• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

DMczaf

Guys

The Raw

how was it

Should I view it

tumblr_nmevypKgUI1s8dwjeo1_400.gif

The Divas division is so bad. The Bellas are unbearable. Yelling Brie Mode is so lame it's hard to put into words. As long as the Bellas are Divas the women's division is always going to be shit. Paige sucks too. AJ was the only good one despite not knowing how to run the ropes. At least AJ was a god tier seller.
I respectfully disagree, Heavy.

It's a shame that her wardrobe malfunction seemed to distract everyone here from a decent divas tag match.

I was amused that the little boy next to me was chanting both parts of the "Lets go Cena" and "Cena sucks" dueling chant.

Kids love getting involved. That's the whole point of going to the live stuff, have a good time. Need more audience shit during these shows to keep the crowd white hot over such a damn long time (stuff during ad breaks should be to get a lol from them maybe).

Not tonight. She rarely gets upset when someone she likes loses, though it has happened a few times. But she definitely gets super excited when they win. Mostly she just wants to see them at all.

Your daughter sounds like good people, hopefully she stays a wrestling fan and more people like her can flock to the events!

notworksafe

I think tonight was a good Raw.

Plenty of matches and they were quite good, Brad Maddox, no HHH/Steph opener for once, no Cole, a crazy Wyatt promo, PTP making fun of dudes, and Neville!

Crowd was good tonight too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's going to take a few years after Cena retires for him to get the respect he deserves from the wrassling community. The man is a treasure.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At the end of the Harper/Ryback match she turned to me and said "That was very hoss," proving that she has a bright career in commentary ahead of her.

Yessssss, best report.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Is it ok if I post here, friends?

Divas Battle Royale means Naomi isn't getting that title shot I guess. I don't think anyone has the carrot dangled in front of them more often than her.

Hey so I watched this Reigns match. Weak spear nonwithstanding, they have to come up with a different way of canceling the shock slam move. The springboard out of it move is played out.

PInk Tape

Banned

Divas Battle Royale means Naomi isn't getting that title shot I guess. I don't think anyone has the carrot dangled in front of them more often than her.

I wish they'd give her another shot tbh

She'd make an awesome champion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
this dude in this murderdoc im watching looks eactly like jack black and it makes it so i can't take it serious at all

Bizazedo

There are other people for kids to cheer for. You just have to fucking GIVE THEM THE CHANCE TO BE THE HERO. If Cena turned heel next Monday, you could make Reigns the mega babyface. You could make Bryan the mega ultra babyface. YOU COULD MAKE TITUS O'NEIL A MAJOR BABYFACE.
For several months now I have been confused and annoyed at their misuse of O'neill. He is huge, charismatic, and seems to be decent on the mic. I just don't get burying him and having him lose repeatedly. When they came to my town for a house show they had him lose in embarrassing fashion to the Great Khali. Pissed me off.

For several months now I have been confused and annoyed at their misuse of O'neill. He is huge, charismatic, and seems to be decent on the mic. I just don't get burying him and having him lose repeatedly. When they came to my town for a house show they had him lose in embarrassing fashion to the Great Khali. Pissed me off.

He might be on a comeback trail with the PTP promos... hopefully.

Kid's got over it when Hulk did it. Hell, their balls probably dropped as a result of it. WWE could just as easily continue selling his old shit (in droves) while he came out on TV and finally embraced his inner asshole.

Well, to be fair, Cena said that he going heel wouldn't be letting the kids down, as long as there is someone else they can look at. I felt that he realises that going heel is a great move, but it has to be at the precise moment.

And WWE clearly doesn't know how to identify who could be that main face of the company for, so that's the problem. Cena is going to be heel at one moment... to put Reigns over, ugh.

I've missed your work, Bean.

I missed your Southern Hospitality approach to Pro Wrestling discussion, Data.

