• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

strobogo

Banned
If they get hired, Kurt Angle might finally end it once he's no longer the only gold medalist in WWE history. Why are you wishing death upon him, Datazord?

Hasney

440px-JinderMahal.jpg

Jinder Mahal
28 years old
Exists
From
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let me preface this by saying I like you. If I didn't, I'd keep my mouth shut.

Your demeanor when talking about social issues make it seem like you care more about feeling superior to people that don't fall exactly in line with what you think than it is about the people you're supposedly defending. That's my two cents. I understand that your heart is in the right place, and it probably doesn't come from a selfish place.

Personally, I feel like if you're really passionate about something, there's a way to engage people that will get them to think about it, and then there's a brutal, beat them over the head and berate them kind of way, and while the latter is sometimes appropriate, I don't think this thread is the place.

If you didn't like me you shoulda thrown even more fire at me! But I digress.

I really sound like I'm putting on an air of superiority? It took a while for me to come around to the shit I was saying that was problematic and the closed mindset I have. I've been doing my best to engage people that I believe feel the same as me inside but are convinced they're not perpetuating any more bullshit - which is how I had felt, and it took a lot of work with someone to sit down and explain to me that "here, this is what you're doing wrong and here is why it's bad. It doesn't make YOU bad, but you need to understand."

Part of it might be that I truly do consider WrassleGAF a very, VERY progressive community. There's another community I come by every once in a while and it's night and day regarding the differences - but 3 years ago, you wouldn't have seen any difference between the two. I do believe we've come forward and will continue to be a progressive community people can want their other communities to be like, which is great.

I'll do my best to not sound patronizing in the future - didn't realize I did, or sounded snooty.

Hex

Banned
WWE knows how to make video packages damn it.
Watching NXT 272 on the network, the Hideo Itami Wrestlemania doc and god damn it got me marking out in every way.
If you haven't watched it , do it because it is awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This WWE interview with Solomon Crowe...I'm cringing in spots. Most spots.

“I used to be a 325-pound kid who was always picked on. My best friends were my computer and wrestling,” Crowe said during an interview that he insisted be conducted via Skype. In fact, the term interview must be used loosely, as the conversation with Crowe vacillated between informative and ambiguous depending on the minute. Then again, would you expect anything different from a man who hails from Anonymous, Ohio?

His appearance is that of a classic nonconformist. Wearing labels like “outcast” and “loner” like a proverbial badge of honor, Crowe’s affinity for corruption is of the greatest concern. It’s a trait he says said he learned during his childhood.

“My family was all over the place,” he explained. “My father was a sergeant who served in Vietnam and my mother was a street-smart saleswoman,” he said. “My oldest brother was pretty much Captain America and works for the government, and my middle brother was an ex-con with the attitude of a pit bull, so I got the best of both worlds.

“I understand how corrupt this world can be,” he added. “My mother and father passed away a few years back, and I don’t really have that voice of reason anymore.”

In true Solomon Crowe fashion, he emailed us a binary code and insisted that our effort to decode it would give us the answer to our question. Luckily for you, we’ve completed the decoding: Click here to see Solomon Crowe’s answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd82zKBMxvY&feature=youtu.b

“I used to be a 325-pound kid who was always picked on. My best friends were my computer and wrestling,” Crowe said during an interview that he insisted be conducted via Skype. In fact, the term interview must be used loosely, as the conversation with Crowe vacillated between informative and ambiguous depending on the minute. Then again, would you expect anything different from a man who hails from Anonymous, Ohio?

His appearance is that of a classic nonconformist. Wearing labels like “outcast” and “loner” like a proverbial badge of honor, Crowe’s affinity for corruption is of the greatest concern. It’s a trait he says said he learned during his childhood.

“My family was all over the place,” he explained. “My father was a sergeant who served in Vietnam and my mother was a street-smart saleswoman,” he said. “My oldest brother was pretty much Captain America and works for the government, and my middle brother was an ex-con with the attitude of a pit bull, so I got the best of both worlds.

“I understand how corrupt this world can be,” he added. “My mother and father passed away a few years back, and I don’t really have that voice of reason anymore.”

In true Solomon Crowe fashion, he emailed us a binary code and insisted that our effort to decode it would give us the answer to our question. Luckily for you, we’ve completed the decoding: Click here to see Solomon Crowe’s answer.

68a.jpg

strobogo

Banned
ME WEE COUSIN FERGAL
A6R29nE.jpg

Lol. I hope that is just a weird perspective. Otherwise, the idea of Balor being a top guy while looking like an in shape 15 year old is hilarious. He's like...1/3rd the size of Sheamus. Reminds me of the Ambrose/Cena match after WM when there was a shot of their arms on the mat and Cena's arm was literally over double the size of Dean's.

KissVibes

Banned

How long until he is wearing meme shirts, cutting promos about memes, and making weird 4chan references from 2007.

Next year he can debut on WWE against Cena by interrupting a promo of his with a rickroll.

XenoRaven

If you didn't like me you shoulda thrown even more fire at me! But I digress.

