• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

KissVibes

Banned
I'd like to think the performance center would do wonders for him but...
itkRJyD.jpg

Hero was on the juice to get into the WWE. Once he had to stop, his body went to shit. Oh and apparently he is lazy as fuck when it comes to working out and caring for himself.

Joe may actually be more motivated.

hamchan

Hi, I don't ever post in this thread but I've got a question for those of you who know a lot about wrestling.

Something that I've noticed is that the WWE announcers (particularly Michael Cole but the others as well) never (or very rarely?) use possessive nouns when talking about what's going on in the ring. For example, instead of saying "his fist went straight into John Cena's face!" they'll say something like "his fist went straight into the face... of John Cena!"

Why is that?

Probably think the audience can't remember names if they say it in the middle of sentences.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone excited to see Samoa Joe in NXT clearly haven't seen his matches in ROH where he is slow, gassed, can barely get his legs up for kicks, and sweats more than IRS 4 minutes in.

Weird that people would be excited about someone going from TNA to somewhere else

who's gonna put forth any effort to wrestle mark briscoe

Striker

Probably think the audience can't remember names if they say it in the middle of sentences.
Definitely has something to do with it. Listen to a Cena, Stephanie, or Triple H promo where they do nothing but use exposition and repeat the next PPV name (WWE Fastlane tm) four hundred times. Cole does it as well.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

ROH Supercard of Honor IX 3/27/15

• ACH vs Mark Briscoe
  • Michael Elgin vs Frankie Kazarian
  • Tommaso Ciampa vs Moose vs Caprice Coleman vs Cedric Alexander vs Matt Sydal vs Andrew Everett Six Man Mayhem
  • Jimmy Jacobs vs BJ Whitmer
  • Christopher Daniels vs Roderick Strong
  • The Kingdom vs reDRagon ROH Tag Team Championships
  • Jushin Liger vs Jay Lethal ROH Television Championship
  • Samoa Joe vs Jay Briscoe ROH Championship

A really strong show held inside a pole barn with the sun as lights that caused atmospheric shadows and sometimes caused men to disappear like angels ascending to heaven and some of the best commentary this side of Rob Bartlett.

MiDjkdF.gif

Db4mSOm.gif

2DHKDQ1.gif

VgWJmgO.gif

YTJIvqS.gif

KissVibes

Banned
ROH is owned by a fucking major east coast broadcasting company but looks barely better than your average youtube fed.

That lighting is the most embarassing shit.

This talk of Indie feds made me look up what's near me. Anyone know how SMASH Wrestling is? I think Bootaaay made some posts about it before. One of their venues they use alot is half an hour away from meand has 15 buck tickets for their shows, 30 for front row VIP.

SMASH is a lot of fun, they have a good roster of up-and-coming Canadian talent mixed with some of the best imports from the US. Haven't been disappointed with a show of theirs yet. Check out their Rival Schools 2014 event;

http://smash-wrestling.com/product/rival-schools-2014-digital-download/

It's entirely free (incidentally, how I first learned on SMASH).

KissVibes

Banned
Elgin may be my least favorite wrestler.

His look sucks, he isn't even 1/4 as strong as he wants you to believe, his promos suck, he seems like a big crybaby on Twitter, and he isn't great at wrestling.

I really wish he'd go play baseball.

l6aa1ar.gif

*edit, goddamn, stro - that review was so fucking negative. Please, no more ROH for you. Try another indie. ROH, as you can clearly tell, isn't the be all and end all of indie wrestling.

strobogo

Banned
What a devastating move from Elgin. He's so strong, jumping down on the ring can knock a dude down from sheer force

He looks terrible when he actually does hit someone, too.

qoKg80A.gif

l6aa1ar.gif

*edit, goddamn, stro - that review was so fucking negative. Please, no more ROH for you. Try another indie. ROH, as you can clearly tell, isn't the be all and end all of indie wrestling.

