• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

strobogo

Banned
Miniak noooo, it's "February"
H67gCdD.png

Nah brah. February is fabulous. Fabruary.

Every day is FABruary when you're Miniak.

What about The Bucks?

I can see some appeal in them and they at least look like they are capable of the moves they are doing. Everything Elgin does looks like absolute shit and he looks like he's constantly just thinking really hard on how not to fuck everything up.

Y'know what's funny is that "make Roman look strong" anecdote wasn't about WWE pushing a guy. Punk fully understood that Roman was their guy, and why wouldn't they want to make Roman look strong? The anecdote was about the weird illogical booking of putting him over when a loss wouldn't have hurt him and they have a guy they want to build up, and the disorganization inherent in having several different members of management come over and ask him to do the same thing independently of one another.

It was an anecdote about WWE's poor management, not about Roman. But now everyone's going "make Roman look strong!" like it was somehow out of whack for WWE to prioritize the build of a young guy with great hair, a handsome face (my mom jokingly calls him her boyfriend when my dad and nephew watch wrestling), and a football player's physique.

Edit: Exclusive footage of Sunny and strobogo hanging out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8P1oGF2nnA

DMczaf

Have we talked about WWE filing a new copyright for Halloween Havoc and Starrcade?

Have we talked about this?

wargames are next.

Cagey

Banned
Y'know what's funny is that "make Roman look strong" anecdote wasn't about WWE pushing a guy. Punk fully understood that Roman was their guy, and why wouldn't they want to make Roman look strong? The anecdote was about the weird illogical booking of putting him over when a loss wouldn't have hurt him and they have a guy they want to build up, and the disorganization inherent in having several different members of management come over and ask him to do the same thing independently of one another.

It was an anecdote about WWE's poor management, not about Roman. But now everyone's going "make Roman look strong!" like it was somehow out of whack for WWE to prioritize the build of a young guy with great hair, a handsome face (my mom jokingly calls him her boyfriend when my dad and nephew watch wrestling), and a football player's physique.

Edit: Exclusive footage of Sunny and strobogo hanging out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8P1oGF2nnA

Correct, it was about how one guy beating three by himself but ensuring to make the other three guys look good in the process of losing to one guy is asinine, but that didn't stop the pre-WM parade of stupidity.

Mercifully with Reigns not winning at WM, the threads have been more bearable.

I'm willing to give ANY indie a shot, they're doing their thing and even a dogshit show can be a ton of fun. :)

Another local one, I thought it was inspired yet horrendous. I...yeah.
UYQ5xnw.png

50 Shades of Rage one was inspired. They've had a lot of fun ones recently as there's a newer girl doing the posters and they all come from riffed in jokes.
Oh man, I love this. The guy pictured is a great guy, too - I love the response though.

tk3Tzcd.png
That's my boy, the 6-pack athlete Sam Stackhouse also known as 1 Man Sam for lols.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
50 Shades of Rage one was inspired. They've had a lot of fun ones recently as there's a newer girl doing the posters and they all come from riffed in jokes.

That's my boy, the 6-pack athlete Sam Stackhouse also known as 1 Man Sam for lols.

He is delightful.

Poster for the next local show. New Mexico pulls in the big stars :D

Lb3xqlD.jpg

That actually looks pretty great.

notworksafe

That actually looks pretty great.
DWO puts on a great show. A few years ago they used to be super hardcore bloody mess wrasslin but now they've cleaned up their image and put on a really fun show. I wasn't going the events for bit but the last few I've attended were awesome.

They usually do a hardcore match once every few months though and go all out.

Have we talked about Renee Young's latest photoshoot?

Can we talk about this for a second?

pls

The back shot is nice.

But man, whoever WWE's photographer was doesn't know how to pose models at all. I mean, some of those poses (random, unsexy, clumsy-looking squatting poses especially) are downright embarrassing.

I mean, you've got Summer Rae, whose best feature is clearly her long legs, and they've got her squatting down in one photo in such a way that it looks like she's got legit palsy. Emma looks like she's flat out taking a dump in one of her shots.

