• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Heroman

Banned
Er, Battleground? Perhaps not...

Both wrong.
il_570xN.710697926_b17u.jpg
how cool are macho man sunglasses?

bjork

Help me out Wrasslegaf, I can't decide.

Should I get these Gascans where I prefer the frame design of black and white ghost text

HcCS1NP.png

iguBmwL.png

Or the Batwolf where I prefer the all in one lens design look, but they only do black and gold ghost text

2ciDOG4.png

aWQmCDr.png

Neither, do you want sunglasses or ski goggles?

Ray-Ban Baloramas 4 lyfe

Browny

Banned

Should I get these Gascans where I prefer the frame design of black and white ghost text

Or the Batwolf where I prefer the all in one lens design look, but they only do black and gold ghost text

You need to ask yourself - what would a real movie star wear?

7d50f7d1e2ffc7044ff9b19df5826d65_original.jpg

You're welcome.

HcCS1NP.png

iguBmwL.png

2ciDOG4.png

aWQmCDr.png

First ones are better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They'll bring back Tough Enough and Diva Search yet I can't get a new season of Confidential, the best WWE tv show ever.

Why the FUCK did they change Adrian Neville's name to just Neville? Cesaro and Rusev are complete-sounding names on their own, but "Neville" just sounds dumb as a wrestling character's name.

cdViking

Raw yesterday was flawed, but given the tour stuff, I'm really excited with where they're going (or at least, more excited than I have been in a long time).

The IC belt is starting to seem important now that it's not getting stolen 5x every show; Cena is doing work with the US belt, making midcard guys look good and delivering U-S-A promos that fit him well; Neville faces the champ in his second match and isn't booked like a chump; Rollins is awesome.

Hell, even the tag division is looking better and better, with no sign of the Usos, Kidd/Cesaro holding the belts, Lucha Dragons having a couple of decent matches, PTP getting promo time, and the New Day going heel.

They still have serious issues with most of the top of the card, but SHOCKINGLY, set up the low- and mid- card with awesome stuff, and they can do whatever dumb shit they want at the top while still having a much better show overall.

Also, to turn New Day heel and then have them face the babyface lucha tag team that kinda HAS to win because they're being built up is dumb. A New Day heel turn could be great, but you take the wind out of their sails when they're just as jobberific as heels.

Toki767

Why the FUCK did they change Adrian Neville's name to just Neville? Cesaro and Rusev are complete-sounding names on their own, but "Neville" just sounds dumb as a wrestling character's name.

Antonio, Alexander, Adrian.

Maybe Vince thinks every person with a name starting with the letter A sounds too much like a girl.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why do women in WWE tend to be associated with their first name where as men tend to be associated with their last?

Cagey

Banned
Raw yesterday was flawed, but given the tour stuff, I'm really excited with where they're going (or at least, more excited than I have been in a long time).

The IC belt is starting to seem important now that it's not getting stolen 5x every show; Cena is doing work with the US belt, making midcard guys look good and delivering U-S-A promos that fit him well; Neville faces the champ in his second match and isn't booked like a chump; Rollins is awesome.

Hell, even the tag division is looking better and better, with no sign of the Usos, Kidd/Cesaro holding the belts, Lucha Dragons having a couple of decent matches, PTP getting promo time, and the New Day going heel.

They still have serious issues with most of the top of the card, but SHOCKINGLY, set up the low- and mid- card with awesome stuff, and they can do whatever dumb shit they want at the top while still having a much better show overall.

Cena with the US belt has been really enjoyable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why do women in WWE tend to be associated with their first name where as men tend to be associated with their last?

Patriarchal dominance. The last name being the more significant one being the problem. Suggesting that women and who they" belong" to could be anyone. Easier for young admirers to imagine "Emma Wilson and Jimmy Wilson" or "Paige Wilson and Jimmy Wilson"

Basically meninist bullshit.

Toki767

It's been that way since the 80s. Not sure why they do it, other than to make the men seem larger than life and the women seem attainable or something.

Also it seems like a lot of men in wrestling have the same first name vs women having the same first name.

Top Bottom