Just calling it as I see it, bruv. An argument can be made that ROH is the second biggest promotion in the US and....look at it. Truly a pathetic display from start to finish in all aspects. Except for the refs. They were fine.

Just calling it as I see it, bruv. An argument can be made that ROH is the second biggest promotion in the US and....look at it. Truly a pathetic display from start to finish in all aspects. Except for the refs. They were fine.

It does look like a particularly shitty show, I'll grant you, but I was just amazed that you kept up the negativity for the entire review, lol. Fucking brutal.

Can I get you to review this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM

You get to watch Zack vs Devitt. The production's superior to ROH as well, even without hardcam footage.

strobogo

Banned
It does look like a particularly shitty show, I'll grant you, but I was just amazed that you kept up the negativity for the entire review, lol. Fucking brutal.

Can I get you to review this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM

You get to watch Zack vs Devitt. The production's superior to ROH as well, even without hardcam footage.

It was hard to muster anything for the title matches. God damn were those boring as fuck. Just brutally uninteresting.

You ain't getting me to watch that tiny ring shit.

Recall

ROH is owned by a fucking major east coast broadcasting company but looks barely better than your average youtube fed.

That lighting is the most embarassing shit.

It's been that way since 2004 and it is one of the many things that I really dislike about about ROH. The production values are total trash.

Hell in 2004 every time they switched to a different camera you got the most absurd difference in white balance/filter that it looked like two different shows spliced together.

Ithil

They have some weird obsession with saying names over and over. Like instead of calling a suplex or a bulldog, they'll just yell "AMBROSE" or "ROLLINS".

Given their equal obsession with recapping, and they seem to think countless new viewers are tuning in at any one time.

AMAZING Papa Shango art.

EPPrxdD.jpg

I bet some dude has that tattooed on his back. Looks fucking awesome!

Have we talked about the big elephant in the room that Bray Wyatt sucks now? His promo voice has turned into a parody of itself, his character is super one dimensional, and he calls himself the "new face of fear" even though he lost to Taker.

His program has been shithouse ever since Cena. The idea of throwing him into Ambrose for a feud seemed like a good idea but they did nothing with it. It was boring. It was stupid. Ambrose didn't really grow much out of that and Bray didn't get anything out of it.

They need to hit the reset button, throw the Wyatt's back together for a short time to establish some kind of flow to their characters. Which sucks because Harper has been awesome to watch in the ring fucking shit up, problem is his stuff outside the ring isn't compelling.

The talent is there. Just need to get a good stew going. Need one or two writers that really want to make some magic happen with those superstars.

Anyone excited to see Samoa Joe in NXT clearly haven't seen his matches in ROH where he is slow, gassed, can barely get his legs up for kicks, and sweats more than IRS 4 minutes in.

Will he get TV time or just house shows to draw in the indie crowd? I wouldn't mind watching Rhino and Joe go nuts on each other for 10 minutes.

In every match I've seen where Charlotte and Sasha Banks both participated, I felt like Sasha Banks outperformed Charlotte both in terms of in-ring personality and stunts.

Sephzilla

WrassleGAF bumped to second page of community? Ratings are down, we need a new face. Anyways how was NXT this week? I'm behind on my stuff

Cagey

Banned
Does Hero spare no fucks for dieting and nutrition and conditioning and exercise, or does he have some sort of food addiction, or does he have a sense of entitlement that he doesn't need those things? What is the guy's problem?

One would think being in NXT and seeing people bust their asses in the gym and eating right would clue him into what he needs to do...

I won't ever step foot in a ring unless I wind up stupid rich and I sign up for wrestling school for the lulz, I sit at a desk 8-10 hours a day, and my god I'd never let myself get that far.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hi, I don't ever post in this thread but I've got a question for those of you who know a lot about wrestling.

Something that I've noticed is that the WWE announcers (particularly Michael Cole but the others as well) never (or very rarely?) use possessive nouns when talking about what's going on in the ring. For example, instead of saying "his fist went straight into John Cena's face!" they'll say something like "his fist went straight into the face... of John Cena!"

