• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Gonna need a gif

I don't have that one, I have this one though:

tumblr_nmg1oz6jmp1ruwc07o1_500.gif

I think it was an older version of that weird "We need a hispanic dude for hispanic fans" concept, and Pedro Morales was already moved/moving on. He always seemed a little too forced in his promos for me. A solid wrestler and probably a nice dude, but even when they brought him back with the matador outfit and stuff, I'm with you. Not really into it too much.

Ah that makes some sense when you think about it from that point of view.

A+++++++++++++++++++++

amazing! Love theyre reunited!

For someone trying to push a social justice posting gimmick I'm shocked you didn't realize the PTP's "nappy" shit is probably the most terrifyingly racist-ass bullshit the WWE's done in a long, long time. Jesus fucking christ, I'm white and I was offended.

Sanjuro

I think it was an older version of that weird "We need a hispanic dude for hispanic fans" concept, and Pedro Morales was already moved/moving on. He always seemed a little too forced in his promos for me. A solid wrestler and probably a nice dude, but even when they brought him back with the matador outfit and stuff, I'm with you. Not really into it too much.

Tito was pretty big and a household name even outside of wrestling fans.

Strike Force is also a GOAT tag team!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Santana was just a midcard/enhancement guy. That was his spot and he stuck to it.

I think he's boring, but it's kind of like whatever. It was when he went to AWF and was getting 'main event' stuff it was like 'come on, really?' I mean he had me cheering Cowboy Bob over him winning.

The most impressive part of seeing this Raw live, which wasn't too great (no Rusev, no Dolph, no D. Brine because we left after Mizdow lost), was Neville's entrance in person.

My daughter was waving the Stardust mask I got her before the show over her head for his entire match, even though we were in Row 31.

Quote of the night from her, right after Ryback pinned Harper: "That was very hoss."

For someone trying to push a social justice posting gimmick I'm shocked you didn't realize the PTP's "nappy" shit is probably the most terrifyingly racist-ass bullshit the WWE's done in a long, long time. Jesus fucking christ, I'm white and I was offended.
It's okay when a black person says it.

The most impressive part of seeing this Raw live, which wasn't too great (no Rusev, no Dolph, no D. Brine because we left after Mizdow lost), was Neville's entrance in person.

My daughter was waving the Stardust mask I got her before the show over her head for his entire match, even though we were in Row 31.

Quote of the night from her, right after Ryback pinned Harper: "That was very hoss."
You posted this under your alt acct, Pizocoatl, last night Gallant. Remember? N-X-T (X-Y-Z)?

Patryn

Any network that aired The Slap ain't above carny shit, friend.

Despite the fact that WWE would likely get higher ratings on NBC than The Slap, I guarantee that The Slap would have a higher ad rate than WWE, because of reputation and prestige.

People forget that many advertisers don't want anything to do with WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Well this explains everything. You're white, therefore you're not allowed to tell PoC how offended they can be about things involving their skin color.

Also: LOL at calling it a gimmick. I want us to do better, everywhere. We can. Reducing it to a gimmick because it isn't in-line with your beliefs...

Well this explains everything. You're white, therefore you're not allowed to tell PoC how offended they can be about things involving their skin color.

If you really want to play blind to the issue of hatred against black people's natural hair in America from top to bottom then maybe you should drop this lame "ironic SJW" gimmick.

Also: LOL at calling it a gimmick. I want us to do better, everywhere. We can. Reducing it to a gimmick because it isn't in-line with your beliefs...

I've been watching you for a while. You're full of shit and it's obvious. Sorry.

One thing.

WWE should stop calling those interviews podcasts. It makes them look like they dont know what a podcast is.

Or can you actually download them as podcasts?

Tagging with The Model Rick Martel and have a cool name? Easy!

hahaha damn I thought there was a deeper reason within the Hispanic community, d'oh!

While we're talking about the 80s, why wasn't Hercules Hernandez more popular? Guy was freaking built. I guess he sort of sucked in the ring outside of brawler moves, but guy was built.

strobogo

Banned
Can't believe they berried Neville by giving him better gear, a big entrance, and a 10 minute showcase with the champ by ruining it all with dropping his first name. Disgusting. I'm sure Kevin Dunn had something to do with that.

sfTmkJD.gif

If you really want to play blind to the issue of hatred against black people's natural hair in America from top to bottom then maybe you should drop this lame "ironic SJW" gimmick.

