• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
993%20-%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20shotgun_saturday_night%20wwf.png

Don't nobody say Hunter wasn't there for the long haul. Wrestling in airports while Nash and Hall were wrestling in beach clubs

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still think they are toying with the brand split for next year and making Smackdown the Bryan and NXT show would be AMAZING.

They literally don't have enough talent for a brand split.

bjork

993%20-%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20shotgun_saturday_night%20wwf.png

Don't nobody say Hunter wasn't there for the long haul. Wrestling in airports while Nash and Hall were wrestling in beach clubs

HHH fell in fake pig poop for the sake of his company. That's a boss you could almost get behind, but Vince peed his pants on TV for the sake of his company. Non-PPV TV, at that. I think to get the respect of the boys, Hunter needs to poop em full on Raw.

bjork

So I called in sick for the first time in like 6 months. I woke up and the entire left side of my body was tingly, like when your foot falls asleep. I didn't think much of it at first, but like 4 hours later it hadn't gone away, so I decided driving to work and trying to do shit was probably a bad idea. Not sure what is wrong aside from a serious lack of sleep lately and an inability to breathe easily. Got some Booker T strips and some liquid Unisom, I guess I'm gonna see how it goes. Wish me luck, chaps.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I called in sick for the first time in like 6 months. I woke up and the entire left side of my body was tingly, like when your foot falls asleep. I didn't think much of it at first, but like 4 hours later it hadn't gone away, so I decided driving to work and trying to do shit was probably a bad idea. Not sure what is wrong aside from a serious lack of sleep lately and an inability to breathe easily. Got some Booker T strips and some liquid Unisom, I guess I'm gonna see how it goes. Wish me luck, chaps.

Yeah, you need to go see a doctor ASAP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bootaaay, if you haven't seen this one yet, you should.

Mil Mascaras vs Kuniaki Kobayashi(1986)

1f3IVva.gif

I didn't realize Mil was so over in Japan that people would get into fights for his entrance mask. This match is awesome for as short as it is. I love the 80s Luchadore vs Puroresu old school fights because it really does do a perfect blend of comparisons and contrasts. And Mil is 40, but you wouldn't be able to tell.
vrjcR21.gif

krz5p53.gif

OeUD2fT.gif

I'm loving Kuniaki's work too. I wish he had more stuff readily available because he's a great heel.

Bootaaay, if you haven't seen this one yet, you should.

Mil Mascaras vs Kuniaki Kobayashi(1986)

1f3IVva.gif

I didn't realize Mil was so over in Japan that people would get into fights for his entrance mask. This match is awesome for as short as it is. I love the 80s Luchadore vs Puroresu old school fights because it really does do a perfect blend of comparisons and contrasts. And Mil is 40, but you wouldn't be able to tell.
http://i.imgur.com/vrjcR21.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/krz5p53.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OeUD2fT.gif[IMG]
I'm loving Kuniaki's work too. I wish he had more stuff readily available because he's a great heel.[/QUOTE]

This has that big anime fight feel.

Thousand Masks-sama didn't sell for sh*t.

Head driven into the steel post? Whatever.

Knocked into and over the steel barricade by a suicide dive? Walk it off.

Aiii

So not worth it
i'd say it's too early to say, but then i remembered that we've been sayin this since he's been in NXT

so with Kofi turning heel and no longer being the old Kofi, yes

Well, the thing is the spot he did yesterday, walking the railing and then doing the flip on Dolph.

It just screamed Kofi (or JoMo, if you will) to me. Which immediately make me think that Neville is getting the Kofi spot next year at the Rumble for sure. And so, I expect him to fill that singles spot of Midcard jobber that flipflops for sure.

Aiii

So not worth it
After a single match everyone is already claiming he is doomed. Never change.

And for the record taking a loss isn't the same as being buried. Sorry to disappoint you internet.

The words doomed and buried have not been uttered, my name is also not "Internet" :)

WWE too often takes the approach of putting a new guy in matches with perceived 'top' talent, thus supposedly elevating the new guy by virtue of the company he's now in. However, that only works if the talent in question is worth a damn - I'd argue that the Rollins match did a lot for Neville, but the Ziggler match didn't.

