• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Vee_One

Watching Smackdown from 2003 (Eddie/Cena parking lot brawl)
Billy Kidman just did the Cesaro swing and Rey did the Kidd kick (to Nunzio). This is one of the Smackdowns I am most fond of, always loved the parking lot brawl.

EDIT: obviously, none of these guys invented those moves.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People on gaf tried to convince me the second Ghost Rider was better than the first. After watching both, what the fuck is wrong with people who think that? Ghost Rider's not crank, and the shitty movie is like an xxEDGYxx version of a indie show. All spots that are so constant that I was completely bored 20 minutes in because they happen so fucking often and the Crank style is so fucking annoying.

1 was boring at parts and the CG on the skull looked terrible, but the second one is just insulting. Oh and the new Mephisto fucking sucks dick.

I was pondering going to Raw, but only like a month or so ago, so all the decent seats were long gone.

Looking forward to see if anything comes out of the UK tryouts signing wise/if anyone pops up on Raw. I did see a photo of Zack Gibson, Damo and Mastiff suited up outside the O2 this morning.

Apparently a 15 minute William Regal doc has shown up on the Network, anyone with it watch it? It must be barrelling through his career at that length.

alstein

The brass ring is a lie. (duh)

Whole situation there is fucked until Vince cedes most of the control - no one can get over because he won't let them.

It got bad when WCW died and talent that was being held back in WCW or WWF couldn't jump fed and get a 2nd chance.

WCW dying is the worst thing to ever happen to pro wrestling- things would be so much better if it had lived.

Has it? I just jumped on and didn't see anything.

11149324_736899296409010_155321283963399937_n.jpg

Apparently, it's not searchable. The only way you'll see it is if it happens to pop up as filler on the WWE Network live stream as you watch it.

RP912

Banned
Starting to read Titan Sinking and it made me want to watch some In Your House just to see Mcmahon's grumblings coming to life from his commentary.

alstein

Nonetheless, while I normally hate Republicans and everything they stand for... I'd have to make an exception for Ric. :p

I'd vote for the Hurricane before I'd vote for a Republican. The current crop has already cost me thousands of dollars, and perhaps $10k more in lower unemployment if I lose my job.

I'd vote for the Hurricane before I'd vote for a Republican. The current crop has already cost me thousands of dollars, and perhaps $10k more in lower unemployment if I lose my job.

Yes, the current batch seems especially diabolical. And that's BEFORE you get to the racism and homophobia and sexism and stuff. I'm awfully sorry for your position, and almost the same for all Americans who have to deal with Republicans. But imagine Flair in power. It'd be entertaining to watch, at the least!

From what I understand Flair is a lot more conservative from the fiscal side (ironic, I know). Like most wrestlers he isn;t homophobic and cool with gay marriage as he's friends with Pat Patterson. Y'know, he's a great legend but Patterson's greatest contribution has to be blanketing the entire pro-wrestling community in support of gay marriage.

Also, you probably don't want Hurricane to run. He's also a Republican.

If we're suggesting wrestlers for President then I nominate Karl "Machinegun" Anderson and the host of Cock Torturers, Doc Gallows. Free beer for every American! Mandatory, too!

From what I understand Flair is a lot more conservative from the fiscal side (ironic, I know).

Not really, if you think about it.

My kids are still too little for LEGO. My daughter has a ton of Duplo sets, but her favorite game is "Dad, build me a castle (so I can smash it the second you're done)!"
Duplo quickly moves into LEGO thankfully, nice easy shift into the smaller stuff. Helps there is a ton of licensed shit out there that grabs their attention.

New NXT signings unveiled;

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fighting/article18388172.html

CDD5fBS.jpg

The new NXT class includes:

Australia:

· Cassie McIntosh (Born in Sydney, resides in Melbourne, Australia) – Trained with Pro Wrestling Alliance in Sydney since 2011. In 2012, was trained by Lance Storm, a former WWE Superstar who now runs the Storm Wrestling Academy in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Proficient in dance and acrobatics.

· Jessica McKay (Sydney, Australia) – Since 2008, has trained with Pro Wrestling Alliance in Sydney, as well as Ring of Honor.

