• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Would not be surprised if that part was for a commercial break.

Wouldn't want Neville to get over.
Can anyone explain this unnecessary cynicism to me? This sort of shit poisons wrestling talk all over the Internet, and I really can't understand.

Wrestling is garbage a good 95% of the time (with the 5% making it worthwhile and then some), and there are some dumb decisions and dumb politics, but come on. It doesn't even make any sense.

People get invested in someone not picked by corporate, and see failure everywhere in regards to their favorite whenever they're not working a 15 minute 5 star match.
Yeah I have to assume that's pretty much it.

It still doesn't make sense because Neville looks like a little god already on Raw. Everyone's clearly into him, and he's got a whole superhero vibe going on that's easily going to catch on with kids. He's the obvious next Rey to everyone, including Vince.

somedevil

Here is the Extreme Rules Card so far:

Rollins vs Orton in
a Cage where Orton can't use the RKO
Rusev vs Cena in a
Russians Chain match
Daniel Bryan vs BNB
Nikki vs
Paige

Plus these probably will be added:

Reigns vs Big Show
Lucha Dragons vs Cesaro and Kidd
Harper vs Dean Ambrose
Ziggler vs Sheamus
Miz vs Mizdow

Alucard

Banned
I don't even know who Olivia Munn is. And I don't care. If it's a good movie, it's a good movie. Who cares as long as she can play the part fairly well? It's not like the X-Men films have Oscar-caliber performances either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm surprised anyone can be surprised at stro getting banned at this point. The only one with higher chance to be banned is Heavy.

Zach

Watching one of the new Attitude Era RAWs on the Network and I've already seen signs that say "Nation of Masturbation" and the ever so subtle "WANG".

Good times? >_>

Alucard

Banned
I don't always agree with stro, and I know he doesn't really like a lot of the stuff I contribute to this community, but I thought he'd mellowed out a bit. That old saltiness came back to haunt him.

CDIsrtG.gif

RBH

As noted over the weekend, information in a lawsuit filed by WWE in California last month to stop unlicensed merchandise being sold by outside vendors during WrestleMania 31 week included the full WWE schedule through March 28th, 2016, including the future pay-per-view locations and dates for NXT specials that we posted. Chris “Mookie” Harrington has recapped some more of the information and it was revealed that beginning on June 28th of this year, WWE started assigning letter codes to each city they visit – A, B+, B and C. It appears the grades are for the overall drawing power of the city based on WWE’s previous visit. Some cities appear in more than one category because different letter grades are assigned on different trips, sometimes because one visit is a TV taping and another visit is for a live event.

Harrington gave this breakdown:

A: 70 examples (minimum: 3,500; maximum 15,913) – average: 9,235
B+: 32 examples (minimum: 3,122; maximum 14,481) – average: 7,608
B: 48 examples (minimum: 2,626; maximum 12,717) – average: 6,496
C: 61 examples (minimum: 2,230; maximum 6,996) – average 4,546
Overall Average: 7,002

“A” Cities
Anaheim, CA, Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Bridgeport, CT, Brooklyn, NY, Buffalo, NY, Chicago, IL, Cincinnati, OH, Columbus, OH – Schottenstein Center, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Detroit, MI, Hartford, CT, Hildalgo, TX, Houston, TX, Jackson, MS, Kansas City, MO, Los Angeles, CA, Miami, FL, Minneapolis, MN, Nashville, TN, New York, NY, Newark, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ, Pittsburgh, PA, Portland, OR, Providence, RI, San Antonio, TX, San Jose, CA – SAP Center, St. Louis, MO, Tampa, FL, Toronto, ON – Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON – Ricoh Coliseum, Washington, DC, White Plains, NY, Wildwood, NJ

“B+” Cities:
Albany, NY, Anaheim, CA, Anchorage, AK, Bangor, ME, Birmingham, AL, Bridgeport, CT, Calgary, AB, Cincinnati, OH, Corpus Christi, TX, Daytona Beach, FL – Ocean Center, Des Moines, IA, East Lansing, MI, Edmonton, AB, Fairbanks, AK, Fort Myers, FL, Fresno, CA, Greenville, SC, Hampton, VA, Hershey, PA, Jonesboro, AR, Lafayette, LA, Laredo, TX, Lincoln, NE, Little Rock, AR, Loveland, CO, Memphis, TN, Milwaukee, WI, Montreal, QC, Nashville, TN, Ontario, CA, Orlando, FL – Amway Center, Roanoke, VA, Rochester, NY, Sacramento, CA, Salt Lake City, UT – Maverik Center, San Juan, PR, Stockton, CA, Syracuse, NY, Tampa, FL, Tulsa, OK, Uncasville, CT, Wilkes Barre, PA, Winnipeg, MB

