• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

joelseph

2sLIqDA.png

This woman is in need of a warrior or rasta.

Total days as champ all time combined...

#2 Hulk Hogan — 2,185 days as champion
#4 John Cena — 1,240 days as champion

Still has work to do!

The 15 time bothers me more than anything, the fact that this dude is even close to Ric Flair is the biggest insult to the industry in the last 100 years. It makes me physically ill thinking how that are going to rub that in everyone's face, and milk it. Oh man ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The 15 time bothers me more than anything, the fact that this dude is even close to Ric Flair is the biggest insult to the industry in the last 100 years. It makes me physically ill thinking how that are going to rub that in everyone's face, and milk it. Oh man ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man!!!!!!!!!

lol this guy

I love it maggle

This is the man coming for that record, and he's done a hell of a lot more Make-A-Wish work than Flair
Z734p4N.gif

Don't worry, Roman will inevitably be the one to break Cena's record.

Agreed to review some WWE DVDs without paying attention to recent releases. Now I've got to watch a 3-disc set of the WWE's sycophant general, Cool Dad Chris Jericho, and somehow keep my disdain for the man under check. Same goes for the Warrior doc. Fuck that dude and his reprehensible opinions.

Sure, it wasn't make a wish, but I'm sure some people dreamt of riding space mountain and he did a lot of work for that.

Flair's probably made 10% of the Make-A-Wish kids that Cena has granted wishes for, but that's only because I assume about 10% of children born between 1978 and today are Flair's illegitimate offspring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, it wasn't make a wish, but I'm sure some people dreamt of riding space mountain and he did a lot of work for that.

Tell that to all the girls he kissed and made em smile

That's a really good point. He didn't work with at-risk children, he worked with at-risk grown women.

Agreed to review some WWE DVDs without paying attention to recent releases. Now I've got to watch a 3-disc set of the WWE's sycophant general, Cool Dad Chris Jericho, and somehow keep my disdain for the man under check. Same goes for the Warrior doc. Fuck that dude and his reprehensible opinions.

Why don't you take the Shook Challenge set? We got backyard matches. Best of Miniak Vol 1.

Good luck getting through those WWE productions. I find em ehhh. The Bateaster one (the original one, not the most recent one with his most recent comeback) was really good. I also enjoyed the Road Warriors one. Lots of Minnesota in there, it was good.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm pretty sure Summerslam main event is either Seth vs. Brock for the strap (honestly, THE dream match of the present moment, even more than Cesaro or Bryan, as Seth is simply the best guy in the company) or a triple threat with Roman thrown in, either of which I'm fine with.

Who do you guys think Brock's 'Mania opponent for next year is going to be? We were hearing Rock/Brock, but now it's looking like Rock/HHH, possibly in a mixed tag with the Rousey shit. Brock/Taker would be idiotic, as there's no reason for 'Taker to be the guy who gets the rub for his own streak. Brock/Roman 2 probably wouldn't be as good as the first one, but it'd be alright. Considering they're setting Brock up as a major antagonist to The Authority, do you do Brock/Rollins? That'd be a HELL of a Wrestlemania match, brother.

I'd also accept Orton/Brock, mainly because it'd be an awesome match, and Orton's one of the few guys with the kayfabe credibility to not be laughable in such a match, but that seems more like what they'd have Brock do for Royal Rumble to tide him over than his 'Mania match. Then again, Orton's the bigger star, and given the size of the stadium, maybe that matters more for WM32.

Edit: I am, of course, assuming that they're not going to have Cena do it - which they of course might, though I think Cena vs. Roman for the belt is a better use of both guys' time, and Cena giving Roman the rub is safer than having Brock use his one-time streak rub on a guy who might not work out, long-term, as THE guy. I also don't see any reality where they ever see Bryan as a big enough star to have anything more than a Summerslam match against The Beast, at best, and honestly, with how Brock wrestles now, I almost don't want to see the match.

I liked JR's idea of Brock/Rollins at Mania. There's a ton of matches you can do with Seth in the meantime. As long as I get those two one on one at some point, I'm happy.

Alucard

Banned

God speed, sir.

I still have a lot of respect for Jericho's career and am grateful for the years of entertainment he provided, but I've definitely soured on the guy over the past year or so.

