• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Sephzilla

Try and tell me 1995 snob HHH wouldn't be way better as an authority figure than corporate-ass "I just got hit with bats and shit by Sting but now I'm out here in a suit smiling like an hour later" HHH.

He wouldn't.

Short hair trips in a suit looks so much more convincing as a corporate boss than any long hair HHH would, which increases his hate-ability +100.

jmdajr

Jericho saying in his book that he had to teach Scott Hall a roll-up and Scott Hall saying that never happened.
Jericho asking Zbysko for the Living Legend moniker, Zbysko denying him then Jericho going on his book to say how Zbysko was always out to bury him in WCW.
https://dennisearl.wordpress.com/20...bout-his-appearance-on-the-howard-stern-show/

Or do you only believe the wrestlers you want to believe?

Nice, one guy's word against the other. Hard evidence. Plus wtf does Scott Hall remember legitimately.

notworksafe

I'm legitimately jealous of this. I want to go see it pretty bad.
It was a legitimately cool spot. Such a crazy house. I'm not surprised they only do guided tours there cause you could get lost instantly.

Glad we went early too. The staff there said the Wrestlemania crowd gave them their normal daily business (500 people) in the first hour they were open.

We only did the mansion tour cause the full tour is super long and we didn't get there til mid-morning but I was really impressed with just the house tour.

NWS, did they offer the
pitch black tour
@ Winchester? I enjoyed the time I visit Winchester
They offered it but I figured we'd be too wiped after Raw (and I was right) but I'd like to go back and take that tour if I'm in the area again.

bjork

He wouldn't.

Short hair trips in a suit looks so much more convincing as a corporate boss than any long hair HHH would, which increases his hate-ability +100.

He wouldn't have to be a corporate boss. He could've just bought stocks for a controlling share in the storyline and then not let filth touch him.

A dick in a suit boss character is so very tired.

It was a legitimately cool spot. Such a crazy house. I'm not surprised they only do guided tours there cause you could get lost instantly.

Glad we went early too. The staff there said the Wrestlemania crowd gave them their normal daily business (500 people) in the first hour they were open.

We only did the mansion tour cause the full tour is super long and we didn't get there til mid-morning but I was really impressed with just the house tour. They were offering flashlight tours too which sound like they'd be the best way to see it.

I'd love to go on Halloween, but I bet it's an absolute madhouse.

Sephzilla

A dick in a suit boss character is so very tired.

You'll get no argument from me on this one. The heel authority trope is so fucking played out in WWE these days. But Trips is the best one at it since Attitude Era Vince.

Hump Day Honesty - Steph sucks as a heel authority figure. Sorry.

somedevil

Jericho saying in his book that he had to teach Scott Hall a roll-up and Scott Hall saying that never happened.
Jericho asking Zbysko for the Living Legend moniker, Zbysko denying him then Jericho going on his book to say how Zbysko was always out to bury him in WCW.
https://dennisearl.wordpress.com/20...bout-his-appearance-on-the-howard-stern-show/

Or do you only believe the wrestlers you want to believe?

Wow you really have the proof here. I believe in what journalists say and real researched proof rather than message board posts.

In the end it doesn't matter I have my opinion and you have yours.

notworksafe

I'd love to go on Halloween, but I bet it's an absolute madhouse.
They have an annual pass that gives first dibs to special events like that and I bet that's one of the only ways to get in on Halloween since they seem to like to keep their tour groups pretty small.

jmdajr

Saxton was originally planned to call the remainder of the Monday Night RAW broadcast on his own and did so for the next three segments. When WWE went to commercial during the John Cena versus Dean Ambrose match, Vince McMahon sent Jerry Lawler out to the broadcast table to help “bail out” Saxton as a source said.

I feel bad for Saxton.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wow you really have the proof here. I believe in what journalists say and real researched proof rather than message board posts.

In the end it doesn't matter I have my opinion and you have yours.

What are wrestling journalists but someone who hears opinions likely from the same source? It's not scientific study or mathematics.

Absolutely.

somedevil

What are wrestling journalists but someone who hears opinions likely from the same source? It's not scientific study or mathematics.

Absolutely.

I've never heard Meltzer comment on Jericho being full of it. The only person who has that reputation for his books is Hogan.

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/583279697502453762

It's over guys. Vince and Kevin Dunn have broken Big E.

He is ahead of the game because
they are turning heel

That fucking Happy Endings twitter lied to me. Time to end it all.

happyendings-cleanse3.gif

MC Safety

I feel bad for Saxton.

Well, Saxton doesn't have a very animated delivery. And there were huge pauses in his commentary. I'm inclined to let the silences stand, but I guess people want more chatter.

Beyond that, this is a fine example of why most televised events (sports, entertainment, fashion) are hosted by a commentary team. It takes a lot of skill to do cover an event without someone to take up the slack or to play off of.

Byron Saxton and Tom Phillips are very good on commentary, but they're still learning. In time, I can see them working Raw or Smackdown as a team, or maybe paired with Corey Graves.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Who can expect some youngster to carry a broadcast by himself? Seemed like a rib.

Outside of nerves, I expect most people would do a better job. The problem is that his effort basically reflected exactly what I would have expected him to do having heard him on Smackdown.

Maybe its all a worked shoot to turn him more explicitly heel.

I wonder what made Big E snap.

The only heat they're getting is hate. You either try and do something with it now or just let them be generic jobbers (they're serviceable jobbers, sure).

I guess its better than the old days when they would bring in random local guys to job, like Ted DiBiase would be fighting Dave Peterson from down the street.

Heel

I personally don't expect one person to do both color and play-by-play all while Vince McMahon feeds them lines, especially on a minute's notice. There's no way Byron could've expected Brock Lesnar to injure his fellow broadcasters like that. I'm sure his thoughts were with his friends, and whether or not he could be next.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still sad yet interested in where CJ Parker goes next. Hope he keeps the gimmick, it was the best part about him besides that dope-ass song.

I feel bad for Saxton.

Why have him stand?

Who did Smackdown last night?

Of all things, why did the WWE say Cole had a Cervical fracture?

I personally don't expect one person to do both color and play-by-play all while Vince McMahon feeds them lines, especially on a minute's notice. There's no way Byron could've expected Brock Lesnar to injure his fellow broadcasters like that. I'm sure his thoughts were with his friends, and whether or not he could be next.

Well done. I laughed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From the last page - I still love Jericho and WWE is always better when he's about. I've never read any of his books or listened to his podcast though.

The podcast can convert you to team #fuckjericho

His sticking up for Bill DeMott was the last straw for a lot of folks.

Top Bottom