• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

strobogo

Banned
I forgot to mention that while I was away on business, I was in the city of Muncie, Indiana (home of Ball State University and that's pretty much it) looking for a birthday present for my cousin's kid. There was a grown ass man, probably mid to late 20s, spazzing out over Amiibos and taking pictures of them. This was back in Februaryish, I think. Muncie is about 20 minutes from me and my other side of the family lives in town, so I stopped at Toys R Us looking for something good.

I found something good, but not in the way I was hoping. It was weird. This is an adult male, with a beard, getting geeked to the max over Nintendo toys. I mean, I don't want to cast aspersions on a guy like that, but...hopefully they don't let him back in the store.

scabro

I forgot to mention that while I was away on business, I was in the city of Muncie, Indiana (home of Ball State University and that's pretty much it) looking for a birthday present for my cousin's kid. There was a grown ass man, probably mid to late 20s, spazzing out over Amiibos and taking pictures of them. This was back in Februaryish, I think. Muncie is about 20 minutes from me and my other side of the family lives in town, so I stopped at Toys R Us looking for something good.

I found something good, but not in the way I was hoping. It was weird. This is an adult male, with a beard, getting geeked to the max over Nintendo toys. I mean, I don't want to cast aspersions on a guy like that, but...hopefully they don't let him back in the store.

just let wesker enjoy himself in peace, strobogo

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Those Amiibo people are...troubled.

was out of clean clothes today and had to go to the laundromat for the first time in ages. the new apartment's in kind of a rough block and has no washer/dryer in the building like the last few places I lived.

I threw on my last clean shirt: a JoMo one (not the eat your lunch). and went to the laundromat with all my clothes in tow. The lady yelled at me in broken spanish for not using the machines right and it was intimidating.

Then as I was leaving her kid went "Awesome shirt, man!"

#deadgiveaway

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;159883702 said:
was out of clean clothes today and had to go to the laundromat for the first time in ages. the new apartment's in kind of a rough block and has no washer/dryer in the building like the last few places I lived.

I threw on my last clean shirt: a JoMo one (not the eat your lunch). and went to the laundromat with all my clothes in tow. The lady yelled at me in broken spanish for not using the machines right and it was intimidating.

Then as I was leaving her kid went "Awesome shirt, man!"

#deadgiveaway

Just imagine how much better that could have gone if it was the eat your lunch Jomosapien shirt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sekimoto is so FUNCTIONAL. He's like the ultimate CAW, not in a bad way.

Wrestling has an even worse version of this insanity, and they somehow have nearly 200k Youtube subscribers. Oh wait, I know why - they're all dumbass kids.

Was he doing one of those weird shopping trip videos you see on YouTube or was he only taking pictures? Being an ass for efame and legitimately making a scene out of genuine enthusiasm rank differently for me.

strobogo

Banned
Was he doing one of those weird shopping trip videos you see on YouTube or was he only taking pictures? Being an ass for efame and legitimately making a scene out of genuine enthusiasm rank differently for me.

Idk. Looked like he was just taking pictures of the Amiibers.

Wesker....was that you I saw?

DVX01uy.gif

JavyOO7

I haven't seen any NXT episodes since NXT Rival. So I re watched Rival tonight and loved the main event even more the second time around. Told a great story with Owens doing anything he can to get that belt, even if it mean power bombing Sami several times... especially after Sami started getting woozy after doing a move out of the ring. Just great all around!

I cannot believe after all the hell they got for not paying people on time in 2013, and after all the hell they got for not paying people on time in 2014, that it's now 2015 and there are reports of TNA not paying people on time. This is ridiculous.

Alucard

Banned
Darn it. Dailymotion runs so shittily on my laptop.

Can't sleep at 2am and all I wanna do is watch this BJW match to pass some time 'til I feel tired again.

Alucard

Banned
I see that Dailymotion are experimenting with a new player in the future. Really hope it's friendlier to a greater range of hardware than the current one.

Am I the only one who experiences major lag and choppiness on dailymotion? Even on the lowest quality it happens. The commercials overlayed on the videos don't help, I'm sure.

EDIT: Finally seems to be running smoothly like 12 minutes into the video. Damn.

These strikes are pretty impressive.
ao6yHDl.gif

Always an impressive spot.
ptNVQ7v.gif

Holy shit at these guys not caring about their brain health with the reckless head butts.

Finished the match. Yeah, that was pretty badass. Totally worry about the length of these guys' careers, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dailymotion is a site run on the cheap for lazy pirates who don't care about quality. People only go there because they are trying to upload or watch stuff that'll get taken down from youtube in a second.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, really not sure how I feel about this. I think I'm more against than for these types of exchanges.

FUI9Zt6.gif

What say you, WrassleGAF?

Yeah, really not sure how I feel about this. I think I'm more against than for these types of exchanges.

FUI9Zt6.gif

What say you, WrassleGAF?

I agree. Not really my kind of thing, seems like an odd thing to do unless they are unhinged as fuck in character, I'd prefer to see a different spot. Same with the Bryan/Ziggler headbutts. Not a fan. Seems like a bad idea.

Alucard

Banned
I agree. Not really my kind of thing, seems like an odd thing to do unless they are unhinged as fuck in character, I'd prefer to see a different spot. Same with the Bryan/Ziggler headbutts. Not a fan. Seems like a bad idea.

The Bryan/Ziggler stuff was way safer, though. They were basically butting each other's shoulders. I didn't have an issue with it. This on the other hand is straight up knocking your head into another dude's head.

Alucard

Banned
And Bryan and Ziggler's offense look weak as fuck as a result so what's the point.

Eh, it was different and I liked the general idea. If you're someone who only watches WWE and doesn't get into the technical aspects of wrestling (see: most kids and early teens, and probably a fair number of adult fans too), you probably don't care as much about how "legit" Ziggler and Bryan's exchange looked. I didn't either, to be honest. Just thought of it from a theatre performance perspective and not a sports perspective.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Heard about that gif on a podcast I was listening to and went, hmm, I think I remember that. Lo and behold. What a class act, random fan in Mississippi in 1997.

NoRéN

Another weekend of solid Lucha tapings. Another big event happening in July on TV.

Also, trips championship should wrap up a week from Wednesday. Can't wait to see it on TV as well.

Hasney

NoRéN;159904372 said:
Another weekend of solid Lucha tapings. Another big event happening in July on TV.

Also, trips championship should wrap up a week from Wednesday. Can't wait to see it on TV as well.

I accidentally spoiled myself on the trios when I was looking up someone on Wikipedia, but I approve of the winners.

Hasney

NoRéN;159904717 said:
Dude!

Still, watch it. The match is great and there's some great spots in the match.

Oh totally. I don't really mind being spoiled on Lucha or NXT as the matches are more than the result.

Top Bottom