• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I fucking hate the booking of Yokozuna vs Undertaker. You take one of the two most dominant monsters in the wrestling world at that time (the other being Vader in WCW) and the most dominant champion in WWF history up to that point and you take him from being completely badass unstoppable runs through everyone from Bret Hart to Kamala to Earthquake and then you make him a total fucking bitch to Undertaker who can't beat him at anything.

I think that was the first time I began to think, 'Man, fuck Undertaker's bullshit god mode. Worse than fucking Hogan' Even the Luger feud didn't fuck up Yoko as much as the Undertaker one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This was a little ways back....but...
tumblr_nmmlj9slDD1s0zdtdo1_400.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
STOmaker
Fu1Hln4.gif

WNe6YXk.gif

htBoFc4.gif

JQPCFWs.gif

It's always weird watching Dragon Gate dudes work non-DG people. DG guys are so ridiculously emotive. Almost cartoony.

Reading the Punk SI Interview...ugh.It's like, the guy's so smart in some ways, and so deluded in others. Like him saying he wished he had done MMA ten years ago. It's like...you realize ten years ago,you would have been a dead broke nobody with zero experience or athleticism, right? You really would trade millions of dollars and fame?

Yeah that's what he's saying. He doesn't care about having the money, he's thinking about how much more training in MMA he would have had at this age. Which is an extra 10 years training. All hypothetical of course.

I enjoyed your writeup. Glad it was generally a great time!

Yeah, sorry it ended so abruptly. I suddenly realised how tired I was and stuff. Also, the second half was surprisingly poor in comparison to the first half. :c

... I'll be honest, Reigns wasn't THAT bad. He did not, however, suit any 'main event' feel even half as much as Cena. He really, REALLY could use more time to grow, although fortunately, he seems to be getting it. Props to Big Slow for fighting with all the grace and style of a dead Blobfish.

Sounds pretty fun. Neville and Balor are both special talents. Nice that you got to see them live. I was pretty blown away when I saw Neville live for the first time at a Dragon Gate show. Really hope he takes off on the main roster.

Drunk promo guy sounds funnily annoying.

Yup, I was hugely impressed. Both men totally should be on the main roster by now. Also, both men were the fittest men on the show. NXT seems to be that in general.

Thanks for the post fella. That R-Truth segment sounds.....odd.

Yes, it was really weird. It was kinda like they werw thinking 'oh God, if we send out a white guy, it's gonna seem racist'. As a result, R-Truth was just... There. Pretty funny, though. Still, credit where credit is due; Xavier didn't give a shit, and R-Truth carried the match to be somewhat enjoyable!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
"Can someone explain to me/I don't understand why" are the fucking worst threads in existence.

Nah. LTTP/RTTP threads.

Big fucking woop you asshole you finally seen some shit that every other dumb ass has seen. Bump the last thread or the original thread you fuck.

Midgets got a lot more work in the movies in the 80's, must have been a good time to be a dwarf.

strobogo

Banned
I fucking hate the booking of Yokozuna vs Undertaker. You take one of the two most dominant monsters in the wrestling world at that time (the other being Vader in WCW) and the most dominant champion in WWF history up to that point and you take him from being completely badass unstoppable runs through everyone from Bret Hart to Kamala to Earthquake and then you make him a total fucking bitch to Undertaker who can't beat him at anything.

I think that was the first time I began to think, 'Man, fuck Undertaker's bullshit god mode. Worse than fucking Hogan' Even the Luger feud didn't fuck up Yoko as much as the Undertaker one.

Even more egregious in my opinion was Vader's booking in WWF. He comes in at the Rumble and beating the shit out of everyone on Raw the next night. Then he's suspended for a few months. When he returns and gets his first singles match on PPV, it's against Yoko, a dude he had already punked and broken the leg of. And he's booked as a complete chicken shit heel the likes of Seth Rollins and can't get any offense without Jim Cornette causing a distraction first. It's awful. And Yoko at this point was getting close to 700 pounds and could barely move, so they sacrificed the aura and badassitude of Vader for a dude they were never going to push again and would be taken off TV soon anyway.

Vince McMahon always talks about how the WWF is the only place that knows how to book big men, but fuck. The track record gets very spotty after Andre and Taker.

klonere

Banned
Even more egregious in my opinion was Vader's booking in WWF. He comes in at the Rumble and beating the shit out of everyone on Raw the next night. Then he's suspended for a few months. When he returns and gets his first singles match on PPV, it's against Yoko, a dude he had already punked and broken the leg of. And he's booked as a complete chicken shit heel the likes of Seth Rollins and can't get any offense without Jim Cornette causing a distraction first. It's awful. And Yoko at this point was getting close to 700 pounds and could barely move, so they sacrificed the aura and badassitude of Vader for a dude they were never going to push again and would be taken off TV soon anyway.

Vince McMahon always talks about how the WWF is the only place that knows how to book big men, but fuck. The track record gets very spotty after Andre and Taker.

Vader's singles match at some IYH vs Undertaker completely killed any monster credibility. Taker made him look like a total bitch :(

strobogo

Banned
Vader's singles match at some IYH vs Undertaker completely killed any monster credibility. Taker made him look like a total bitch :(

He already looked like a bitch before that. I remember a post not too long ago about how Taker always made whoever he was working with look great. Most of the big monster dudes that worked with him completely lost their aura and looked like shit coming out of feuds with him. Yoko, Vader, Mabel, Isaac Yankem (lol), Kamala, Kama, and so on. His feuds with regular guys usually didn't help them much even deep into the 2000s.

