• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Rumors are going around about Cesaro and Kaitlyn being involved in matches, so it makes sense they have workout videos.

- There's a possibility Kaitlyn and AJ will be added to the Tag Tea Title match, with the Divas Title also being on the line.

- With Sin Cara now cleared to work in the ring, we might get Cesaro vs. Sin Cara for the US Title.

I'd love this

And I'd love it more if there was a wardrobe malfunction on Kaitlyn

Yes, new page
paigenw.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Paige has a neat look, but also looks like she's not fully grown yet.

Kaladin

I'm watching

Evolve 19
CZW (delay, not live)
Kaiju Big Battel
Shimmer
Dragon Gate Day 1
NJPW
Dragon Gate Day 2

There was a time when I was going to watch nothing but Mania live....but fuck it, I found my hype.

Kaladin

Whats the CZW card?

http://www.rfvideonow.com/czw/

CZW World Championship Match: ]MASADA (c) vs. the returning 'Crazy Monkey' Jun Kasai
Sami Callihan vs Brian Kendrick
CZW Tag-Team Championship: The CATALYST (Dustin Rayz & Eric Ryan) (c) vs. the temporarily re-instated BLK-OUT (Ruckus & Blk Jeez w/ Robbie Mireno)
Greg Excellent vs Colt Cabana
Aerial Assault: Shane Strickland vs. AR Fox vs. Rich Swann vs. Chiva Kid vs Shane Hollister vs. Lucky 13
International Tag-Team Match: The Sumerian Death Squad (Tommy End & Michael Donte) vs. OI4K (Jake & Dave Crist)
Eight Man Tag-Team Match: Drew Gulak's Campaign for a Better Combat Zone vs. Niles Sozio's The Front
Matt Tremont vs Joe Gacy
Drake Younger vs Danny Havoc

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I wasn't watching ROH and hadn't spent a ton already, I'd be interested in that CZW show - the aerial assault match should be crazy, Jun Kusai is awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing how the Sumerian Death Squad do in their match.

Okay this was magical. I love the work whoever this is (bootaaay's Zandig alter ego, Yeaaaaatoob) is doing with this. I love the creativity that's emerged in the past few years for the WWE games. Zandig gets what he deserves! So quotable.

Nothing to do with me, it's great stuff though and, yeah, the creation aspects of the WWE games are easily their most redeeming feature.

tm24

http://www.rfvideonow.com/czw/

CZW World Championship Match: ]MASADA (c) vs. the returning 'Crazy Monkey' Jun Kasai
Sami Callihan vs Brian Kendrick
CZW Tag-Team Championship: The CATALYST (Dustin Rayz & Eric Ryan) (c) vs. the temporarily re-instated BLK-OUT (Ruckus & Blk Jeez w/ Robbie Mireno)
Greg Excellent vs Colt Cabana
Aerial Assault: Shane Strickland vs. AR Fox vs. Rich Swann vs. Chiva Kid vs Shane Hollister vs. Lucky 13
International Tag-Team Match: The Sumerian Death Squad (Tommy End & Michael Donte) vs. OI4K (Jake & Dave Crist)
Eight Man Tag-Team Match: Drew Gulak's Campaign for a Better Combat Zone vs. Niles Sozio's The Front
Matt Tremont vs Joe Gacy
Drake Younger vs Danny Havoc
This is an amazing card, but im not sure if i want to give rf video money

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
SMS is a great example how TV-14 won't save wrestling, and you can make amazing things even with the limits SMS has on its violence.

strobogo

Banned
Claudio not having anything to do because Sin Cara botched himself doesn't make any sense, because before that Raw, Miz and Claudio had been in a feud for 2 and a half months. He had a program going with Miz. Then on that Raw (the awful one that I was at), Sin Cara splats his head on the ground for Jack Swagger, Claudio was replaced with Wade in a feud with Miz, and Claudio did a 5 minute job to ADR.

