• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Marvel

could never
Haha, I was hoping someone would make this .gif.

Xavier kills me. I bet Vince enjoyed the hell out of that.

I had no idea he could be funny, Big E for sure but not Woods. Amazing.

I'll be making a lot more jiffs now that I know how fucking easy it is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Cena US title run has the smarks buzzing that it's an obvious plot from WWE to have Cena berry all the mid-card darlings, but the truth is far more sinister: it's a Trojan Horse for Cena to have good matches every week and slowly turn the tide into becoming liked by the smarks Kurt Angle style, right down to embracing the theme song singalong.

I see you John. Working the shoot back into a work.

This WWE title means nothing to me. It's a trinket, a toy, something you hang on your mantlepiece. The title I want is the one that's around Go Shiozaki's waist, and that's The Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship.

I'm all in on Proto-Cena.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can't believe they berried Neville by giving him better gear, a big entrance, and a 10 minute showcase with the champ by ruining it all with dropping his first name. Disgusting. I'm sure Kevin Dunn had something to do with that.

sfTmkJD.gif

Sunny isn't full of shit at all. He's legitimately believes in what he says and says it all away from the board as well. I find it impossible to believe the writing team writes out all of what comes out of Titus's mouth anyway. He has a lot of barbershop talk that I don't believe all these white writers from Hollywood and 4-8 years of college are coming up with.

They in fact did drop his first name. He says "Adrian Neville" in the middle of the match - https://youtu.be/lgSbDy_LBSg?t=6m38s

jmdajr

Pretty decent Cena interview. It's hard to hate good guy Cena in that light.

Surprised that he has his
heel entrance and new gear ready to roll at a moments notice

unrelated:

"Why?...BECAUSE I CLAP!"

The cape is sweet and if he catches on he'll be selling tons of kids versions to families who are too racist to buy Lucha Dragon masks.

Why y'all so against the hustle?

Adrian Neville is a dumb name, too. Dropping Adrian isn't any better or worse. Total lateral move. Adrian Neville brings to mind the 3rd member of the Vaudvillains. Neville makes me think of an English bulldog or something, which is better than being reminded of Adien English.

Adrian Neville flows better and is more complete than just plain old "Neville". It's not a BIG deal, but it sounds wrong to have people referring to him as just Neville. That trick works alright when you have a nice crisp S in the middle of your name, like Rusev or Cesaro, as that harder consonant is like a big staple holding and balancing all the sounds together right in the middle, but Neville is just a weaker, less convincing name.

Sephzilla

Adrian Neville is a dumb name, too. Dropping Adrian isn't any better or worse. Total lateral move. Adrian Neville brings to mind the 3rd member of the Vaudvillains. Neville makes me think of an English bulldog or something, which is better than being reminded of Adien English.

Neville alone doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Adrian Neville does. Plus WWE has enough "single name" guys

strobogo

Banned
Adrian Neville flows better and is more complete than just plain old "Neville". It's not a BIG deal, but it sounds wrong to have people referring to him as just Neville. That trick works alright when you have a nice crisp S in the middle of your name, like Rusev or Cesaro, as that harder consonant is like a big staple holding and balancing all the sounds together right in the middle, but Neville is just a weaker, less convincing name.

What you're saying is that Neville is a pussy name and Adian Neville is a bad ass name.

One thing.

WWE should stop calling those interviews podcasts. It makes them look like they dont know what a podcast is.

Or can you actually download them as podcasts?

They're usually put up as a regular podcast as well. This follows the same format as both do for their own shows. The only difference is the 15 minutes of self promotion/weekly roundup that both do prior to actually talking to the guest.

Zach

I watched some more ECW One Night Stand last night. I was expecting far worse commentary during the Awesome/Tanaka match. Styles lashed out for a minute at the beginning and maybe once more during the match, but I was expecting him to bad-mouth Awesome all match. Meh.