Canada:

· Nhooph Al-Areebi (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) – Trained with Squared Circle since 2011 and was a member of the Toronto Circus School from 2008-2012. Also trained in rhythmic gymnastics. Speaks English and Arabic.

Germany:

· Axel Tischer (Dresdan, Germany) – Trained with GWF Wrestling in Berlin since 2006. Served in the German Army from 2005-2007, achieving the rank of Private First Class.

Mexico:

· Oscar Vasquez (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico) – Trained in Juarez in Lucha Libre style of wrestling. Worked with CWF Mid-Atlantic. Dual citizen of Mexico and the United States.

Serbia:

· Radomir Petkovic (Belgrade, Serbia) – European Vice Champion at the 2010 European Wrestling Championships and was a two-time bronze medalist at 2009 Mediterranean Games in Greco-Roman and Freestyle. Speaks Russian and English.

United Kingdom:

· Peter Howard (Exeter, England) – Played collegiate Rugby in the UK and was a regional Discus Champion.

United States:

· Kenneth Crawford (Chicago, Illinois/Anson County, North Carolina) – Served in the U.S. Marine Corps for four years and accumulated a perfect 300 score in the United States Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test. Holds the North Carolina South Piedmont and Anson high school records in the 200-meter run, 400 meter and 1,600 relay. Anson High School Athlete of the Year in 2007.

· Thomas Kingdon (Traverse City, Michigan) – Competed in Amateur Bodybuilding and won the Super Heavyweight Class at the 2013 NPC Central States Competition.

· Sesugh Uhaa (Atlanta, Georgia) – High School Soccer, Football and Track&Field star. Began training in 2009 and worked for Dragon Gate USA.

· Levis Valenzuela Jr. (Durham, North Carolina) – Trained with CWF Mid-Atlantic in 2013. Proficient in dance and won various awards for collegiate ballroom dancing. Holds a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice from UNC Charlotte. Grew up in the United States, lived in South Korea from 2011-2013 and speaks Spanish.

The new class will join a group of 55 men and women training at the state-of-the-art, 26,000 square-foot WWE Performance Center. The venue offers a full training experience with real time feedback from outstanding WWE coaches, trainers and doctors, giving performers the resources they need to develop their talent -- athletically and creatively.

Jessie McKay, Uhaa & the Axe Man are the ones I recognise there, great to see all three get a shot.

bjork

I'm not sold at all on Balor, creatively. He's got no real character other than "I put on marketable paint and very stupid dreadlocks when I need superpowers", and he's okay, at best, on the stick.

However, I'm pretty positive the dude is gonna print money, at least as much as Bray Wyatt has (and probably more), so whatever, hopefully he has some good feuds.

No, I meant like Goldust's new makeup. He had a photo or two a couple days back, and it was sort of like a venom mouth. I couldn't tell you about Balor.

Aiii

So not worth it
Terrible form to not know the proper spelling of Dresden, Germany. With it being all famous from the second world war and what not.

Good to see a German signing though, we need a new Berlyn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Exciting group of NXT classmen.

Yeah saw that on Balor's feed the other day, no kids tshirts for him either :/

I guess here's where I say something shitty about NXT crowds but its the truth. Most people who love NXT don't have children. Most. So...I can see why. Maybe once he's on the main roster it'll make sense to make em.

GAF needs to watch Rugby League. My teams going good since they got their new old coach back. He knows what up, he knows about Sports Entertainment.

Here was last weeks game, probably the best of the year so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsxkk6OhVw8

Rugby? eh, I...nah. Rugby's a sport for washed up drunks, isn't it? That's all I ever see.

bring it on Euro-WrassleGAF

Cagey

Banned

The teardrop muscle on the dude in the middle god damn.

Serbia:
· Radomir Petkovic (Belgrade, Serbia) – European Vice Champion at the 2010 European Wrestling Championships and was a two-time bronze medalist at 2009 Mediterranean Games in Greco-Roman and Freestyle. Speaks Russian and English.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fighting/article18388172.html#storylink=cpy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Have tickets to both RoH / NJPW shows in Philadelphia in May. Hope they're not just repeats.

You seriously sporting a Miz av? That's amazing if so, I don't think anyone else here ever went that far.

Top Bottom