• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

strobogo

Banned
They would have aborted Roman/Brock in favor of Kurt/Brock.

Why? Why would they want to promote broken down, on death's door Kurt Angle in the main event over the guy they want to be their next top star? To give Brock another sub-par match at WM for the 3rd year in a row? I don't see Kurt Angle coming back and being pushed as a superstar with his atrophied hot dog body. Dude looks like he might literally snap in half at any minute.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale: ****
AJ Styles vs. Kota Ibushi (IWGP World Heavyweight Championship Match): ****3/4

Meltzer NJPW fanboy at this point

dream

He said the discussion after WrestleMania 27 of him going heel against Rock was to the point he even had new ring gear made and they even did new music for him. He said it would have been great if it had happened, but it was great it didn’t happen because he loves being inspirational to kids. The way we heard the story is that Cena had spent $5,000 to get all new gear made, but then canceled the order before the gear was made. Instead of asking for a refund, Cena told the seamstress, Sue Kotulski, to use the money to make new outfits from some of the developmental guys. Cena came to Tampa at the time and told people the story four years ago and they unofficially created what was called the Cena Scholarship. Each month, the coaches would vote on who was the most outstanding developmental performer of the month and that person would get a $500 credit toward getting ring gear made by Kotulski.

Fuck you guys for hating John Cena.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're encouraging people to go out and invade someone's privacy by viewing naked photos of them posted without their consent. Disgusting enablist behavior. Let me guess, your response to The Fappening leaks was "Well proportioned areolas, nice tits. Everyone should look". Misogynists like you are the worst.

What's The Fappening?

I don't have a problem with the Fale/Okada rating, that match was better than most are giving it credit for. Knock it down a 1/4 and that's what I'd give it. Wouldn't put Ibushi/Styles that high either, the match was a bit of a let down and probably Ibushi's least impressive high profile match of the year. The middle portion of the match was just a blur, leg work from AJ that meant nothing and too much back-and-forth to do Ibushi's hope spots any justice, but the opening and closing thirds were pretty good. I'd go 4 stars for that one, I'd say.

"at this point". He's been a NJPW fanboy since the mid 80s.

It's more obvious now New Japan's pretty much the only thing he watches from Japan - back in the day he was a huge mark for AJW and AJPW as well, more so even, which is part of why you rarely saw him dishing out high marks to NJPW heavyweight matches until recent years.

5eF8616.jpg

Cagey

Banned
A post from a few days ago occurred to me watching NXT.

A poster describing the RAW crowd live said women rock the Brie Mode shirts and the Bellas get huge reactions from women. The male smark hates the Bellas.

Should we discount the female opinion for some pseudo objective evaluation of the Bellas v. Other Divas? Is there some xism afoot?

strobogo

Banned
A post from a few days ago occurred to me watching NXT.

A poster describing the RAW crowd live said women rock the Brie Mode shirts and the Bellas get huge reactions from women. The male smark hates the Bellas.

Should we discount the female opinion for some pseudo objective evaluation of the Bellas v. Other Divas? Is there some xism afoot?

Of course. Women and mark crowds are stupid and their opinions and reactions don't count. I thought Raw made that clear.

TraBuch

Banned
Pretty much the only thing I don't like about LU is the lack of rules. There were like fifty disqualification in that match, and last week's trios match was just a clusterfuck, people stopped tagging and the ref was like "Fuck it".

WHAT?????

Onita issued a challenge on 4/1 to Chigusa Nagayo, 50, the teen idol pro wrestling superstar of the 80s and easily the most popular woman wrestler of all-time. Onita wanted an electric dynamite match while Nagayo held public festivities at her new gym in Chiba. Nagayo said she was shocked at the challenge and would give her answer in the future.

somedevil

NXT was great especially that Itami documentary of him leading up to his match in the battle Royal.

For the Lucha Underground fans:

The final episode of the first season of El Rey and AAA's Lucha Underground will be taped on April 19th and will air on August 5th. It will be a two-hour "major show" that wraps all of the top storylines and will reportedly be the final episode for a while.

Enjoy it while you can because the next tapings might start in 2016.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I forgot how awful the network is on PS3 during free months. Going to watch Netflix at night and wrasslin only when I have time in the morning.

Vylash

That feud didn't have an ending did it? Ryback beat Rusev before RR to qualify but after RR, they went right into the Cena feud
they were going to have a match at the Rumble, but it got canceled after they decided to put ryback into that firing storyline

HALLOWEEN HAVOC COMING BACK

WWE has taken out a trademark on the terms Suplex City and Balor Club, so I’m guessing they’ll try and do T-shirts similar to the Bullet Club shirts. Other names they’re trademarking are “Superfriends Crew,” which sounds like a stable, StarCade, New Face of Fear (the term Wyatt has been using for himself), Halloween Havoc, The Beast Within, Anti-Diva, Athletic Diva (which tells me they are keeping the diva moniker while attempting to promote the new women from NXT as more athletes), Lone Wolf, The Vigilante (Sting) and WWE nation.

Also Neville and the super friends crew

So what the hell happened to Dean Ambrose, anyway? Obviously, his booking got significantly worse post-Rollins, but it seems like the fire has gone out of him, as a performer, in the last few months. strobogo was quite right to point out that Dean has shown almost as many limitations as Roman, though he at least seems to be comfortable on the mic and isn't quite so helpless when he doesn't have a more talented veteran to help him pace and structure his matches, even if he's unexceptional. Has he just resigned himself to being stuck in the midcard indefinitely? He said on Jericho's podcast he doesn't like his material, but has he tried to bring in anything better? Just seems so odd that the guy who seemed like the standout star of The Shield and who everyone in the company seemed so high on for a long time has floundered so much as a singles performer.

Caboose

So what the hell happened to Dean Ambrose, anyway? Obviously, his booking got significantly worse post-Rollins, but it seems like the fire has gone out of him, as a performer, in the last few months. strobogo was quite right to point out that Dean has shown almost as many limitations as Roman, though he at least seems to be comfortable on the mic and isn't quite so helpless when he doesn't have a more talented veteran to help him pace and structure his matches, even if he's unexceptional. Has he just resigned himself to being stuck in the midcard indefinitely? He said on Jericho's podcast he doesn't like his material, but has he tried to bring in anything better? Just seems so odd that the guy who seemed like the standout star of The Shield and who everyone in the company seemed so high on for a long time has floundered so much as a singles performer.

All his good promos are stuck on the App.

Kaladin

– As noted, it’s been confirmed by Steve Austin himself that he will not be returning as the host of WWE Tough Enough for the upcoming season on the USA Network that begins June 23rd. There are unconfirmed rumors that Chris Jericho may be getting that spot. There’s also no word yet on who the trainers will be but the NXT coaches at the WWE Performance Center are expected to be involved. Obviously Bill DeMott will not be returning for Tough Enough.

Prepare to hate Jericho more.

ibnYLzCsjiZ2Ca.gif

I don't recall this at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The commentary for Union Pro's show is recorded on one channel and it's tinny as fuck.

This is owned by the people who run DDT. How does this get by?

ibnYLzCsjiZ2Ca.gif

I don't recall this at all.

The vast majority of people I recall being most impressed with Dean Ambrose on the stick and as a character long before they came around on Seth and Roman. Seth was very weak on the mic for a long time, basically until his final betrayal really, and Roman was "the quiet badass", whereas Dean could cut extended promos in a convincing way. During the height of The Shield, most people were saying that Roman and Dean would be the stars, while Rollins would be stick as a Ziggler-esque "good hand" midcarder. Little did we know...

Top Bottom