That was 3 weeks before WM. Instead of going with the feud that had been going on since the Rumble and was logical to end at WM, they decided to do Miz/Wade and Claudio/Cara one night? They should have kept Miz/Claudio (even though the story would end with Miz beating him at WM, which is gross), and had Wade go with Jericho. That seemed to be what they were building to next, but then Fandango gets put there instead. Wade desperately needs a high profile and decisive win. Fandango is never going to be a main event gimmick. Him beating Jericho won't really matter in the long run, but it could help salvage Wade's floundering career a bit. Wade can still be a top level guy. I don't think Johnny Curtis is getting near the main events with a Dancing with the Stars gimmick.

Kaladin

Who is watching PWS Supercard Night 1?

GUEST PWS COMMISSIONER Big Van Vader, APPEARANCE BY WRESTLING LEGEND Superstar Billy Graham, THE FINAL APPEARANCE EVER OF The Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff

GUEST PWS COMMISSIONER
Big Van Vader

APPEARANCE BY WRESTLING LEGEND
Superstar Billy Graham

THE FINAL APPEARANCE EVER OF
The Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff

PWS TITLE MATCH
Colt Cabana vs Kevin Matthews (c)

PWS TRI STATE TITLE MATCH
Starman vs Alex Reynolds (c)

FIRST TIME EVER MATCH
John Morrison vs “The Pope” Elijah Burke

PWS TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
The Phat Pack (c) vs Black Hollywood vs
South Side Playaz Club with Shelly Martinez &
Amber O’Neal vs D-Struction & Seduction

TAG TEAM DREAM MATCH
Rock N Roll Express vs The Briscoes

SINGLES ACTION
Trent Barreta vs Sonjay Dutt

DREAM FIGHT
Dan Maff vs Kevin Steen

DREAM FIGHT
Davey Richards vs Anthony Nese

ALL OUT WAR HARDCORE SCRAMBLE
Apollyon vs Devon Moore vs Lucifer Darksyde
vs Necro Butcher vs New Jack vs
The Sheik vs Tommy Dreamer

OPEN CHALLENGE
??? vs Simon Dean

PLUS A 30 MAN RUMBLE MATCH
participants will be announced soon

DREAM FIGHT!

Kaladin

Nope, not me. The card is pretty random. Also, Liger got added to the Richards vs Nese 'Dream Fight', since Extreme Rising cancelled their shows.

I'm not either....the only stuff that interests me from PWS is on night two with Liger vs Morrison and Necro vs New Jack.

Alucard

Banned
Apparently, Vince is big on the Fandango character, which is why he's getting a push right now.

I'm pumped for Mania week. Looking forward to reading about all the indy stuff and watching parts of Mania itself.

Vince is always big on joke characters that can't possibly amount to anything because that way they don't have to think about long term booking.

Just got home form work, T minus eight hours until I leave for Wrestle Mania!!!!!!

edit.

Awesome podcast called "The Mandible Claw" featuring the publisher of The Atomic Elbow that tries to explain what the heck is going with CHIKARA this season.... or maybe not happening. Here is their description of the episode.

This week, Robert Newsome – zine producer, podcaster, potential crazy person – returns for his second stab at podcasting here at The Mandible Claw. Robert and Danielle discuss Condor Security, time travel, and what on earth the Swamp Monster has to do with this, and why he’s so important. I hope you brought your crazy pants, because it’s time to put them on and start listening!

http://themandibleclaw.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/the-mandible-claw-chikara-special-1-21-jigsaws/

UberTag

With all of the live wrestling action unfolding I'm heading over to a co-worker's house tomorrow night to catch... the tape-delayed TNA XTravaganza pay-per-view from this past January.

Really? REALLY? All of this live action on WrestleMania weekend and I'm watching a card from almost three months ago.

<shakes head>

strobogo

Banned
ecwontnn.tumblr.com

ECW on TNN 11/12/99

Full results of November to Remember 1999

Spike Dudley defeated Simon Diamond
Little Guido defeated Nova
Jerry Lynn defeated Yoshihiro Tajiri and Super Crazy
Da Baldies defeated New Jack and The Hardcore Chair Swingin' Freaks
Sabu defeated Chris Candido
Mike Awesome defeated Masato Tanaka to retain the ECW World Heavyweight Championship
Rhino and The Impact Players defeated Raven, Tommy Dreamer, and The Sandman
Rob Van Dam defeated Taz to retain the ECW World Television Championship

I'm sure the next month will be this show played in chunks.

