• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

sn0UJE0.gif

Greatest of ease

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Think I'll get myself along to this, but the only person I've seen is El Ligro. The king of chat guy looks like a young Raven, and I sort of wish the dragon guy was called 'Primetime Dragon'.

Worth going to just for El Ligero. Great talent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny a death head fan ?

Wow something we both agagree on!

Love him, both of them. Did not enjoy Death3 though at ALL.

DH2 is everything 90s, but DH1 is just incredibly awesome and solid. I like they brought him into the cosmic shit recently, a bright spot (so far, I haven't been keeping up) and he's so goddamned droll. I love him.

90's me totally bought into Death's Head II, as well as other 2xtreme characters like Lobo. I guess my top five would be; 5. Dream, 4. Spider Jerusalem, 3. Conan, 2. The Punisher, 1. The Spectre

Think I'll get myself along to this, but the only person I've seen is El Ligro. The king of chat guy looks like a young Raven, and I sort of wish the dragon guy was called 'Primetime Dragon'.

Haven't seen Polo yet, but he's meant to be a good heel - Liam Lazarus is a great up-and-coming wrestler, only a few years experience and doesn't do anything flashy enough to make him immediately stand out, but he's very solid and has a good match with whoever they put him against. Joe Coffey's good, when he's not doing his Iron Man shit in ICW, and when he's tagging with his brother they make for a great bruiser tag team, plus guys like Carbon, Sean Only & Dan James are all pretty solid. Should be a fun show, I've enjoyed what I've seen from Tidal so far.

*watches Nick Gage's return*
Jeeeesus Christ RF freaking ruined it all by being there behind him with his fucking camera the whole time like an asshole

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
90's me totally bought into Death's Head II, as well as other 2xtreme characters like Lobo. I guess my top five would be; 5. Dream, 4. Spider Jerusalem, 3. Conan, 2. The Punisher, 1. The Spectre

Spectre huh? Interesting. And I really need to FINISH Sandman's initial run, I enjoy Dream a ton. Even though Death is far more interesting to me.

Lobo is a lot of fun to look back at now. So incredibly 90s on a level that it's just like watching Liquid Television.

Jackie Polo's also a play on classic British wrestler Jackie Pallo.

Spectre huh? Interesting.

Yeah, it's not really a common choice, but I'm a huge fan. I first read the late 80's run when I was about 6 or 7, shit kinda blew my mind with how weird it was. Loved all the religious symbolism and general fucked-up nature of a lot of The Spectre's stories.

*watches Nick Gage's return*
Jeeeesus Christ RF freaking ruined it all by being there behind him with his fucking camera the whole time like an asshole

Seriously, what a fucking goof.

somedevil

Well TNA is falling apart right now:

Another significant problem within TNA right now is Destination America. The network is reportedly calling a lot of the shots in TNA these days with the idea that they are paying TNA and running so many hours of their programming.

Destination America officials reportedly do not like TNA Impact Wrestling being taped from the UK. They do not know the pro wrestling business at all but they didn't like the idea of TV taped outside of America airing on their Destination America channel. Destination America may not have a problem with TNA running a yearly tour overseas but they have made it clear they want Impact taped in the US most of the time.

We noted before that Destination America officials wanted Kurt Angle to be the World Heavyweight Champion as they liked the idea of the champion on their network being an American gold medalist. They also are high on Taryn Terrell as Knockouts Champion because of her look.

Plus Taz might be gone soon:

We noted earlier that Taz missed the recent set of TNA Impact Wrestling tapings and that repercussions could be coming for him. It wasn't the actual TV tapings he missed but a voice-over session in Nashville to record commentary for the Impact episodes that have been taped.

PWInsider reports that there are issues between TNA and Taz, who has removed all references to TNA from his Twitter page. The reported TNA pay issues apparently led to Taz refusing to get on his flight from New York to Nashville.

Regarding the commentary for Impact, Josh Mathews reportedly worked alone for the episode that will air this Friday night but that could change as they may edit it again with commentary from a second person. For what it's worth, TNA recently tried Al Snow out

Well I see why he would be mad if you did not pay him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's not really a common choice, but I'm a huge fan. I first read the late 80's run when I was about 6 or 7, shit kinda blew my mind with how weird it was. Loved all the religious symbolism and general fucked-up nature of a lot of The Spectre's stories.

My honorable mentions were Ghost Rider, Blackheart (always enjoyed him trying to get away from his pops,) Shadowman (really loved Valiant's run with him in the 90s), Captain Marvel (Shazam), Swamp Thing, and some others.

