• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Raimi Spiderman 2 is one of the worst, if not worst superhero movie of all time. Blah blah blah, I lost my powers, I'm sad, everyone on this train knows who I am, etc.

The plot is stupid and a waste of everyone's time. Out of the original 3 and AM1 and 2, it is by far the worst. Pure shit.
I got this movie free 10 years ago with my PSP.

Sanjuro

Raimi Spiderman 2 is one of the worst, if not worst superhero movie of all time. Blah blah blah, I lost my powers, I'm sad, everyone on this train knows who I am, etc.

The plot is stupid and a waste of everyone's time. Out of the original 3 and AM1 and 2, it is by far the worst. Pure shit.

So, the comic film which is regularly regarded as one of the best is utter shit because...stupid reasons?

:jnc

strobogo

Banned

I guess you like what you like. I don't think anyone could convince me that SM2 is the worst of the 5 movies, nor that any of the other 4 were better than it. ASM2 is super fun in how bad and stupid it is, though. Like...if you were to get a few friends together and drink and watch a Spiderman movie, I'd definitely pick ASM2.

Sanjuro

I guess you like what you like. I don't think anyone could convince me that SM2 is the worst of the 5 movies, nor that any of the other 4 were better than it. ASM2 is super fun in how bad and stupid it is, though. Like...if you were to get a few friends together and drink and watch a Spiderman movie, I'd definitely pick ASM2.

Sony just was confused why people didn't like ASM, so for ASM2 they took notes from Batman Forever.

1 > 3 > ASM1 > ASM2 > 2

So, the comic film which is regularly regarded as one of the best is utter shit because...stupid reasons?

:jnc

stupid reasons? we aren't talking about your thoughts on popular indy wrestlers breh.

strobogo

Banned
SM2 is fine. Better than the crap Marvel is putting out today at any rate.

I mean...TWS was outstanding and DareDevil seems pretty dope. A lot of people really, really, really enjoyed GOTG. Thor 2 was diggity diggity dog shit, though. The first true misstep Marvel has done with the MCU.

DMczaf

tumblr_nmjnqw6MCq1tfrbpqo6_1280.jpg

somedevil

Here is some interesting news. Due to a court case of them preventing bootleg merchandise from selling being unsealed the whole WWE schedule for 2015-2016 has been released. It also includes town ratings based on drawing power from A to C:

So here are the A Cities:

Anaheim, CA, Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Bridgeport, CT, Brooklyn, NY, Buffalo, NY, Chicago, IL, Cincinnati, OH, Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Detroit, MI, Hartford, CT, Hildalgo, TX, Houston, TX, Jackson, MS, Kansas City, MO, Los Angeles, CA, Miami, FL, Minneapolis, MN, Nashville, TN, New York, NY, Newark, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ, Pittsburgh, PA, Portland, OR, Providence, RI, San Antonio, TX, San Jose, CA - SAP Center, St. Louis, MO, Tampa, FL, Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON - Ricoh Coliseum, Washington, DC, White Plains, NY, Wildwood, NJ

Here is the C cities:

Amarillo, TX, Augusta, GA, Bakersfield, CA, Baton Rouge, LA, Beaumont, TX, Binghamton, NY, Bloomington, IL, Bossier City, LA, Bowling Green, KY, Canton, OH, Casper, WY, Cedar Rapids, IA, Charlotte, NC, Charlottesville, VA, Chattanooga, TN, Colorado Springs, CO, Columbia, SC, Columbus, GA, Daytona Beach, FL - Ocean Center, Erie, PA, Evansville, IN, Fairfax, VA, Fargo, ND, Fayetteville, NC, Fort Myers, FL, Green Bay, WI, Huntsville, AL, Jackson ,TN, Jacksonville, FL, Johnson City, TN, Jonesboro, AR, Kalamazoo, MI, Laredo, TX, Macon, GA, Mobile, AL, Montreal, QC, North Charleston, SC, Odessa, TX, Peoria, IL, Rockford, IL, Salisbury, MD, Savannah, GA, Sioux City, IA, Sioux Falls, SD, Springfield, IL, Syracuse, NY, Tallahassee, FL, Toledo, OH, Tupelo, MS, Vancouver, BC, Victoria, BC, Waco,TX, Wilkes Barre, PA, Worcester, MA

For being an A toronto is not getting anything other then house shows for 2015-2016.

I liked 1 better than 2, having Macho Man puts it above. I liked all 3 Raimi movies though, I'm not sure why they get so much shit nowadays... people loved them back in the day.

ASM movies are just mediocre. I couldn't even finish the second one and I own it.

It was definitely the start of no one wanting to get into the meltdown that would happen when you tell Axl to stop being a cunt and his idea is fucking dumb. 22 years later and he has put out one album and gone through 10 or 11 band members while getting fat and deciding to dress like a gypsy cowboy and not do any promotion for the album he worked 15 years on.

It's a shame he wasted all of his 30s being a cunt who wanted to play hide and seek.

It sounded like he wanted to do something really different, and so shit took forever. Not that that excuses all the other stuff like the canceled tour dates and whatever.

klonere

Banned
3 and ASM 1 are the only ones i saw but i don't get everyone's problem with 3

3 is FnP.

