• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Re-live your favorites' best moments on the WWE Network for only $9.99 per month!

Give the people money who killed said favorite superstars?
q5ZjZXo.gif

Kaladin

Kevin Owens @FightOwensFight

The footage of Hideo Itami’s path to Wrestlemania on tonight’s @WWENXT episode was so inspiring…Too bad I’ll have to take him out one day.

Dems fightin' words.

You know what's missing in WWE? Real relationships. And I don't just mean romantic, although some guys could benefit from an on-screen girlfriend or two.

What I mean is that outside of who people are currently feuding with, or a current tag team partner, nobody seems like they give much of a shit about anybody else. For someone like RKO or Rollins, who've treated everybody like shit, that makes sense, but for most others, it just makes for a very sterile, uninvolving program. Roman and Dean are best friends, in kayfabe, but outside of that great moment at the Rumble, you wouldn't know it, especially considering how often the two have been beaten down without the other coming out to help. John Cena has been there for over ten years, yet there's nobody that you can really say he's close to, in kayfabe. Daniel Bryan's best friend turned heel and totally repudiated him, for no particular reason, and his wife is a heel, so they can't acknowledge their relationship.

That's one thing that was kinda nice about the Ziggler-Rowan-Ryback alliance for a few months after Survivor Series - they seemed to care about each other. Wrestlers being connected to each other on a personal level both raises the stakes, dramatically, while also providing a convenient and consistent way to establish feuds and interweave different stories so the show doesn't feel as compartmentalized and flaccid.

Cagey

Banned
Neville sticks the landing without bouncing off his opponent like a springboard and landing 10 feet away, which is good, but in slo-mo that move looks so much less impressive.

Fatty fat fuck fat guy flops > flips > corkscrews.

XenoRaven

You know what's missing in WWE? Real relationships. And I don't just mean romantic, although some guys could benefit from an on-screen girlfriend or two.

What I mean is that outside of who people are currently feuding with, or a current tag team partner, nobody seems like they give much of a shit about anybody else. For someone like RKO or Rollins, who've treated everybody like shit, that makes sense, but for most others, it just makes for a very sterile, uninvolving program. Roman and Dean are best friends, in kayfabe, but outside of that great moment at the Rumble, you wouldn't know it, especially considering how often the two have been beaten down without the other coming out to help. John Cena has been there for over ten years, yet there's nobody that you can really say he's close to, in kayfabe. Daniel Bryan's best friend turned heel and totally repudiated him, for no particular reason, and his wife is a heel, so they can't acknowledge their relationship.

That's one thing that was kinda nice about the Ziggler-Rowan-Ryback alliance for a few months after Survivor Series - they seemed to care about each other. Wrestlers being connected to each other on a personal level both raises the stakes, dramatically, while also providing a convenient and consistent way to establish feuds and interweave different stories so the show doesn't feel as compartmentalized and flaccid.
John Cena and Zack Ryder were best friends! I know because WWE told me they were! That made it much more dramatic when Cena stole Ryder's girlfriend.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
No one ever said natty bawdy and I'm sure all the Quest bars the boys down at NXT consume have something or other.

That also bugged me. The fact they called those shitty, shitty chants "fuckin' hilarious" was really offputting.

Speaking of bullshit, where's that Jeevesmeister? He wanted to shoot on me and said I was a fraud and full of shit, then I asked him to PM me and I didn't get shit, and he turned tail and ran.

Get your ass out here and let's do this, baby.

Yes, because social justice work is totally a hypermasculine dick-waving contest of performative bravado. Thanks for proving my point in its entirety.

Sell me on WWE.

WWE is terrible and you'd have a much better time watching Lucha Underground.

6TRpxAc.gif

The Rock's physique was better back in the early 2000s - muscular, but still lean. His current look is a total caricature by comparison.

Otunga has a great physique. Neville's is alright, but it honestly just contributes to how strange of a look he has because it doesn't really suit his body type.

Finn's physique is good, as is Rollins', and honestly, RKO still looks like he was carved out of marble.

Edit: Oh, and Brock at Rumble had a great look. Just a fucking beast.

Heel

Neville is all positive thinking and multivitamins, brehs.

He's cleared WWE's stringent drug testing program time and time again, so we have no right to accuse or speculate.

Same goes for Kane, the 47 year old man with 6 pack abs.

Top Bottom