• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

BFgX2U8.gif

Hasney

100% agree. Kane vs Taker was never a classic matchup, but the whole Kane/Undertaker storyline that built up to that match was honestly some of the best stuff WWE has done in my opinion. When Taker came back and basically said "fuck all this" and said he'd fight Kane, I was jacked.

And then Kane breaks the bonds of Bearer completely during '98 and the brothers of destruction are born... Only for Vince to use them against Austin from Summerslam UT V Austin 1 on 1, then the triple threat where it's a draw. So Kane V Undertaker for the WWF title and special guest ref Austin declares himself the winner to get fired.

Some people claim Deadly Games is bad, but seeing the events that lead up to it from SS '97 and all the above mentioned events, it's the best tournament ever made and was a scewjob a year in the making.

Toki767

So Since Naomi turned, are the Usos turning too? Or are they just going to pretend Naomi isn't married to Jimmy like how they pretend Brie isn't married to Bryan anymore?

WWE too often takes the approach of putting a new guy in matches with perceived 'top' talent, thus supposedly elevating the new guy by virtue of the company he's now in. However, that only works if the talent in question is worth a damn - I'd argue that the Rollins match did a lot for Neville, but the Ziggler match didn't.

I think the weirdest thing was that last night they same soooo close to pointing out that Ziggler was top talent but then fumbled at the last second. Big Show was reminding Kane about Survivor Series and how he punched Cena because it was Best for Business, they could have taken this a step further and pointed out that Ziggler still managed to overcome the Authority at that point, so maybe Kane should address that threat by taking the match and laying down.

Sephzilla

So Since Naomi turned, are the Usos turning too? Or are they just going to pretend Naomi isn't married to Jimmy like how they pretend Brie isn't married to Bryan anymore?

Or how they don't acknowledge that Cena, babyface of the company, is dating the top heel diva.

Toki767

Or how they don't acknowledge that Cena, babyface of the company, is dating the top heel diva.

Well they never acknowledged that to begin with, but they've spent months saying how Naomi and Jimmy are married like how they spent months talking about Brie and Bryan's relationship.

Barrage

According to Dave Meltzer, Bryan is "not doing good" and has been hidden in tag matches and backstage segments as a result. Meltzer also stated he would not be shocked if Bryan dropped the IC Title soon due to being in rough shape.

Vince was right to put Reigns in the Main Event at WM over Bryan.No other way to say it.

Toki767

Vince was right to put Reigns in the Mian Event at WM over Bryan.No other way to say it.

They have the opportunity to put the IC title on Reigns. That way it'll still matter. And let's face it, Reigns with the IC title would get a better push than Bryan with the IC title anyway.

Mahonay

Banned
Surprised how decent RAW was last night. Only part I really hated was Orton beating and going over both of the tag team champions at the same time.

Those suggesting Neville is heading on some kind of Justin Gabriel career arc are fucking insane. They are giving him a top talent treatment out of the gate, even if he's losing. Yes, that match against Ziggler was not smart booking for either guy, but how was that any different from all the other random ill-thought-out matches that the WWE loves booking on a weekly basis? People are acting as if this is a wrestling promotion that is known for proper build ups and proper match progression. I'm not really sure what show you've been watching for the past decade.

Neville has a bright future and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the title picture at some point down the road. It's laughably early to say they've missed the boat on him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're literally the first guy I've seen express anything positive about him. (I havent touched him yet). Thankfully, my main from last game hasn't been messed with too much.

I play for looks, not to win. He's a dope-ass dude. I wouldn't touch the MK thread with a ten foot pole - I like to keep games fun, not overanalyze. Unless it's Life is Strange. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Hasney

You're literally the first guy I've seen express anything positive about him. (I havent touched him yet). Thankfully, my main from last game hasn't been messed with too much.

Screen-Shot-2015-03-12-at-12.13.14-PM-480x270.png

Still so annoyed. I wish the internet never existed so I never had to find people to play SSF2 on Dreamcast. I've actually still got the same posse playing, but region locked MP is screwing us.

We could get by on PC between us maybe, but who knows right now with the PC version failing.

If it ever works properly, I'm all in with Cassie with that fatality.

Sephzilla

I play for looks, not to win. He's a dope-ass dude. I wouldn't touch the MK thread with a ten foot pole - I like to keep games fun, not overanalyze. Unless it's Life is Strange. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

You arent missing much in the MK thread.

If it ever works properly, I'm all in with Cassie with that fatality.

Cassie is pretty legit.

Sub Zero in MKX feels really slow for me. I'd like to play with him a lot but god damn his freeze ball has a long ass wind up now.

Mahonay

Banned
I think the weirdest thing was that last night they same soooo close to pointing out that Ziggler was top talent but then fumbled at the last second. Big Show was reminding Kane about Survivor Series and how he punched Cena because it was Best for Business, they could have taken this a step further and pointed out that Ziggler still managed to overcome the Authority at that point, so maybe Kane should address that threat by taking the match and laying down.
WWE is fine with forgetting that Ziggler won the Survivor Series on his own. It was the spot that was always booked for Roman. It might as well have been Benoit that won that Survivor Series with the effort they have gone to completely retcon it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shame Noob Saibot didn't show up in MKX :/.

