• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

There were so many weird choices made in Amazing Spider-Man 2, right down to deleted/replaced scenes. So many events in the film started with - have Peter find out over the phone while looking sad/concerned.

I watched ASM 1 and 2 in about a week of each other, while I wasn't overly fond of the first one I was amazed at how steep the quality drop was with 2.
It just about fell short of the "enjoyable trainwreck" feeling SM3 at least had going for it.

strobogo

Banned
There were so many weird choices made in Amazing Spider-Man 2, right down to deleted/replaced scenes. So many events in the film started with - have Peter find out over the phone while looking sad/concerned.

ASM2 is like...5 different stories with no connection at all besides Peter. There is no plot to the movie. It's like vignettes that got jumbled into a feature length. Everything about Electro is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL

I watched ASM 1 and 2 in about a week of each other, while I wasn't overly fond of the first one I was amazed at how steep the quality drop was with 2.
It just about fell short of the "enjoyable trainwreck" feeling SM3 at least had going for it.

Oh I very much disagree. SM3 wasn't enjoyable on any level for me, but ASM2 was probably the most enjoyable theater experience I've ever had since it was just me and my friend shitting on it like a terrible ROH show for 2 1/2 hours.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really wish DVD sales got to such a poor point for companies that ALL the major old networks shit was streamable kind of like public domain movies. There's so many old shows I want to rewatch that are either incomplete on dvd or don't have any dvd release whatsoever

I played The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game before watching the movie and thought how odd and disjointed the story was. I thought it was a video game thing but nope, movie wasn't any better. I got the impression they told Activision nothing or Activision got such a jumbled mess sent to them they said fuck it, just throw electro in it at some point and call it a day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I played The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game before watching the movie and thought how odd and disjointed the story was. I thought it was a video game thing but nope, movie wasn't any better. I got the impression they told Activision nothing or Activision got such a jumbled mess sent to them they said fuck it, just throw electro in it at some point and call it a day.

The first ASM game came before the movie and totally spoils the movie.

strobogo

Banned

Dude, both ASM games are more coherent and better stories than the movies they're made from.

strobogo

Banned
and yet, still worse swinging in both than the SM2 game

Whatevs. I don't see why people are so hung up on that. The swinging is fine. It's like the BUT IT'S NOT NO MERCY arguments. I enjoyed the ASM games a lot more than the movies. First one was better, but 2 had some fun stuff.

Dude, both ASM games are more coherent and better stories than the movies they're made from.

Outside of the Electro parts I'd agree. They work with the assumption you've seen the movie to understand his stuff. His boss fight also looks and plays very noticeably worse than the rest of the game to the point I'm pretty convinced it was a last minute thing.

and yet, still worse swinging in both than the SM2 game

I haven't really had any problems with swinging in the Amazing games. The ones before them, 3, Dimensions, and Time were bad. 3 and Time were just bad games all around though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ASM 1 was a decent little game. Much better than Edge of Time though not something I'd probably want a sequel to. I thought Shattered Dimensions and the first ASM1 were the first fun Spidey games in a long time, for different reasons.

The stupidest shit about Edge of Time was they got rid of the two best modes of Shattered Dimensions(Ultimate and Noir)

strobogo

Banned
Outside of the Electro parts I'd agree. They work with the assumption you've seen the movie to understand his stuff. His boss fight also looks and plays very noticeably worse than the rest of the game to the point I'm pretty convinced it was a last minute thing.

2 kind of did it's own thing completely. It's only tangentially related to the movie. 1 was a direct continuation that had it's story completely destroyed by 2, but the game of 2 still has the canon of the 1st game. It's weird.

Edge of Time is probably the worst 3D Spider-Man game. Put Spider-Man in an office building and have everything repeat 3 times to pad the length. Everything about it was awful.

DMczaf

Remember Dean Ambrose?

tumblr_nmm3tkBbAL1rmvjexo1_1280.jpg

Ultratech

SM 1 & 2: Good.
SM3: Shit.
AS 1: Not bad, nice showcase of Spidey's skillset.
AS 2: Dog shit.

Agreed for the most part.

SM3 is sorta watchable in that it's cheesy as hell (and pretty gifable as a result), but it's got way too much shit going on.

Haven't seen ASM2 and from the sound of it, I probably don't want to.
(May make a good MST3000 movie though...lol)

Remember Dean Ambrose?

Who?

(Good question though...guy was getting a pretty good push for a while, then nothing. Sorta bizarre.)

strobogo

Banned
Edge of Time is probably the worst 3D Spider-Man game. Put Spider-Man in an office building and have everything repeat 3 times to pad the length. Everything about it was awful.

EoT was okay. It's exactly the same gameplay as Shattered Dimensions. The Ultimate Spiderman game was a ton of fun at the time. I have to imagine wonky camera shit probably makes it hold up less well.

GOAT comic book game that isn't an Akrham game is X-Men Origins tie in. That game was fucking rad. SO violent and bloody. It was a blast to play and just rip spines out and shit.

