• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Shame about CJ his gimmick was really good and was great for a heel, making him a jobber was bullshit. Sad that Bull will be next, he's more exciting to watch in the ring than Owens has been.

Finished Mania, dat end.

Onto Raw. Man, Brock is a cool ass bawssss. Rollins is ma dude.

Will watch the Neville match then bed. A cape?, give him a mask or at least a paper bag.

That was quick. He has the best kicks. Cant wait for some Neville/Rollins PPV's.

Here are New Japan's April Fools jokes. The Evangelion they signed last year gets piloted by Taguchi for a match, Nagata endorses his own contact lenses and Nakamura gets his own 80s action movie.
CBeetXkUsAEQLsD.jpg

Why isn't this real God dammit

Cagey

Banned
CJ Parker was a softbody in a land of hardbodies and giants.

Speaking of, when do Mizdow and Bryan plan to stop being softbodies. Barrett putting them to shame.

Bandini

Speaking of, when do Mizdow and Bryan plan to stop being softbodies. Barrett putting them to shame.

Too bad for Barrett there aren't any weight training exercises that make you an entertaining wrestler.

Striker

Sandow looks like he hasn't hit the gym in a while.

And it's so stupid they took the pink trunks away from him. Was it because of the Cena Month, aka Breast Cancer Awareness?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does Jericho think people care if he shaves his head?

would love to get the full story on what happened with konami.

I know a few people who have worked for them, and have heard Tomm Hulett (for whatever that's worth) talk about the company and they all said its been terrible there for the past decade. A lot of execs just taking trips around the world and writing it off as research for games. Fox engine is nice but I guess has a hard time scaling and that's an issue maybe? Who knows

JUST UHNUTHA VICTIM of upscaling to the tazzmission of the HD ear.

Browny

Banned
Cull predictions? Cull predictions.

Sadly, Zack is all but gone. Matadors have their work cut out. Titus and Heath could be on borrowed time too...

Browny

Banned
Already got worked into a shoot with that "Back to the Future" trailer.

Fuck the internet today man :(...I hate April's Fool day.

Oh I've just watched that trailer - what a load of bullshit that is. Not even close to being funny.

Sephzilla

Cull predictions? Cull predictions.

Sadly, Zack is all but gone. Matadors have their work cut out. Titus and Heath could be on borrowed time too...

I would have put Curtis Axel on this list too but #AXELMANIA happened at just the right time to save his career.

Kaladin

Undertaker shared a locker room backstage with Sting and the two actually shared the same flight back to Texas. There was a lot of "if we do this" talk between the two about a potential match. The original idea when Sting came in was to eventually lead to the Undertaker bout at a Wrestlemania, although WWE management has cooled on long-term plans for the former WCW World champion.

via pwinsider

Also, I love it when I'm right:

Hideo Itami got the nod to win the tournament for the NXT tournament for the Andre the Giant Battle Royal at the last minute. The original plan was for Finn Balor or Adrian Neville to go over. Once the match was moved to the pre-show, the decision was made to go with Itami as a way to tie him into Tatsumi Fujinami going into the WWE Hall of Fame, since there was a lot of Japanese media in town covering Fujinami.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This isn't me being hyperbolic. Does anyone like Chris Jericho in 2015?

• Despite being a smark favorite back in the day, Jericho is the ultimate corporate kiss ass. While I've seen 'chosen one'/'face of the company' guys like Nash or Austin criticize the WWE in one manner or another, Jericho always seemingly nods and thinks 'good idea, boss!'
• Every time he comes back it's to put somebody young over. This would be a good thing you might say. Not when it's obvious that's all he comes back to do. The intentions are good but the outcome does nothing for the other star and only hurts them. Instead of putting them over, a star with momentum usually ends up having it completely halted by a 1-2 month long feud that gives them nothing in the end because beating Jericho means nothing. A Jericho feud is a 2 month long squash match.
• Hasn't been entertaining since 2010. And that's stretching it. 2009 at the absolute latest.
• His dismissal of the Bill DeMott story by saying 'I had it worse.'
• His music that is ridiculously lame even by 80s Metal Tribute band standards.
• His phony as fuck podcast hosting.

Kaladin

Jericho stretches himself too thin I think.

He's a great wrestler, but a mediocre rock star with a great band behind him and a mediocre podcaster with a built in fanbase to keep him going.....he's a decent author at least.

I wish he would focus on something though. Either podcasting on the Network (which will likely be better than his own podcasts) or wrestling. Drop all the extra stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh that reminds me

• He'll bury you in his book if you wrong him in any way even if it's just not giving him a stick of gum.

Pizoxuat

I used to be a fan of Jericho but he's so unlikable on his podcast and the Bill Demott stuff was the final nail in the coffin for me. The only good return he had was the smiling-not-saying-anything weirdness.

This isn't me being hyperbolic. Does anyone like Chris Jericho in 2015?

• Despite being a smark favorite back in the day, Jericho is the ultimate corporate kiss ass. While I've seen 'chosen one'/'face of the company' guys like Nash or Austin criticize the WWE in one manner or another, Jericho always seemingly nods and thinks 'good idea, boss!'
• Every time he comes back it's to put somebody young over. This would be a good thing you might say. Not when it's obvious that's all he comes back to do. The intentions are good but the outcome does nothing for the other star and only hurts them. Instead of putting them over, a star with momentum usually ends up having it completely halted by a 1-2 month long feud that gives them nothing in the end because beating Jericho means nothing. A Jericho feud is a 2 month long squash match.
• Hasn't been entertaining since 2010. And that's stretching it. 2009 at the absolute latest.
• His dismissal of the Bill DeMott story by saying 'I had it worse.'
• His music that is ridiculously lame even by 80s Metal Tribute band standards.
• His phony as fuck podcast hosting.
Don't forget the mid life crisis tattoos.

Top Bottom