• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

jmdajr

“I’m as close to some of the young guys now as I was to the guys back then. Dolph Ziggler, Miz, John Cena, Seth Rollins,” he said. “I love those guys. I’ve just got to know Roman Reigns as well. He’s a great guy.” -Ric Flair

Fox318

“I’m as close to some of the young guys now as I was to the guys back then. Dolph Ziggler, Miz, John Cena, Seth Rollins,” he said. “I love those guys. I’ve just got to know Roman Reigns as well. He’s a great guy.” -Ric Flair

So is he bringing them to the clubs?

Big daddy yum yum is back

CCi7T4tUgAAZHsY.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Got through Raw in an hour and 15 minutes. Overall, a pretty good show.

-Smart opening with Cena and Barrett. They knew what the crowd reaction was going to be and embraced it. Good match, too, and nice follow-up with Rusev.

-Random Naomi turn was random. Paige actually looked comfortable on the mic.

-Roman held his own in a live interview. Looked and sounded much more natural, but still cussing too much.

-Enjoying the PTP stuff.

-Lucha Dragons are fun.

-Kane and Rollins segments, as well as Kane and Bryan, provided for some solid entertainment.

-Neville and Ziggler was quite good. I would definitely like to watch them go longer. However, Neville needs some kind of video package or interview to give us a reason to care. Otherwise, he'll just be another Evan Bourne.

----
Stuff I skipped:

-Orton matches
-Fandango match
-Ryback match
-Stardust match
-Mizdow match
-Rollins/Orton final segment

thefro

Any must-see NXT stuff to watch outside of the specials? I've watched the first couple and plan on watching the other 3 before cancelling my WWE network sub (signed up for WM).

jmdajr

Got through Raw in an hour and 15 minutes. Overall, a pretty good show.

-Smart opening with Cena and Barrett. They knew what the crowd reaction was going to be and embraced it. Good match, too, and nice follow-up with Rusev.

-Random Naomi turn was random. Paige actually looked comfortable on the mic.

-Roman held his own in a live interview. Looked and sounded much more natural, but still cussing too much.

-Enjoying the PTP stuff.

-Lucha Dragons are fun.

-Kane and Rollins segments, as well as Kane and Bryan, provided for some solid entertainment.

-Neville and Ziggler was quite good. I would definitely like to watch them go longer. However, Neville needs some kind of video package or interview to give us a reason to care. Otherwise, he'll just be another Evan Bourne.

----
Stuff I skipped:

-Orton matches
-Fandango match
-Ryback match
-Stardust match
-Mizdow match
-Rollins/Orton final segment

The world's biggest bitch!

joelseph

Any must-see NXT stuff to watch outside of the specials? I've watched the first couple and plan on watching the other 3 before cancelling my WWE network sub (signed up for WM).

You can watch the regular shows on Hulu free AFAIK. They are worth watching.

Aiii

So not worth it
Man, maybe I'm starting to give less fucks in my older age (lol) but I think the bitching about MKX's DLC feels excessive

It's like cosmetic DLC, who gives a fuck? Outrage about a non-game-impacting DLC option?

It's not like they took anything out of the game to sell either, so honestly, whatever outrage people have for that particular DLC, I don't get it.

Sephzilla

It's like cosmetic DLC, who gives a fuck? Outrage about a non-game-impacting DLC option?

It's not like they took anything out of the game to sell either, so honestly, whatever outrage people have for that particular DLC, I don't get it.

What's there to complain about?

Apparently the kharacter models for two of the DLC kharacters are in the game or something and people are complaining? I haven't played the story yet so I don't know. But yeah, outside of Goro and the 4 announced DLC khars, all of the other DLC is cosmetic shit.

People are apparently really pissed about the "easy fatality" stuff where you pay 99 cents and can do 5 fatalities with like 1 or 2 button inputs. If you're going to waste money because you can't do a 5 button fatality input that's right there in your moves list, more power to you and have fun wasting your money.

Raw64life

Having to pay, after taxes, almost $100 to be able to play as every available character in a fighting game. No thanks. I'll pay $40 for the Komplete Edition later this year/early next year at the latest.

Rusev/cena is a YAPPA PIE?

The chain is of Russian descent. Makes it completely different.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently the kharacter models for two of the DLC kharacters are in the game or something and people are complaining? I haven't played the story yet so I don't know. But yeah, outside of Goro and the 4 announced DLC khars, all of the other DLC is cosmetic shit.

People are apparently really pissed about the "easy fatality" stuff where you pay 99 cents and can do 5 fatalities with like 1 or 2 button inputs. If you're going to waste money because you can't do a 5 button fatality input that's right there in your moves list, more power to you and have fun wasting your money.

Idiot tax, I suppose

krae_man

I looked up that WWE lawsuit to see if Toronto is getting a Raw or Smackdown.

LOL Ricoh.

Meanwhile St Louis gets 2 PPVs in 7 months.

Alucard

Banned
In my younger teens I basically lived on Bungie.net during Halo's glory days. So I think I absolutely was "one of them".

On that note, Bungie.net was an awful place.

I never did the online community gaming thing. Just once or twice with Warcraft 1. Got killed and quickly wondered how the hell people could build stuff so quickly.

I was more of an NES and SNES kid. My neighbor and my cousins had a Genesis, so I got the full 16-bit experience.

