• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

From Marty's perspective, I'm sure he's thrilled he's getting to wrestle AJ and RevPro get to show how important their title supposedly is by the calibre of international talent wanting to compete for it. From a fan's perspective, the match could easily be billed as an 'international dream match', if not for the title ensuring a screwy finish. I'm looking forward to it, but not as much as I would have if Marty wasn't the champion at present.

hamchan

I'm down for this.

Also, are people really complaining that crowd was into the show last night and was a crowd full of kids? I'll take that over a Raw in Corpus Christi.

Happy to have crowds full of kids, it could be worse. Never forget the Memphis crowd at Fastlane.

I'm down for this.

Also, are people really complaining that crowd was into the show last night and was a crowd full of kids? I'll take that over a Raw in Corpus Christi.

The crowd was one of the better parts of RAW. Listening to them pop when Reigns hit his big moves was ... fun. It was also really clear that Roman gets jacked up when people are into him so its a better experience all around.

Kinda amazed that Bryan, Ziggler, and Ambrose were all off the show. Was it because of the international trip coming up?

klonere

Banned
I really enjoyed Raw. Skipped the Kane (sorry Randy) and Big Show matches,

Positives:
Great crowd, after the "We are Awesome" chants from last week they were a good reminder that you don't have to be smarky garbage to add to the show
Neville had a solid match with Seth, glad they are tempering his offense not to blow everything at once (teasing the german was really cool).
Seth is an amazing heel champ, love his facial expressions, his mic work and in ring.
Big Show, if he wasn't wrestling would be fucking amazing as a heel mouthpiece. He would do well in Kane's current position of making matches and talking shit.
PTP got promo time MILLONS OF DOLLARS
New Day heel turn, with Big E on the mic more hopefully
More Lucha Dragons
My fucking boy SHEAMUS
Really digging how they are building the US title with Cena, I'd actually like if he just kept winning for a few months until they can shine someone up to take the title off him and have it be a big deal
I am slowly warming up to Reigns

Negatives
Naomi's finisher......................................................................
That divas segment with Kane oh godddddddddddd
dont cut Nattie off Summer Rae cmon
Big Show and Kane wrestling in 2015
Reigns is still only doing big power moves and they are saddling him with the worst possible guy to have a good match at ER
Charlotte when

MisterR

How refreshing to have a crowd that was just there to enjoy the show like a normal person, instead of trying to show how smart and jaded they were. Made it much more enjoyable to watch RAW than with these shitty crowds who think they are the show.

klonere

Banned
oh for fuck sake the main event of the house show in Dublin is going to be

Roman Reigns vs Big Show
Street Fight

fuck off

EDIT: never mind Balor is on the card, im blind friends

Hasney

Especially when PTP repeatedly points out how much of a loser and goober Cesaro is. Then win the titles from him. Then shit on him some more. And Cesaro just takes it because he is a loser and a goober.

Then snaps and becomes a submission machine hailing from Turkish Bath Houses.

Fox318

Especially when PTP repeatedly points out how much of a loser and goober Cesaro is. Then win the titles from him. Then shit on him some more. And Cesaro just takes it because he is a loser and a goober.

pq8cTBO.gif

Kaladin

I love that Neville match, my favorite part of Raw last night.

I hope it eases the tension that they will fuck up these guys on the main roster, because Neville was presented just how he should be. He's a rookie with amazing skill.

Also, fuck Company Man Cena.

Congrats Alucard!

Watching Raw I was glad to see Kane giving divas a chance, his benevolence knows no bounds.
Oh and congrats Alucard, be joyful knowing that we are in a new era where we all give divas daughters a chance.

Kaladin

That Jericho podcast pretty much reinforced my opinion that Cena's time is done, or at least should be. I think he realizes it too with his talk that he doesn't care where he is on the card.

While it's honorable to work for that kid in the front row to put a smile on their face, you're in a prominent position where you should be trying to appeal to a wider audience.

I also think it will be a while before we actually see him retire, because he wants someone ready to take his spot with the kids, but that won't happen till he leaves really, that's kinda how these things work.

Alucard

Banned
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'll probably pop in here and there over the next little while.

Just caught the Neville and Rollins segment on youtube.

-Much-improved entrance for Neville
-Very good match
-Neville was elevated in defeat by showing he can go move-for-move with the top guy
-Neville now has a great starting point and he can use this match as a reference point in future promos
-Whether Neville sinks or swims is largely dependent on him now. He's proven he can go in the ring, but now needs to show he can connect with the crowd

Based on the recaps, this is really the only thing I was interested in watching. Great to see a guy like Neville reach this stage. He has talent like few others, and his offense is already incredibly unique and unmistakable. Happy for him, and I hope he keeps moving on up.