Anyway, that match was crazy and great. Don't get me wrong -- I don't think there's any place for that kind of match in 2015 and beyond, but it was fun in simpler times before Benoit killed his family and I saw League of Denial: The NFL's Concussion Crisis. Also, if that's how wrestling was all the time it would be boring... like if guys kicked out of finishers all the time or something, right?! HAHAHAHAHA. -_-

So yeah, fun event. I think I have one match to go.

Kaladin

So did JBL slip up last night when he called him Adrian Neville? Cause I kind of think the Neville name could be retconned at any minute and go back to Adrian Neville.

Though, the crowd seemed to be into chanting for him, so maybe not.

Sephzilla

What you're saying is that Neville is a pussy name and Adian Neville is a bad ass name.

I could go with this

So did JBL slip up last night when he called him Adrian Neville? Cause I kind of think the Neville name could be retconned at any minute and go back to Adrian Neville.

Even if he was Adrian Neville chants would just be "Neville"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just call him Erin Bourne, the long lost brother of not so, but somewhat recently fired deceased Evan Bourne.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I don't think the idea is that they literally don't have first names.

Kaladin

Hey guys. Glad Cena finally cleared things up and finally let us know that Rock

was
legit shook.

I didn't really buy that.

You're gonna tell me they booked a match a year in advance and didn't script it and plan it out and it was all reactionary?

Please John.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Jericho should embrace being a heel when he returns and align himself with The Authority.

XenoRaven

The thing that gets me is that there's no precedent set for this.

At what point did they have a star who only went by their first or last name? Typically someone has a full name or a nickname. Notable exceptions;

Heidenreich
Snitsky

Wow, what an illustrious list.

It's not a huge deal, but it makes me feel like they think I'm an idiot. Like I've been watching NXT for two years and whoops, there goes Neville's first name. So what do people call him when he goes out to dinner with his friends? "Hey Neville, pass the salt please." Who does that outside of high school sports?

The only one I like is Rusev and that's because it's Russian sounding and he needs a Russian sounding name.

I watched some more ECW One Night Stand last night. I was expecting far worse commentary during the Awesome/Tanaka match. Styles lashed out for a minute at the beginning and maybe once more during the match, but I was expecting him to bad-mouth Awesome all match. Meh.

Anyway, that match was crazy and great. Don't get me wrong -- I don't think there's any place for that kind of match in 2015 and beyond, but it was fun in simpler times before Benoit killed his family and I saw League of Denial: The NFL's Concussion Crisis. Also, if that's how wrestling was all the time it would be boring... like if guys kicked out of finishers all the time or something, right?! HAHAHAHAHA. -_-

So yeah, fun event. I think I have one match to go.

Foley got Styles under control and Styles couldn't ignore what an awesome match they were having.

Recall

The thing that gets me is that there's no precedent set for this.

At what point did they have a star who only went by their first or last name? Typically someone has a full name or a nickname. Notable exceptions;

Heidenreich
Snitsky

Wow, what an illustrious list.

It's not a huge deal, but it makes me feel like they think I'm an idiot. Like I've been watching NXT for two years and whoops, there goes Neville's first name. So what do people call him when he goes out to dinner with his friends? "Hey Neville, pass the salt please." Who does that outside of high school sports?

The only one I like is Rusev and that's because it's Russian sounding and he needs a Russian sounding name.

Batista?

Didnt Batista debut during a Devon Dudley storyline and they ended up just using Batista?

And of course, Awesome completely tore his ACL powerbombing the fat ECW referee AFTER the match. And it happened during replays, so the cameras didn't even get it. He was probably going to get re-signed for that performance.

KissVibes

Banned
The only guys that lost their first names are dudes that have first names starting with the letter A. It's like they didn't want them to appear on the WWE.com roster as being first when sorted alphabetically.

XenoRaven

Kane and Diesel are nicknames though. As is The Rock. I'm talking strictly about about people with names and WWE just taking half of it away because uh... marketing?

Top Bottom