• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Really great match between Jessie McKay & Madison Eagles.

They did this sweet spot where McKay had Eagles in a waist-lock, and when Madison went to cartwheel through, Jessie cartwheeled with her and kept the hold.

Finish came when
Jessie went for a reverse rana, but Eagles countered it into Hell Bound
!

Fine. Post your gifs then!

ih9Qnw5rCTKLX.gif

Jesus, LuFisto seemingly killing herself with that wiffed moonsault to the outside and then her delivering a burning hammer when she appeared to be totally out of it was terrifying. Good match other than that.

MoosiferX

Any of you peoples watching New Japan's Invasion Attack tonight? We're having a little viewing party with friends. What with all this wrasslin' I'm finally getting swept up in the so called "Wrestlemania Fever" a bit. *blush*

What are the chances that Okada sneaks away with the title?

Jesus, LuFisto seemingly killing herself with that wiffed moonsault to the outside and then her delivering a burning hammer when she appeared to be totally out of it was terrifying. Good match other than that.

You could tell they changed the finish up on the fly, Nakagawa seemed confused as what to do - really hope LuFisto is okay, as that was a super-scary bump.

Any of you peoples watching New Japan's Invasion Attack tonight? We're having a little viewing party with friends. What with all this wrasslin' I'm finally getting swept up in the so called "Wrestlemania Fever" a bit. *blush*

Yep, I'll be watching! I'd say there's a good chance Okada wins it - losing 3 times in a row to Tanahashi would kill his momentum, and if he wins they'll be 2-2, setting up for a 5th match to decide the series in the future.

I think they're kinda stalling for time until Naito is back from injury, then they'll go with Naito vs Tanahashi and Nakamura vs Okada.

Athena vs Hamada was AWESOME! Great match that saw the veteran Hamada lay a hell of a beating on Athena,
but 'The Wrestling Goddess' fought back and hit the O-Face out of nowhere to score the biggest win of her young career
!

We're at a mini-intermission now, while they set up the cage for the main event as 'Sweet' Saraya Knight defends the SHIMMER title against Cheerleader Melissa!

Also, Prazak said on commentary that LuFisto has a knee injury, but no word on how serious it may or may not be.

tm24

Wrassle-Gaf also doubles as Okada-Gaf and Nakamura-Gaf

Great show overall, although the crowd seemed a bit burnt out towards the end - loved Athena vs Hamada, Saraya vs Melissa and Mercedes vs Ayumi. Good stuff.

Hey, Mecha - was that you who got slapped by Saraya post match? Lol, I couldn't quite make it out.

Congratulations to Cheerleader Melissa on becoming the 1st ever 2-time SHIMMER champion
! http://i1.minus.com/iKapGxPcbd1O6.jpg

Great show overall, although the crowd seemed a bit burnt out towards the end - loved Athena vs Hamada, Saraya vs Melissa and Mercedes vs Ayumi. Good stuff.

Hey, Mecha - was that you who got slapped by Saraya post match? Lol, I couldn't quite make it out.

Congratulations to Cheerleader Melissa on becoming the 1st ever 2-time SHIMMER champion
! http://i1.minus.com/iKapGxPcbd1O6.jpg

D7349D58-6E31-43D8-8380-2195665C7DEC-1031-000000743A2511EC_zps73d70c3e.jpg

Don't mess with Night!

Hahaha, like clockwork!

You must have gotten belted pretty hard, there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I got caught up in some bullshit and had to cut my viewing of Shimmer short, 1/3rd in :/ Now I gotta wait for on-demand! :( Looks like an awesome show.

strobogo

Banned
Fucking Michael Hayes, wearing a god damn fanny pack with a suit! Has anyone ever told him he's a fat old white guy, not a cool suave black guy and can't pull of zoot/pimp suits of various pastels? Someone desperately needs to.

Also, who exactly is Shimmer marketed towards? I assume men, right? Joshi was mostly for young women, right?

*edit, seems Samuray Del Sol won't be on the DGUSA show tonight;

"@BookItGabe: Samuray Del Sol has a bruised hip after last night. Gonna give him night off to rest and ice it. Hopeful for return tomorrow."

Also, who exactly is Shimmer marketed towards? I assume men, right? Joshi was mostly for young women, right?