Terrible. It's like any shot where the girls actually look good is a stroke of luck.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Ding ding ding

IWC took it as their personal crusade to shit on Roman going forward no matter what.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Posted this in the WWE Network thread first, but anyways, I have never been much into wrestling, but after one of the guys I really liked for his flamboyance when I was young, recently was inducted in the hall of fame - Macho Man Randy Savage - I have started to watch a few of his matches, and man, this guy was really an amazing performer. And that makes me wonder why the WWF was so adamant on him retiring. First that angle with the Ultimate Warrior, and then just a few years later, once again pushing him to a color commentator role for no reason, at a time when the WWF seemingly was screaming for some better top guys. Is there more to this, or was it just bad writing/planning on behalf of the WWF?

Something is weird about this.

1. It's before any of that potential stuff he is usually accused of, which all the scuttlebutt says that it happened right before he left.
2. For all of the talk of using younger talent the same Wrestlemania Macho Man first sits out, IX, has them bringing back Bob Backlund. King Kong Bundy is brought back a few months later, and a year after he leaves Roddy Piper is in a major program.
3. Even though he admitted to doing steroids he's not got the body like Hogan or Warrior where he looks completely different when he's not juicing.
4. He clearly still had it; when they do the feud with Crush he is clearly getting the biggest pop of the night.

Friends, is Michael Elgin the worst dude in a major indie?

Yup, dude is the worst. A strongman who's not strong, is incredibly dull and has one of the worst looks on any Indy show he's appearing on. ROH needs to dump this goober.

Pretty much everyone who had a match on both cards had a better match on IYH2.

Double J has the best match of his career on this show. The song is actually pretty good!

Mid 90's Double J is pretty underrated. Easily one of the best workers they had during that time period.

Yup, dude is the worst. A strongman who's not strong, is incredibly dull and has one of the worst looks on any Indy show he's appearing on. ROH needs to dump this goober.

Mid 90's Double J is pretty underrated. Easily one of the best workers they had during that time period.

Elgin is pretty strong but yes, his best times are behind him. Unless he can revitalize his career like AJ, his days as a top indy draw is gone. He isn't going to NJPW, that is for sure.

strobogo

Banned
Elgin is pretty strong but yes, his best times are behind him. Unless he can revitalize his career like AJ, his days as a top indy draw is gone. He isn't going to NJPW, that is for sure.

Dude, he's terrible. Everything he does looks weak as fuck and he has zero personality. His super strong spots aren't impressive with 160 pound dudes. Then you see him next to Todd Sinclair and they are the same size.

Have we talked about the big elephant in the room that Bray Wyatt sucks now? His promo voice has turned into a parody of itself, his character is super one dimensional, and he calls himself the "new face of fear" even though he lost to Taker.

scabro

Have we talked about the big elephant in the room that Bray Wyatt sucks now? His promo voice has turned into a parody of itself, his character is super one dimensional, and he calls himself the "new face of fear" even though he lost to Taker.

I can't give my two cents on Wyatt, as my television mysteriously changes channels whenever he appears on screen. I should have that checked out.

strobogo

Banned
Anyone excited to see Samoa Joe in NXT clearly haven't seen his matches in ROH where he is slow, gassed, can barely get his legs up for kicks, and sweats more than IRS 4 minutes in.

Hi, I don't ever post in this thread but I've got a question for those of you who know a lot about wrestling.

Something that I've noticed is that the WWE announcers (particularly Michael Cole but the others as well) never (or very rarely?) use possessive nouns when talking about what's going on in the ring. For example, instead of saying "his fist went straight into John Cena's face!" they'll say something like "his fist went straight into the face... of John Cena!"

Why is that?

Vylash

Anyone excited to see Samoa Joe in NXT clearly haven't seen his matches in ROH where he is slow, gassed, can barely get his legs up for kicks, and sweats more than IRS 4 minutes in.
I'd like to think the performance center would do wonders for him but...
itkRJyD.jpg

Top Bottom