TO THE BACK. The Impact Players arrive. Jason warns them that Sandman is going crazy. Rhino says he's going to shove that stick up Sandman's ass. Lance and Dawn decide they don't want to deal with that shit and leave.

Show run down. Tajiri vs Super Crazy, comments from Raisin, and highlights from November to Remember.

TO THE SHOWER. Dreamer does a Raven parody promo. Then headbutts a paper towel dispenser until he bled.

Steve Corino vs Jerry Lynn

74lynhL.png

Corino says he's been working with a broken appendix for 9 months. While holding his chest. Basically to call Jerry a pussy for making a big deal out of working hurt. Jerry runs out and beats the shit out of Steve for the opening minutes. Goes to the floor where Steve goes into some guard rails and a chair. Jack Victory gets out of the wheel chair and grabs Jerry, which was enough to get a chair shot to the ribs. Steve goes to to work on the ribs, including a Russian leg sweep on a chair. Jerry hits the cradle piledriver for the win. Tajiri comes out after and mists Jerry. He then repeatedly kicks Jerry in the ribs while Victory holds him. Super Crazy comes out for the save. Jerry attacks Crazy since he can't see and they fight.

Still to come, Raven's comments and Rhino vs Sandman.

TO THE BACK. Cyrus is on the phone talking about changing stuff on the show, including making Paul E. look less fat on TV. Creative is happy with Joey, but aren't too pleased with Joel. He has heat with the boys because he has paid no dues and puts himself over at the expense of the talent. Joel might be getting fired soon. Joey trolls Joel with more office talk.

via Imgflip GIF Generator

Tajiri vs Super Crazy

Starts off with a wacky lucha RESPECK stand off. Except Tajiri kicks Crazy in the head instead of shaking his hand. Lol. He follows it up with a plancha over the ring post. They go into the crowd where Crazy does a moonsault IN the stands.

They get back in the ring where Tajiri does the tarantula, and Crazy does the rolling Romero Special. Jerry comes in and attacks Tajiri. Crazy attacks Jerry, so he hits a cradle piledriver on him. Tajiri pins him after a standing moonsault. You'd think they would understand that Jerry couldn't see earlier, considering his whole face and chest were all green and whatnot.

Rhino vs The Sandman

Corino says Rhino is The Next Big Thing. Brock fully replaced Rhino in Paul E.'s life. Sandman was in great shape for Sandman, but not enough that he should have been going shirtless.

TO THE BACK.
Balls and Axl have a promo about Da Baldies during Sandman's entrance. Da Baldies were hiding in the bathroom stalls and attacked.

2oaYofA.png

Lol, Rhino GORES Sandman while he's drinking another beer. He then hits a powerslam. Rhino was so fucking wide. It goes to the floor where Sandman gets on offense. Back in the ring, he takes time to soak in some "Welcome Back" chants. Heinekenranna.

Sandman was always surprisingly athletic for a dude who drinks 4-5 beers before a match, chain smoked, was a drug addict, and always had a pronounced gut. I remember him clearing the top rope like a hurdle on a regular basis just to hit someone with a cane. A chair is in the ring. Rhino does a spinebuster on it, but misses a diving headbutt on it. Corino comes in with the cane and gets a White Russian Legsweep. Sandman hits Rhino a few times and then is ambushed by Justin and Jason. Dream comes to his aid. Raven comes down to make the save. There were questions as to if he had intentionally cost Sandman the match at N2R or not. Raven helps Tommy up. Sandman beats the fuck out of Raven with the cane. Tommy eventually pulls him off.

TO THE BACK.
Raven whines that he did the right thing and Tommy let the drunk beat him up. Daddy beat him up for getting an A-. Poor bitchy Raisin. This is actually terrible. He has the whiniest voice, even for him, and just repeats "I did the right thing, Tommy" over and over.

