• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Zach

I think I liked ONS '05 more than '06. RVD winning was still kind of cool, but it would've been far better without interference.

Hasney

I think I liked ONS '05 more than '06. RVD winning was still kind of cool, but it would've been far better without interference.

Eh, they were never going to give RVD a totally clean title win over Cena, so it was the best we could have hoped for. Such a fun match regardless.

Wish RVD and Sabu never got busted though. ECW could have stayed fun for a little while longer and RVD would have at least held the WWE belt until Summerslam.

Except Joey Styles, who wished during ONS '05 that Mike Awesome would succeed during a suicide dive and kill himself. Welp.

I laughed

Bert409

Do indie wrestlers HAVE to do movez and flippy shit, or could somebody like Arn Anderson who is just a solid all-around master of the craft(but without overly fancy stuff) get over?

Do indie wrestlers HAVE to do movez and flippy shit, or could somebody like Arn Anderson who is just a solid all-around master of the craft(but without overly fancy stuff) get over?

I dunno, Zack Sabre count? I don't think he has any "movez" really, definitely no "flippy shit" either.

strobogo

Banned
Sunny McFlower, I've been watching you. I know you're a piece of shit who is full of shit. Talking about your love of titties and then jacking it with the bros. Just because you date pop stars you think you're special? FUCK YOU. You ain't shit, F U C C B O I.

gEXH0CP.gif

PS: Your website fucking sucks, mate.

Cagey

Banned
Sunny McFlower, I've been watching you. I know you're a piece of shit who is full of shit. Talking about your love of titties and then jacking it with the bros. Just because you date pop stars you think you're special? FUCK YOU. You ain't shit, F U C C B O I.

Checc out the fake ass crip here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

gEXH0CP.gif

PS: Your website fucking sucks, mate.

Well then allow me to retort
o1hCm4S.gif

Zack Sabre, Jr.
Timothy Thatcher
Drew Gulak

Those three came to mind immediately.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think you misread. It's their interpretation of Mari Nes, midcentury naturalist working out of the jungles of Borneo.

Kind of an obscure choice for a sexy photo shoot, but damn, Renee and Emma.

Looks like I have some research to do. My ignorance, exposed :(

went through the podcasts saved on my phone and I think I've decided that even though its not *WRASSLIN* After Dark takes the cake.

I think ryan from maryland vs brian ladd should end in the ring.

RP912

Banned

ONS 05 should have been the final chapter. Everything about that event was special from Heyman shooting hard to all of the originals doing their thing. ONS 06 was good for what it was but flawed as hell but at least it wasn't Hardcore Justice 2010 :/ :/.

The only thing good about that PPV was New Jack and Mustafa getting back together and New Jack calling Borash "his bitch". Besides that....holy shit that event was the worst.

So what exactly are they doing with Roman? A Big Show feud? Nothing until he's next in line for Seth?

Dude seems to still get a lot of cheers from the women, but it's like the writers can't properly manage so many feuds, so they halt his post-Mania storyline.

I wish we'd see him feud with Sheamus, leaving D. Bry open against a heel Ziggler, because the IC title scene hasn't had much out of it other than Sheamus getting thrown in with BnB, Bryan, and Ziggler.

From what I gather, Sheamus just heeled on Bryan and Ziggler just to turn heel, but is focusing on Ziggler, while Barrett is focusing on Bryan, which will probably lead to a 4 way...but then what? Do we see more of what we've seen building up to Mania, with multiple guys loosely feuding for the title?

I was hoping well built single feuds, like Bryan vs. Ziggler. We've seen lots of singles matches from the talented mid card guys, but none of it has really been for the IC title. BnB's reign sucked :(

It's like no one wants to give the midcarders a chance to have meaningful feuds with each other, so they just throw in random matches...

RP912

Banned
I like Hardcore Justice 2010. Fun little show.

It had SOME good moments like Dreamer/Raven "the final chapter". Other than that...the event was like that girl in high school you wanted to talk to because she looked so good and you meet her at a high school reunion to find out she's a smoker, have more tattoos than a high school gym indy wrestler, and have dentures :/.

Jamie OD

How would you rate Adam Pearce? He's good at that role but I never cared about him. Daisuke Sekimoto however matches that template almost perfectly.

I'm trying to come up with some sort of defined term for the wrestling game, as to what each demographic's traits would be to 'enjoy' a wrestling match/show.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome, as I know this is heavily based on my own opinion and influenced by North American product only.

Little Jimmys (4-16 year olds + family)

- Bright Characters
- Safe simple storylines
- Simple Match (trademark move + finisher)
- Catchphrases

Smarks (16+)

- Edgy Characters & "Indie Favourites"
- 4th Wall Storylines
- "Exciting"/Spot Monkey Matches

Mainstream Fans (Unsure on Age)

- See the most popular wrestlers

Hardcore Fans

- Technically good wrestler
- Varied matches
- Good in-ring storytelling
- Storylines/feuds that make sense (have continuity)

Granted there's crossover between each demographic in my mind, and I've probably been too narrow in vision with some them (that's my own limitation!) When I've thought about it this way, I can sort of see how 'well' WWE sort of caters for all demographics... sometimes.

Kaiterra

Banned
So what exactly are they doing with Roman? A Big Show feud? Nothing until he's next in line for Seth?

The pool of guys you actually can make him work against seems kinda depleted, which sucks. Times like this are when the roster feels really small, because the only real heels for him to work with are dudes like Big Show (ugh) or guys who are not on his level or tied up with other characters.

Maybe the Authority could bring in dudes like Rhyno or whoever as mercenaries to keep him distracted for a month or two.

Kaiterra

Banned
Maybe Roman can do some tag feuds for a bit. Have him piss off the Authority in a personal way that results in them attacking the Usos to teach him a lesson, injure Jimmy or Jey and he has to take his cousin's place in a tag match at a PPV (or just do a six man). Have him and Orton team up for some reason. Have him reunite with Dean!

I mean the downside to that is that's basically what they do for TV main events so it doesn't feel as special as it should, but there's gotta be a way to make it work and make it more interesting than what it seems like he has immediately lined up for him if you don't want him taking out Seth too quickly (and I sure don't).

KissVibes

Banned
Maybe Roman can do some tag feuds for a bit. Have him piss off the Authority in a personal way that results in them attacking the Usos to teach him a lesson, injure Jimmy or Jey and he has to take his cousin's place in a tag match at a PPV (or just do a six man). Have him and Orton team up for some reason. Have him reunite with Dean!

I mean the downside to that is that's basically what they do for TV main events so it doesn't feel as special as it should, but there's gotta be a way to make it work and make it more interesting than what it seems like he has immediately lined up for him if you don't want him taking out Seth too quickly (and I sure don't).

Story goes that Roman and Ryback are going to be tagging against Kane and Big Show at ER. Maybe they'll stick together? I expect Ryback to turn heel for no real reason, especially when a lot of the Ryback promos are about how sorry he is for being a bad guy.
Former WWE champion, who shockingly left the company last year, is reportedly returning imminently.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...we-world-heavyweight-champion-returning-soon/

WHY.

WHY.

WHY.

WHY.

WHY.

Oh shit, this must be who Bray is cutting promos on. JESUS CHRIST.

Top Bottom