KissVibes

Banned

The one before Edge of Time wasn't good either but you're absolutely correct, Edge of Time is the worst. Even Spider-Man: Friend or Foe is better.

klonere

Banned
Watching WM14, damn the Mike Tyson version of the DX theme is bumpin

I guess he's the gold standard for celebrity involvement in wrasslin'?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Comic Book games...smh

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 is the pinnacle

That must explain putting Kraven in the game. Like that was such an odd choice, but whatever. It's fucking Kraven.

ASM2 is like...5 different stories with no connection at all besides Peter. There is no plot to the movie. It's like vignettes that got jumbled into a feature length. Everything about Electro is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL

It's like Sony wanted to set everything up for Sinister Six, but it wasn't happening.

Is the movie actually better with the deleted scenes?

There are different versions of scenes that work better than what got put in.

For example, the whole thing with Harry calling Peter and telling him "I'm dying". In the movie, that part's in a phone conversation. The deleted version actually has Peter visit Harry at OsCorp. Peter meets Felicia, he actually gets to see the Goblin suit (a soldier is wearing it and demonstrating the range of movement), Harry explains how the suit works and it's healing capabilities (he remarks that if someone is injured - like say a leg injury- the suit will "walk for them" while they heal). From there, we have the "I'm dying, Pete. But maybe you can help me."

Harry shows Peter the files Norman gave him, including all of the surveillance that Osborn did on Peter, May, and Ben. Then he shows Peter the video of their dads talking about the projects they'd been doing with the spiders + their blood. Which leads into the stuff with Spider-Man.

It just works a lot better than what we'd gotten with the theatrical release.

Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Origins, Captain America, and Hulk Ultimate Destruction are the best 3D super hero games that don't feature Batman or Spider-Man.

X3 doesn't get talked about a lot but it deserves to be mentioned in every bad super hero game list ever. It's more disappointing because X2 was a fun B game. It has probably aged poorly though so I'm not sure if it's still worth checking out.

strobogo

Banned
Comic Book games...smh

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 is the pinnacle

UA1 IS dope as fuck. Shame UA2 was such a step backwards.

Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Origins, Captain America, and Hulk Ultimate Destruction are the best 3D super hero games that don't feature Batman or Spider-Man.

X3 doesn't get talked about a lot but it deserves to be mentioned in every bad super hero game list ever. It's more disappointing because X2 was a fun B game. It has probably aged poorly though so I'm not sure if it's still worth checking out.

I can tell you this, right here, right now, at this very moment, accept that Ultimate Destruction is almost unplayable now. I tried recently. But it was a blast in it's time. Good shout to the Cap game. It's SUPER short (like 6 hours for the entire story) and pretty basic, but it was fun. You can tell the Russo Brothers took the animation and fights as inspiration for TWS.

Captain America and the Amazing Spiderman games are really solid Redbox/Gamefly games.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine for PS3/360 is one of my favorite comic book kideos, right up there with Arkham Asylum. It's a million times more entertaining than the actual movie.

For example, the whole thing with Harry calling Peter and telling him "I'm dying". In the movie, that part's in a phone conversation. The deleted version actually has Peter visit Harry at OsCorp. Peter meets Felicia, he actually gets to see the Goblin suit (a soldier is wearing it and demonstrating the range of movement), Harry explains how the suit works and it's healing capabilities (he remarks that if someone is injured - like say a leg injury- the suit will "walk for them" while they heal). From there, we have the "I'm dying, Pete. But maybe you can help me."

Harry shows Peter the files Norman gave him, including all of the surveillance that Osborn did on Peter, May, and Ben. Then he shows Peter the video of their dads talking about the projects they'd been doing with the spiders + their blood. Which leads into the stuff with Spider-Man.

It just works a lot better than what we'd gotten with the theatrical release.
Thanks for the explanation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
it's A New Day
(It's A New Day)
It's A New Generation
(It's A New Generation)
Now we're Never Look Back
No we're Never Looking Back
Don't you ever tell us No
Don't you tell us where to go
Come now tell us who to be
they will pay more
it's our legacy
Every Time I feel the past
it's always there but it can last
Came today to find our place in time
Every Day I watch the sun
Rise and fall on everyone
But today I wake
To Make tomorrow mine

DMczaf

it's A New Day
(It's A New Day)
It's A New Generation
(It's A New Generation)
Now we're Never Look Back
No we're Never Looking Back
Don't you ever tell us No
Don't you tell us where to go
Come now tell us who to be
they will pay more
it's our legacy
Every Time I feel the past
it's always there but it can last
Came today to find our place in time
Every Day I watch the sun
Rise and fall on everyone
But today I wake
To Make tomorrow mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x5Dd4to-6Q

16BitNova

I'm debating whether to buy Life is Strange ep 2. I enjoyed the first one but am i ready to experience FILTHY MILLENNIAL SIMULATOR 2015

tumblr_njdhfg4lMu1qcxzu2o2_500.gif

uggggg

Still haven't started Episode 2 myself. But, from the impressions of other players, episode 2 is really good and things start to pick up.

KissVibes

Banned
I wish a real ass news publication would take Vince to task on why there hasn't been a black WWE World Champion. There is absolutely no vaild excuse.

Top Bottom