Only a handful of guys really benefited from their feuds with Taker. The biggest one, Mankind, had to change his character entirely after, though.

Recall

The greatest things that ever happened in the 90's always feel they happened by fluke as Vince's way of booking was and still is so counter productive.

Vader was wasted in WWF.

Gallows is a weird case, because Gedo loves shitty American wrestlers. But dudes in TNA are there because that's the only place that will take them. Rooooooo could have gone to WWE or became a hot dude on the indies like ADR. He chose to stay there because there wasn't interest by the time he was ready to leave. Aries is apparently a piece of shit that people don't like to hire, so he keeps going back to TNA. Same with Low Ki. And on and on.

Aries is a shitbag. I worked a Dragon Gate USA show in 2011 that had him on it. He did a horrible ass promo during the show. New Jack was at the show, busted in the locker room, and totally fucking bitched out Aries right in front of everybody. Aries looked like he wanted to take a SMG to everyone at the building.

Later in the year when I was used as an extra on TNA, Aries was there and was a total shithead. Just a total fucking asshole.

Striker

Did Sid or Diesel ever get a victory over 'Taker? Felt like no, same for Mankind unless there was some extreme shenanigans. I always look at Kane in a similar manner. Dude debuted in a great time and probably should've beaten him in their first contest.

Bret in the WWF in 1998-2001 would've been so great. Not to mention getting to still fight the likes of Malenko and Benoit as they come in, but Bret vs. The Rock as he's ascending, Bret vs. Jericho, Bret vs. Angle, and surely an eventual top billed feud versus the Undertaker. It's a shame.

Did Sid or Diesel ever get a victory over 'Taker? Felt like no, same for Mankind unless there was some extreme shenanigans. I always look at Kane in a similar manner. Dude debuted in a great time and probably should've beaten him in their first contest.

Bret in the WWF in 1998-2001 would've been so great. Not to mention getting to still fight the likes of Malenko and Benoit as they come in, but Bret vs. The Rock as he's ascending, Bret vs. Jericho, Bret vs. Angle, and surely an eventual top billed feud versus the Undertaker. It's a shame.

Undertaker was only beaten by pin or submission 3 times on TV from his debut to June 1996: Hogan at Tuesday in Texas '91, Mabel at King of the Ring 1995, and Mankind at King of the Ring 1996. Both Hogan and Mabel cheated (Hogan with the ashes from the urn, Mabel with interference from Kama). Mankind was the first to truly beat him clean via "knockout" with the mandible claw.

I, too, agree Bret would have been great in 1998 WWF. I always hate that we never got the true payoff of Austin beating Bret for the WWF Title at WM14.

strobogo

Banned

Mankind won the first 3 matches I think, and then never again. By the time Survivor Series 1996 came around, Taker had decisively won the feud and Mankind floated around doing nothing until forming a mid card team with Vader, getting one title shot at Taker, and then turning face. The first win was the only one without interference.

I don't believe Sid ever beat him and Sid was gone shortly after WM13 anyway. Diesel was also gone a month after WM, so he never got a chance to get his win back.

Experimenting with 3D effect gifs;

ntDMsyo.gif

Shit is time consuming.

My god, can that gif be any bigger? 50 fucking MB. Jesus people

Serious, fuck gfycat. Just because it allows you to upload insanely huge gifs doesn't mean you should. It converts them to .webm to reduce the file size, but if the forum doesn't support .webm then you're just posting the huge-ass 50mb .gif! Thankfully you can block elements in Chrome.

klonere

Banned
Also the audio mixing on these Axxess entrances are shit tier indy bad.

they just used the live audio instead of dubbing in the themes

NXT has really suffered this month with WM taking up so much of da companies resources. Hope they can get back on track next week.

klonere

Banned
I think the problem was they tried to do both, badly.

did they? that sucks. i skipped through most of the episode to get to the mini doc, not really worth watching matches I know the result of.

ready for Becky to take the belt off Sasha in the next few weeks.

This kind of matches up with Cena's interview comments about people not taking risks. Roster is apathetic.

If you look at everything that Punk's said since he quit its clear that he's not talking about the other wrestlers. He's talking about all of the agents and backstage staff that are too scared of Vince to get anything changed. The only person who can get anything done is HHH, who Punk thinks was out to get him.

strobogo

Banned
Daredevil has a weird resemblance to WWE World Heavyweight Champion "The Architect" Seth "Mr. Money In the Bank" "The Undisputed Future of WWE" "Good Vein Coverage" Rollins.

XenoRaven

Daredevil has a weird resemblance to WWE World Heavyweight Champion "The Architect" Seth "Mr. Money In the Bank" "The Undisputed Future of WWE" "Good Vein Coverage" Rollins.
Thank god someone else finally said it.

I told my friends and they just kind of ignored me like "yeah w/e". And it's not even a #deadgiveaway thing. My friends are wrestling fans too.

XenoRaven

If I had the software and the knowledge I would take Rollins's hair and put it on Charlie Cox.

This is my not so subtle way of asking someone else to do it for me.

Top Bottom