Originally joshi's audience wasn't all that separate from mainstream wrestling in Japan, but the success of the Beauty Pair as, not only wrestling stars, but as pop-culture stars during the 70's (and the Crush Gals during the 80's) brought in huge audiences of young females that hadn't shown much interest in wrestling before. They began to cater more to the wrestling audience again towards the end of the 80's once the Crush Gals retired. As for SHIMMER, I'd say they're marketed towards indy wrestling fans, I don't really know if it's marketing is so overtly pointed at either gender.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
any possible cena heel turn would just be a work and turn right back into

JUS' KIDDING GUISE I NEVER TURN MY BACK ON THE DOUBLE-YOUEEE YUNAVERSE!!

*edit, seems Samuray Del Sol won't be on the DGUSA show tonight;

"@BookItGabe: Samuray Del Sol has a bruised hip after last night. Gonna give him night off to rest and ice it. Hopeful for return tomorrow."

That's too bad. I hope he recovers soon. I ordered tonight's show just to see him, but I'm sure that the rest of the card will be entertaining as well.

any possible cena heel turn would just be a work and turn right back into

JUS' KIDDING GUISE I NEVER TURN MY BACK ON THE DOUBLE-YOUEEE YUNAVERSE!!

God help me, I read it in his voice in my head.

MoosiferX

Yep, I'll be watching! I'd say there's a good chance Okada wins it - losing 3 times in a row to Tanahashi would kill his momentum, and if he wins they'll be 2-2, setting up for a 5th match to decide the series in the future.

I think they're kinda stalling for time until Naito is back from injury, then they'll go with Naito vs Tanahashi and Nakamura vs Okada.

Awesome ~ I'd really love to see him get the win. Assuming he gets the W, are you suggesting he and Nakamura would feud for the belt? Belt vs. Belt (assuming Nakamura still has his). That'd be entertaining!

Awesome ~ I'd really love to see him get the win. Assuming he gets the W, are you suggesting he and Nakamura would feud for the belt? Belt vs. Belt (assuming Nakamura still has his). That'd be entertaining!

Yeah, I think a Nakamura/Okada feud has to coming at some point over control of the CHAOS faction, but I'm not sure when they'll pull the trigger - belt vs belt would be really cool, though. I really think it all depends on when Naito returns, as they were really building towards him vs Tanahashi before he got injured. Hopefully he'll have returned in time for the G1 tournament in August.

Anth0ny

Cena is already a heel to people that see him as a heel

Exactly.

I don't think people want him to turn heel more than they want him to... lose. Put other talent over once in a while. I still don't understand why he beat Brock at Extreme Rules clean last year.

But maybe that's precisely what makes him a heel in the first place?

welp

DMczaf

Exactly.

I don't think people want him to turn heel more than they want him to... lose. Put other talent over once in a while. I still don't understand why he beat Brock at Extreme Rules clean last year.

But maybe that's precisely what makes him a heel in the first place?

welp

He won because something something going to take a vacation now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena is already a heel to people that see him as a heel

Yes, but at least when he turns the commentators don't have to pretend we all love
to hate
him. He can be a heel and earn his boos, instead of getting "fuck you Cena" boos.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
it's the complete opposite of Stone Cold who was a heel but cheered anyway.

Stone Cold beat up refs, cheated, and cut promos on faces.

He didn't do anything worthy of a face pop until he saved Stephanie

ecurbj

I'm not sure if I was imagining or not but I remember someone posting that there is a Wrestlemania 29 music set list. Does anyone have this list or was I making this up, lol?

Some spoilers coming out of the ROH TV taping and CHIKARA DVD taping today;

ROH -

Mark Briscoe wins a TV Title shot against Matt Taven at the Border Wars iPPV next month
Steen singles out Hardy as the reason he lost the belt and says he wants him gone from SCUM, but SCUM turn on Steen
!
Jay Lethal & Michael Elgin vs SCUM is set for Border Wars - if SCUM wins, Hardy gets a title shot and Corino joins the commentary team, but if Lethal & Elgin win Corino is gone from ROH
!

CHIKARA -

Dissension in F.I.S.T. as two factions emerge, Dunkerton & Icarus and Gargano & Taylor, who get into it with Icarus post-match after he taps Akuma with the CHIKARA special
Wink retroactively awards the Colony X-Treme Force the 2011 King of Trios! The real Colony are pissed
Missile Assault Ant unmasked Frightmare and rolled him up for the win! Soldier Ant is infuriated and leaves them celebrating in the ring

strobogo

Banned
April Wrasslin |OT| Gimme Back My Bullets

Whichever one was formed by guys who felt they'd been disrespected or overlooked by the promotion they were in - so, A8, I guess, but not as abysmal.

It looks like a terrible group. Corino, Jimmy Jacobs, Jimmy Rave, Rhino, and Matt Hardy? In 2013? For real? A8 sounds better.

Top Bottom