Hasney

WWE too often takes the approach of putting a new guy in matches with perceived 'top' talent, thus supposedly elevating the new guy by virtue of the company he's now in. However, that only works if the talent in question is worth a damn - I'd argue that the Rollins match did a lot for Neville, but the Ziggler match didn't.

If they had done something with Ziggler after his Survivor Series performance or even brought it up after TLC, he could have been.

I think it goes back to wanting showcase jobber matches. It worked for Ryback and I think it works in a lot of ways as it shows off what the guy can do and kayfabe, they're starting at the bottom to work their way up.

There's plenty of local talent to do this with or I'm sure some guys would jump at the chance to be TV jobber. Hell, they might even be the 1 in 100 that can Horrowitz it and slightly break out.

Aiii

So not worth it

The problem really is the way Ziggler is booked, I agree. In every which way you look at it, Ziggler is a loser. Yes, he's popular as a midcarder, yes he has good and entertaining matches... But he's also the guy that loses a lot. The crowd knows Ziggler loses a lot, so having Neville come out and have an entertaining match against Ziggler, which he then still loses does nothing to elevate Neville above where he was last week after the Rollins match.

Losing against the WWE champion is not a problem, Rollins should be damn near unbeatable as the top dog in the company and Neville gave him a run for his money, that's great. But that just doesn't fly with a guy like Ziggler (or any of the midcarders, it really only goes for a handful of people, guys like Orton, Rusev, Cena). If you really want to bring in a guy like Neville and show how great he is, you would put him over nearly everyone except your top guys.

Booking-wise it just doesn't make any sense to have him lose to a guy like Ziggler. It also doesn't make sense to have Ziggler to go over from Ziggler's point of view. You don't need to protect him, he loses so much already and to guys they consider lesser than Neville at this point. I guess they wanted Ziggler to win to make him look like more of a threat to Sheamus, but that's not realistic after years of being booked like Ziggler has been. And if you really have to protect Ziggler by not having him lose to Neville and already have Sheamus booked for a post-match beat down, guess what, you could have booked him to win by DQ through Sheamus interference and protected both Neville and Ziggler.

It's just not the best booking for either guy.

Jpeeples, are you incorporating gifs into your reviews now?

I've been doing them for a little while - but half the time, imgur doesn't work properly when I upload them so they haven't been in many recaps. I mainly put them on the F4W board during the live thread for the shows.

I've been doing them for a little while - but half the time, imgur doesn't work properly when I upload them so they haven't been in many recaps. I mainly put them on the F4W board during the live thread for the shows.

Cheating on us with another live thread? How dare you.

Xater

I just heard they booked Regns vs Show for Extreme Rules. Excuse me here for a second.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So I guess they did all those house show matches to figure out how to finally make this a good match? It won't be and no one will care.

Razorskin

----- ------
I just heard they booked Regns vs Show for Extreme Rules. Excuse me here for a second.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So I guess they did all those house show matches to figure out how to finally make this a good match? It won't be and no one will care.

Reigns' Superman punch and Show's WMD will make contact with each other, Show will break his hand from it and be out of action for months.

Poor Dean, he looks so uninterested :(

Hope you get to a doctor, fingers crossed everything clears up dude.

Neville is destined to be the new Kofi, isn't he?
Nah he'll be fine. He won't be a top talent unless he strikes it hot with a repackage but I don't think he'll get stuck in the Kofi clock.

Bandini

Good morning, wrasslin' fans. Just read a RAW recap... was it really as bad as it sounds? Guess I made a good decision watching Daredevil.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan Alvarez just said that in the WWE's new Daniel Bryan book they do not mention AJ Lee once. Not even in passing.

Bryan Alvarez just said that in the WWE's new Daniel Bryan book they do not mention AJ Lee once. Not even in passing.

That's really weird. They were really cordial about her leaving, and the book will have been finished long before she gave her notice, so it can't be a spite thing, right?

MC Safety

That's really weird. They were really cordial about her leaving, and the book will have been finished long before she gave her notice, so it can't be a spite thing, right?

It may have been a polite gesture done in respect of Mrs. Bryan.

But it does seem a notable omission.

Top Bottom