I really sound like I'm putting on an air of superiority? It took a while for me to come around to the shit I was saying that was problematic and the closed mindset I have. I've been doing my best to engage people that I believe feel the same as me inside but are convinced they're not perpetuating any more bullshit - which is how I had felt, and it took a lot of work with someone to sit down and explain to me that "here, this is what you're doing wrong and here is why it's bad. It doesn't make YOU bad, but you need to understand."

Part of it might be that I truly do consider WrassleGAF a very, VERY progressive community. There's another community I come by every once in a while and it's night and day regarding the differences - but 3 years ago, you wouldn't have seen any difference between the two. I do believe we've come forward and will continue to be a progressive community people can want their other communities to be like, which is great.

I'll do my best to not sound patronizing in the future - didn't realize I did, or sounded snooty.
No need to take my word as gospel. Just giving you my take.

I went through a similar thing where my beliefs and views on things were pretty ass backwards. I have a close friend who was very patient with me and explained why some of the things I thought were wrong. It changed my perspective on things, but I kind of got a bit of an ego about it and put some people off. I just try to remember that there was a time where I was pretty ignorant, and if I'm trying to change someone's mind on something, I should approach them in a way I would have wanted to have been approached when I was still an empty headed moron.

XenoRaven

Lol. I hope that is just a weird perspective. Otherwise, the idea of Balor being a top guy while looking like an in shape 15 year old is hilarious. He's like...1/3rd the size of Sheamus. Reminds me of the Ambrose/Cena match after WM when there was a shot of their arms on the mat and Cena's arm was literally over double the size of Dean's.
At the risk of sounding like the Balor defense force, he seems like he's standing several feet behind Sheamus.

Cagey

Banned
Can we all just admit that, despite all the jokes about Prince Devitt joining WWE and becoming an Irish joke partner for Sheamus... that Sheamus and Balor standing side-by-side does look like it'd be an awesome tag team.

strobogo

Banned
Can we all just admit that, despite all the jokes about Prince Devitt joining WWE and becoming an Irish joke partner for Sheamus... that Sheamus and Balor standing side-by-side does look like it'd be an awesome tag team.

It looks like a dad trying to teach his young son how to fly.

Ithil

cows39slc.jpg

Toki767

Devitt is like 5'11". So just barely taller than Bryan. All the good workers in NXT are under 6'. Except Owens who is just 6'.

This is why all NXT callups to WWE are basically doomed before they even begin. Vince will never believe in people under 6'3".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, you can do a lot of cool things with big size discrepancies, but I doubt they will.

strobogo

Banned
Shaemus is only 6'4" ?

Fucking hell, I'm as tall as him

"only 6'4"" What? That's a big dude. He's 6 inches taller than the average in Ireland and the US.

Devitt is like 5'11". So just barely taller than Bryan. All the good workers in NXT are under 6'. Except Owens who is just 6'.

This is why all NXT callups to WWE are basically doomed before they even begin. Vince will never believe in people under 6'3".

Bryan isn't close to 5'11". He's more like 5'6" or 5'7". I don't think Owens is 6 feet tall, either.

Toki767

And then you have Baron Corbin who is basically the tallest guy on NXT at 6'8". So you know Vince will take a liking to him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

And he ain't wrong. Wrestling logic 101 is doing your best to hide size when someone isn't as big as they appear on TV. It's why BJW's Strong division works so well because the whole roster has guys of a similar height and so your only perspective is how big they appear. So they look like fucking godzilla and king kong. If you put Great Khali in there, you would IMMEDIATELY pick up that Sekimoto is 5'9" and never not notice it

Ithil

Cena is 6'0.

Toki767

And he ain't wrong. Wrestling logic 101 is doing your best to hide size when someone isn't as big as they appear on TV. It's why BJW's Strong division works so well because the whole roster has guys of a similar height and so your only perspective is how big they appear. So they look like fucking godzilla and king kong. If you put Great Khali in there, you would IMMEDIATELY pick up that Sekimoto is 5'9" and never not notice it

I'm not saying Vince is right or wrong on it.

But I do think HHH is signing these famous indie guys and he knows there's no way in hell Vince will agree to feature any of them as legitimate main eventers for the most part.

Cena seems to be the exception, but that's probably cause he's a body builder so he has the body that Vince likes.

Kaladin

Seth Rollins is 6' 1".

I think WWE is realizing that height and build doesn't matter as much as performance does with their newest recruitment strategy. Sure, they still go for the Baron Corbins of the world, but that's not all they're going after. In fact, it's more of a rarity these days in newer signees.

They're building the next generation based on in ring performance, not look or build.

Sephzilla

Seth Rollins is 6' 1".

I think WWE is realizing that height and build doesn't matter as much as performance does with their newest recruitment strategy. Sure, they still go for the Baron Corbins of the world, but that's not all they're going after. In fact, it's more of a rarity these days in newer signees.

They're building the next generation based on in ring performance, not look or build.

Great Khali is coming back

Top Bottom