• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
If you've ever spent any money on professional wrestling, you're a mark. So, can we retire that stupid term? Smark, as well, while we're at it. Also, IWC's another that needs to fuck right off already.
DEH DUH DUH DUH DEH DEH DEH DEH
When it comes crashing down, and it hurts inside
DEH DUH DUH DUH DEH DEH DEH DEH
Ya gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide

Alucard

Banned
Friends do I go to a Game of Thrones party tonight and if I do what are some #safe topics for conversation?

You've seen Lord of the Rings but haven't read the books. It's ok to talk about the cool action and "epicness" of the movies, but don't say anything about wishing you could speak Elvish.

"So, this is like Lord of the Rings, right?"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Friends do I go to a Game of Thrones party tonight and if I do what are some #safe topics for conversation?
While no topics come to mind, I can drop some ground rules. You're safe if you've seen only 1 LotR, either Two Towers or Return of the King. It's only okay to know who Legolas is. You can also refer to Gandalf as "You shall not pass" even though that was in the 1st. Finally Daenerys is not Daenerys she is Khaleesi and it's best to not remember most of the other character names and instead use descriptors for anyone who has a name more than 4 letters long such as "tall lady", "sister fucker", "red witch."

Alucard

Banned
While no topics come to mind, I can drop some ground rules. You're safe if you've seen only 1 LotR, either Two Towers or Return of the King. It's only okay to know who Legolas is. You can also refer to Gandalf as "You shall not pass" even though that was in the 1st. Finally Daenerys is not Daenerys she is Khaleesi and it's best to not remember any of the character names and instead use descriptors for anyone who has a name more than 4 letters long such as "tall lady", "sister fucker", "red witch."

I dunno. He's thinking about going to a nerd party. Pretty sure it'll be full of #DeadGiveaways.

Heel

"I'm behind a few seasons...what's going on exactly?" said without pause, with no trepidation of what would be considered "spoilers" to someone who cares, fully knowing that you've watched every episode live on HBO East and had hand-bound copies of the book series, purchased on Etsy, signed by George R.R. Martin at a convention, at which you cosplayed as Joffrey Baratheon. #Safe

While no topics come to mind, I can drop some ground rules. You're safe if you've seen only 1 LotR, either Two Towers or Return of the King. It's only okay to know who Legolas is. You can also refer to Gandalf as "You shall not pass" even though that was in the 1st. Finally Daenerys is not Daenerys she is Khaleesi and it's best to not remember most of the other character names and instead use descriptors for anyone who has a name more than 4 letters long such as "tall lady", "sister fucker", "red witch."
I don't think there's a stigma at all with admitting you like GoT to be honest, it's become an event show. I mean as long as you don't start mentioning you've seen the WWE versions of the family crests...

JavyOO7

I've been meaning to watch Daredevil but still keep watching episodes of Lie to Me. And Unbreakable Kimmy show on Netflix, at least going by the first episode, is pretty charming to watch too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't think there's a stigma at all with admitting you like GoT to be honest, it's become an event show. I mean as long as you don't start mentioning you've seen the WWE versions of the family crests...
I still maintain you should not drop any names aside from "Khaleesi" and anything four letters or less.

strobogo

Banned
Man, I have forgotten every plot point in GoT. I don't remember shit about last season. I don't really remember much of the show at all besides every dude having the same dick prosthetic, Dragon Lady is super pretty, and that slave lady who is in Furious 7 is also super pretty.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I listen to the audiobooks so my biggest problem is spelling these names. Sometimes I see a name written out and go "Who the fuck is this guy?" or "How much does this guy weigh?" or "Is this one of the wrestlers?"

mcyIxxr.gif

haha

strobogo

Banned
It is impossible to boo Kevin Owens. His motives are justifiable, so I guess it comes down to hating how he does it? That is hard too. I would do anything for my wife and children so they could have a great life, so I can't fault Owens at all.

That stuff falls apart when you realize there was no reason for him to injure Zayn or fuck with Riley if he's 'just trying to feed his family'

Except for the part where he spends 80% of his match being intentionally boring with chin locks so he can get any kind of heel heat. The match with Balor was boring as shit until the last few minutes.

uyLXEtA.gif

8LBviQC.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i gotta say I'm going with the Fabulous Ones over the Fantastics.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, same here - also, that theme song; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn2-b_opVTo

Honestly I enjoy the Fantastics' matches more, but the Fabulous Ones edge them out in the "holy shit, people LIKED these guys because...what?" category.

Both are delightful. I watched about 2 hours of WCCW today and I can't get enough of that ol' southern wrasslin'. There's an enthusiasm to it and the connection with Memphis and music was really fucking great.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm most of the way through the second Razor/HBK ladder match at Summerslam 1995. Very fun match that also has a ladder in it.

KissVibes

Banned
John Cena has his own fucking branded belts now? Jesus lord.

Also is this how it is now? Cena getting his arm raised by midcarders and vets? Shouldn't he be putting them over with an arm raise?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching this vid of Ox Baker starting a riot in 74 after he repeatedly heart punched a guy. It gets pretty intense.

aJ4ys7E.gif

Top Bottom