean, sure it could have been better, but whatever!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do have a high tolerance for terribleness, it's true. For instance, I love Mass Effect 3 and wasn't even upset about the ending. I mean, sure it could have been better, but whatever!

Well here's where things get weird. I agree with you there, original ending was fine and people are weird.

strobogo

Banned
The thing with TWD is that the opening episode was so amazing that you can't stop watching in hopes that it will some day hit that high again. And it comes close a few times, but is usually a pretty iffy show with people showing zero common sense or logical thinking. And the zombie apocalypse is completely secondary to marriage woes for most of the first and second seasons.

bangai-o

Banned
Someone needs to break it to her that she is not on the card

tumblr_mknyb42nrI1rssipzo1_250.gif

tumblr_mknyb42nrI1rssipzo3_250.gif

tumblr_mknyb42nrI1rssipzo4_250.gif

strobogo

Banned
lol ZOOM IN ON HER DRINKING WATER, IT WILL MAKE PEOPLE THINK OF A BLOWJOB! DO IT NOW!

michael_hayes.jpg

I hope the rumors about her and PS aren't true. A. Because it's a bummer that someone has to do that to get TV time and B. Because there has to be someone less disgusting than Michael Hayes if she has to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol ZOOM IN ON HER DRINKING WATER, IT WILL MAKE PEOPLE THINK OF A BLOWJOB! DO IT NOW!

I hope the rumors about her and PS aren't true. A. Because it's a bummer that someone has to do that to get TV time and B. Because there has to be someone less disgusting than Michael Hayes if she has to.

Really? Because I think it's a bummer she gets to stay employed for years and years and years because of her relationship with Hayes. You make it sound like she's some squandered talent or something.

Walking Dead is fine, albeit all over the lace in terms of quality

Season 1 starts strong and goes downhill
Season 2 starts poor and goes uphill
Season 3 starts really strong and goes REALLY downhill... WTF HAPPENED THERE?

PS. Rosa Mendez does nothing for me. She seems to have the personality of a piece of cardboard. I'm sorry,,,

Anth0ny

Second half of Walking Dead season 3 was mostly shit.

Everything up until that point I enjoyed. It's no masterpiece, but it's fun. I hope they can bounce back with season 4.

Walking Dead is meh...but I'll be watching it until it's over and done with. I'm also picky though and there's only been a handful of shows that I've thought were/are good.

I couldn't get into Walking Dead at all, the first season was horrid. People keep telling me it gets better, but why should I wade through shit to get to that point? Same reason I gave up on Lost in season 2 and am never going back. I keep waiting for a drama you colonials produce that's as good as The Sopranos, but nothing as of yet.

Hey guys, trying to get some friends to watch Wrestlemania with me this Sunday so I'm not lonely, what time does Wrestlemania start and what time does it end?

EDIT: I'm in Mountain Time

5PM MDT ~ 10PM MDT

I think that's correct. Mania's at 12AM over here, and mountain time is seven hours behind GMT.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only thing worse than people still stuck to TWD like zombies are the even bigger Zombies who think the game is "revolutionary" when its merely an above average Telltale game.

Its still pretty annoying WM isn't CM Punk vs John Cena.

That is the rivalry of 'this era' I feel, their two top stars who should be battling it out for the top prize.

Part timer bullshit just makes me hate on Dwayne even more. 'It'll bring in the crowds, Punk isn't a top buyrate BS whatever' blah blah everyone will be watching WM anyway why not show them a cool match between those two instead of a 80% rest hold snoozer we'll actually get now.

I have many other issues with this terrible build, terrible outcome (likely) WM but that one has just bugged me a bit more the closer we get.

I'm not all Debbie-downer, I am looking forward to it, if nothing else the crowd will be an amazing best of the year, the Raw after will probably be great, and Daniel Bryan might not get completely shit on. It just should be so much better, WM seems to have just become another terrible, planned the month before (if you're lucky) WWE PPV.

Why they can't fit all their f**king champions into a four hour PPV though I'll never know. Pisses me off Cesaro and Kaitlyn are probably getting snubbed?

I'm just popping in to say that I started watching Walking Dead, and that Net_Wrecker knows his teevee.

THANK YOU WRECKER *clapclap clapclapclap*

When did I comment on The Walking Dead?

I keep waiting for a drama you colonials produce that's as good as The Sopranos, but nothing as of yet.

The Wire. The Shield, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Treme, The Borgias (not even sure if this counts), Justified, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, Six Feet Under.....None of these?

You berated me a while back when I mentioned I didn't watch it. Don't tell me you got that WWE Universe™ memory.

I got that WWE Universe™ memory like you wouldn't believe. This is what Raw has done to me.

I don't recall "berating" you, but it's a solid show. Ups and downs like any super popular series (since all the truly great ones can barely get even half of TWD's audience), but it's not nearly as bad as the internet detractors would have you believe. Stick with it as long as you're enjoying it and don't worry about all the noise online.