Lots of missing people. I gotta admit though I really, REALLY like that NetherRealm made the women a hell of a lot more normal looking in this one and less like a crew of strippers. There was a crazy imbalance last time. Now it feels so much more accessible.

Hasney

Lots of missing people. I gotta admit though I really, REALLY like that NetherRealm made the women a hell of a lot more normal looking in this one and less like a crew of strippers. There was a crazy imbalance last time. Now it feels so much more accessible.

I'm OK with the missing characters as long as they come back after a rest. I really agree female roster wise.

You don't need to play every character every instalment. That should just mean that Sean is back in SF V.

RP912

Banned

Yeah I notice the women actually look presentable in this game. Mileena still gives me nightmares to this very day.

Hasney

The issue is that Valve's Stream download thing isn't getting the files out to people. I don't see how this is a Netherrealm/High Voltage issue. Oh wait, Valve can do no wrong.

Oh wait, even if the streaming is 100% Valves fault, the PC netcode of both MK9 and Injustice is unplayable anyway. Shocking that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will say this, MKX is doing extremely well sales-wise, people are going bananas for it. Bodes well that Injustice 2 is going to have some dollars behind it.

Hasney

I will say this, MKX is doing extremely well sales-wise, people are going bananas for it. Bodes well that Injustice 2 is going to have some dollars behind it.

It's sounding good. I'm fine with the DLC sale of easy fatalities too, it is clearly just an idiot tax. WB found a great window for it to launch in.

Has the online netcode for PC even been properly tested yet? Last I heard the PC stuff was still in complete disarray

I'll never say Valve are infallible, but if they had a say that this was the game to test the streaming feature with, they picked right. HVS have never ever done a competent port, so if this was Valves official test, they picked perfectly.

Vince was right to put Reigns in the Main Event at WM over Bryan.No other way to say it.

Bryan should have just retired. Forgetting the shitty Kane feud, dude went out about as high as a wrestler can, and there was no way he was ever gonna be that big again, whatever we all thought or hoped.

At the very least, he should have given himself a few months after getting cleared to get back to the gym, get back in shape, build up some muscle, etc. At this point, all this return has done is made him look like a goober.

+1 for really liking the designs for all the women in MKX. I can't find it but I could swear there was an interview boon did where someone asked him about the women's designs around when MK9 came out and he was kind of sheepish about it and was like "ahhh there were two thoughts of where to bring their designs in the office and it was put up to a vote". It was cool that they made mileena's whole personality charged with it and shit, but then you had weird stuff like sheeva feeling herself for a win pose, wtf?

maybe nrs's got a new art director?

Wish the new gen earthrealm characters weren't all bland technicool designs, though seeing Kung Jin and takeda in motion's made me a fan of both.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if I want to do an OT for this, since we're way heavy on comic books, but here's my

Fave Five Comic Book Characters

5. Magnus Robot Fighter
2UyXnbL.jpg

Enjoyed him in 90s Valiant, enjoyed his stuff from the 60s at Gold Key. Love this guy.

4. Thanos (entirely due to the Thanos Quest set of books. Amazing stuff. Loved him ever since.)

1amYXps.jpg

3. Death's Head

i61tAqt.jpg

This is a dude I imagine Boots would like if he ever read his stuff. Something overwhelmingly British about him. He did some crossover stuff with Dr Who which disgusts me, but still.

2. Death's Head II

Essence of everything I was into in the 90s in one character. Incredibly fucking dumb, but sooooo awesome.

wCSQzxM.jpg

1. The Punisher

Favorite Punisher:
CdDGiZX.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Has there been any word from WWE as to why they skipped the entirety of 1997 on the Network?

Sephzilla

Obligatory "gaming side is weird" post.

Bloodborne, a niche PS4 exclusive game, is pacing Dark Souls 2, a niche multiplatform game, in sales. And yet there's this guy on gaming side who's claiming that if From Software retired the "Dark Souls" series it would abandon a ton of fans despite the fact that all of the evidence says most Souls fans probably jumped to PS4 anyway and that the "Souls" series doesn't need to ride the "Souls" name to success.

Alucard

Banned

Bloodborne, a niche PS4 exclusive game, is pacing Dark Souls 2, a niche multiplatform game, in sales. And yet there's this guy on gaming side who's claiming that if From Software retired the "Dark Souls" series it would abandon a ton of fans despite the fact that all of the evidence says most Souls fans probably jumped to PS4 anyway and that the "Souls" series doesn't need to ride the "Souls" name to success.

To have the reasoning powers of a 16-year-old. Ahh. Those were the days.

Toki767

You would think people who spend thousands of dollars on a high end PC who also just upgrade their video cards every year could skip a video card upgrade for one year and just buy a console.

Whoa. That is totally unfortunate if true.

Put the IC title on Neville at Summerslam.

That would require long-term intelligent booking of the IC Title. And considering they already opted to put the title on the broken-down guy who they didn't even trust to take a single bump in the wacky ladder match at WM, rather than Dean - the guy whose character spent MONTHS talking about how important that title was to him, and who's perfectly healthy - I don't see that.

I see BNB beating Bryan with some kind of dirty trick at ER, and Bryan going away for at least a few months while they figure out their options with him.

Top Bottom