• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Even if Uhaa isn't the biggest guy in WWE terms, he'll stand out because he can do stuff guys his size don't normally do, like a standing shooting star press, a picture perfect dropkick and hurricanranas.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even if Uhaa isn't the biggest guy in WWE terms, he'll stand out because he can do stuff guys his size don't normally do, like a standing shooting star press, a picture perfect dropkick and hurricanranas.

For sure. He's gonna be a SUPERSTAR. Very glad he's getting his shot.

RP912

Banned
Random question: How do you prefer a champ hold a title belt: On their waist or over their shoulder?

I prefer the infant comfort approach

images

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Random question: How do you prefer a champ hold a title belt: On their waist or over their shoulder?

I'm a big fan of people wearing it proper.

Also a big fan of Giant Bernard wearing it around his neck:

T8DolRU.jpg

Goddamn, Karl Anderson looks SO much better there.

XenoRaven

I like waist and over the shoulder, but not enough people wear it around the waist anymore. Especially for the main title. I miss when NJPW had a ceremony for the champ and the ref would actually put the belt on for him.

The thing is about wearing it over the shoulder though, is that a lot of people seem to put it over the shoulder but it's more upside down than right side up. Like in that Anderson/Bernard pic. The GHC logo is sort of upside down. They should flip the belts around.

You haven't seen the ultimate in unboxing video phenomenon until you've seen grocery unpacking videos. 40,000 views since January on this video alone!

WTF is Ric Flair doing in this Christian Laettner documentary?

Flair's from North Carolina, and Laettner played for Duke, which is located in North Carolina. That's probably the connection.

I can vouch for the fact that having kids murders your free time.

The days start and end earlier too. It's less time all around.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like waist and over the shoulder, but not enough people wear it around the waist anymore. Especially for the main title. I miss when NJPW had a ceremony for the champ and the ref would actually put the belt on for him.

The thing is about wearing it over the shoulder though, is that a lot of people seem to put it over the shoulder but it's more upside down than right side up. Like in that Anderson/Bernard pic. The GHC logo is sort of upside down. They should flip the belts around.

Weird thing to disagree about but I disagree, the eye likes to track in a clockwise fashion and it looks "right" to me.

If they let him he will be a star, it's 50/50 though, if he can't dance he may be out.

If you guys can, watch CJ Parker vs Speedball Mike Bailey from this past weekend's CZW show. Great match and shows what Parker really can do. Highly recommended.

This is true as well!

I still say they should give him an Uguu~ Nation gimmick.

KAWAII~!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys can, watch CJ Parker vs Speedball Mike Bailey from this past weekend's CZW show. Great match and shows what Parker really can do. Highly recommended.

This is true as well!

I still say they should give him an Uguu~ Nation gimmick.

KAWAII~!

I will seek out that CJ Parker goodness. Love that guy and want to support his ass. His cheeks overfloweth.

Uguu~ Nation let's do this.

Thorakai

Are the WWE going to let him do that stuff though? There was that Owens story a while back where he got lip for doing an over-the-top rope jump that a person his build shouldn't be doing. Seems like the WWE is big on making people fit a certain mold based on their appearance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are the WWE going to let him do that stuff though? There was that Owens story a while back where he got lip for doing an over-the-top rope jump that a person his build shouldn't be doing. Seems like the WWE is big on making people fit a certain mold based on their appearance.

There's a point to this - it's to save the awesome shit for the Wrestlemania Moment, or something else really significant, not on a recorded developmental show. I see their side of it.

Sephzilla

There's a point to this - it's to save the awesome shit for the Wrestlemania Moment, or something else really significant, not on a recorded developmental show. I see their side of it.

I think giving Owens some lip for doing some big spots in his debut match is stupid. First impressions are huge and Owens wanted to make a big debut on a fairly big stage.

Cagey

Banned

Roman diving over the top every show would be terrible. Roman diving over the top every once in a blue moon, such as that first instance on Raw, keeps it special because it maintains the big brawler character and the dive becomes him pulling out all the stops to win.

Everyone doing everything most or all of the time just makes it all seem that much faker.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five Action Movies:

5. Tango & Cash
4. Robocop 2
3. Predator
2. Terminator 2
1. First Blood

Honorable mention to the original Terminator, it's amazing.

Aiii

So not worth it
So they just skipped over 97?

They did indeed, it's so dumb.

We now have Nitro, but only 1996, Raw, but nothing beyond October '96 and then Raw 1998 in full...

I have no clue what they're logic behind this release system is, what makes 1998 so special?

Sephzilla

Fave Five Action Movies:

5. Tango & Cash
4. Robocop 2
3. Predator
2. Terminator 2
1. First Blood

Honorable mention to the original Terminator, it's amazing.

c8Ene56.gif

Surprised that RoboCop 2 is there but not the original. That being said, RoboCop 2 is fun.

Fave Five Action Movies:
5- Die Hard
4- Aliens
3- The Matrix
2- Terminator 2
1- RoboCop

Honorable mentions going to Dredd and John Wick

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly did like Robo 2 more than 1. 1 was great, don't get me wrong, but 2 was full of shit I loved.

Xater

Terrible form to not know the proper spelling of Dresden, Germany. With it being all famous from the second world war and what not.

Good to see a German signing though, we need a new Berlyn.

That's pretty funny. Damn it WWE.

Glad for Uhaa and Axel. Good guys. I hope for the best for them.

Agree that Taker doing his top rope at mania was awesome and that sort of thing should be saved but at the same time Owens really arrived with a bang that night.

Uhaa though his finisher is a SSP Moonsault combo so be interesting to see how they handle that.

His music is an interesting one as well and it's perfect - hopefully he gets something similar, wouldn't be surprised to see them use Marcus Cor Vons old theme though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Agree that Taker doing his top rope at mania was awesome and that sort of thing should be saved but at the same time Owens really arrived with a bang that night.

Uhaa though his finisher is a SSP Moonsault combo so be interesting to see how they handle that.

His music is an interesting one as well and it's perfect - hopefully he gets something similar, wouldn't be surprised to see them use Marcus Cor Vons old theme though.

At this point I'm expecting him to use Ernest Miller WWE's music again because why n ot, they do it to everyone

Sephzilla

I honestly did like Robo 2 more than 1. 1 was great, don't get me wrong, but 2 was full of shit I loved.

I think RoboCop 2 has some pacing issues (Robo basically vanishes from the movie for almost a half hour between when he takes down Cain in the chase scene and when he fights RoboCain), but yeah, RoboCop 2 is full of some fun really shit so I overlook any flaws because of that. Murphy and Cain beat the absolute fuck out of each other in the finale.

Also, the scene with the failed RoboCop 2's is fucking hilarious.

Edit - Fuck, now I really want to talk about how under-appreciated I think Robocop 2 is

Yeah, I realise there isn't much precedent for it, but Uhaa's thing has always been "he's a big guy who does flips". He's got some good natural charisma but isn't much of a promo guy and his height, while allowing him to stand out from the crowd on the indies and in Japan, won't do much for him in WWE. His athleticism is his big selling point and it'd be a shame to see that ignored.

Top Bottom