Kaladin

Based on the recaps, this is really the only thing I was interested in watching. Great to see a guy like Neville reach this stage. He has talent like few others, and his offense is already incredibly unique and unmistakable. Happy for him, and I hope he keeps moving on up.

Lucha Dragons vs New Day Sucks was good, but only for Lucha Lucha.

At least it seems like they are back to hinting that New Day have a dark side again with the while "we are only clapping until we start snapping" line.

I want to see those guys do a heel, 3 on 1 beat down on someone and then go back to clapping and dancing after once their music plays.

Kaladin

At least it seems like they are back to hinting that New Day have a dark side again with the while "we are only clapping until we start snapping" line.

I want to see those guys do a heel, 3 on 1 beat down on someone and then go back to clapping and dancing after once their music plays.

I want to see them do a gimmick where they go to do their high spots, but instead start doing their New Day clapping and chants and hit an elbow drop or something. Would especially work with Kofi.

hamchan

I do like the sinister undertones that the New Day were happy and clappy this whole time because they're a bunch of lunatics underneath.

Alucard

Banned
Lucha Dragons vs New Day Sucks was good, but only for Lucha Lucha.

Oh yeah, I wanted to watch that too. Will try to check it out at some point this week. Kalisto is a star, and Sin Cara is elevated in that team too. They complement one another pretty well with Kalisto being the speedy hit and run guy, and Sin Cara laying in some of the heavier offense.

Hasney

Help me out Wrasslegaf, I can't decide.

Should I get these Gascans where I prefer the frame design of black and white ghost text

HcCS1NP.png

iguBmwL.png

Or the Batwolf where I prefer the all in one lens design look, but they only do black and gold ghost text

2ciDOG4.png

aWQmCDr.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
TMZ with the Real Fact on the Steiner/Hogan incident:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/07/scott-steiner-threatened-to-kill-hulk-hogan-police-investigation/

Whatcha gonna do brother, when a former wrestling star (allegedly) threatens to KILL YOU!?
Well, if you're Hulk Hogan -- you call the cops ... because that's exactly what happened during an alleged incident in San Jose involving Hulk's former wrestling ally Scott Steiner.
Here's what we know ... Hulk's wife Jennifer flew into San Jose for WrestleMania on March 26th -- and claims Steiner grabbed her at baggage claim and said he plans to "kill Terry" [Hulk's real name] as soon as he lands.
Sources close to the Hogans tell us ... Jennifer didn't recognize Steiner and called Hulk immediately -- who took the next flight into S.J. and went with her to file a police report early the next morning.
We're told cops are now investigating Steiner for "felony terrorist threats" -- and so far, officials have already gathered airport surveillance video which we're told shows Steiner confronting Jennifer.
As for Steiner, he's been very public about his dislike of Hogan for years -- and blames him for the demise of WCW wrestling ... where Scott and Hulk were allies in the NWO.
We reached out to Steiner for comment -- who told us, "Typical Hogan. He's just a punk."

NoDQ.com said:
We've noted how there was an incident between Scott Steiner and Hulk Hogan's wife on the way to San Jose during WrestleMania 31 Week, that resulted in Steiner being banned from the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony at Hulk's request.

TMZ has new details on the story and reports that Steiner threatened to kill Hulk to his wife. Steiner allegedly grabbed Hogan's wife at baggage claim and threatened to "kill Terry" as soon as he landed.

TMZ reports that Jennifer didn't immediately recognize Steiner but she did call Hulk, who took the next flight to San Jose and went with her to file a police report the next morning. Steiner is now being investigated for "felony terrorist threats" and police have airport surveillance video that shows Steiner confronting Mrs. Hogan.

Steiner offered this comment to TMZ:

"Typical Hogan. He's just a punk."
The situation is terrible as hell but I laughed after hearing Steiner say this in my mind.

Edit: Wow. Late.

Scott Steiner is the living embodiment of all the world's collective roid rage, a gurgling mass that grows with each fallen man. I'd cross to the other side of the street if I saw him coming down on my side~

Patryn

That Jericho podcast pretty much reinforced my opinion that Cena's time is done, or at least should be. I think he realizes it too with his talk that he doesn't care where he is on the card.

While it's honorable to work for that kid in the front row to put a smile on their face, you're in a prominent position where you should be trying to appeal to a wider audience.

I also think it will be a while before we actually see him retire, because he wants someone ready to take his spot with the kids, but that won't happen till he leaves really, that's kinda how these things work.

Cena always struck me as someone who lives, eats and breathes the WWE, so I just don't see him retiring. I just get the feeling that he's going to continue hanging on until somebody shows him the door or he is medically unable to compete.

Top Bottom