• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Laserfrog

I made some horse art
BHNKhpICcAEOMmc.jpg

tm24

Spent the last 4 hours trying to install my CM Hyper 212 Evo in my PC. Took forever, then the ram was being all finicky. Glad i finished before DGUSA took to the air

It looks like a terrible group. Corino, Jimmy Jacobs, Jimmy Rave, Rhino, and Matt Hardy? In 2013? For real? A8 sounds better.

Aces & Eights have Anderson, that's -1000 points automatically. Corino's more of the mouth piece of SCUM, which is fine. Rhino is (surprisingly) still pretty good. No, really. Compton and, moreso, Hardy get automatic heat from the ROH crowd and (crow all you like) provide name recognition for casual fans. Jacobs, Titus & Rave are just kinda 'there', but fit in with the whole 'discarded by ROH' motivation of the group. Also, SCUM has the distinct advantage of not turning into a convoluted, overbooked mess, as of yet.

Kaladin

Dragon Gate USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. Shingo

Open The United Gate Tag Team Title Match
CIMA & AR Fox defend vs. The Young Bucks

Grudge Match
Samuray Del Sol vs. Jon Davis

Special Attraction Match #1
Akira Tozawa vs. Ricochet

Special Attraction Match #2
Sami Callihan vs. Uhaa Nation

Special Attraction Match #3
Brian Kendrick vs. Rich Swann

Special Tag Team Attraction Match
The Super Smash Brothers vs. EITA & CIMA's Secret Weapon

Six Way Freestyle
Chuck Taylor vs. Arik Cannon vs. Jigsaw vs. Tony Nese vs. Fire Ant vs. Shane Strickland

Plus: The Scene of Scott Reed & Caleb Konley with Larry Dallas & Trina Michaels

Samuray Del Sol is out tonight due to injury, will be back tomorrow.

strobogo

Banned
Aces & Eights have Anderson, that's -1000 points automatically. Corino's more of the mouth piece of SCUM, which is fine. Rhino is (surprisingly) still pretty good. No, really. Compton and, moreso, Hardy get automatic heat from the ROH crowd and (crow all you like) provide name recognition for casual fans. Jacobs, Titus & Rave are just kinda 'there', but fit in with the whole 'discarded by ROH' motivation of the group. Also, SCUM has the distinct advantage of not turning into a convoluted, overbooked mess, as of yet.

I'm sure, it being ROH, that SCUM will be around for the next 8 years.

Kaladin

Dragon Gate USA is really one of the highlights of Mania weekend for me. It has been ever since I saw the Dragon Gate six man live in Orlando during Mania 24 weekend.

I'm just hoping Gargano doesn't overcome the odds. Again.

Also really looking forward to Tozawa vs Ricochet.

tm24 said:
Outside of the original faction wars and the Aries reign, thats not really the case

I'd also say that Nigel's title reign went too long for such an unsatisfactory pay-off.

Kaladin

You could say Steen's title reign went on a bit long, but I'd wager they had Generico penciled in as the next champ till he signed with WWE. The payoff sounds like it will be fun though.

I think Steen's title reign suffered from a lack of established competitors. It should probably have ended with Elgin - seemed like Cornette was really behind him for the first half of last year, but then kinda backed off. I'm certain Cornette really wanted Lethal to take the title, though, so I'm thankful that didn't come to pass.

*edit, DGUSA is live!

Kaladin

I think Steen's title reign suffered from a lack of established competitors. It should probably have ended with Elgin - seemed like Cornette was really behind him for the first half of last year, but then kinda backed off. I'm certain Cornette really wanted Lethal to take the title, though, so I'm thankful that didn't come to pass.

*edit, DGUSA is live!

They had nowhere to go storyline wise with Elgin or Lethal. At least with Jay Briscoe, he's old school ROH and they can go with ROH defeating SCUM with him winning the belt.

Why are their live mics always so freakin hot?

strobogo

Banned
I'm not talking about just stables, I'm talking about normal angles that go on forever. Like Tyler Black's run to the title, the Cabana/Homicide thing that wasn't good and went on way too long, Raven vs Punk that really should have ended with Dreamer and Raven uniting to pour beer all over Punk, but actually ended with a cage match that was so shitty they had to extend the feud for another 3 months to have another one, and on and on. I don't think ROH ever had a feud that went just right in terms of length.

Kaladin

I think Swann was eating the mic too. Also, love your comment on the stream, Stall Night long!

They should make them all watch Chris Jericho hold a mic on his lower lip while cutting a promo. The man does it perfectly.

Also, am I the only one who gives no fucks about Brian Kendrick in the indies?

I don't think ROH ever had a feud that went just right in terms of length.

There's been plenty of feuds that went the perfect length. CZW vs ROH, for one. Steen vs Generico. Danielson vs Homicide. Aries' rise to the top. Generation Next vs The Embassy. BJ Whitmer vs Jimmy Jacobs.

strobogo

Banned
I'll give you CZW/ROH. That was the last thing from them I enjoyed. Anything with Jimmy Jacobs cosplaying as Raven has been awful, though.

strobogo

Banned
I thought it was terrible. Everything post HUSS Jimmy Jacobs I hated. Including Jimmy Loves Lacey and all that. Jimmy Jacobs was a big reason why I stopped watching ROH.

Cagey

Banned

From Hammerstein last night, Matt Hardy is the perfect heel for ROH. The problem with ROH crowds, NYC in particular, is that the crowd cheers the most enjoyable wrestlers. Heels can't get over and then stay heel without resorting to cheap heat or "go away" heat.

Matt Hardy can't possibly become a face to the crowd. Given that he's playing a heel and getting that "go away" heat, all he has to do is play into how much the crowd thinks he's a piece of shit.

Top Bottom