• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mkracfjzUH1rb9mspo2_500.png
lol

The EVOLVE show, which sucks, as it's probably their biggest show to date.

WWNLive have had problems of this very nature in the past and ROH had that awful run of iPPV failures - you'd think suitable internet access would be a no.1 priority when looking for a building to stream a show from.

*edit, scratch that - apparently it's the same building PWS ran an iPPV out of last night, so it's more likely a case of more connections than WWNLive expected.

Fix'd.
It was a different building than pws, even a different town. They do test when location scouting and before hand. Issues happen.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
god damn

the voice overs on smackdown that they obviously did yesterday sounds like shit

Seriously, it's just weird that the crowd is sitting about a row or so back from the actual barricade.

The barriers are shit and keep shifting. They move and get pulled around every hot. They're scary.

Was that MechaShiva I just saw shaking AR Fox's hand?

Good show, when it worked, now on to ROH!
Yessir!
Mecha, how long and how much does it suck to learn to take ass bumps? They seem like the worst bumps to take. I've fallen on my stomach. I've fallen on my back. I used to do flip bumps for fun. Even slowly falling on my ass hurts my whole body for hours. I can't imagine guys doing top rope leg drops for years.
I
Hate
Butt
Bumps.
I'm a big guy at 290 and that's just too much coming down. Some guys it doesn't really bother but for me I fully avoid them.

During Danny Havoc vs Younger Lucky 13 was completely bombed at ringside. Line of the night was one of the guys got hip tossed over the barrier onto concrete and 13 said very loudly
"There's no mats why wou you guys call that spot?"
Also Kaiju was a very fun night cap. Very sorry to hear about stream issues. Sal was still working on shit after Kaiju ended so hopefully it's all clear tomorrow.

jobber

HBK is going to mercy kill Triple H...like Brock is going to beat Triple H so bad, HBK gives scm to Triple H so Brock won't kill him.

HBK and Triple H have their last match ever on an episode of Main Event in June.

Is Shine a good way to dip my toe in if I haven't watched much women's wrestling? Or should I watch the upcoming Shimmer event?

The SHIMMER show would probably be a good place to start, as it's not really that storyline focussed and concentrates more on using the belt talent - the only major storyline is really about Cheerleader Melissa trying to get her belt back. SHINE is great, too, but they're trying to focus more on building storylines and characters and I wouldn't say the match quality is quite up to par with SHIMMER, as of yet. Still worth checking out, though.

They do test when location scouting and before hand. Issues happen.

True enough, but it just sucks those issues had to happen on the biggest show of the year for EVOLVE. Still haven't seen anything but the finish from the opening match. Also, was the crowd as bad live as it sounded on iPPV? During AR Fox vs Ricochet everything sounded so muted, despite the fact that both guys were damn near killing themselves, and the crowd only seemed into it on some big, crazy dive or bump.

Jamie OD

Don't have much time but let me just say how incredible ROH was in the Hammerstein Ballroom last night. It will be hard for any of the non-Mania shows this weekend to beat that experience.

Today: Axxess, Shimmer (Kana!), Chikara (Yay!) and the Hall of Fame.

Yeah, he did, and that was only about 2/3rds of the way in - at some point with ROH you just have to accept that there's going to be a ton of moves. The match was crazy awesome despite that, went about 18 minutes long, but felt more like 10 - the finish was complete overkill, though.
Elgin hit a super powerbomb, a backfist, a buckle bomb and his spinning powerbomb for the 3-count

Yeah, he did, and that was only about 2/3rds of the way in - at some point with ROH you just have to accept that there's going to be a ton of moves. The match was crazy awesome despite that, went about 18 minutes long, but felt more like 10 - the finish was complete overkill, though.
Elgin hit a super powerbomb, a backfist, a buckle bomb and his spinning powerbomb for the 3-count

That's just too much. Just as bad as Cena kicking out of finishers. Too many moves undermines the significance and can begin to mute the crowd's reaction. Ho-hum, he did a chain of three amigos into power bomb into lion tamer into perfect plex and were only 2 minutes into the match.

ic0vXmHuB3Sau.gif

That's just too much. Just as bad as Cena kicking out of finishers. Too many moves undermines the significance and can begin to mute the crowd's reaction.