Sephzilla

If you don't like DLC then just dont buy DLC. The main reason DLC is still a big thing is because, guess what, a lot of people buy this stuff. Gamers have a surprisingly hard time voting with their wallets (which is why I'm still kind of surprised the Devil May Cry community mostly said no to the reboot)

RP912

Banned
Can somebody sum up the issues with MK10?

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger this weekend since I want to use the based Sun Gawd...but if there's any issues...back to preordering Project CARS.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, just wanna point out...

-Naomi
-Alicia Fox
-Cameron

All heels. The race problem is real, friends.

Are there any legit babyfaces in the Divas division? Only Paige comes to mind.

Fox Mulder

Idiot tax, I suppose

I still like mortal kombat, just have fallen off it hard and don't want to remember fatality combos and where to execute them anymore. Just let me push X.

The story mode was still absurd fun the last time even if I never went online or played much beyond that.

Sephzilla

-Naomi
-Alicia Fox
-Cameron

Paige I think is the only baby face in the division now since AJ is gone. I'd have to assume the void of face divas is going to be filled by Charlotte and Bailey at some point

Can somebody sum up the issues with MK10?

PC release is a clusterfuck because they rolled out a new steam download while you play model and all the pieces aren't up y et. My guess is the logistics of it got fucked up somewhere, will probably be ready for me to download when I get home tonight.

Pretty lame problem to have though, thought SteamOS was supposed to save us from the tyranny of windows or some shit

RP912

Banned

-Naomi
-Alicia Fox
-Cameron

when did Naomi became a heel o_0? I always thought she was a face unless I missed something over the course of the week.

Striker

I got to see Naomi's promo she did backstage and thought it was really well done. The best promo by a woman in the 'E in quite some time.

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;160080688 said:
PC release is a clusterfuck because they rolled out a new steam download while you play model and all the pieces aren't up y et. My guess is the logistics of it got fucked up somewhere, will probably be ready for me to download when I get home tonight.

Pretty lame problem to have though, thought SteamOS was supposed to save us from the tyranny of windows or some shit

Sounds like it's more a Steam issue than an MK issue

JavyOO7

I've watched every single NXT show on the network until NXT Rival. After that I have not watched but will watch all that I have missed this week.

If you continue watching NXT, some of the episodes are great. Some are eh. Some are bad. But it does ramp up from NXT Takeover 1 and on. But through the good and the bad, I've grown to love most of the characters.

Keep an eye on Sami, Neville, Tyson Kidd, Breeze because they all have had some great matches in NXT last year.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, how long until Neville answers Cena's open challenge? Could see this being their logic:

Face made guys and lose.

Neville will need a program pretty soon.

Hasney

So since they've put these attitude Raws up, I'm just before the Royal Rumble '98 but it's quite clear why it's so well regarded.

Watch the Jan 12th 1998 episode and tell me who's going to win. Austin doesn't even make it to the final segment because he's taken out by Savio Vegas stable. Who the fuck saw that coming? He's going to be the biggest star coming out of the PPV in 6 days from that point. Anyone who watched at that time, did you see Austin winning? Technically again after his heel cheat win in '97?

I think the Kane story is the most telling compared to what they do now in terms of rushing story. First ever hell in a cell match, HBK V Undertaker... Technically it's a fun match before it's gotta be... It's gotta be Kane! That was October.

Fast forward to where the network attitude era starts. Undertaker refuses to fight Kane in any scenario but Paul Bearer is trying to make it happen. A bunch of jobber factions that spawned off the NOD and the Headbangers are in a multi-man handicap match against Kane, but Undertaker saves it. Paul Bearer disowns Kane ahead of Undertakers title match against HBK. That match is when Kane turns on Undertaker again, but they still don't have a match for 2 months until Wrestlemania.

I'll never claim that Undertaker V Kane is a classic, but the 5 month build really made it feel like it was.

Sephzilla

So since they've put these attitude Raws up, I'm just before the Royal Rumble '98 but it's quite clear why it's so well regarded.

Watch the Jan 12th 1998 episode and tell me who's going to win. Austin doesn't even make it to the final segment because he's taken out by Savio Vegas stable. Who the fuck saw that coming? He's going to be the biggest star coming out of the PPV in 6 days from that point. Anyone who watched at that time, did you see Austin winning? Technically again after his heel cheat win in '97?

I think the Kane story is the most telling compared to what they do now in terms of rushing story. First ever hell in a cell match, HBK V Undertaker... Technically it's a fun match before it's gotta be... It's gotta be Kane! That was October.

Fast forward to where the network attitude era starts. Undertaker refuses to fight Kane in any scenario but Paul Bearer is trying to make it happen. A bunch of jobber factions that spawned off the NOD and the Headbangers are in a multi-man handicap match against Kane, but Undertaker saves it. Paul Bearer disowns Kane ahead of Undertakers title match against HBK. That match is when Kane turns on Undertaker again, but they still don't have a match for 2 months until Wrestlemania.

I'll never claim that Undertaker V Kane is a classic, but the 5 month build really made it feel like it was.

100% agree. Kane vs Taker was never a classic matchup, but the whole Kane/Undertaker storyline that built up to that match was honestly some of the best stuff WWE has done in my opinion. When Taker came back and basically said "fuck all this" and said he'd fight Kane, I was jacked.

Top Bottom