I got that WWE Universe™ memory like you wouldn't believe. This is what Raw has done to me.

I don't recall "berating" you, but it's a solid show. Ups and downs like any super popular series (since all the truly great ones can barely get even half of TWD's audience), but it's not nearly as bad as the internet detractors would have you believe. Stick with it as long as you're enjoying it and don't worry about all the noise online.

I got done with the first season a couple hours ago, and I liked what I saw. Probably gonna start Season 2 sometime in the morning or the next day.

I got done with the first season a couple hours ago, and I liked what I saw. Probably gonna start Season 2 sometime in the morning or the next day.

Season 2 will treat you better than it did people that had to wait a week between episodes.

Some good news is that there's a new showrunner for the upcoming 4th season, and he wrote 2 great eps in season 3, including one of the top 3 episodes of the entire series so far.

The Walking Dead is OK and it's faults I can forgive simply because it is a TV show (and as such will have to have censorship on brutality). However, character development is terrible and the pace of the show is very slow - I've seen ZOMBIES MOVE QUICKER!

Season 1 was good, Season 2 was pointless, Season 3 is an improvement.

The Walking Dead is OK and it's faults I can forgive simply because it is a TV show (and as such will have to have censorship on brutality). However, character development is terrible and the pace of the show is very slow - I've seen ZOMBIES MOVE QUICKER!

Season 1 was good, Season 2 was pointless, Season 3 is an improvement.

Wait, what? That's one thing The Walking Dead definitely doesn't hold back on.

Oh well of course some shit is gonna get left out cause it's just way too grim. Like I doubt they're gonna
Kill Judith
, but still they haven't been fucking around with the gore at all. There have been a number of times when I was like holy shit...they just did this on tv?

Aiii

So not worth it
The problem with the TV show is it doesn't have any sympathetic characters, it adds horrible sidestorylines, it randomly changes events from their amazing source material and it does stupid stuff like (S3 finale)
having Andrea spend half an ep looking at Milton instead of picking up the damn pliers off of the damn floor so she can live.
I watch it more out of habit then out of pleasure nowadays. For every good ep, they have 3 bad ones. Terrible shame since I'm a huge fan of the comics.

Started Sons of Anarchy yesterday, looks to be good two eps in.

The problem with the TV show is it doesn't have any sympathetic characters, it adds horrible sidestorylines, it randomly changes events from their amazing source material and it does stupid stuff like (S3 finale)
having Andrea spend half an ep looking at Milton instead of picking up the damn pliers off of the damn floor so she can live.
I watch it more out of habit then out of pleasure nowadays. For every good ep, they have 3 bad ones. Terrible shame since I'm a huge fan of the comics.

"Clear" makes me still have faith in the show. I think the guy that did that is fully in charge now, so Season 4 could be good. There is some good stuff in the comics ready to be taken advantage of too.

The Wire. The Shield, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Treme, The Borgias (not even sure if this counts), Justified, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, Six Feet Under.....None of these?

Forgot about Mad Men, that's some amazing television right there - can't wait for the new series premier. Boardwalk Empire is good too, but I still need to watch almost all of season 2. Deadwood was one of my all-time favourites, but it never got a conclusion. Didn't care for The Shield, or Six Feet Under. Haven't given Treme a chance, but I probably should, and The Wire...well, I watched about the first season, but can't say I was exactly gripped by it. I found it hard to relate to any of the characters, or even to find them likeable (Wallace being the exception). It really didn't help that everyone kept telling me how much better than The Sopranos it was and that it was the best TV series ever made. People really need to learn to reign in their hype if they don't want to ruin the expectations of others.

Started Sons of Anarchy yesterday, looks to be good two eps in.
I don't mind them changing shit from the comics. I'd rather not be able to predict things right off the bat.

As for Sons of Anarchy.....ehhhhh....it's solid at times and then other times I can't fucking stand it. The end of season 4 made me want to quit the show...actually I still haven't watched season 5. I also hate Jax....he's a really shitty character.
Forgot about Mad Men, that's some amazing television right there - can't wait for the new series premier. Boardwalk Empire is good too, but I still need to watch almost all of season 2. Deadwood was one of my all-time favourites, but it never got a conclusion. Didn't care for The Shield, or Six Feet Under. Haven't given Treme a chance, but I probably should, and The Wire...well, I watched about the first season, but can't say I was exactly gripped by it. I found it hard to relate to any of the characters, or even to find them likeable (Wallace being the exception). It really didn't help that everyone kept telling me how much better than The Sopranos it was and that it was the best TV series ever made. People really need to learn to reign in their hype if they don't want to ruin the expectations of others.

Yeah whenever I recommend The Wire to someone, it's always very casually. It's a slow show and you have to be in the mindset to watch it. It's amazing, but I try not to hype it because that always kills shit. People hyped Mad Men for me and it was grueling having to sit through season 1 and most of 2. Glad I did though, because it's great.

Top Bottom