I've been watching you for a while. You're full of shit and it's obvious. Sorry.

Sunny isn't full of shit at all. He's legitimately believes in what he says and says it all away from the board as well. I find it impossible to believe the writing team writes out all of what comes out of Titus's mouth anyway. He has a lot of barbershop talk that I don't believe all these white writers from Hollywood and 4-8 years of college are coming up with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

If you've been watching me like you said you'd know I own my old self where I would do problematic things and continue to perpetuate a lot of bullshit. That's how it was before I really sat down and finally listened to why people felt the way they do about things and educated myself.

Go ahead, dig up old posts. I like problematic things, and that's something I deal with. I enjoy titties. A lot. But it's one thing for me to do it quietly in my room at night as opposed to showering people with it and setting a shitty precedent.

If you have more shit you want to talk, feel free to PM me. I'm being genuine and always have been. If you think I'm full of shit, I'd like to know why because there's got to be a misunderstanding.

Sephzilla

Can't believe they berried Neville by giving him better gear, a big entrance, and a 10 minute showcase with the champ by ruining it all with dropping his first name. Disgusting. I'm sure Kevin Dunn had something to do with that.

sfTmkJD.gif

you aren't talking about that stupid cape, are you?

Cagey

Banned
Cena committing so much to his future AJPW tour that he was working on his Misawa inspired war crate
mOc9NX8.gif

The Cena US title run has the smarks buzzing that it's an obvious plot from WWE to have Cena berry all the mid-card darlings, but the truth is far more sinister: it's a Trojan Horse for Cena to have good matches every week and slowly turn the tide into becoming liked by the smarks Kurt Angle style, right down to embracing the theme song singalong.

I see you John. Working the shoot back into a work.

Everyone thought Roman was the Rocky Maivia turn

but it turned out to be New Day

I'll admit to not being too keen on Roman Reigns at first, but those few weeks after the Rumble where they dropped the cheesy crap and seemed to just let him be, he won me over. I'm a fan of that cocky confident facial expression Reigns, signing autographs during matches, etc. It was really fun to watch. Even him smiling and enjoying getting destroyed was fantastic from a character point of view.

Toki767

I think most fans are willing to cheer Cena as long as he's out of the main event picture after being in it for 10 years.

The Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks chants are more just done out of habit these days.

That match was awesome, as is his gear and his entrance. I've no complaints about how they've presented him on the roster thus far (though I'm not a big fan of putting him against the champ in his second week, tbh). But "Neville" is a dumb ring name, and it's totally fair to criticize that, friend.

strobogo

Banned
That Jericho interview wasn't even an interview. It was a preview for a DVD doc at best. Jericho is such a dad boner. "Hey, remember that time when I put you over?" "Hey, remember that time when we got so hammered bro?" "Hey, can you tell everyone what was on my iPod?" "Hey, remember when I was world champion?"

That match was awesome, as is his gear and his entrance. I've no complaints about how they've presented him on the roster thus far (though I'm not a big fan of putting him against the champ in his second week, tbh). But "Neville" is a dumb ring name, and it's totally fair to criticize that, friend.

Adrian Neville is a dumb name, too. Dropping Adrian isn't any better or worse. Total lateral move. Adrian Neville brings to mind the 3rd member of the Vaudvillains. Neville makes me think of an English bulldog or something, which is better than being reminded of Adien English.

MC Safety

One thing.

WWE should stop calling those interviews podcasts. It makes them look like they dont know what a podcast is.

Or can you actually download them as podcasts?

Well, it's a video extension of an existing podcast series. I'm sure Jericho and Stone Cold prefer the continuity be kept intact.

Also, Jericho did a very good job with John Cena. There was some nice back-and-forth between the two.

jred2k

Everyone thought Roman was the Rocky Maivia turn

but it turned out to be New Day

This is the true story... of three black guys... picked to be in a stable...work together and get jobbed out... to find out what happens... when people stop being polite... and start getting real...The New Day.

Top Bottom