Last 2 Weeks Bean. Or did you like the first week match?
I didn't actually watch the match (last week's) but Jpeeples said it was better than any match from Wrestlemania except the main event.
They're not real wrestling fans, bean breath. We know this because they don't boo Roman Reigns, and they don't chant "this is awesome" every five minutes. I bet some of those posers even have jobs with health benefits. What sellouts.
It's frustrating because the writers tailor the show to complement a great crowd like we had last week and then it completely falls flat because of these idiots that don't know how to cheer.
Come on, Bean. We all know you and your Network saga.
Ok, well it wouldn't make me more likely to sign up.

bjork

They need a Diva who is styled like late-60s Twiggy or something and comes out to music like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdPzNa1JuKQ

but it plays over the entire match like New Jack's music, and the lady in question would be like Vader. Just come out, knock another Diva around, then pin and exit before the music ends.

hitme

Perfect time for Charlotte to debut with that London crowd.

Guzim

They need a Diva who is styled like late-60s Twiggy or something and comes out to music like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdPzNa1JuKQ

but it plays over the entire match like New Jack's music, and the lady in question would be like Vader. Just come out, knock another Diva around, then pin and exit before the music ends.
I'm down for this.

Also, are people really complaining that crowd was into the show last night and was a crowd full of kids? I'll take that over a Raw in Corpus Christi.

Hey so I watched this Reigns match. Weak spear nonwithstanding, they have to come up with a different way of canceling the shock slam move. The springboard out of it move is played out.

Easy fix, put him in the running for the US belt! Big Show should have moved to the commentary desk. JBL can do a reality show on the Network, 'Help I'm A Racist American Stuck In Mexico!".

I kinda get the reasoning, RevPro want to book the champ against the best talent available, but I've been pretty underwhelmed by the matches where Marty's used a ton of dirty tactics to win the match (like handcuffing Colt to the railings in the 2/3 falls match) and it's guaranteed he'll have to do the same here. More so, as I believe Styles isn't allowed to be pinned regardless of circumstance while he's IWGP champion. So that leaves a count-out or DQ finish. Can't see Styles winning it either, RevPro wouldn't be able to book him regularly enough for their liking.

Cagey

Banned
I'm down for this.

Also, are people really complaining that crowd was into the show last night and was a crowd full of kids? I'll take that over a Raw in Corpus Christi.
The crowd cheered heroes and villains appropriately and therefore was anathema to the better class of fans here.

strobogo

Banned
Who thought this was a good idea given AJ's restrictions?

Guaranteed either AJ wins for no reason or a fuck finish

AJ is a huge star in the second biggest promotion in the world who is smart enough to protect their talent when they wrestle against no names in Turkish bath house. Why wouldn't AJ win?

AJ is a huge star in the second biggest promotion in the world who is smart enough to protect their talent when they wrestle against no names in Turkish bath house. Why wouldn't AJ win?

I'm saying making that match for your title makes no sense when that is the guaranteed outcome, it doesn't do much for your "bath house no names".

strobogo

Banned
I'm saying making that match for your title makes no sense when that is the guaranteed outcome, it doesn't do much for your "bath house no names".

Working with a big star and one of the most talented dudes in wrestling does a lot for anyone. This is some Punk "Working with Rock/Taker/Brock is bad for me" kind of logic.

Working with a big star and one of the most talented dudes in wrestling does a lot for anyone. This is some Punk "Working with Rock/Taker/Brock is bad for me" kind of logic.

I'm not saying that, I think AJ's match with Ospreay (which wasn't for Ospreay's title) at their last show did him a world of good in terms of Ospreay getting his name out. I absolutely agree that having him work with AJ is good for Marty too, but I don't think they should have put the title up. Like Boots said, it almost guarantees a fuck finish, because you either give your main title to the expensive guy you can only afford once or twice a year, or you have an unsatisfying ending.

I guess I just think it would be better if the title wasn't on the line.

Top Bottom