Bowser

Claudio not having anything to do because Sin Cara botched himself doesn't make any sense, because before that Raw, Miz and Claudio had been in a feud for 2 and a half months. He had a program going with Miz. Then on that Raw (the awful one that I was at), Sin Cara splats his head on the ground for Jack Swagger, Claudio was replaced with Wade in a feud with Miz, and Claudio did a 5 minute job to ADR.

That was 3 weeks before WM. Instead of going with the feud that had been going on since the Rumble and was logical to end at WM, they decided to do Miz/Wade and Claudio/Cara one night? They should have kept Miz/Claudio (even though the story would end with Miz beating him at WM, which is gross), and had Wade go with Jericho. That seemed to be what they were building to next, but then Fandango gets put there instead. Wade desperately needs a high profile and decisive win. Fandango is never going to be a main event gimmick. Him beating Jericho won't really matter in the long run, but it could help salvage Wade's floundering career a bit. Wade can still be a top level guy. I don't think Johnny Curtis is getting near the main events with a Dancing with the Stars gimmick.

A friend asked to share this with you guys:

WWL UPDATED DEBUT CARD & TITLE BELTS PRESENTED

By Jose Perez www.pwinsider.com
World Wrestling League (WWL)

World Wrestling League issued a press release earlier this week with an updated line-up of what their debut card will look for the event “WWL’s: Idols of Wrestling”.

The card has suffered very few minor tweaks in terms of the talent and some matches, but I have to say that it is still a loaded show and the best part about it is that fans should get to see a ton of action with fresh match-ups and an array of different wrestling styles. The updated debut lineup:

*Ricky “El Mesias” Banderas vs “Texano Jr” (c) – AAA Mega Championship match

*Blue Demon Jr. vs Oliver John (c) – California’s New Revolution World title match

*20 Man Battle Royal to crown the first WWL World Champion featuring Bobby Lashley, Prince Al Farat and more names to be announced.

*TNA Superstars in action: Samoa Joe & “Scrap Iron” Adam Pearce vs “Bad Influence” - Kazarian & Christopher Daniels

*“Cowboy” James Storm vs Bobby Roode

*Ivelisse Velez vs Alyssa Flash – PWR Women’s World title match

*Monster Pain w/ Mistress Glenda Lee vs Giant Demento

*“Los Mamitos” Sexy B. & Mr. E. vs “Los Mega-10” Panama-Jack Daniels & Mega-Star

*Mini’s in action: Mini Chupa-Cabra vs Mini Pierroth

* In a wrestling classic: Steve Corino vs Colt Cabana

*Rico Cassanova (c) vs “Tokyo Monster” Kahagas – DWE World title match

*Deadly Fatal Four-Way – For Mexico’s ZERO 1 title: “Hijo de Rey Mysterio” vs Octagon Jr vs Axel “El Nieto del Santo” vs “El Sicodelico Jr.”

*Mexico’s “Royal Air Force” - Laredo Kid, “Hombre Sin Miedo” & Estelaris vs “Mr 450” Hammett, Noriega & “Lince Dorado”

*Hercules Gomez (c) vs “Face of Fear” Ash – Pennsylvania WXW title match

*“S.A.T’s” Joel Savinovich & Jose Cabrera vs Erick Scorpion & Michael Tarver

*Cruzz (c) vs “License to Thrill” Nick Romano – Mid-West US title match

Of course, you can order the WWL iPPV by clicking here (http://highspots.tv/ippv-wwl-idols-of-wrestling-04-21-2013 ). TNA talent matches will not stream on iPPV.

Via their Twitter and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/wwlmundial) pages, WWL has released photos of what will be their World Title and World Tag Team Titles, which they received this week.

Last week TV episode has been their best TV show to date. The show included the first match between Ricky “El Mesias” Banderas and “El Texano Jr.”, which took place last December in Mexico and where “Texano Jr.” became AAA’s Mega Heavyweight champion for the first time. You can watch this episode here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ItiKzj1yw&feature=player_embedded&list=UUSZ4nPk-ScSXejAshEng7MQ

Kaladin

What is up with the knockouts ref being a cabana boy?

Edit: Almost didn't recognize Joey Ryan as the ref.....that explains things.

Top Bottom