“B” Cities:
Austin, TX, Bakersfield, CA, Calgary, AB, Cleveland, OH, Dayton, OH, Edmonton, AB, Everett, WA, Fresno, CA, Hartford, CT, Indianapolis, IN, Knoxville, TN, Louisville, KY – YUM Center, Milwaukee, WI, Montreal, QC, New Orleans, LA, Oklahoma City, OK, Omaha, NE, Phoenix, AZ, Portland, OR, Rochester, NY, Sacramento, CA, San Diego, CA, San Jose, CA – SAP Center, Seattle, WA, St. Louis, MO, Trenton, NJ, Tulsa, OK, Winnipeg, MB

“C” Cities:
Amarillo, TX, Augusta, GA, Bakersfield, CA, Baton Rouge, LA, Beaumont, TX, Binghamton, NY, Bloomington, IL, Bossier City, LA, Bowling Green, KY, Canton, OH, Casper, WY, Cedar Rapids, IA, Charlotte, NC, Charlottesville, VA, Chattanooga, TN, Colorado Springs, CO, Columbia, SC, Columbus, GA, Daytona Beach, FL – Ocean Center, Erie, PA, Evansville, IN, Fairfax, VA, Fargo, ND, Fayetteville, NC, Fort Myers, FL, Green Bay, WI, Huntsville, AL, Jackson ,TN, Jacksonville, FL, Johnson City, TN, Jonesboro, AR, Kalamazoo, MI, Laredo, TX, Macon, GA, Mobile, AL, Montreal, QC, North Charleston, SC, Odessa, TX, Peoria, IL, Rockford, IL, Salisbury, MD, Savannah, GA, Sioux City, IA, Sioux Falls, SD, Springfield, IL, Syracuse, NY, Tallahassee, FL, Toledo, OH, Tupelo, MS, Vancouver, BC, Victoria, BC, Waco,TX, Wilkes Barre, PA, Worcester, MA

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
B+ is a pretty good little spot for me.

Curious what the WCW versions of those would be given WCW touring a lot of Southern states more often.

I guess here's where I say something shitty about NXT crowds but its the truth. Most people who love NXT don't have children. Most. So...I can see why. Maybe once he's on the main roster it'll make sense to make em.

The discussion was that Randy Orton & Finn Balor fans have both remarked recently that they can't get kids size merch of those wrestlers. Seems really odd to make a remark about NXT without tying it back to the initial query of how a top WWE superstar doesn't have kids merch available on tour while only one male WWE superstar does.

Although that isn't saying something shitty about NXT crowds tbh Vince, NXT is based at a uni/college isn't it? Makes sense they wouldn't have kids if the average age there is 18-20 or whatever your uni age is. People in here have remarked that the NXT Full Sail crowd is a certain type of uni crowd so if their remarks were made earnestly I can understand the lack of kids merch on hand there. Now they are getting on the road (and seem to plan on being on the road more) I would hope they see that the market expands to more families while moving out of that uni/college setup. Would be a shame to leave money on the table like that.

This thread shows people with kids, without kids and without partners can be interested in wrestling remember.

I'll take a stab in the dark and guess than Orton's kids merch has sold poorly in the past? Merch team must have also expected that touring region also would have a low sell rate on Orton kids merch if they didn't bother to bring any

The discussion was that Randy Orton & Finn Balor fans have both remarked recently that they can't get kids size merch of those wrestlers. Seems really odd to make a remark about NXT without tying it back to the initial query of how a top WWE superstar doesn't have kids merch available on tour while only one male WWE superstar does.

Although that isn't saying something shitty about NXT crowds tbh Vince, NXT is based at a uni/college isn't it? Makes sense they wouldn't have kids if the average age there is 18-20 or whatever your uni age is. People in here have remarked that the NXT Full Sail crowd is a certain type of uni crowd so if their remarks were made earnestly I can understand the lack of kids merch on hand there. Now they are getting on the road (and seem to plan on being on the road more) I would hope they see that the market expands to more families while moving out of that uni/college setup. Would be a shame to leave money on the table like that.

This thread shows people with kids, without kids and without partners can be interested in wrestling remember.

I'll take a stab in the dark and guess than Orton's kids merch has sold poorly in the past? Merch team must have also expected that touring region also would have a low sell rate on Orton kids merch if they didn't bother to bring any

At all the NXT house shows I've been to (one to two shows monthly since December), I would say at least half the crowd is families.

Top Bottom