On a random Jericho note, he's a bad interviewer because he always spins his guest's answers into a story about himself. "Oh yeah, I went through the same thing! When I was champion,..."

strobogo

Banned

Never has whatamark.gif been more appropriate. Ric Flair was a shitty technical wrestler who worked the wrong leg to set up the figure four for 30 years, had the same match for 30 years no matter the opponent, and worked himself into a shoot. And is a bitchy old man who cries and berries dudes any time he gets a mic around him.

Why don't you take the Shook Challenge set? We got backyard matches. Best of Miniak Vol 1.

I think I'm done with backyard matches after I saw some Australian deathmatch tournament where a dude got his nutsack stapled to a chair (and then forcibly removed). There was a lot of blood, just dripping down his legs.

God speed, sir.

I still have a lot of respect for Jericho's career and am grateful for the years of entertainment he provided, but I've definitely soured on the guy over the past year or so.

On a random Jericho note, he's a bad interviewer because he always spins his guest's answers into a story about himself. "Oh yeah, I went through the same thing! When I was champion,..."

I'm sure I'll be fine with the matches, but the documentary? Ehhhhhhhhhhh. And yeah, Jericho's an awful interviewer, has to make everything about himself. People give Colt a lot of flack for being annoying, but I like that he sits back and lets people tell their story (for the most part).

Alucard

Banned
Never has whatamark.gif been more appropriate. Ric Flair was a shitty technical wrestler who worked the wrong leg to set up the figure four for 30 years, had the same match for 30 years no matter the opponent, and worked himself into a shoot. And is a bitchy old man who cries and berries dudes any time he gets a mic around him.

Bret Hart would agree with you. And so would I.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm done with backyard matches after I saw some Australian deathmatch tournament where a dude got his nutsack stapled to a chair (and then forcibly removed). There was a lot of blood, just dripping down his legs.

Where's the jiff? Link me

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't berry Ric like that. He had an incredible hold on the south and it's infectious. Sure, you can dump him out of your top 50 workers but even then I think he's worth having in there. He did a lot with not so much. However, almost all of his memorable matches (and there are quite a few) were done on the shoulders of his opponent. Steamboat. Von Erich. Stang. Michaels. and on and on.

bjork

You have to watch Warrior in the mindset of someone living pre-internet. Waking up on Saturday morning and catching wrestling after little league practice or whatever and seeing this bulging maniac talking about all kinds of cool stuff and then wiping an opponent out in a minute or less. That stuff was all badass, even if the dude behind it wasn't as much.

Kaladin

Talking shit about Ric Flair?

Dems fightin' words in the south.

Flair was king in the 80's and throughout the 90's.

He should have retired long before he did, but he had one hell of a retirement run and the match with HBK is one of my favorites.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hated Flair's final WWE run. Absolutely hated it. He looked horrendous, didn't fit in with ANYTHING going on, and felt like they were milking him for the very last drop. Absolutely hated the way it went out. He shoulda left with WCW and been done.

Kaladin

I hated Flair's final WWE run. Absolutely hated it. He looked horrendous, didn't fit in with ANYTHING going on, and felt like they were milking him for the very last drop. Absolutely hated the way it went out. He shoulda left with WCW and been done.

Flair went out like a king.

l.jpg

like a king.

KissVibes

Banned
I'm pretty sure Summerslam main event is either Seth vs. Brock for the strap (honestly, THE dream match of the present moment, even more than Cesaro or Bryan, as Seth is simply the best guy in the company) or a triple threat with Roman thrown in, either of which I'm fine with.

Who do you guys think Brock's 'Mania opponent for next year is going to be? We were hearing Rock/Brock, but now it's looking like Rock/HHH, possibly in a mixed tag with the Rousey shit. Brock/Taker would be idiotic, as there's no reason for 'Taker to be the guy who gets the rub for his own streak. Brock/Roman 2 probably wouldn't be as good as the first one, but it'd be alright. Considering they're setting Brock up as a major antagonist to The Authority, do you do Brock/Rollins? That'd be a HELL of a Wrestlemania match, brother.

I'd also accept Orton/Brock, mainly because it'd be an awesome match, and Orton's one of the few guys with the kayfabe credibility to not be laughable in such a match, but that seems more like what they'd have Brock do for Royal Rumble to tide him over than his 'Mania match. Then again, Orton's the bigger star, and given the size of the stadium, maybe that matters more for WM32.