Indy crowds have come to expect that, though, and the crowd was pretty damn amped all night (although they clearly wore themselves out towards the end). The predominant style in US indy wrestling nowadays calls for lots of moves, strike exchanges, stand-off's and near-falls - Lethal was always kicking out in that example I posted above, as none of those moves were Elgin's finisher and I can guarantee that the crowd would have been confused had the match ended there.

Kaladin

So with what I saw of Kaiju Big Battel, I don't think that's for me. I'm sure there is an audience for it, and I'm sure it's fun live but there has to be somewhere you draw the line, and I think for me that is wrestlers dressed in giant monster costumes tearing up a model city in a wrestling ring.

jobber

So with what I saw of Kaiju Big Battel, I don't think that's for me. I'm sure there is an audience for it, and I'm sure it's fun live but there has to be somewhere you draw the line, and I think for me that is wrestlers dressed in giant monster costumes tearing up a model city in a wrestling ring.

it's real

things can happen

i think some company going to do a vgcw theme show with people dressed like video game characters

Some New Japan gifs, definitely check out KES vs Nakamura & Ishii and the Devitt vs Alex Shelley match - Shelley is such an underrated technical wrestler. Would love for him to be able to show that style off more often.

Huge suicide dive from Shelley;

ibaSNj3hRBpROU.gif

Devitt kicks Shelley's face off with a big dropkick on the floor;

i4FIvmKvTXF4T.gif

Awesome backdrop driver to Tomohiro Ishii from Davey Boy Jr;

igc9CEUHUm5b2.gif

Ishii escapes the clutches of Davey Boy Jr, only to run into Lance Archer and the Killer Bomb!

i7mzSSVuMSCJz.gif

Maria is still the best.

Amen to that.

http://i2.minus.com/iTRj3JorQkX2u.jpg

looooool @ review a mania

first 5 minutes is godlike

I do love their dynamic together.

Wai Ting in the exchange with the drunks is hilarious.

The cab ride...

Can't wait to hear day 2. Unfortunately, I know the LAW is going to be a cynical complain fest thanks to Jason Agnew.

Kaladin

I don't think I'm gonna watch Shimmer live. I'll catch up on it sometime this afternoon. Hopefully it is up by 5 so I can watch it before Dragon Gate tonight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Rock on the WWE 2K14 game cover confirmed

Damn!

Rock confirmed winning tonight! I'm with FE on this one even though he's playing the whole "penis hiding inside itself" routine on the #heel/#face choice.

Mia Yim vs Awesome Kong was a great opening match, Mia looked great here, hitting a HUGE German suplex on Kong at one point!
Kong hits a backfist and Mia kicks out, but can't avoid the sit-out powerbomb. Kong wins

Serena!! Looking fine.

*edit, oh wow, Jessicka Havoc in SHIMMER!

Havoc attacks Serena from behind, along with Nevaeah & Sassy Stephie, but Allison Danger & Leva Bates make the save, setting up Serena & Regeneration-X vs Havoc, Nevaeah & Stephie later on!

Veda Scott & Shazza McKenzie vs Cherry Bomb & Kimber Lee up now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
HAVOC! HAVOC~! HACOBOCOXICC

EDIT: Kimber Lee is really, really good.

She really is, hope we get to see her in a singles match at the SHIMMER DVD tapings next week.

I liked that 5-way match, Kalamity and Evie in particular looked great.

Ayumi Kurihara's last US match next, as she faces Mercedes Martinez!

Lol, Silent Leva;

ibkoIwkzIKL4ZJ.gif

Prazak said on commentary that there's over 700 people in attendance! Has to be the biggest women's show in the US since the later days of the LPWA in the early 90's.

Ayumi vs Mercedes was great, best match so far.

tm24

I still cant believe Jay Briscoe is the ROH champ. I freaking love it. I,m pretty sure its a thank you run and theyll give it to Elgin in about 4 months, but still, one of Dem Boys is the holder of one of the most respected belts in the US

We were mod-warned about re-quoting those gifs, btw.

tm24 said:
I still cant believe Jay Briscoe is the ROH champ. I freaking love it. I,m pretty sure its a thank you run and theyll give it to Elgin in about 4 months, but still, one of Dem Boys is the holder of one of the most respected belts in the US

Yeah, I'm real happy for Jay, he totally deserves it - I just hope his run last more than a couple of iPPVs. The next challenger is Adam Cole in Toronto next month, while Elgin won a title shot last night.

Jessicka Havoc just fucking ruined Leva Bates with a chokeslam, goddamn.

Madison Eagles vs Jessie McKay up next!

Top Bottom