• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

He basically said "Fuck Roman" without actually saying it. Maybe bitter is more the term. Whatever it is, it doesn't make Punk look good.

He really wasn't, the story was about shitty management. "Make [anyone] look strong" is a condescending as fuck thing to say to a wrestler, especially when you're saying it to someone who you are also saying is one of your best/most important workers, Punk directly said it in the interview "Did they expect I was going to make him look like a piece of shit?" He also said that Roman should have just beaten him because that's what make senses in a 3 on 1 handicap, but they were blowing smoke up his ass giving him the W.

The fact that marks permuted the story into a meme against Roman is just well... because they're marks

Use your words Data West

strobogo

Banned
Punk's go to passive aggressive move was to bitch about stuff while doing media and go into work and be all, "Nah, everything's fine".

Paracelsus

People seem to spin his interview any way it fits their image.

He wasn't trying to come off as a champion of justice, the tl;dr of the whole thing was "you're never gonna put me over, you're killing me to work your mediocre no-talent goons, I am in for the money but you pay me like shit, I'm outta here". He probably said "pay me" like 39 times in two hours. Disgruntled? Sure. In the wrong? Who knows.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mediocre by whose standards?
Punk?
Who cares if Punk thinks they're mediocre? That doesn't mean they are. Just means Punk thinks they are. Punk's not a wrestling savant himself. Even in the indies.

strobogo

Banned
When did he ever do this?

Like...everything from 2011-2013. Which he touched on in other interviews where he'd go into work and they'd ask him if there was a problem and he'd say, "Nah, it's fine" just to avoid an argument. But then he'd do his side on some random morning radio show in Iowa.

Like...everything from 2011-2013. Which he touched on in other interviews where he'd go into work and they'd ask him if there was a problem and he'd say, "Nah, it's fine" just to avoid an argument. But then he'd do his side on some random morning radio show in Iowa.

When were you working at WWE?

bjork

It's only cool to trash another wrestler in kayfabe. Like when HHH asked Masters about losing 40 pounds in a week or whatever. Or the Rock, in every feud ever.

GAF, it just dawned on me that, last night, I was a 25-year-old white male drinking chocolate milk out of a glass that has Looney Tunes characters on it while talking about wrestling on the internet.

What's the appropriate form of self-annihilation for that? Friend dream, I feel like this is your area of expertise, any advice?

Ugh, I can't believe I let myself get dragged into another dumbfuck discussion about CM Punk like it's 2014 again. Fuck you all

post-53189-taylor-swift-crotch-chop-gif-I-XFod.gif

bjork

GAF, it just dawned on me that, last night, I was a 25-year-old white male drinking chocolate milk out of a glass that has Looney Tunes characters on it while talking about wrestling on the internet.

What's the appropriate form of self-annihilation for that? Friend dream, I feel like this is your area of expertise, any advice?

Any self-respecting fan would drink from these instead.

I'm drinking arizona tea straight from the big jug

TronWayne

Okay all you Swiftamaniacs I wanted to see if I could get some thoughts on something. So let me get a fave five out of the way.

Childhood Fave Five (I only recently got back into Wrestling)
1. Steve Austin
2. Gangrel (Probably just because of the entrance)
3. Ultimo Dragon
4. X-Pac (I'm not shitting anyone here)
5. WCW Chris Jericho

Anyway, I have a project for a class in which I'll be filming and interviewing at a local indie. I've never covered anything like this, or really done any sort of documentary-esque interviews. Any thoughts on some good questions outside of the typical "how you got your start?" or "who are some of your inspirations?"

Check the website out, I'm pretty sure "The Stro" will be there...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The tank thing was actually a big deal. It was the first time they went on the offensive since Billionaire Ted. I'm not saying DX was better than the NWO or more important, but it isn't as insignificant as many claim it was.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Alex Riley is working all of you with his meta heel work. That's the new thing in wrestling. Like the Young Bucks with their wrestling moves that don't make any sense to get heat and Jimmy Havoc and his metalcore 15 year olds cannibalism promo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okay all you Swiftamaniacs I wanted to see if I could get some thoughts on something. So let me get a fave five out of the way.

Childhood Fave Five (I only recently got back into Wrestling)
1. Steve Austin
2. Gangrel (Probably just because of the entrance)
3. Ultimo Dragon
4. X-Pac (I'm not shitting anyone here)
5. WCW Chris Jericho

Anyway, I have a project for a class in which I'll be filming and interviewing at a local indie. I've never covered anything like this, or really done any sort of documentary-esque interviews. Any thoughts on some good questions outside of the typical "how you got your start?" or "who are some of your inspirations?"

Check the website out, I'm pretty sure "The Stro" will be there...

"You can't keep doing this at 50. What's your long-term plan?"

It's hard for me to feel TOO bad for Cesaro when he's not shown himself to have much personality independent of the people he's worked with. He's one of the very best wrestlers on the planet, but a guy can only have good matches for so long before you just kinda wonder why you should care, y'know?

bjork

The tank thing was actually a big deal. It was the first time they went on the offensive since Billionaire Ted. I'm not saying DX was better than the NWO or more important, but it isn't as insignificant as many claim it was.

It was less important in the scheme of ratings and anything ever than something like Bischoff giving RAW results away on Nitro. It's just that they've constantly promoted it as a big thing for 20 years, so now people go "oh fuck bro" or whatever about it.

It was dumb because HHH-run DX was dumb. Coke-era HBK DX foreva

Carnby

You're right. It was awesome when it happened. Watching them outright trash wcw was amazing. It just wasn't as big as WWE makes us want to believe.

strobogo

Banned
The DX in a JEEP thing wasn't even that cool at the time. And it's definitely not nearly as cool now that WWE has been hyping it as the biggest moment in wrestling history for 15 years.

Kaladin

I kinda wish we could have had the attitude era without DX. Austin / McMahon defined the era for me. DX was just stupid shit and cock jokes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DX going to a fucking parking area wasn't as revolutionary as Rick Flair holding the WCW title on Superstars.

The belt appeared before Flair. Still the biggest what the fuck moment in wrestling or at worst tied with Vince on Nitro.

Top Bottom