I do have a Hated Five comic characters I'm just SICK of hearing about.

5. Hawkeye
4. Iron Man (nobody liked this fuck until recently, honest)
3. Batman
2. Wolverine
1. Black Bolt

Exhausted from hearing about all of these.

Fox318

Well TNA is falling apart right now:

Plus Taz might be gone soon:

Well I see why he would be mad if you did not pay him.

Doesn't this hurt Taz? He just launched that new podcast and without any connection to wrestling what is the draw for CBS to keep him signed?

Also it would probably be for the best for TNA to die if Destination America is calling shots.

Why they hired Russo secretly I'll never understand especially since it appears that Spike wouldn't mind having wrestling as part of their lineup.

somedevil

Then why did they even bring him back or put him in a ladder match?

Hell they have used neck based moves as part of the storytelling?

One he was cleared by all the medical officials. In the ladder match he did not do any crazy bumps everyone else did.

The problem is Bryan has to change his style. He was the one who put in doing those suplexes Harper did on neck. After doing it the WWE yelled at him and told him to stop. He needs to move away from the dives and top rope headbutts and go to a mat based style.

Haven't seen Polo yet, but he's meant to be a good heel - Liam Lazarus is a great up-and-coming wrestler, only a few years experience and doesn't do anything flashy enough to make him immediately stand out, but he's very solid and has a good match with whoever they put him against. Joe Coffey's good, when he's not doing his Iron Man shit in ICW, and when he's tagging with his brother they make for a great bruiser tag team, plus guys like Carbon, Sean Only & Dan James are all pretty solid. Should be a fun show, I've enjoyed what I've seen from Tidal so far.

Man, I didn't even see Carbon on that poster! Yeah, I've seen Carbon a few times and he was one of the few guys I had a few weeks training with back in the old wZw days in Walker (Iceman was the trainer, absolute brutal bloke of a man but really nice at the same time haha).

Then why did they even bring him back or put him in a ladder match?

Hell they have used neck based moves as part of the storytelling?
He said he was healthy, what more else could they have done? If they kept him out, fans would have complained Vince is holding Bryan down.

Those Dario videos were pretty great, I think I would really love to watch Lucha Underground if it were available legally in my country.

I'm guessing that Dario is an actor and not a wrestler? I never understood why WWE doesn't hire more actors to fill their authority/manager/non-wrestler roles, the few times they do have been pretty decent.

Fox318

Production wise it could've been better, but that fucker is front and center for no goddamn reason. He should've never been allowed to go out there.

Bryan keeps taking goddamn suplexes on his neck for some reason

I never understand this shit.

The whole fucking point of wrestling is so guys don't get hurt.

Like Jake The Snake would only knock Andre down near the ropes so he could use them to get back up. You didn't know that watching them wrestle but they made accommodations to be able to perform together.

So is Lucha Underground the direction wrestling shows should take now? Straight up "Yup, it's all staged, have this soap opera with some action scenes."

Heel

Those Dario videos were pretty great, I think I would really love to watch Lucha Underground if it were available legally in my country.

I'm guessing that Dario is an actor and not a wrestler? I never understood why WWE doesn't hire more actors to fill their authority/manager/non-wrestler roles, the few times they do have been pretty decent.

It's rumored Dario Cueto moonlights under the pseudonym "Luis Fernandez-Gil" to explore his passions in acting all while keeping his true aspirations as a wrestling villain a secret from Hollywood, yes.

9p74qp3l.jpg

notworksafe

Btw, just wanna point out...

-Naomi
-Alicia Fox
-Cameron

All heels. The race problem is real, friends.

Are there any legit babyfaces in the Divas division? Only Paige comes to mind.

There can't be heels or faces in the Divas division because there aren't any characters in the Divas division.

There are woman who do things but there's no reason behind any actions

Fox318

It's rumored Dario Cueto moonlights under the pseudonym "Luis Fernandez-Gil" to explore his passions in acting all while keeping his true aspirations as a wrestling villain a secret from Hollywood, yes.

9p74qp3l.jpg

He still reports to his boss
6NcTSLr.jpg

Fox318

It's possible Dario Cueto has been a sleeper cell for El Rey in Hollywood for years, funding movies as a means to secretly recruit John Cena, Dwayne Johnson, Kane, etc.

Exciting times.

Just goes to show you that the jabronie marks without a life that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot know whats going on.

Top Bottom