2 still the best tho

3 is packed to the gills with wall to wall shit. they tried to make 4 movies or thereabouts in 1, which is actually kinda funny given the insane proliferation of superhero movies stringing themselves out over thin ass sequels nowadays. the fnp element overwhelms every other element of the movie and kinda makes it unbearable to watch :(

also they made venom, arguably one of the most iconic villain's in comics and made the whole concept look like an infectious fucboi syndrome with terrible cgi

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All I got from 3 was what I had been saying since 1.

Topher Grace should have been Spider-Man. It's not too late for him to be modern Spider-Man.

somedevil

Columbus stay winning

I wonder what is considered B+ to them

Its explained like this:

Starting 6/28/15, WWE also assigns letter codes to each city (A/B+/B/C). It appears it's an indication of the relative overall drawing power of the city based on the last visit. (If we assume that the percentage is in relation to the overall building's capacity.)

So some cities can be listed twice. What surprises me is Corpus Christi is B+. Plus Toronto is an A but they keep giving Raw to Montreal which is a C to B level and Raw only filling at 56 percent capacity last year.

strobogo

Banned
If we're doing rankings

MCU:

The Winter Soldier
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
The Avengers
Iron Man 3
GOTG
Iron Man 2
Thor
Thor 2

DC:

Superman: The Movie
Batman Begins
Batman 1989
TDK
Superman 2
Everything else is shit

X-Men:

X2
DOFP
The Wolverine
First Class
X3
X1
Origins

Spiderman:

SM2
SM1
ASM1
ASM2
SM3

Fantastic Four:

tFkx6CW.gif

strobogo

Banned
Batman Returns is better than Batman Begins.

Batman Begins is

Blade 2 is cartoony and where the series started to resemble a modern MCU movie. 'Let's get my band of guys together to use snark and fight the extra snarky villain.'

Batman Returns is not a good movie by any metric I can think of. Unless that metric is Tim Burton working out his fetishes on screen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember that abrupt shot of CG Gotham near the end of Batman Begins? God damn that looked awful and out of place. Makes sense for that movie though since it has issue following its own plot and just feels like multiple scenes from different Batman movies edited together.
batman-begins-2005-katie-holmes-and-christian-bale.jpg

Zach

¡HarlequinPanic!;159746821 said:
wrasslegaf like to pretend they better than marvelgaf bu tcan't help themselves from some fuckin' spiderman pissing match~

Yeah, what are you guys doing?

P.S. Anyone have a pair of these BOMBAS socks? I just saw the ones I ordered forever ago are shipping.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Frecklestein has been unbanned AGAIN.

Is Frecklestein a mod account that was secretly sent to spy on us and they throw it a ban every so often to make people think it's 'on the level'?

strobogo

Banned
It sounded like he wanted to do something really different, and so shit took forever. Not that that excuses all the other stuff like the canceled tour dates and whatever.

The real thing is that Chinese isn't really different from UYI at all. It's a pretty logical progression. Half the songs would fit in on UYI.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't think I'll ever decide to see a superhero movie again. If some friends are going, whatever, I'll tag along, but I'm so done with them, honestly.
Watch the Furious 7 instead.

¡HarlequinPanic!;159746821 said:
wrasslegaf like to pretend they better than marvelgaf bu tcan't help themselves from some fuckin' spiderman pissing match~
SM 1 & 2: Good.
SM3: Shit.
AS 1: Not bad, nice showcase of Spidey's skillset.
AS 2: Dog shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm going to watch whatever the sequel to that TMNT movie is when it comes out. I can't explain it. I just always feel compelled to watch turtles movies.

Not as much the shows. They're good, but I feel like they require me watching WAY too much of one thing.

strobogo

Banned
I'm going to watch whatever the sequel to that TMNT movie is when it comes out. I can't explain it. I just always feel compelled to watch turtles movies.

Not as much the shows. They're good, but I feel like they require me watching WAY too much of one thing.

Did you actually see the last one? It was so bad kids in my theater were asking their parents to leave about 40 minutes in. Dead silent for the whole movie and there were a decent amount of kids in there when we saw it.

I can only imagine how many people are going to get banned in the Evilore AMA thread if he does one for GAF like he said.

Frecklestein has been unbanned AGAIN.

Is Frecklestein a mod account that was secretly sent to spy on us and they throw it a ban every so often to make people think it's 'on the level'?
You also forgot that he returned from a junior member ban in the first place, something smells of backstage powers around here.

I don't think I'll ever decide to see a superhero movie again. If some friends are going, whatever, I'll tag along, but I'm so done with them, honestly.

It wouldn't be quite so bad it recently things have been feeling incredibly formulaic in their movie structure, it's like watching a tag match on Raw with wrestlers you like and then remembering that its a tag match on raw and will be the same as pretty much all the rest by the end.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did you actually see the last one? It was so bad kids in my theater were asking their parents to leave about 40 minutes in. Dead silent for the whole movie and there were a decent amount of kids in there when we saw it.

I watched it. My bias let me put up with it.

I still liked it more than that CG one people claim is 'really good.' The CG one had my biggest issue with Turtles. When people try to make that shit serious.

Top Bottom