Why is that?

...now I'm gonna notice this every time. Shit.

Bandini

Good morning, wrestling fans.

Last night I dreamt I was CM Punk, and I was working out with Brock Lesnar in preparation of my UFC fight. When I asked him who he thought I was going to fight, he said I would be fighting him. I got really scared and said "That's crazy, you've got like 80 pounds on me!" Then he made me do a bunch of pull-ups.

Later we were in an office with a whiteboard on the wall. It had "CM PUNK" written on it and a drawing of a microphone. On the other side a bunch of names were crossed out, and I noticed Brock was one of them. That's when I remembered I'd be fighting a 130 lb. Hispanic guy, and realized Brock had been ribbing me. I felt very relieved.

Thanks for reading.

Kaladin

Does Hero spare no fucks for dieting and nutrition and conditioning and exercise, or does he have some sort of food addiction, or does he have a sense of entitlement that he doesn't need those things? What is the guy's problem?

One would think being in NXT and seeing people bust their asses in the gym and eating right would clue him into what he needs to do...

It's hard to say, before NXT he actually looked decent for an indie guy.

dpp0698-l.jpg

Makes me think it's a health issue maybe.

Just watched the Jericho/Cena interview and Cena claims natty. Even Lex Lugar admitted to steroid use on Monday Night RAW in the fucking 90's at the height of the WWFs steroid scandal. Why can't Cena just say "Yeah I did a few cycles in the past when I was young" or something like that.

Kaladin

Just watched the Jericho/Cena interview and Cena claims natty. Even Lex Lugar admitted to steroid use on Monday Night RAW in the fucking 90's at the height of the WWFs steroid scandal. Why can't Cena just say "Yeah I did a few cycles in the past when I was young" or something like that.

The one thing you can say in his favor on that, is that he HAS had the same physique throughout his career.

Makes you think that it is more natural than others.

The one thing you can say in his favor on that, is that he HAS had the same physique throughout his career.

Makes you think that it is more natural than others.

Not at all. He was much more lean and ripped up in 2003-4 than he is now. He's much bigger now. I'm sure he was always on something. Lugar looked virtually the same throughout his career as well.

Cagey

Banned

From the ROH shows I saw him at live, he struck me as a tall, skinnyfat guy who would benefit tremendously from a 6-9 month weight training bootcamp.

Now he's just straight up obese.

KissVibes

Banned

dpp0698-l.jpg

He was on the juice.

WWE knew he was on the juice. When him and Cesaro were trying to get in as a package deal, it came out he was claiming his testosterone levels were naturally very high. So they signed Cesaro and skipped Hero.

Months later, he gets normal levels and gets a developmental contract. Then his body goes to shit, reports leak that he was going to get called up but he was lazy about working out. Then they pulled him off NXT to get his shit in order and shortly before he is cut, he shows up wearing a shitty onezie looking like he ate a copy of himself.

bjork

I won't ever step foot in a ring unless I wind up stupid rich and I sign up for wrestling school for the lulz, I sit at a desk 8-10 hours a day, and my god I'd never let myself get that far.

I look like that and I'm active 8h/day at work. It's poor diet and no exercise.

Anyway, I had a dream that I got a job at a skateboard shop with Xpac. Was rearranging a shirt rack and was like, "wait, this is work. This sucks." Then I woke up and went to my real job, arguably worse.

XShagrath

My personal opinion on all the body talk going on:

I don't care, as long as they can work. Chris Hero can still go (as far as I've seen lately). I'd much rather watch someone like ACH or Trevor Lee over any of the ripped guys on the WWE roster.

Kaladin

My personal opinion on all the body talk going on:

I don't care, as long as they can work. Chris Hero can still go (as far as I've seen lately). I'd much rather watch someone like ACH or Trevor Lee over any of the ripped guys on the WWE roster.

Hero can still go, but he needs to go back to the shirt and pants look he had, or something......the trunks are doing nothing for him now.

Top Bottom