• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thick is the new carny
tumblr_nk9zv34aVQ1un7flko1_400.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This Sina promo is something else.

I love America, this belt means something. Come face me for it, anybody. Better bring it or I'll beat the shit out of you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Look at this dope artwork of Jun Kasai and son
tumblr_nmg4s9N5321t34v14o1_540.png

Much better than midnight material.
This Sina promo is something else.

I love America, this belt means something. Come face me for it, anybody. Better bring it or I'll beat the shit out of you.

That sounds awesome

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
-Lucha Dragon kinda just showed up and is just there. They must want them to either sink or swim on their own.

-Roman Reigns being stuck with Big Show, lol.

-Sheamus yelling fella is dumb.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Antonio, Alexander, Adrian.

Maybe Vince thinks every person with a name starting with the letter A sounds too much like a girl.

My guess is he's trying to limit the number of people with regular dude names.

jmdajr

So weird. So in order to renew my WWE Network subscription....I had to take the free month. No other option.

bastards

What am I missing about Tito Santana? WWE seem pretty big on him during the 80s, but I'm just not feeling it. I don't think he ever got a title shot, so he's probably just a solid midcarder, but I'm not understanding his attraction or appeal otherwise.

Striker

It's been that way since the 80s. Not sure why they do it, other than to make the men seem larger than life and the women seem attainable or something.

Also it seems like a lot of men in wrestling have the same first name vs women having the same first name.
It really depends. Lots of guys in the WWF/WCW were mostly called by their first names rather than last. In today's, it's 99% the last names. Bret Hart (Bret), Shawn Michaels (Shawn), Ted Dibiase (Dibiase), Jake Roberts (Jake), whereas today's it's your Orton, Rollins, Cena, Ambrose, Ziggler. One of the few who aren't is Roman Reigns. I don't know, it isn't a big deal to me, what's more unoriginal is we often see guys with names, and hardly with any sort of a real persona.

Raw64life

I can only imagine Vince's reaction to agreeing to bring up a couple of NXT guys to the main roster and then seeing that they're both no taller than 5' 7" and weigh no more than 170 lbs.

bjork

What am I missing about Tito Santana? WWE seem pretty big on him during the 80s, but I'm just not feeling it. I don't think he ever got a title shot, so he's probably just a solid midcarder, but I'm not understanding his attraction or appeal otherwise.

I think it was an older version of that weird "We need a hispanic dude for hispanic fans" concept, and Pedro Morales was already moved/moving on. He always seemed a little too forced in his promos for me. A solid wrestler and probably a nice dude, but even when they brought him back with the matador outfit and stuff, I'm with you. Not really into it too much.

Top Bottom