• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Kaladin

Rusev used to be Alexander Rusev.

Alexander Rusev
Antonio Cesaro
Adriane Neville

Oh my god, it is all guys whose names start with an A.

CONSPIRACY

JBaTK.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys seem really hung up about this fictional name not being exactly the same as the other fictional name.

Which doesn't seem to matter, because Neville was over as fuck last night for a new debut. Guy will be fine, Adrian or no.

KissVibes

Banned
Maybe Vince thinks people with first names beginning with the letter A are like women or some shit.

Neville should be introduced always as The Man Gravity Forgot....NEVILLE.

XenoRaven

I'm not hung up on it. It's just discussion. I understand that it's not some huge barrier to his success. I just personally think it's dumb.

Diesel was his name actually. Kevin Nash went unnamed in his first few appearances.

Yeah, I remember HBK's promo explaining his name. "Everybody wants to know what the big man's name is. His name is...Diesel. As in, Diesel fuel that's going to run over anybody that tries to mess with me."

I'll admit to not being too keen on Roman Reigns at first, but those few weeks after the Rumble where they dropped the cheesy crap and seemed to just let him be, he won me over. I'm a fan of that cocky confident facial expression Reigns, signing autographs during matches, etc. It was really fun to watch. Even him smiling and enjoying getting destroyed was fantastic from a character point of view.

Not that I was ever against him, I knew the Vince inspired jack and the bean stock promos were killing him.

I always liked him, i think he is going to be huge, I agree with you that since the rumble, I have 10X more respect for him his WM match and his mannerisms during that match were that of a 15 year vet.

One thing I always liked about Batista was that you could call him Dave in kayfabe if you were a friend or if you were trying to dress him down. Like he had an actual first name, just formally he only went by Batista.

They could do something similar with Mr. Neville.

klonere

Banned
This is the true story... of three black guys... picked to be in a stable...work together and get jobbed out... to find out what happens... when people stop being polite... and start getting real...The New Day.

i like you, this is a good reference, you is good people.

Review a raw were super down on all the PTP/New Day stuff but I loved all of it and can't wait for the matches. They'll have actual heat! Actual heat! In tag team matches! In 2015!

I watched some more ECW One Night Stand last night. I was expecting far worse commentary during the Awesome/Tanaka match. Styles lashed out for a minute at the beginning and maybe once more during the match, but I was expecting him to bad-mouth Awesome all match. Meh.

Anyway, that match was crazy and great. Don't get me wrong -- I don't think there's any place for that kind of match in 2015 and beyond, but it was fun in simpler times before Benoit killed his family and I saw League of Denial: The NFL's Concussion Crisis. Also, if that's how wrestling was all the time it would be boring... like if guys kicked out of finishers all the time or something, right?! HAHAHAHAHA. -_-

So yeah, fun event. I think I have one match to go.

yeah ECdub is really hard to watch from any perspective now with all that we know now about the effects of all that head trauma. I mean fuck a huge swath of that ECW locker room is dead :(

There's always a time for brutal chair shots to the head, Zach.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.

that said id like to see a fed booked by dream and Data West, shit would be real

Top Bottom