Edit: I am, of course, assuming that they're not going to have Cena do it - which they of course might, though I think Cena vs. Roman for the belt is a better use of both guys' time, and Cena giving Roman the rub is safer than having Brock use his one-time streak rub on a guy who might not work out, long-term, as THE guy. I also don't see any reality where they ever see Bryan as a big enough star to have anything more than a Summerslam match against The Beast, at best, and honestly, with how Brock wrestles now, I almost don't want to see the match.

Brock Lesnar vs Stone Cold at WM32.

Fucking bet YOUR ASS on it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't see how anyone can like pro wrestling while caring about the person performing it as a person and their views.

That means you can only like about 5 people in the history of carnydon in good conscious.

bjork

He should've won the Royal Rumble and then showed up on Saturday Night and threw their belt in the trash.

Brock Lesnar vs Stone Cold at WM32.

Fucking bet YOUR ASS on it.

I would be willing to bet big time that it doesn't happen.

strobogo

Banned
I wouldn't berry Ric like that. He had an incredible hold on the south and it's infectious. Sure, you can dump him out of your top 50 workers but even then I think he's worth having in there. He did a lot with not so much. However, almost all of his memorable matches (and there are quite a few) were done on the shoulders of his opponent. Steamboat. Von Erich. Stang. Michaels. and on and on.

I would berry his in ring work for sure. I would never, ever berry his promos. Like, top 5 promo guy of all time probably. But his in ring work has been so vastly over rated over the years. He's always listed as this great ring general and technical wrestler. He's not either. His formula match has no psychology to it, he was sloppy and awkward as shit when he ever tried actual technical stuff, he had weak as fuck offense for his entire career.

Ric Flair wasn't even the best wrestler in the 4 Horsemen. At any time period.

Flair's highly overrated as a technical wrestler, but he elevated so much talent over the course of his time on top, far more than Cena ever has or ever will.

Where's the jiff? Link me

Can't find the exact show, I think it was these fucks though;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpwiyqGBqD4

I don't see how anyone can like pro wrestling while caring about the person performing it as a person and their views.

That means you can only like about 5 people in the history of carnydon in good conscious.

Dick Murdoch was a card carrying member of the KKK, yet you didn't see him use his fame as a platform to spread his hateful views.

Captain Redneck > Warrior

I would berry his in ring work for sure. I would never, ever berry his promos. Like, top 5 promo guy of all time probably. But his in ring work has been so vastly over rated over the years. He's always listed as this great ring general and technical wrestler. He's not either. His formula match has no psychology to it, he was sloppy and awkward as shit when he ever tried actual technical stuff, he had weak as fuck offense for his entire career.

Ric Flair wasn't even the best wrestler in the 4 Horsemen. At any time period.

This is heresy. This is borderline blasphemous. I am extremely disappointed in you. I consider you a scholar, especially when it comes to anything pre-2000.

1980-1989 is the best run in the history. Best matches ever put to tape. Ric is the best Wrestler to ever set foot in the ropes. How many wrestlers did Ric make famous?
How many has Cena?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is heresy. This is borderline blasphemous. I am extremely disappointed in you. I consider you a scholar, especially when it cam to anything pre 2000.

1980-1989 is the best run in the history. Best matches ever put to tape. Ric is the best Wrestler to ever set foot in the ropes.

WHAT IF

consider this

What if your nostalgia is influencing this?

klonere

Banned
No.

But Stunnin' Steve Will.

I really can't see Austin wrestling at 32. Maybe involved in an angle but in the ring, locking up I very much doubt it.

On the subject of Austin, just finished WM14. How did the main event go over at the time? I found it pretty slow, undramatic with a very underwhelming finish. Was Austin still very limited post injury? Was Shawn completely in the pills gutter? Does Tyson have the fastest count in the west?

Mahonay

Banned
Just finished watching the NXT WrestleMania weekend episode...

Guys, I fucking love Hideo Itami.

Crazy to see just how fast he's adopted the WWE system in such a short time, especially when you consider how out of place he looked when he first came in. I for one was skeptical he was ever going to get properly adjusted, awesome to see how wrong I was. His in-ring story telling and pacing is some of the best of anyone in NXT. Dude is gonna be a superstar if given even the slightest of chance. Trips is obviously high on him so chances are good.

Top Bottom